5.7x28mm ballistics test with surprising results! How does it compare to 9mm?

5.7x28mm ballistics test with surprising results! How does it compare to 9mm?

MAC Website & PrimaryArms website link: http://www.militaryarms.org
Join Patreon and support MAC! http://www.patreon.com/militaryarms
MAC Amazon Store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/militaryarmschannel
Support Mac on YouTube! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-qxagOkAmCEP-Tu6YliUQ/join
MAC T-Shirt Store: https://ballisticink.com/collections/military-arms-channel

If you don’t care for Patreon, checkout SubscribeStar: https://www.subscribestar.com/militaryarms

We take the most common commercially available 5.7x28mm ammo and conduct some ballistics testing using a Ruger 57 pistol. How does the 5.7 do? How does it compare to 9mm? How does Elite Ammunition 5.7x28mm perform?

If you carry a gun for personal defense, you need to be protected from lawsuits or criminal charges should you need to use your firearm defensively. I recommend USCCA: https://tracking.deltadefense.com/aff_c?offer_id=94&aff_id=18652

Challenge Targets Discount Code: MAC556 (https://www.challengetargets.com/SFNT.html)

OpticsPlanet Discount Code: MAC556

Join MAC on Twitch for live gaming: https://www.twitch.tv/militaryarms

Please join the Gun Owners of America. This link gives you 1 year for only $15 (we get no kick-backs): http://gunowners.me/2gAxNyv

IMPORTANT: All shooting is done on a state approved firing range and under the supervision of trained professionals. Our videos are produced in a safe environment by highly trained professionals with decades of experience. We are Federally licensed and are compliant with all Federal and State laws. Do not attempt to replicate the actions featured in our videos without the proper training, licensing and without medical professionals present.

We are not attempting to sell you the items featured in this video. We are not instructing our viewers on how to modify firearms, accessories or otherwise change their basic legal function. All firearms and accessories are legal products commonly available in stores all across the United States. Our videos are for entertainment purposes only.

#5.7×28 #ballistic #testing

1. The Gobbler Project on July 21, 2022 at 7:32 pm

Gotta love Paul Harrell videos

2. hunter benoit on July 21, 2022 at 7:35 pm

So from my understanding the 5.7 was supposed to be more accurate at long range not anymore deadly from close

3. Owen LaPrath on July 21, 2022 at 7:36 pm

What is it with this "tumbling" mythology I’ve been hearing from people for almost 40 years now, since self declared arms experts in the Army were telling that stuff to us? That is NOT what causes extensive damage, it is the supersonic shock-wave that causes the most damage. ANY round can make a 1/2turn to face tail forward when hitting tissue, as can be seen in many gel test videos. Smaller calibres don’t "tumble" over and over, but the lighter bullet takes the same powder energy to travel faster, and hence cause a bigger shockwave.
    Plain and simple physics!

4. Travis Jones on July 21, 2022 at 7:38 pm

Meat target? I have a smoker. No, really! It’s just screaming for ribs. With a watermelon for dessert anyone?

5. Gun Got Damn Freedom on July 21, 2022 at 7:38 pm

The hydro shock on the civil liberty is nastier than the gold dot……

6. Gareth Fergusson on July 21, 2022 at 7:39 pm

I think this video is where Joe got the idea 9 mill blows the lungs out the back😂

7. Ryan Kruszewski on July 21, 2022 at 7:40 pm

You are comparing bullets that weigh allot more than 5.7×28 bullets it’s kinda of a stupid comparison 5.7×28 are designed for penetration and straighter trajectories and the ability to shoot further distances also less recoil making it much easier to put more rounds on target the 9mm is a peace of shit compared to the 5.7×28 in every aspect except for static shock again do to the bullet being lighter than other calibers like the 9mm

8. @NOKTERNAL 4 LIFE ! on July 21, 2022 at 7:40 pm

Great video!

9. Bad possum4 on July 21, 2022 at 7:42 pm

I always believed that in suburban shooting you did not want over penetration. I am not a peace officer & doubt if i will be shooting through a car door.

