6 Things You Don't Know About The 1911 Pistol

6 Things You Don't Know About The 1911 Pistol

Browning’s M1911 is a legendary pistol. It is one-of-a-kind; even after a hundred years of its production, it remains to be a relevant firearm. It is still a popular gun despite the prevalence of polymer pistol handguns.

After the expiration of Colt’s patent for the 1911 handgun, there are already a plethora of manufacturers that have their own take on this pistol. Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson, Kimber, and Dan Wesson are among the top makers of modern 1911s.

As a semi-automatic pistol, the 1911 features an impressive construction and performance. Its trigger design is considered one of the best in the world of pistols. Furthermore, it uses a steel frame that is great for recoil reduction, which, in turn, enhances its shootability. Of course, the steel architecture guarantees its longevity. The gun can simply last a lifetime.

The existence of the 1911 pistol is quite endearing. However, there is some information that you probably don’t know about it.
********************************************************************

Please LIKE and SUBSCRIBE help us reach 100k Subscribes ☺
+ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ClickClackTV
+ Facebook: https://fb.com/clickclack.offical
+ Ko-fi: https://ko-fi.com/ClickClackTV

********************************************************************
#clickclack, pistols,#1911,#1911pistol,1911,1911 pistol,1911 handgun 9mm,best 1911 pistol,best 1911 handgun,most popular 1911,colt 1911,best 1911,m1911,springfield 1911,best 1911 handgun 2022,1911 handgun,top 1911 handguns,top 1911 pistols,1911 9mm,1911 9mm pistol,1911 45 vs 9mm,best 1911 pistol 2022,1911 review,1911 pistol history,Colt,m1911 pistol,kimber 1911,colt 1911 history,when was the 1911 invented,best 1911 guns,best year colt 1911,1911 pistol calibers
********************************************************************
►Disclaimer◄
Some of the footage used in this video is not original content produced by ClickClack. Portions of stock footage of products was gathered from multiple sources including, manufactures, fellow creators and various other sources. If something belongs to you, and you want it to be removed, please do not hesitate to contact us at clickclack.offical[at]gmail.com
Thumbnail credit: nighthawkcustom.com

1. Peter Jackson on January 4, 2023 at 12:50 am

Something made in 1911 saw two world wars? Who would have imagined…

2. Eulogio on January 4, 2023 at 12:50 am

La obra maestra de John moses browning .saludos desde España

3. B63 on January 4, 2023 at 12:51 am

I have a Colt series 70 1911 in .45acp i bought brand new in 1980 and still carry to this day. The great Jeff Cooper once said, "If you are going to fight and you want to win this is the gun to carry"

4. Patrick Pedigo on January 4, 2023 at 12:51 am

Love my 1911. Rock Island xtm 22. Nice shooting pistol

5. bigc on January 4, 2023 at 12:56 am

I knew.
    I want my money back! 😂 Here’s 1- 45cal. USMC loved it; shoot through 7 heads lined up. I’m old now, so I might be of a head or 3.

6. Shane Reno on January 4, 2023 at 12:58 am

You forgot Wilson.

7. Clyde Marshall on January 4, 2023 at 12:58 am

The opposition to a state firearm is stupid.

8. John Temple on January 4, 2023 at 12:59 am

excellent just warms my gun heart

9. jmpoulsen1 on January 4, 2023 at 1:00 am

Isn’t it arrogant to assume we don’t know?

10. Peace Again on January 4, 2023 at 1:04 am

Got my first colt when I was 21. It’s 45 years old and works as good now as the day I bought it for 105 dollars.

11. Andrew Hartman Gunsmith on January 4, 2023 at 1:04 am

It’s 111 years old now. That’s a huge task!

12. GHOST on January 4, 2023 at 1:05 am

Bruh you forgot wilson combat

13. 69SHOVLHED on January 4, 2023 at 1:06 am

lame video. nothing new here

14. Cnthib57 on January 4, 2023 at 1:06 am

We still had the 1911’s in 1990 in the Army, carried it in Desert Storm. Was a M.P., finally was replaced in late 91 with the new 9mm.

