10 reasons I bought a Hi Point Carbine & 6 bad reasons not to

10 reasons I bought a Hi Point Carbine & 6 bad reasons not to

I am not a gun expert and do not play one on YouTube. However , I am an expert at making a good decision on how I spend my money, and after a lot of research I chose to buy a Hi Point carbine. I thought other people who are looking to make up their mind about what firearm to buy might be helped by showing what were the factors that influenced my decision, and to also include some of the negatives I discovered about the Hi point carbine that were often mentioned by other people I talked to and by reading comments on forums and gun sites.

This is just my opinion based on MY personal needs and MY experiences, income and situation. Everybody is different and your needs and situation may be very different. I realize this is an extremely hot topic and one that many people hold very strong views on. I welcome any and all constructive responses.

if you want to make a cheap gun case , here is my video for the case shown:
Make easy gun case with jig saw for rifle, pistol, shotgun

YouTube player

If you like my videos and want to subscribe, you can go to:

I add new videos every week. If you make comedy, DIY, or outdoor or low cost living or prepper videos, I would be happy to check them out.

Thanks for watching my videos and don’t forget to turn off the computer and go out and enjoy life more.

Daisy Outdoor Products 25 Count CO2 Cylinder, Silver, 12gm

My Playlist – BB Gun, Air Pistols, Air Rifles, crossbow reviews and hacks

YouTube player

My pistols
Crosman P1377BR American Classic Multi Pump .177-Caliber Pneumatic Pellet Air Pistol, Brown

Daisy Model 426 Pistol

Daisy Powerline 340 BB Repeater Pistol

Ace Martial Arts Supply Cobra System Self Cocking Pistol Tactical Crossbow, 80-Pound
If you like my videos you can help me out by using my amazon store link I added below to go to amazon in the future. Bookmark my link below and anytime you visit Amazon in the future and buy anything Amazon will throw me a few cents and it helps me make more videos at no cost to yourself. Also some viewers like to see the stuff I have bought and liked on Amazon in my Amazon store.
My Amazon store

1. AOD2874 on November 17, 2022 at 9:48 pm

High point handguns are trash. But the high point carbine is actually a very good gun

2. 1OFGODSOWN on November 17, 2022 at 9:49 pm

I did not read the comments but in case you have not heard this firearm and most firearms do NOT use Clips.They use Magazines and there is a Huge difference in how they work.I agree that it’s an Awesome firearm and I may buy another one either in .10mm or .45 caliber since I have the 995TS with the 19” barrel already.If someone else does not want one that’s good because they are hard to find because of High Demand because they work great at a great price.👍🇺🇸

3. STEPHEN MARTINI on November 17, 2022 at 9:50 pm

In another site the one con was for lefty’s while shooting were dropping the mag because the finger rides right across the mag release. What can you say about that and is there a cure?

4. ready player 1 on November 17, 2022 at 9:50 pm

I Love the 995…you should have bought the shotgun. If you have only one firearm it should be a 12 guage shotgun

5. Barry Goodson on November 17, 2022 at 9:50 pm

Personally I don’t think it’s a ugly carbine. Reason 11 is there is a lot of accessories available for the Hi Point carbines. You can add rails, lights, lasers, red dots or just configure it much like a AR-15. # 12 is it functions well and is very accurate. It will hit where you aim and that’s important. There have been a lot of patrol Officers who bought one with their own money to use on duty. Also Red Ball makes 20 magazines for these carbines now.You can do worse for more money. Good video !

6. Jim Hennessy on November 17, 2022 at 9:50 pm

Mr.Gonsalves said it all very well! Appreciate all you put into this. Now I’ll take a peak at the case construction which looks very nice!

7. Robb's Homemade Life on November 17, 2022 at 9:53 pm

Did you like my video? Did it help you in any way? Would you like to help me out too? if you use my link to Amazon when you buy anything they throw me a few cents. Plus, if you go to my store you can see the things I have bought and liked enough in the last 10 years to review or add to my store. http://www.amazon.com/shop/robbshomemadelife

8. S.O.F.F Patriots For Life on November 17, 2022 at 9:56 pm

It’s better than a stick

9. richard seys on November 17, 2022 at 9:56 pm

living ON SS only cost is a big determination of what I buy been looking at various dealers and those who carry the ?Hi
    Point what they are asking so far one thing I didnt understand the 9mm
    Hi Point was $401.00, the 40 S&W model was $333.00. other dealers range their 9mm from mid $400. to $595.00 its not ugly like last GF who had beautiful brown eyes and half inch from her right eye was two dark brown moles on her temple at first I did an Austin Powers with mole mole mole.
    /i wish ;hiPoint would come out with a double stack from their carbine

10. catdaddy on November 17, 2022 at 9:59 pm

I’m told the 20 round mags cause jamming . Any suggestions to fix this issue ???