10. Richard Rogers on July 21, 2022 at 7:43 pm

147gr good knockdown, but have seen numerous range malfunctions in short barrel pistols, mostly FTF next round. I wouldn’t trust it in anything other than a full size pistol like the Beretta (for defense).

11. Juice Joy on July 21, 2022 at 7:43 pm

You wouldn’t stand a chance

12. Tom Mac TAPN expansion2 on wickr on July 21, 2022 at 7:43 pm

Hey guys I got my glock 19x from the name above my Gmail ⬆️⬆️⬆️with low shipping prices deal with them they are the best store..

13. Legend Th3 on July 21, 2022 at 7:44 pm

Looks like the v max will blow out a lung

14. Kris Kaylor on July 21, 2022 at 7:45 pm

Cool video, thanks

15. The Fez on July 21, 2022 at 7:45 pm

Do you still carry the 90 grain extreme defenders from Underwood or have you switched carry ammo for something heavier?

16. Deshawn Williams on July 21, 2022 at 7:47 pm

I don’t own the SS198LF but I do have the SS195LL and I think the performances of similar I do have some V Max on the way

17. krekk on July 21, 2022 at 7:47 pm

great video! 🙂

18. 👉IMMAGLOCKDEALER ON WICKR APP 👈 legit on July 21, 2022 at 7:47 pm

Text 👆👆👆him for different types of guns he help me with mine real and legit

19. Bill Whitmire on July 21, 2022 at 7:47 pm

Im sorry… a watermelon 😂
    U R A JOKE

20. M117 on July 21, 2022 at 7:47 pm

I don’t think ballistics matter as much as people think they do, you get shot with pretty much any caliber in any vital part of your body your going to die pretty quick. Instead of trying to rely on ballistics to be your guide I would argue choose the gun you are the most comfortable/accurate with, it’s all about shot placement. Whatever gets you there

21. Isaac Bynum on July 21, 2022 at 7:50 pm

Nice Thanks for the info

22. Mike Raymer on July 21, 2022 at 7:51 pm

What camera are you using for the slow motion shots?

23. Stud Muffin on July 21, 2022 at 7:51 pm

Isn’t it better if a round imparts all of its energy into a target as long as there’s some penetration, rather than pass straight through?

Also, true, the 5.7’s mass is less, but the velocity is higher, so depending on the total picture, the total foot/pounds of energy in a 5.7 could be much more than a 9mm.

24. Dr Beechas on July 21, 2022 at 7:52 pm

Imagine being tier 1 carrying a mp7 with mags upon mags of green tip 5.7 /drool

25. AR_Patriot on July 21, 2022 at 7:54 pm

Wished you had shot that load if FN rounds thru the Pistol again to see it is was in fact the Ruger 57 doesn’t like that particular round. The one that didn’t cycle the action.

26. Jay F. on July 21, 2022 at 7:58 pm

where do I find 5.7x28mm ammo

27. Who am I on July 21, 2022 at 7:58 pm

Bet them ribs cooked up nice and tender.
    Great video and thanks for not making a sweeping conclusion. We focus on ballistics in modern weapons bc humans like data, this data is a subset when considering effectiveness.

Any modern center fire round has the potential to be deadly at 10 yards.

It seems fair to say dead is dead regardless of the the number of pieces produced in the process.

Only my humble opinion via experiential learning, I choose # of tries over the relatively minor range in a coefficient.

The probability of hitting your mark(s) is a major consideration. Those melons, though courageous, were neither moving or shooting back. If they were, the 57’s low recoil and higher round capacity may change one’s priority. Standard ballistics were less important when making my 57 investment. The ~10 extra opportunities to succeed and a steadier hand for the next squeeze provide the defender more opportunities for a safer tomorrow have made my Kimber 1911 a wonder show piece.

