AR-15 Drop-In vs Assembled Trigger (& How To Install)

AR-15 Drop-In vs Assembled Trigger (& How To Install)

Looking for a product featured in this video? YouTube prevents us from posting links. Head over to our website to find what you’re looking for.

Check out our second channel Outside The Warehouse: youtube.com/channel/UCE_ApAA6PIY59E6IDK-PBVg

Facebook – https://facebook.com/ClassicFirearm
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/classicfirearms/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/ClassicFirearm

Intro Song: “Issa Trap” by Mikey Geiger

1. Jonathan Krum on November 22, 2022 at 9:47 pm

Elf triggers are amazing! Adjustable. Some polishing with 5000 grit sandpaper. A magnifying glass to make sure edges are straight. Absolutely amazing!

2. Jr on November 22, 2022 at 9:48 pm

What shot gun is that on the left?!

3. Chad S. Brown on November 22, 2022 at 9:48 pm

DrOp In TrIgGeRs ArEn’T rElIaBlE

4. Matthew Leavitt on November 22, 2022 at 9:49 pm

Sucked…was wanting to be shown how to assemble it..not a bunch of useless info

5. Rc Car Addict on November 22, 2022 at 9:49 pm

“ It’s not Katie back there with a frying pan 🍳 and a hammer 🔨 “ 🤔🤔😝😝🤷‍♂️

6. machismojoe on November 22, 2022 at 9:50 pm

Thank you for finally saying what your extended mag release is. I’ve been curious for over a year now. As far as triggers go, most of mine are mil spec, but I pick up an Echo. Waiting for warmer weather to try it out. Is it normal for the Fostech Echo to not be at 90 degree increments?

7. S leigh on November 22, 2022 at 9:51 pm

Not to be a huge dick ,but if you can’t put in a trigger you shouldn’t even try to pin a lower and upper together ..its pretty basic

8. Reuben Oaks on November 22, 2022 at 9:52 pm

I prefer using CMC drop in triggers, I do have an AR set up with a Geissele SSA-E trigger that is nice but I still prefer CMC.

9. Rc Car Addict on November 22, 2022 at 9:54 pm

From reading all the comments , Larue best for the price and reliable , cmc for drop in , Geissele if you want to drop more coin and have reliability. There you go summed up all the comments in 1 😂

10. Lawrence Holman Jr. on November 22, 2022 at 9:54 pm

I like the kits. There’s so much you can do to get a much better custom feel that fits you. I also use adjustable grip screws, JP springs, and I do a light polishing for that smoother custom feel. I do believe you need a good hammer that will last longer than most cheaper kits come with.

11. Guns and Grenache on November 22, 2022 at 9:56 pm

Love the crisp break and short reset of the CMC single stage drop in.

12. Trevor De La Rosa on November 22, 2022 at 9:58 pm

I went with the Geissele SD-C bc of how great the reviews were on it and it has not disappointed

13. Coppertop V on November 22, 2022 at 10:00 pm

Non Chlorine Brake cleaner.. spray the inside of the lower, use an air gun..
    The brake cleaner with also "strip" the Oil..
    I dont take the lower parts out and Clean the inside.

14. S leigh on November 22, 2022 at 10:01 pm

Think any solid company sells most of there drop ins with anti walk pins ..I know rise has offered them for years .. So its not like that’s the first Company to add anti walk pins or a slave pin

15. jason on November 22, 2022 at 10:02 pm

Larue. No drop in triggers in my AR’s

16. Antonio Torres on November 22, 2022 at 10:05 pm

NICE WATCH BRO

17. Coppertop V on November 22, 2022 at 10:05 pm

I’ve only used Mil Spec.
    Yes I have had to do a little Dremel buffer work on a couple but mil spec, cheap, functional, military type, normally its just installed and leave it alone. Seems good enough.. and I have used the M16A2 & M4 seems similar in feel, I don’t like light triggers.

18. jim B on November 22, 2022 at 10:06 pm

Very cool video, isn’t this the second time you mentioned Kaydi and the frying pan.

19. Aerys Roy on November 22, 2022 at 10:06 pm

I have anti walk pins in every AR I have.. less headache & worry drop in or milspec I never worry about anything walking out besides my gf

20. Tazer Face on November 22, 2022 at 10:06 pm

Geissele > everything

21. Cody Seals on November 22, 2022 at 10:06 pm

My drop in I have has like a 3 lb pull and what seems like no reset lol. I move my finger like 1/8" max for reset.

22. Ben Nickerson on November 22, 2022 at 10:07 pm

Giessle triggers are the jam. SSA 2 stage is pretty hard to beat

23. Sim ulation 7 on November 22, 2022 at 10:09 pm

@classic firearms hi Morgan what is the the best bang for the buck on a binary triger for my cmmg banshee mkgs.

24. Lenny S on November 22, 2022 at 10:10 pm

My god drop in triggers save me from killing myself literally and figuratively.

25. shane baker on November 22, 2022 at 10:10 pm

Once again very informative! Thank you!