11. Russell Horn on November 17, 2022 at 9:59 pm

If you bought a twelve gauge pump, the first time you fired it, the recoil would scare the shit out of you.

12. geo fra on November 17, 2022 at 10:00 pm

where’s the rest of the charging handle?

13. Dallas DautermanDallas on November 17, 2022 at 10:01 pm

I’d say you chose well, I bought 3 over the years for myself and my nephews. Well worth the money,!

14. Lorenzo Guice on November 17, 2022 at 10:01 pm

I noticed you don’t suppose to tighten ur bolt up to much cause it will make ur action sticky you post to tighten it up until you feel it first getting tight then stop so ur action will be smooth and make it run reliable just found that out today and I been had my carbine about six months

15. joseph jenkins on November 17, 2022 at 10:01 pm

I agree. It works. That’s all it has to do. Period. Really like the case.

16. G J on November 17, 2022 at 10:01 pm

Nah, the gun is badass looking. Spas 12 vibes. Love mine

17. Frank Goss on November 17, 2022 at 10:02 pm

You obviously haven’t priced any WW11 weapons. Cheap they are not.

18. Way Bee on November 17, 2022 at 10:04 pm

👍 👍 👍 👈

19. steven richards on November 17, 2022 at 10:04 pm

Everyone who is into guns should have a Hi Point. Not a pretty gun , but the German MP40 is ugly too, but still as cool as hell ! Once broken in, a Hi Point runs like a sewing machine. Mine always comes to the range with me. People come over and look at it, then they laugh, then I let them shoot it, then they go buy one !

20. Phil D on November 17, 2022 at 10:04 pm

My two cents on the 995TS as an owner who has personally put over 2k rounds through it and let others run at least another 1k.
    It is reliable. It eats everything. It is more accurate than a handgun. The warranty is tops. The 20 round magazine works reliably. It is cheap and fun to shoot. The felt recoil is close to a 22.
    It is a pain in the a$$ to strip compared to many other carbines. There is a fin on the back of the receiver that gets in the way of chamber to muzzle cleaning. Sometime people put a magazine in but it is not all the way in. Lefties sometimes hit the mag release when shooting. The 20 round magazine sometimes gets in the way of handling the gun. The stock magazines only hold 10 rounds.
    But I’m not going to get rid of mine any time soon.

21. jaumet de Palma on November 17, 2022 at 10:08 pm

regards from Spain! great video!! i purchased this little wonder 1 month ago. here in Spain , it costs about 570 euro ( yes, in Europe guns are expensive…) and i ‘m very satisfied. i trimmed sights and now almost all shots to 10 and 9 on target at 50 meters. At the moment absolute no failure. is a realiable gun, very decent accuracy. Everybody at range that shot the gun, enjoyed it. the trigger is something hard, but just is to get used.

22. jllrue on November 17, 2022 at 10:08 pm

My Ruger PC Carbine is better, and it uses Glock magazines! You buy what you can afford, I have a few friends who have the Hi Point, they’re happy with it.

23. jkoozer2 on November 17, 2022 at 10:09 pm

All I need to say is that I have 2.

24. Terry Lybolt on November 17, 2022 at 10:09 pm

Very honest and straight to the point video

25. Kevin Beck on November 17, 2022 at 10:10 pm

Buy the red ball magazine

26. Scott Melendrez on November 17, 2022 at 10:12 pm

Very great 👍 video. Great case as well .. great work thanks for the video. Maybe you should sell those cases everyone loves them . I’d buy one ☝️

27. Kevin Beck on November 17, 2022 at 10:13 pm

So the high point ways less than an AR-15

28. David Enriquez on November 17, 2022 at 10:14 pm

I like this video straight to the point and the case is pretty cool, I’m surprised that know one has said anything about the mention of "clips"… lol

29. David Welsh on November 17, 2022 at 10:16 pm

Looks like it’s in a casket.

30. Ray Montoya on November 17, 2022 at 10:16 pm

I have one but .40mm

31. syxx Poppin on November 17, 2022 at 10:21 pm

How much was yours.. I bought a 10mm for 370 with taxes and a 9mm carbine for $232.00 pandemic flo 🤑🔫😷

32. Thomas Sims on November 17, 2022 at 10:22 pm

Have the 45 over 1000 rounds down no hickups very well made gun

33. Alien Prepper on November 17, 2022 at 10:24 pm

You should keep it by your night stand.

34. Alien Prepper on November 17, 2022 at 10:24 pm

You should keep it by your night stand.

