500 dollar 1911 vs 3,000 dollar 1911

500 dollar 1911 vs 3,000 dollar 1911

Comparing an inexpensive 1911 with a very expensive 1911.
———————— Please check out and support the people who help make this channel possible: BUD’s GUN SHOP, FEDERAL PREMIUM, SONORAN DESERT INSTITUTE, SILENCER CENTRAL, TALON GRIPS, & BALLISTOL: http://www.hickok45.com/supporters/
Become a Gong Club member at our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/hickok45
Federal Premium: http://www.federalpremium.com/
SDI (Sonoran Desert Institute): http://www.sdi.edu/
Talon Grips: https://talongungrips.com/
Ballistol: https://ballistol.com/
ALSO, ALL our videos are on GunStreamer.com:
The short FAQ Videos playlist will answer most questions you have:

YouTube player

Find us on Hickok45 Twitter and Facebook, as well as “therealHickok45” on Instagram.

NOTE: All shooting in our videos is done by professional shooters for instructional and entertainment purposes, with an emphasis on safety and responsible gun ownership. Do not attempt to copy at home anything you see in our videos. Firearms can be extremely dangerous if not used safely.

1. 11 bravo on January 2, 2023 at 12:47 am

I had a Rock Island armory 38 special biggest piece of s*** gun I ever had one of the cylinders wasn’t the same size as the rest very poor made gun I would never buy another one.. the grips fell off after about 200 rounds you get what you pay for you buy a cheap $300 gun you’re going to get a cheap $300 gun..

2. Ms. Ann Thrope on January 2, 2023 at 12:49 am

Kinda like comparing an Invicta to a Rolex, a Yugo to a Mercedes. Yes, the cheap job will run….for a while. But one will run long enough to hand down to your kids as tight as most guns new. One gun is mrerely assembled and one is hand fitted, sharp corners carefully rounded and radiused, each part is serial numbered to that pistol. One feels ok. One feels like it’s on ball bearings. Silky smooth.

I have an Ed Brown Special Forces. I have wanted one for years and one day I was fortunate enough to buy one to add to my 2 Les Baers. Just a joy to handle and working the slide, safety, enjoy the way each part is fitted. The rear of the slide with the extractor and ejector being blended to where it feels like one piece of billet steel. No under bite, no over bite.

Compare a Rolex to an Invicta. Compare the hand fitting and polishing. Is a Rolex worth $10,000? That’s up to the owner. Will it be status, will it be ego, will it be knowing how they are made and assembled? Will it important to be able to appreciate the perfection of how it can be made? Up to you.

3. salsavitae on January 2, 2023 at 12:50 am

wonderfully informative for a new gun owner. i’m just getting into the world of guns and this helped me understand the landscape of a new hobby just a little bit more. lovely video, thank you.

4. whats up on January 2, 2023 at 12:53 am

Sorry the kia won’t be around in 20 years my RI 1911 will be.

5. The Reel Rant Reviewer on January 2, 2023 at 12:54 am

This video just reminds me that a gun is a gun and each or any can kill in all the same ways. Thank You for educating us on what all guns do cool looking or not!!!🤬🤬🤬👎👎

6. Anthony Robideau on January 2, 2023 at 12:56 am

My rock island 1911 has never let me down.

7. Elcio Ev. on January 2, 2023 at 12:57 am

🐍

8. Justinian Yi on January 2, 2023 at 12:58 am

This is like the Small Block Chevy of pistols. My dad trained on this in the South Korean army (Military Police). I’ll be training on this myself soon enough, although as a civilian recreational shooter in professionally-operated ranges. Looks like this design just works

9. Manuel Luis on January 2, 2023 at 12:59 am

A minha preferida.

10. Virginia scurti on January 2, 2023 at 12:59 am

NRA does not need to be given up on it just needs Wayne and his cronies packing.

11. Byron Harano on January 2, 2023 at 1:00 am

Thanks. Most comparison videos are way too long and this is way too long. I want to know. Which you prefer better. I don’t care about the other stuff that just is boring.

12. Ron Farmer on January 2, 2023 at 1:02 am

One of my biggest regrets was when I sold my Colt M1911A1. I let it go for a whopping $350.

13. Billy Todak on January 2, 2023 at 1:03 am

He’s so relaxing to listen to. I dont know why, but he just is.

14. Elon Musk on January 2, 2023 at 1:05 am

Yeah, cause I want to join an organization that the president of basically stole funds so that he could buy homes and jets with. Cause that’s what I need to do with my money

15. Jmersh on January 2, 2023 at 1:05 am

I still can’t get over the fact that you wear your banded earplugs upside down for all these years.

16. N's Creations on January 2, 2023 at 1:07 am

>sees thumbnail
    >sees first few seconds of video

Wait, this isn’t a Devil May Cry reference?

17. Lash LaRue on January 2, 2023 at 1:09 am

It’s hard to believe these guns go all the way back to 1911 — before WWI(!) 🤯

18. OverClock on January 2, 2023 at 1:12 am

Doe’s it even matter? A plastic fork can kill someone lol

19. Rtv Vader on January 2, 2023 at 1:12 am

The 1911 is my favorite gun

20. Chip Taylor on January 2, 2023 at 1:15 am

Go a head with it.
    I’ll take my ATI ACP 45 cal.
    I luv it. I purchased a Sig nightmare & colt officer’s carry.
    Yet the ATI really surprised me.
    I absolutely love ATI over even a Kimber . Sometimes folks Waist $$$$$ . Hell I did.
    So hearing about this, makes one think.

