AR Drop In Triggers: CMC vs Velocity

AR Drop In Triggers: CMC vs Velocity

You finally built or bought your first AR, or maybe it’s your 4th or 50th, but you really want to improve your shooting with it. Maybe you’ve decided to start hunting or do competitive shooting but you suddenly realize that the Mil-Spec trigger in your MSR just does not work well. What do you do now? You could mess with replacing springs or trying to polish parts, but that does not always work out so well. I recommend bypassing all the fuss and going with a drop in AR trigger.

1. FLAMEROCKSHARD on January 25, 2023 at 1:38 am

Do you use the serrated shoe, or the smooth w/radius?

2. mainfram2003 on January 25, 2023 at 1:43 am

My cmc came apart in my ar 15 garbage trigger.

3. NuffxSaid on January 25, 2023 at 1:44 am

love the MPC!

4. Drew S. on January 25, 2023 at 1:45 am

Looks like a lot of bells and whistles. CmC is still top tier. And trusted in the field.

5. Todd Salvati on January 25, 2023 at 1:51 am

I highly recommend this trigger, I just had the serrated 3lb version with the finger stop installed this week, and shot it for the first time today…WOW what a massive difference between it and the stock mil spec trigger, just night and day.

6. Mario on January 25, 2023 at 1:52 am

I have been debating from CMC to velocity for the past week. I went with a 4Ib velocity. Barley going to put a new trigger in for my first AR I got last year.

7. aaront100r on January 25, 2023 at 1:54 am

I have 2 MPC’s. One in a S&W M&P15 and the other in an Aero Precision M4E1. Zero takeup, crisp break, and quick reset. Velocity triggers are easily one of the best value per dollar parts in the AR market

8. Marcel Autry on January 25, 2023 at 1:55 am

DO NOT GET CMC! CMC is not a good trigger company. I put less than 1k rounds through my AR15 before I started having serious malfunctions. As in, round not ejecting properly, double feeds, stove pipes, & last but not least, firing full auto. I mentioned to someone that I installed a drop in trigger & he told me it’s probably the trigger.
    Sure enough, I took my rifle apart & found erosion on the disconnector where it meets the hook of the hammer. Now my rifle is sitting in pieces until I get a velocity trigger.

9. Tripplebeards on January 25, 2023 at 1:59 am

I sent back 3 cmc 2.5 pound single stage triggers. They all had travel. CMC blamed them on a loose fit so I tried the triggers out of my lower. They all had travel. Bad design imo. To be fair my AR timney has travel as well.

10. Mark Morales on January 25, 2023 at 2:03 am

Got the Velocity 3.5 curved triger. Very crisp great feel. Definitely want CMC to compare but so far Velocity is great!!

11. Darthvader Williamson on January 25, 2023 at 2:03 am

Just bought a Velocity Trigger today at a gun show. Easy installation and seems like a well put together product. Going to put it through its paces tomorrow.

12. Kevin Borchert on January 25, 2023 at 2:07 am

Velocity triggers are a big rip off! Their customer service is pathetic. I purchased a 4lb steel trigger from them and it was defective out of the package. The trigger would fire one round when the trigger was depressed and one round when the trigger was released. I was told by Tom to torque the installation screws and that would solve my issue. I did so and guess what, my problem did not resolve itself. I attempted calling and emailing velocity just to get the run around. This company did not stand behind their product. I can assure you that no one else in my club will waste their time or money on a velocity trigger. Poor customer service.

13. Vintage Guns & Stuff on January 25, 2023 at 2:11 am

CMC for me..