15. Adam De Larozza on January 4, 2023 at 1:06 am

If you have Japanese and or German soldiers charging in at you and you stop them with your 1911 pistol, chambered in 45 Cal and this is done by many Officers, Commanders and infantry men; then Hell yes the 1911 Did win Two World Wars!🤠

16. Vasan Siva on January 4, 2023 at 1:09 am

Wilson combat 1911 are on of the best.

17. Clyde Marshall on January 4, 2023 at 1:12 am

The sole fact I didn’t know what’s that the 1911 is the Utah state pistol.

18. Seth Oswald on January 4, 2023 at 1:12 am

badass video

19. cornelius manns on January 4, 2023 at 1:13 am

CLIP THE END TROUBLE COME LOUST YOU CAN NOT GET THE NEW CLIP.

20. WholeCosmos on January 4, 2023 at 1:14 am

1911 is a legend yes but not all triggers of the 1911 are the same as they say at the very end. some 1911 triggers operate a firing pin block in the slide and some don’t. Also a smith who knows what surfaces to hone will change the break force and smothness of the trigger.

21. Byron Leatham on January 4, 2023 at 1:15 am

Yeah I’ve watched the government do a lot of stupid s*** like going from a 45 1911 to a Beretta 9 that was stupid they also introduced the M16 for free at home with lightweight bullets at high speeds drop water a leaf and make it go off Target the m1 garand was heavier and so is the ammunition but the bullets went straight and they killed when they hit

22. James Sutherland on January 4, 2023 at 1:15 am

Kinda why I have 3

23. John Barton on January 4, 2023 at 1:21 am

Gave up watching due to the terrible narrative style and poor English 😂
    Oh, and the minor fact that the 1911 was introduced AFTER the Philippine campaign. D’oh!

24. Eddie Little Bear on January 4, 2023 at 1:22 am

I have a friend who claims his Glock is superior because it has a high capacity magazine. My Rock Island Armory, Mil Spec, M1911 can put all 7 in the 10 ring every time. Who needs high capacity when you have high accuracy. Besides, if high capacity ever becomes all that important, I know where I can get a 50 round drum mag for my 1911. But that would make concealed carry a little problematic.

25. Doug Dicken on January 4, 2023 at 1:23 am

This guys voice sucks dude

26. kicknsystm on January 4, 2023 at 1:23 am

I fell in love with one particular version "saw the read up in a magazine" long before I was able, or even legal to buy it. I stumbled upon a used one in a pawn shop about 30 years ago & it happens to be the only one I’ve ever purchased. Safari Arms Match Master. I love it!

27. MarshalOfOd on January 4, 2023 at 1:24 am

EVERY last one of these "facts"are known by ANYONE that knows ANYTHING about firearms, not just people like me that often carry a 1911 style pistol. Plus, the fact that the narrator gets things wrong, leads me to believe they have never even seen a 1911 in person, nor do they actually know much about gun history, let alone 1911 history.

All hail John Moses Browning’s greatest design!!

28. mark shean on January 4, 2023 at 1:25 am

My wife bought me a Springfield 1911 Government model in 1989 for a birthday gift, one of the best birthdays ever! Cocked and locked!

29. Fang Slaughter on January 4, 2023 at 1:25 am

Not to brag, but I was qualified as expert on the Navy Colt, in the early 80s
    It was the sidearm of the Canadian Armed forces. In 9mm

30. Mike Droz on January 4, 2023 at 1:27 am

I understand it’s history. But I kinda feel like there’s no reason to own one when the Beretta 92 is an option. Heck, go with the 96′ and get a 357 sig conversion barrel 😁

31. Jacob Mowrer on January 4, 2023 at 1:28 am

colt never owned the patent on the 1911, Browning leased it to them , and also Browning developed the .45acp for colt , you need to do a bit more research.

also Browning made 10 hammerless 1911 pistols , there is only 1 know in existence, it’s in his museum in Ogden Utah

32. Jim Hovater on January 4, 2023 at 1:29 am

The 1911 contains all of the ‘tools’ among it’s own parts, necessary for a full disassembly.

