A second look at the Smith and Wesson OTF – Why is this knife my most popular video?

I have been taking a look at my YouTube analytics, and my video from 2018 on the S&W M&P OTF is by FAR my most watched video. Did I miss something about the knife the first time around? Time to take a second look at this 10th generation OTF knife from Smith and Wesson. This time in Flat Dark Earth FDE.

Something I will mention that I did not in the video – if you are left handed, this OTF will be hard to open, as your hand hit the lever on the track, and can prevent the blade from opening fully. You can train around it, but it isn’t ideal. Sorry Leftys!

#OTF

5:20 Comparison – Kershaw Blur
5:50 Comparison – Microtech Mini Troodon
6:29 Why so popular? Reason 1
7:25 Why so popular? Reason 2
8:57 Outro

1. Weimaraner on October 18, 2022 at 9:02 pm

That retraction device should not be there! If I were left handed, or needed to open in my non- dominant hand, the blade may not deploy. The version I bought has a faux edge on one side. You described it well. This knife is garbage.

2. Ny So on October 18, 2022 at 9:06 pm

Có bán hàng không vậy sop

3. Jason Smith on October 18, 2022 at 9:06 pm

Love the ltt deskpad

4. Josh Thompson on October 18, 2022 at 9:07 pm

Also im pretty sure this knife was made to pair with their firearm the M&P shield

5. MT Long walker on October 18, 2022 at 9:10 pm

Not $40.00. It’s now about $50.00 to $55.00.
    January 2022.

6. Ben on October 18, 2022 at 9:10 pm

I bought this knife because I really wanted an OTF that was legal in my state.

7. Aidian Quinones on October 18, 2022 at 9:10 pm

You should make a video explaining how to rebuild the knife… I can’t figure out how to put it back together

8. BEYOND DIVERSITY INC. on October 18, 2022 at 9:11 pm

I just finished retro fitting a MICROTECH TROODAN DAMASCUS double edge blade into a 2021 Smith& Wesson M&P OTF single action, just like the one in the video, I had previously contacted Smith& Wesson manufacturing, and I told them about my FRANKENSTEIN, and they were VERY INTERESTED!!

9. MrCrawlings on October 18, 2022 at 9:17 pm

I just got one today and its my new favorite figit.

10. Mr.Eggplant on October 18, 2022 at 9:17 pm

It stinks.

11. josh33025 on October 18, 2022 at 9:18 pm

I’m getting a tanto 9th gen, I just like it’s looks better.

12. Torin Hansen on October 18, 2022 at 9:19 pm

7:48 as a Wisconsinite at every fleet farm they have those on the shelf so yes I can confirm

13. Terry Tyrrell on October 18, 2022 at 9:19 pm

They buy it because of the price of an otf that is why it is popular and it is made very well for what it is its tge absolute best value for quality out there

14. Robert Vargas on October 18, 2022 at 9:21 pm

Mine won’t open

15. Matthew Marler on October 18, 2022 at 9:22 pm

60 bucks for mine…was kinda stiff. Squirted some Smith and Wesson rem oil down all the openings. Down the slide. Oil down Anything that breathed. Shook it around. Open and closed for 15 minutes. Paper towel wipe down. Sturdy. Pocket ready. Solid. 60 bucks.

16. John Keck on October 18, 2022 at 9:24 pm

I have the 10th Gen but I has a bayonet style blade. And it’s the dark gray one. Not fde

17. Josh Thompson on October 18, 2022 at 9:35 pm

Never understood why someone would get a single action over a double action. The only reason i would see would be if your not allowed to have a double action

18. D S on October 18, 2022 at 9:40 pm

I just got one that has a false top edge, made 10/21

19. Keith Henke on October 18, 2022 at 9:41 pm

IT IS A PICE OF SHIT DO NOT BUY

20. Alex Vikendi on October 18, 2022 at 9:42 pm

"it’s my most popular video"

Cause we’re all 12yo inside we want to see the blade go "boom it’s out" haha

21. blackarm on October 18, 2022 at 9:45 pm

How strong is deployment will it puncture through water bottle like the halo or heretic hydra just wondering thsnk u

22. Preston Prix on October 18, 2022 at 9:45 pm

I’m one of your subscribers but I think you’re full of s*** on this one. Not everybody can afford to $600 knife. Cuz they have a family responsibilities house mortgage. It doesn’t mean you’re not a knife person. It doesn’t mean they buy it for the name brand either. I think your little biased against Smith & Wesson knives. I own several the spring assist button pushed knives. And they are good quality knives had them for years have no problem with them. They’re reliable. Like I said you’re just a little biased towards them. Maybe you should carry one more often and find out. Maybe just maybe you’ll give a better review with your true opinion instead of something you just opened out of the box and talk about it.

23. Apple Holic on October 18, 2022 at 9:48 pm

I want to purchase but can’t find it. Can you please help ✌🏽️

24. Independent on October 18, 2022 at 9:50 pm

Don’t know why it’s so popular, the damn writing on it is even blurry and is typical inconsistent Taiwanese or China junk if you ask me 💩

25. K O on October 18, 2022 at 9:54 pm

Smith and Wesson should parter with Hogue or a quality knife company like sig did.

26. PowerMadHeadBanger on October 18, 2022 at 9:54 pm

Personally I don’t mind the single action aspect of the knife but I don’t like the safety. This is going to be used primarily by people who are concerned about self defense and that safety means trouble in the worst time. Yeah you could disengage but it can accidentally engage or you could forget the position. Safeties in knives are as bad as safety in firearms.

27. A.G. Wilhelm on October 18, 2022 at 9:56 pm

I’m just spoiled I guess. My double action Benchmade Mini Infidel is great. Forgive me for hating on a single action OTF. However, with the price of my Mini Infidel, not only should it be double action it should take me to dinner.

28. chris Moore on October 18, 2022 at 9:57 pm

coyotetrails
    Is this knife illegal in some states like Washington? Is it a switchblade?

29. Florida Responsible Carry on October 18, 2022 at 9:59 pm

"S&W knives are junk." What? I have about four S&W knives and just purchased the OTF 9B. None of the other S&W knives I have are "junk." They are all durable, reliable and well made. I’ll be carrying the OTF as my EDC knife. Of course, my opinion on S&W knives are just that, my opinion.

30. ProjectBlack on October 18, 2022 at 10:01 pm

Like the video. I have the extreme ops tactical tanto switchblade. Had it for 15 yrs. Its awesome. So i take exception to the notion that *all* their other knives are junk.