35. Dan G. on November 17, 2022 at 10:24 pm

I bought one carbine and one pistol. Carbine is a .45 carbine. I love this thing it shoots any and all ammo I have put thru it from steel case to aluminum. Never had an issue with either feeding or stove pipe. I loved it so much due to its durability I bought the camo 9mm pistol. The pistol is ugly and heavy as a brick. but it’s inexpensive and soo very reliable, also if I run out of ammo I can chunk my pistol at them. Like I said it’s heavy and can take a beating.

36. 3n1gma on November 17, 2022 at 10:27 pm

How is the hi point doing ??

37. Allen Watkins on November 17, 2022 at 10:28 pm

I have a Hi-Point .45 ACP carbine. I like it.

38. Gestapo Pussyranch on November 17, 2022 at 10:30 pm

The logic about ease of use vs. a shotgun is sound.

39. Mr. Diversity on November 17, 2022 at 10:31 pm

I like your reasoning and I think U’re balanced. But I can’t understand why U guys keep calling Hi Points ugly(?) What are U looking for???

40. John Blackwood on November 17, 2022 at 10:32 pm

I bought a first Gen HI Point 9 mm carbine. it doesn’t look as vicious but I got it and about 600 rounds of 9 mm ammunition for a very good price. I took mine out and shot it the other day and it shot great. I wanted a 10 mm but I couldn’t hardly turn down the deal I got on the nine and I can still get the 10 later. I haven’t had a single hiccup with my gun. I like it a lot!

41. A Frame Adventures on November 17, 2022 at 10:34 pm

I absolutely love your approach to reviewing this firearm. You talked about why "you" chose this firearm and why it works for your intended use. There are so many gun snobs that immediately turn their nose up to a hi point. I have worked in law enforcement for some time and have come across several families that have only had the budget to purchase a hi point to defend their families and they have served them well. Thank you for this video.

42. Andy Black on November 17, 2022 at 10:35 pm

Nice overview! I’m thinking I might want to get a PCC in a few years for my second gun I’m debating on the PC carbine or AR9 or AKV or something similar in the PCC market. How much is 9mm per round for fun at the range?

43. Jason Lindamood on November 17, 2022 at 10:38 pm

This video randomly found me and I’m glad it did. Very informative, Robb. In recent years I picked up a couple of Hi Point carbines (chambered in 9mm as well as .45 ACP) because I realized I had a lot of pistol ammo and wanted something other than a handgun to push it through. And I didn’t want to spend upwards of $1,000 on a carbine, so price was definitely a factor. They may not win any ‘firearm beauty contests’ but, as you mention, they’re reliable and definitely better than a sharp stick (as the old saying goes…). And maybe one of these days ammo will go back down in price. At 40-ish cents per round (for 9mm) it seems like a person almost needs to take out a loan to go to the gun range nowadays. Again, great video!

44. Jason Seyler on November 17, 2022 at 10:38 pm

Hands down best warranty and mine, the cheaper the round you feed it, the better it shoots lol

45. Morrie Atkins on November 17, 2022 at 10:41 pm

Love my 995 high point carbine fun to shoot and very accurate shooting

46. Andre Chiriboga on November 17, 2022 at 10:42 pm

Own many fire arms from $300 to $10000 and I can tell you the Hi Point is one of my favorites,mine is .40 Smith&Wesson very very reliable, I know is not the most beautiful guns but remember you need something reliable to go bang bang you are not going on a date with it.

47. Davey Dave on November 17, 2022 at 10:42 pm

I have this in the .40 S&W. Absolutely love it

48. Trent Boone on November 17, 2022 at 10:42 pm

Its not a clip it’s a magazine sis uses clips

49. _ goodwin10k on November 17, 2022 at 10:43 pm

I’m waiting to get this….I have been waiting for my background check to go through, but was told that I could come pick it up in a day if it hasn’t come back.

50. carl mohrherr on November 17, 2022 at 10:43 pm

I greatly enjoyed how a non-gun type, but with good thinking and knowledge chooses a self-defense gun for the family.
    The issue with the highpoint is the firing pin. It is subject to bending and breakage. If it is not shot a lot and spends most of its life in a closet it will likely not be an issue. I had an early 995 highpoint that I purchased used. I left it in a closet for more than 10 years after it kept jamming and fixed it two weeks agp. It needed new improved springs from highpoint and they also sent me two new firing pins along with springs for replacement. I did some reading and found out there is problem with them. The HP firing pin serves as a firing pin and ejector serving double duty so to speak.
    PS one can clean a high point without disassembly. And I am using the 10 shot magazine (Clips).