Apex Glock Extractor Comparison

Apex Glock Extractor Comparison

I compare the factory Glock LCI “Dip” extractor to a pre-production prototype of the Apex Tactical Glock Extractor. The Apex Glock Extractor was produced to address the erratic ejection on many current production 9mm Glocks. Some guns are not only exhibiting erratic ejection patterns but are also malfunctioning.

This extractor test was originally designed to test the 1911 Extractor. It does not necessarily apply to Glocks directly, but does indicate whether or not the extractor is at its optimal function. Read the blog post at 10-8training.blogspot.com for further information.

1. Jay Aitcheson on December 21, 2022 at 12:51 am

Are you working up a Gen 5 compatible extractor? If so, when will it be available? Thanks

2. hwaya62 on December 21, 2022 at 12:56 am

Nice hat man, I love mine

3. Mike on December 21, 2022 at 12:59 am

Wonderful vid!

4. Anguinus Vir on December 21, 2022 at 1:00 am

both work fine. No point at all. Mall ninja shit.

5. Ghost builder on December 21, 2022 at 1:02 am

This guy is something. Why charge it using the front serration close to the muzzle? No serrations on the back? Looks dangerous but what the hell do I know I’m just a guy using common sense.

6. lethalcross7 on December 21, 2022 at 1:06 am

I have not tried a round with the magazine removed, however my gen 3 g19 has major ejection issues. Up to date no failures however every 4 out of every 10 rounds the casing hits me somewhere on my body, many hitting my head, neck and face. Sad that apex has to come to the rescue of such a reputable company. Glock trying to take shortcuts.

7. Stephan Mackie on December 21, 2022 at 1:10 am

Hey so why was the original glock extractor bad? Never seen one fail unless people are throwing a round in the chamber by hand and having it push past extractor to get grip on the case vs sliding up underneath as from a mag. I want to order one but not sure if I’ll see any difference in the case being thrown. I was hoping to see that here and I did not.

8. ybrik5 on December 21, 2022 at 1:13 am

Does it have white sound defence HRED coupled with apex extractor?

9. Hector Riquelme on December 21, 2022 at 1:17 am

bought an apex now my gun stove pipes ????????????????????????????????

10. Boomer Guy on December 21, 2022 at 1:17 am

My Glock 17 Gen3 consistently sent empties all over the place like fireworks. I tried the empty magazine well experiment, firing one shot at a time when I made two improvements. The first one was to replace the 336 ejector with the 30274 ejector. There was no improvement at all. I had empties go onto my head, out the bottom of the magazine well, sometimes to the right and even stovepipe. The second experiment was to replace my "dipped" extractor with the Apex. There was a vast improvement.Out of the first 100 rounds, about 10 went to the top of my head and about 5 went to the bottom of my magazine well. The rest all fired to the right like they were supposed to. Bottom line: Apex improvement is not perfect but it is much, much better than before. I recommend it.

11. dollphinspirit on December 21, 2022 at 1:19 am

Are you wearing hearing protection?

12. youtube commentator on December 21, 2022 at 1:21 am

Imagine when people will be searching for areas like this to mine for lead

13. TotTotMunt on December 21, 2022 at 1:23 am

What exactly is different about this extractor vs the stock extractor?

14. Christopher Grillo on December 21, 2022 at 1:26 am

Shit dude you should get commission on these things the video was so good,

15. Curtis Jackson on December 21, 2022 at 1:29 am

I thought my gen 3 glock was messed up after trying this. The casing wouldn’t eject consistently. Or it would fall out of the magwell or stovepipe.

16. Libertarian Neighbor on December 21, 2022 at 1:37 am

What ear pro is that you’re wearing? Looks really lightweight and low profile.

17. Brocked and Loaded on December 21, 2022 at 1:43 am

I’m not even sure what I’m watching. What’s the point? And watch yourself when you charge the the weapon man. Definitely not a recommended way to charge a pistol. What’s wrong with charging it from the back? A guy at a local range shot himself in the hand doing exactly what you’re doing but with poor trigger discipline.