140-Dollar Pump Shotgun vs 600-Dollar Pump Shotgun

140-Dollar Pump Shotgun vs 600-Dollar Pump Shotgun

Pump Shotgun Comparison! Mossberg 590 A1 vs Hatsan Escort Slugger 12 gauge.
First video with this Escort shotgun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWAI57VAR9M
———————— Please check out and support the people who help make this channel possible: BUD’s GUN SHOP, FEDERAL PREMIUM, SONORAN DESERT INSTITUTE, SILENCER CENTRAL, TALON GRIPS, & BALLISTOL: http://www.hickok45.com/supporters/
Become a Gong Club member at our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/hickok45
Federal Premium: http://www.federalpremium.com/
SDI (Sonoran Desert Institute): http://www.sdi.edu/
Talon Grips: https://talongungrips.com/
Ballistol: https://ballistol.com/
ALSO, ALL our videos are on GunStreamer.com:
The short FAQ Videos playlist will answer most questions you have:

YouTube player

Find us on Hickok45 Twitter and Facebook, as well as “therealHickok45” on Instagram.

NOTE: All shooting in our videos is done by professional shooters for instructional and entertainment purposes, with an emphasis on safety and responsible gun ownership. Do not attempt to copy at home anything you see in our videos. Firearms can be extremely dangerous if not used safely.

1. Anand Chundi on January 2, 2023 at 12:49 am

It’s cheap and an escort! Call me a john

2. CloudBase on January 2, 2023 at 12:49 am

How is your shoulder holding up? 😄

3. peter villalba on January 2, 2023 at 12:50 am

You ran out of watermelon

4. Charles Pratt on January 2, 2023 at 12:50 am

I think I’d land somewhere between the two with a Maverick 88.

5. janice copeland on January 2, 2023 at 12:50 am

Gave $125.00 cash for a used Mossberg 500A in mint condition.

6. FreeAim Dog on January 2, 2023 at 12:54 am

dang this dude fires that shotgun fast

7. HazzardBadger on January 2, 2023 at 12:56 am

I think everyone should have a shotgun. Nobody sticks around to find out when they hear the click clack.

8. steven cochran on January 2, 2023 at 12:59 am

Favorite cheap shotgun savage 320 … it’s a Winchester 1300 for cheap cheap im guessing they pay for pattons .. 1300 barrels chokes everything fit them 320 savage less than 250$!!!!

9. Sam Dunlap on January 2, 2023 at 12:59 am

I sold firearms and never shot one but the Steven’s 320 seems like a very fine firearm for $140 JMHO I was going to buy one but ended up getting a Mossburg 930 for $125 🙂

10. Kevin Adams on January 2, 2023 at 12:59 am

Maybe polish the internals.

11. RussellCasse on January 2, 2023 at 1:01 am

Hay ben sizin ürettiğiniz tüfeği s**eyim hatsan.

12. Ron Brown on January 2, 2023 at 1:04 am

So I just got the Hatsan escort 8 shell holder. I had that exact same problem with the shells not ejecting that well unless you fully commit to racking the slide. My theory is that the ejection port is to sharp and needs to be sanded or trim down and change the follower because the action is a little bocky… but it’s still a great gun for the price, I picked one up for $500 vs a maverick 88 costing $1500 I live in the Bahamas btw

13. Mike on January 2, 2023 at 1:05 am

Got my mossberg maverick 88 for $189

14. bdr32965 on January 2, 2023 at 1:06 am

My personal preference for a cheaper shotgun is to buy a Mossberg Maverick 88. I have one of the Maverick 88’s, and it is reliable as can be and quite accurate. I’d take my Maverick 88 over one of the cheaper Turkish shotguns any day.

15. Fizzbin on January 2, 2023 at 1:07 am

How would the cheap one do against a ninja, assuming the ninja could not be seen?

16. WC3fanatic997 on January 2, 2023 at 1:07 am

Honestly, these days, with the Maverick from Mossberg often coming in at, or maybe even less, than $200, there’s no reason not to have at the very least a Mossberg.

And these days I want to support American as much as humanely possible. We need to stop giving money to other countries when we have people in our own that need it.

17. wrath231 on January 2, 2023 at 1:09 am

Does your Mossberg have a bayonet lug?

18. Drambo 🥃 on January 2, 2023 at 1:11 am

Got a escort and F Infinity both and 12 G the escort is fine I tack Friends out and Oll can shot with it I like it good value for money no problem with it as well from drambo West coast of Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🥃

19. Ramon Perez on January 2, 2023 at 1:12 am

Thanks for the video.Happy new year.

20. TTime685 on January 2, 2023 at 1:12 am

Why does no one ever talk about the Benelli Supernova.. It’s superior to all these and can be had for under $500

21. casey quinn on January 2, 2023 at 1:14 am

My favorite “cheap” shotgun is the Stephens 320 ($229 at Academy Sports). ATA also has a tactical shotgun for a little over $200 that is nice. I’m just the type to pay extra if it looks better but if you just want a shotgun at the cheapest possible price it won’t get better than this.

22. Guitarsquatch M. on January 2, 2023 at 1:14 am

It’s interesting that the cheapy seems to have better attention to detail, well on the outside at least.

23. Daniel Kunkle on January 2, 2023 at 1:14 am

Those Turkish guns costing so little are just a concern for me. I just feel that they’re cheap for a reason and that probably means poor quality. TFB TV has tried to torture test a few Turkish shotguns and they have all failed. I got two 18" pump guns that work just fine, Remington 870 Tactical and a Mossberg 590A1. Both acquired in the $500 – $600 range which is reasonable. I can’t afford a $2000 Benelli M4 but my pump guns get the job done just fine.