28. M117 on July 21, 2022 at 7:59 pm

I work in surgery, the body is most certainly not made up of that much fluid, and definitely not that much water. Just saying, the biggest obstacle or most likely things a bullet will encounter will be skin, fat, connective tissue, muscle, bone, also there really is not fluid in the lungs, if so you would die. There is about ten pints of blood in a adult, that’s about 8 percent of body weight. So a watermelon is really not realistic when testing ammo, grab a pork shoulder or pork butt

29. Kelly M on July 21, 2022 at 7:59 pm

Did you ever try to use Elite ammo 33 grain with the meat test?

30. Mike Byrne on July 21, 2022 at 8:01 pm

I dont understand. Isn’t an ar rifle firing a 55 grain around 2 thousand feet per second? How is a 9mm pistol doing that?

31. Texan 808 on July 21, 2022 at 8:05 pm

both are killing you no matter what

32. JAYMAG Brownstone on July 21, 2022 at 8:09 pm

. Bigger bullets will go through barriers and big bones better. A 27gr bullet is too light for my liking!!! I love fast AR rounds, but in this case I’d personally rather 15rounds of 9mm.

33. francotirador941 on July 21, 2022 at 8:09 pm

Can someone please tell me what beretta is on this video (model) thank you and forgive my ignorance

34. ccol009 on July 21, 2022 at 8:10 pm

@Military Arms Channel. Hi Mac, can you put the FN FNX .45 Tactical through The Gaunlet?

35. Sarah TAPN Plusfund01 on telegram on July 21, 2022 at 8:11 pm

Kudos to the name above my Gmail ⬆️⬆️⬆️ who help me with my Glocks 19 few days ago thanks man

36. AK-47 on July 21, 2022 at 8:12 pm

You’re kinda gay for buying that knock off ruger

37. Jason Argueta on July 21, 2022 at 8:14 pm

One day some one will do the actual fbi b test with the 57 and get the real results

38. Treblaine on July 21, 2022 at 8:16 pm

I think where 5.7 would really excel is if you had to use a pistol at much MUCH farther ranges than typical for a handgun, such as right out to 100m. That may be why the SAS (supposedly) adopted this pistol.

39. jack follansbee on July 21, 2022 at 8:18 pm

All watermelons are equal

40. C Knight on July 21, 2022 at 8:18 pm

Loved the FN, just didn’t like the price of the pistol when it first came out!

41. Drknow1123 on July 21, 2022 at 8:18 pm

That’s I favor those rounds 👍🏻

42. Strat on July 21, 2022 at 8:19 pm

Fast and light is a bad guy’s blight.

43. Lamanian 1 on July 21, 2022 at 8:20 pm

I really wanted to see the 147 gold dot against meat target but its all good. Ill stick to 9 mil it clearly did more damage. 5.7 is still a sweet round tho seems to have really low recoil

44. Bronx Warrior on July 21, 2022 at 8:20 pm

Ok I have a Ruger 5×7 I have some the fin ammo. When the world goes to Hell I want to make wholes in flesh. I respect as a follow marine your knowledge akways

45. The Vaping Samurai on July 21, 2022 at 8:24 pm

Did you just finger a water melon? What’s the going rate for an FN 5 7, in that configuration, with a box of Ammo? I’m not interested in the Beretta. It’s a ladies handbag gun in comparison.

46. Everett Amador on July 21, 2022 at 8:25 pm

The 5.7 is just plain nasty!!

47. Hooke Aires on July 21, 2022 at 8:26 pm

M.A.C. Sacrificing tasty picnic food, so you don’t have to.

48. Johan Van Aarde on July 21, 2022 at 8:26 pm

Hi johan from South Africa. You had convinced me to get a 5.7x28mm for self defense and will get a rifle in that calibers for hunting. Thanks for such a great insight of fire arms

49. T59 on July 21, 2022 at 8:27 pm

Great video. Straight and too the point…no really loud music or plain BS talk. Still wonder why the Ruger failed to eject that one round. Thanks

50. Joe Rim on July 21, 2022 at 8:28 pm