14. Mojo jojo on January 25, 2023 at 2:12 am

Dont really know why people keep spending $200-$250 for Geissele that arent even drop in triggers when you can get these for half the price, easier installation and good quality?
    I guess fan boys are ALWAYS going to buy only whatever the military uses…Colt, FN, Knights, Geissele..etc as if nothing else is any good

15. Jason Mantovani on January 25, 2023 at 2:13 am

I just got the flat 2,5 pound cmc trigger. Im going to keep my bad leaver on. Some people say you can’t but a friend of mine has the 2,5 cmc with the bad leaver and has no issues. What is you’re take on that

16. MannyScoots (CONSPIRANOID) on January 25, 2023 at 2:13 am

I got an MPC (4 LB) straight with finger stop and added the serrated flat face….With shipping and taxes it came out to $210.00 and yes…I am in love shooting AR 7.62×39

17. Roger l on January 25, 2023 at 2:14 am

Where is the cheapest to find on velocity?

18. tengu190 on January 25, 2023 at 2:15 am

How would the Super Tricon trigger compare?

19. GA gunshooting on January 25, 2023 at 2:17 am

Great information…I have a CMC in one of my AR’s. Feel free to send me that CMC when you replace it 😜

20. B- RC on January 25, 2023 at 2:17 am

Hiperfire is by far better than the cmc. Havent tried the velocity though.

21. Resz Head on January 25, 2023 at 2:17 am

I have 3 cmc triggers, and they have all had to go back for one reason or another. I’ve been looking for something a little better built. My next purchase will be velocity, I’m going to use them for my banshee 5.7

22. BigBlueMSP on January 25, 2023 at 2:18 am

CMC has had some quality control issues the past few years. That’s one reason Lantac stopped using them to make their ECT-1 Trigger. Rise Armament is making that trigger for Lantac now.

23. woknded fan on January 25, 2023 at 2:20 am

Yup, imma Velocity Triggers guy.

24. Guns and Grenache on January 25, 2023 at 2:20 am

Love my CMC flat single stage 3.5lb pull

25. Brent Lesley on January 25, 2023 at 2:21 am

I’ve got 3 AR’s that have Velocity 3.5 flat triggers, absolutely love them

26. Doctor Cropse on January 25, 2023 at 2:22 am

Can you replace the trigger springs in these trigger designs?

27. Christian Gonzalez on January 25, 2023 at 2:23 am

You can’t beat the price and quality with Velocity. It’s all I use now.

28. steven on January 25, 2023 at 2:24 am

Over priced crap !!!

29. USARMYvietnamVET1969 on January 25, 2023 at 2:25 am

I installed a CMC drop in two stage trigger in my AR 6.8 SPC Hunting Rifle about 12 years ago and have absolutely no complaints.. I do however enjoy hearing about all devices out there on the market…enjoyed the video…

30. Luis Bermudez on January 25, 2023 at 2:26 am

What optic/mount is that at 05:19 ?

31. WhiskeyTango Sierra on January 25, 2023 at 2:26 am

Now running Velocity and let some friends shoot it. So they instantly sold several more. Guy in the next bay was running some high dollar trigger and tried mine, I tried his. We agreed the short takeup on the Velocity was superior and pull close enough to make no difference.
    If you have any stroke with Velocity, the Tavor SAR platform needs their touch and I’ll volunteer to test them.

32. Velocity Precision on January 25, 2023 at 2:27 am

Great video!

33. Karl White on January 25, 2023 at 2:27 am

Love my Velocity Triggers. About to buy my 3rd for my upcoming Aero EPC9 build. Never owned a Geissele but shot a few. I could be a little bias but I prefer Velocity over Geissele. Not that it matters that much but I also think they are the best looking triggers on the market too.

34. caffiris._ on January 25, 2023 at 2:28 am

If you’re a Black Rifle Coffee Club member you get the 25% off CMC triggers directly from their website. Coupon never expires either. I had a Velocity trigger on order from Brownells but it’s been backorder for 3 months now but a heckuva deal.

35. deadhorse on January 25, 2023 at 2:34 am

Why did lantac quit using CMC triggers and start using Rise to make all their triggers? I have had no issues with my cmc’s timneys or even a cheap JMT

36. Todd Parsons on January 25, 2023 at 2:35 am

Really like my Velocity triggers.