24. Vladimir Vodkin on January 2, 2023 at 1:17 am

I have 2 pump shotguns. The first one is italian Fabarm, the second is Mossberg. Due to the sanctions there are no new american shotguns on our market. But I’d like to say: I better take an old american pump rather a new turkish one. The quality of Hatsan is awful. Most of the turkish shotguns are copies of Beretta and Fabarm, but made of low-quality materials.

25. gary moore on January 2, 2023 at 1:18 am

i like to have one in 3 1/2 inch shells left handed!!

26. Aaron Antonio on January 2, 2023 at 1:18 am

Interestingly enough I live in a metropolitan area in Maryland so for home defense the Escort isn’t a bad backup weapon 😊

27. Art6555 on January 2, 2023 at 1:19 am

I remember when I was younger and starting a family back in the mid 90’s. All I could afford was the H&R single shot 12 gauge (remember back in them days it was about $50). Now I have a variety of Mossbergs and Remington home defense shotguns. It is nice seeing an option for the young man starting his family in these difficult times. I still recommend the Maverick 88 because they are about $200 up here.

28. Tony T. on January 2, 2023 at 1:20 am

Limbsavers are great and made in my home town!!

29. Tony B on January 2, 2023 at 1:22 am

My Remington 870 gets breach lock after it gets hot and rapid firing

30. showtime2629 on January 2, 2023 at 1:23 am

For some reason James Reeves just cannot get a Turkish shotgun to run, but Hickok has no issues.

31. adam haptonstall on January 2, 2023 at 1:23 am

I would love to see you review the keltech 12 gauge

32. Joel Cromwell on January 2, 2023 at 1:24 am

I bought a Turkish made 12 gauge pump called the Canuck Canuck Enforcer. Came with three handle configurations, three chokes and a muzzle break and chrome lined barrel with removal tool. $400 tax in Canadian.

33. hickok45 on January 2, 2023 at 1:25 am

Also, as an FYI, since this cheap shotgun never seemed to break in and function smoothly, I decided to just order another one from Bud’s. I just bought one for myself and will see how it compares. Shot it yesterday doing some tree trimming. My first impression after just 15 or 20 shots is that it seems to cycle a bit more smoothly, or at least not tend to hang up. Not sure yet, but I’ll shoot it a fair amount and let you know how it goes.
    Part of the problem with this Escort is the strange configuration of the slide grip. It’s like it’s only designed to get a firm grasp when PULLING it rearward. Problem is, it sometimes requires even MORE force to move it forward to make sure you get it fully into battery, and with this design, my hand and fingers want to slip off.

34. dennis ligma on January 2, 2023 at 1:27 am

I am not well off money wise but work overtime at amazon during xmas and could not see a reason why i shouldnt spend $440 on a mossberg 590 with the bayonet lug and holds 8 in the tube. Its a beast of a gun that the military trusts so good enough and i dont worry about the cheap aspect. The metal the cheap ones are made of fails after a short while. Ive seen the action pulls on the pump sheer off etc…Not when my life could depend on it.

35. Road Biker on January 2, 2023 at 1:30 am

Buy Cheap, Buy Twice..

36. GunpowderMan on January 2, 2023 at 1:32 am

if your gonna get an inexpensive shotgun get a mossberg 88

37. OBX Beach on January 2, 2023 at 1:32 am

Can you dry fire a shotgun ?

38. Ted Rowland on January 2, 2023 at 1:33 am

I don’t use a shotgun myself…I prefer using my revolver

39. projectJ30 on January 2, 2023 at 1:33 am

I don’t get why people pinch pennies when buying a firearm. Unless you’re getting down to the 100 range and are buying it for the hell of it. I’d say this is in that territory, if you’re only buying a shotgun because it’s cheap. If you’re buying a shotgun to add to your collection, then buy something worthwhile.

40. TPxTurn_Up on January 2, 2023 at 1:36 am

I’d love to see you do a video of an AA-12 w/ drum mag

41. Marcus Huff on January 2, 2023 at 1:36 am

Have you displayed artillery from the Spanish -American Civil Era?

42. Rick Swindell on January 2, 2023 at 1:39 am

I have a New England pardner, made in china, modeled after an 870. 12 ga, works well for 160$

43. Janilson Pinheiro on January 2, 2023 at 1:40 am

In Brazil it costs 1,500 dollars and it is almost impossible for you to be authorized to buy it.

44. Jason Stone on January 2, 2023 at 1:43 am

It don’t matter if you buy a $200 shotgun or a $2,000. If you don’t practice. You won’t hit shit with either. Oh. By the way. A criminal will not ever ask how much you paid if he hears the shu shuck of the pump while breaking into your house………… 🍻 🍻

45. connor_ mosteller on January 2, 2023 at 1:44 am

The good turkey shotguns are the rock Island armorys

46. manifestgtr on January 2, 2023 at 1:44 am

I have a Stevens 320 and to be honest…it’s great. I bought it for grouse hunting and it’s easy to carry for several hours, ergonomic within reason and it sends game loads downrange about as well as anything else. For $150ish, you really can’t ask for anything more.

47. Travis on January 2, 2023 at 1:44 am

Hickock, your short strokin that puppy. dont shoot it like the ones you have shot 10000 times, just soot th

48. Rod Schrader on January 2, 2023 at 1:47 am

I picked up a Stevens clone of a win.1300 security. Great truck gun ,and it’s handled all the abuse I’ve dished out.
    No complaints given I paid
    165..00

49. crazybeardave on January 2, 2023 at 1:48 am

Man, this channel is chicken soup for the soul. I can feel the breeze and smell the gunsmoke. Keep up the good work, brother.

50. daddy day on January 2, 2023 at 1:48 am

Crazy u don’t hunt shit haha