26. Scott Oliver on November 22, 2022 at 10:10 pm

Would you say the brigade is trigger reliable???

27. Granite scat on November 22, 2022 at 10:11 pm

Anti walk pins are a must

28. dbmail545 on November 22, 2022 at 10:12 pm

Normally disrespect modular triggers to the max in guns that weren’t designed for them. FCG’s are pretty easy on SemiAutoBattleRifleReplicas, but I am running a KE that lets you put the safety on with a dropped hammer.

29. Mark Hansen on November 22, 2022 at 10:12 pm

If you plan to use 22lr upper or a cmmg 22lr bolt carrier group the kit trigger is the best choice because it strikes harder typically and you can clean every part because they are all separate. Seeing that 1000 rounds of .556 is a pot of gold and all…

30. starhawke380 on November 22, 2022 at 10:13 pm

Glad I got to watch this before it gets removed by the government for showing how to install parts into a firearm…

31. Inn0c3ntbylaw on November 22, 2022 at 10:15 pm

I have only used kit triggers, but I used the larue tactical mbt 2 stage trigger in my ar10 and it is excellent. I am liking it much more than my other kit triggers by a long shot.

32. Nick Bloodsworth on November 22, 2022 at 10:15 pm

Cassette triggers are trash. Assembled all the way. Geissele preferably

33. Matthew Graham on November 22, 2022 at 10:17 pm

1m

34. NationalRaifuAssociation on November 22, 2022 at 10:17 pm

I have a CMC single stage, and I like it, but with my soon to be switch to a 2 stage it’ll be an SSA.
    I really like drop ins for 79% lowers, or any lower of questionable spec. Since its self contained any out of spec holes wont really matter.

35. Jonathan Goodwin on November 22, 2022 at 10:20 pm

Thanks Clint you’re very helpful man I appreciate you 🙏

36. Gun Got Damn Freedom on November 22, 2022 at 10:20 pm

Fostech have manufacturer echo triggers boiiiiii lol

37. hurricane0460 on November 22, 2022 at 10:22 pm

ALG Act trigger is what I have installed in my Aero Lower. Couldn’t be any happier with it. Topped off with a complete Luthe upper.

38. Wes Foshee on November 22, 2022 at 10:26 pm

1M
    Great video, thanks!

39. Chase on November 22, 2022 at 10:26 pm

I’m doing my first build and have a question probably dumb but need to know anyways lol. Do all drop ins work for pistol builds? I seen some that say they dont work with rifle builds so curious if there some u can use in pistols?? Ty

40. CanadianMike on November 22, 2022 at 10:29 pm

1M – what’s for free!? 😅
    Love u guys and gals
    Stay free Amaerica!

41. Gary johns on November 22, 2022 at 10:32 pm

2.5 lbCMC flat 129.99 on sale,,,, oh by the geissle triggers are way overrated,,, fanboy triggers

42. JD Ard on November 22, 2022 at 10:32 pm

My thoughts: for an AR 9 (blow back) the mill spec is the way to go. 0 soft strikes and it will take the abuse. Not so sure about the drop-in’s.

43. Black Rifles Matter on November 22, 2022 at 10:32 pm

I’m the same with the kit triggers. I enjoy doing the assembly. I just get a lighter springer kit

44. Kenneth Harris on November 22, 2022 at 10:34 pm

Best bang for your buck… Larue MBT2S… hands down!!!

45. Sean G on November 22, 2022 at 10:35 pm

The kit triggers are usually more reliable and last longer. I’ve used both and still have a cmc and triggertech and they’re phenomenal but I don’t see how they’d outperform a kit trigger in the long run even if it’s not as smooth. Also, if a spring wears out, you can easily change them out with a kit trigger

46. the_bearded_hobdy on November 22, 2022 at 10:37 pm

Clint… I know you run the SSP but any major difference between it and SD-3G besides 3G not being a true single stage? I have never ran, nor paid attention to Geissele triggers because I don’t like two stage triggers.
    However, I’m in the market for a new trigger and came across the SSP but noticed several people say they are similar to 3G. Thoughts? Much appreciated 🤘🏼

47. Danny Masas on November 22, 2022 at 10:40 pm

What’s a low lbs. trigger you suggest? Not drop in. Love the vids.

48. Jonathan Krum on November 22, 2022 at 10:43 pm

Elf also makes anti drift pins that also work amazing! The elf pins don’t have threads and look amazing as well.

49. ChristianAmerican Constitutionalist3192 on November 22, 2022 at 10:44 pm

I Currently Have The HiperFire HG Single Stage Trigger In My AR-15.

The HiperFire HG Single Stage Trigger Has A 4.5 To 5 Pound Trigger Pull With A Very Short Reset.

The Original Trigger Was A Standard Mil-Spec Trigger With A Pull Weight Of 7 To 8 Pounds.

Rapid Firing And Double Tapping Is Both Easier And Quicker With A Lighter Trigger Pull And Shorter Reset.

50. naturallite71 on November 22, 2022 at 10:45 pm

Velocity trigger in 3lb is what I went with.