33. Wesley Pepple on January 4, 2023 at 1:32 am

I beg to differ,I’m a 30 yr retired Marine scout sniper and I know everything you are talking about

34. Jarod Crazy Indian on January 4, 2023 at 1:32 am

My first love as far as pistols ❤️🌹❤️

35. Chuck on January 4, 2023 at 1:35 am

Still waiting to hear something that I didn’t know. Click bait.

36. Anthony K Byars on January 4, 2023 at 1:35 am

One day, I will own my own 1911. I have the ammo for it. Just not the firearm.

37. Bryan R. on January 4, 2023 at 1:36 am

Exactly which one of these facts did you think we didn’t all know?

38. Andrew Hartman Gunsmith on January 4, 2023 at 1:37 am

You’re right. Any pistol would not make any difference. It’s the machine guns, the tanks, and jets equipped with mod Gatlings and bombs, and the Navy. And of course the two Atom Bombs! Pistol might contribute upto 2 or 3% max imo.

39. Per Nykvist on January 4, 2023 at 1:37 am

40cal is stronger have i heard!?

40. Creve Couer on January 4, 2023 at 1:37 am

I love the 1911 45 Acp . Period. But the question I always wondered about is do you love the 1911 pistol? Or is it really the 45 Acp caliber bullet? Anyone have any ideas?

41. Mike Stewart on January 4, 2023 at 1:38 am

I bought the S&W version in Stainless about a year ago. Brought it home, put it in the safe and have never fired it. I’ll get around to it.

42. Rodney Koch on January 4, 2023 at 1:38 am

5:05 Nice "1911" CO2 BB Gun

43. FoE Dekker on January 4, 2023 at 1:43 am

5:05 I didn’t know John Browning developed BB guns.

44. Michael Miller on January 4, 2023 at 1:43 am

I really had a problem watching this with that voice I made it about halfway through because I was interested to see if there was something about the 1911 I didn’t know. I just couldn’t do it.

45. Ms. Ann Thrope on January 4, 2023 at 1:44 am

John Moses Browning was born in Ogden, Utah, and created many of his firearms in his farm. I just went to thr Browning Musem in the combined Browning and Raroad museum in Ogden’s Union Train Station.

46. Steven Jaynes on January 4, 2023 at 1:46 am

Anyone else spot the .177 cal airgun replica in the photos?

47. The Skooma Cat on January 4, 2023 at 1:46 am

The choice of gun of Joshua Graham

48. John Mohan Music on January 4, 2023 at 1:47 am

I knew five out of the six things the creator of this stated I didn’t know (I didn’t know the bit about the state of Utah). Actually, I "only" know four out of the six, no, make that just three out of the six. Because the creator of this video was WRONG about two of his claims. The Philippine – American war took place about ten years before the 1911 existed (and was responsible for the Army moving from .38 to back to .45 ammunition). And though 7 round magazines were the original size, the vast majority of 1911 pistols used today are equipped with flush fitting 8 round magazines which have been made possible because of improvements in metallurgy. I think my performance here is probably approximately the same for everyone watching this. Which makes the creator of this content a presumptuous (and uninformed) dummy. If that sounds harsh, too bad. I’m sure I’m not the only one tired of click bait titles that insult viewers’ levels of knowledge and are usually followed by ignorantly false claims in the video itself.

49. cac bishop on January 4, 2023 at 1:48 am

I can’t tell if this is a really good text to speech voice, or if it is a guy that talks like chills (Burger King foot lettuce guy)

50. Jarod Crazy Indian on January 4, 2023 at 1:48 am