21. Brandon Sells on January 2, 2023 at 1:16 am

Not just guns, this man talks about life. I can listen to him for hours. Just a great human.

22. Jose Arceo on January 2, 2023 at 1:17 am

Your my idol

23. A on January 2, 2023 at 1:17 am

Dude get to the point!

24. Ken del valle on January 2, 2023 at 1:22 am

They both shoot the same bullets!

25. Britski Hambone on January 2, 2023 at 1:22 am

And now, there are some fairly new imports from Turkey, like Tisas and Canik, which are really good quality and even cheaper than the Rock Island guns.

26. Brian Keith on January 2, 2023 at 1:23 am

Just got the rock island 45 for Christmas from my Pop

27. Flo dog on January 2, 2023 at 1:24 am

I’ve owned my Rock Island 1911 for 2 years now it’s one of my favorite guns it’s a great gun

28. Frank The Rabbit on January 2, 2023 at 1:24 am

In my experience, RIA makes a great 1911 for the money. I carry a 1500$ Springfield Emissary. And that’s as expensive as I’ll go. And that’s my daily carry. With 1911s it’s just extra stuff that isn’t necessary for a functioning, reliable pistol. It’s all just aesthetics to me.

29. John Landry on January 2, 2023 at 1:24 am

I have a nighthawk and a kimber 1911, the nighthawk is truly amazing and feels so great, especially shooting, solid, smooth, stable.

30. Zachary Greene on January 2, 2023 at 1:24 am

I have a rock island full size 1911, love it. Every bit as good as an expensive one

31. Anonym on January 2, 2023 at 1:25 am

If i was from America i would almost definitely get me a 1911. Preferably one from rock island.

…It definitely would need some paint on the Frontsight though.

32. Virginia scurti on January 2, 2023 at 1:26 am

7 mil subscribers and you can’t afford a Mercedes?

33. Parkcrashers on January 2, 2023 at 1:29 am

Sounds like your just running an add for a cheap brand

34. Confuscious Puff on January 2, 2023 at 1:29 am

California is just America’s china

35. ReginaldDj Thomas on January 2, 2023 at 1:30 am

I just bought a Taurus 1911 and only had it about 2weeks I took it to the Gun Range and ran 200 westchester’s 230gr through it with no hiccups ran perfectly Plus this is my 1st 1911 I love it.

36. Virginia scurti on January 2, 2023 at 1:31 am

The only real criticism of Rock Island is fit and finish. IDK anyone who complains about theirs.

37. Lazarus745 on January 2, 2023 at 1:31 am

My Rock Island will run all day with ball ammo, go to hollow points and you may run into more problems. Make sure you really test your carry ammo.

38. undead Otter on January 2, 2023 at 1:32 am

I know this was 3 years ago…. But I just got my 1911, I paid 400$ for it. I love it so far, but I have only put 2 clips through it so far. No jams, decently accurate and the kick was not bad at all.

39. Andre Rodriguez on January 2, 2023 at 1:32 am

Single stack 😙, I guess its NJ and Cali compliant 😔

40. J Just J on January 2, 2023 at 1:35 am

.45 flys SOOO SLOOOW! 🤣

But guns should work"."
    Cheap or expensive no matter – if it don’t work don’t buy it.

For me, after that, I’ll pay for additional "features": things to make the gun last longer, shoot easier, shoot better, feel better, prettier, customer support…

$400 will get you a REALLY GOOD GUN.

$1600 will get you a SUPER NICE gun…and you are starting to show off.

$3000? Yer just showin’ off! 😂

41. EvielKnievel on January 2, 2023 at 1:35 am

What weapon do you carry? Your choice.

42. Huanjun Pang on January 2, 2023 at 1:35 am

U are a great marksman 👍

43. ShadowWarrior on January 2, 2023 at 1:35 am

What the hell was the end of this video?

44. Eddie Holt on January 2, 2023 at 1:36 am

I enjoy watching your videoed, you give fair and honest reviews. I purchased one of my firearms based off one of your reviews and got a good firearm.

45. bhoetep eagle on January 2, 2023 at 1:40 am

I have a Hungarian 1911, have had it for years never any issues goes bang every time

46. 392Hemi on January 2, 2023 at 1:43 am

I have two 1911’s. One is a Wilson Combat and the other is a Tisas “government” clone. Here is a difference: I love my Wilson Combat. I like my “gov.” Tisas.

47. Brian on January 2, 2023 at 1:43 am

I WAS a member. Wayne LaPee-yew used it as his own piggy bank and then let a Russian agent funnel money from Putin into American politics. Screw them. It is time for a new club that represents the actual views of us gun owners.

48. Fransha Brooks on January 2, 2023 at 1:44 am

Great video I appreciate the way you instruct and educate. Peace and blessings to you and your family

49. Shawn Chavis on January 2, 2023 at 1:44 am

Spoiler alert: They both fire bullets that will kill stuff.

50. Ammazer 122 on January 2, 2023 at 1:45 am

I’d kill for a range like that man.