Are Turkish Guns As Bad As People Think?

Are Turkish Guns As Bad As People Think?

Hello and welcome to The Shooting Channel!

In every one of our videos, you’ll see us wearing the top of the range electronic ear defence from our partner, SWATCOM. These ear defenders are essential for protecting our hearing on the range and we highly recommend them for any shooting enthusiast.

For a limited time only, you can get 10% OFF on SWATCOM’s website using the discount code “TSC10”. Just visit www.swatcom.com and enter the code at checkout to take advantage of this great deal.

Don’t forget to check out our website, www.theshootingchannel.co.uk, for all of your shooting-related merchandise needs. And be sure to follow us on Instagram @theshootingchannel for updates and behind-the-scenes content.

If you have any questions regarding the equipment we use, advertising opportunities, or anything else, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at contactus@theshootingchannel.co.uk. We’re always happy to help.

If you want even more exclusive content, consider subscribing to our YouTube memberships using the link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLiDtWlCiii8B8uKql1ggWg/join. You’ll get access to bloopers and other exclusive content that you won’t find anywhere else.

Thank you for watching!

1. Greg Azzopardi on January 4, 2023 at 1:01 am

Greg Azzopardi- Melbourne- Australia
    Most informative/objective and clear about the Plus and Minus of features and benefits and Budget. I have been looking at them to get a handle on what you provide in your Video. I may look out for an opportune purchase from someone who is not a committed shooter or upgrading. Thanks again

2. Bobby Lee on January 4, 2023 at 1:02 am

6:30 That’s the one for me.🤣

3. Marcos & Vania Mendes on January 4, 2023 at 1:05 am

I have the Yildiz HPS 12ga in US, and has been very reliable for trap and skeet. Very good gun for the money ( $550 ) in Florida / Academy _ USA. Also have a CZ Redhead Premier 12ga ( HUGLU ) excellent gun for skeet and trap. Booth Turkish guns, and very reliable. If you will shoot around 300 clays a month, these are an good opinions for starters. 30 years ago I was in the national time of my country for international skeet, then you need a gun that can resist minimum 1000 shots a week … this is another level, not for a recreational or regular club shooter.

4. Greg Sheppard on January 4, 2023 at 1:07 am

My turkish investment is Yildiz in 28 bore. Fun gun and using as entry into smaller bore as I am getting older. Few other makes but limited selection here in the US.

5. Irinel Menghita on January 4, 2023 at 1:08 am

Bună seara cât costă o armă cal 12 de la ATA arms?

6. Waranle on January 4, 2023 at 1:09 am

They hate Turkish products for political reasons nothing more

7. Robert CROSS on January 4, 2023 at 1:11 am

Arms of any description are what are destroying this earth for us. I wish you gun nuts would just stand back and think about what you are doing.

8. black5f on January 4, 2023 at 1:12 am

I have a Hatsan pump. Not sure I would actually get a semi version? Under the skin it’s lot less well finished than my Berretta, which was 1300. But it was 300 quid new (a few years ago) with 5 chokes and great fun to play with. Very rugged reliable and cheap.

9. Koray Duru on January 4, 2023 at 1:14 am

Ata sp silver 370 euro,Ata superıor2 533euro in Türkiye.. ıt,s absoluty fucking coast/perform giant !!

10. MurderGlassesTV on January 4, 2023 at 1:14 am

Grew up trap shooting with Remington 870’s and 1930 Ithacas then went on a shoot at a private course using Beretta silver pigeons. Went out a week later and purchased a Yildiz for around $600 US and have absolutely loved every minute of shooting it. It’s brilliant.

11. CM on January 4, 2023 at 1:16 am

Yes they are bad ….and why do you want to pay money for Turks when they keep threatening the EU every now and then with an avalanche of immigrants ?
    Plus the Turks let through thousands of Isis fighters through the Syrian frontier ?
    And killing the Kurds ? Should we forget about that too ?
    So sure … Go ahead , buy the Turkish crap

12. Bethany Mahon on January 4, 2023 at 1:16 am

David how something on guns for us lady’s I have ata and love it

13. Sheikh Fahad on January 4, 2023 at 1:23 am

Turkish shoots better than browning or any other advertised brands

14. Ed big truck on January 4, 2023 at 1:23 am

I have a couple CZ’s a Sharptail 20ga. And a 28ga. Teal and haven’t had any issues. For the money you don’t mind taking them into field and getting banged around.
    I have more expensive Beretta’s for sporting games. Not for field.

15. Scott Scheuerman on January 4, 2023 at 1:26 am

Never herd of these brands my friend has a tri star which is Turkish made its over under shot gun

16. basshnter1997 on January 4, 2023 at 1:28 am

Why not a semi auto?
    A Franchi affinity is about the same money.
    I dare say far superior in quality and reliability to a budget Yildiz over under.

17. Adam Fooks on January 4, 2023 at 1:31 am

I’ve just traded in a browning 525 for an ATA silver line 2 side plate…….I’m not a beginner or on a particularly tight budget, but the ata silver line just felt ‘right’ for me. For £1200 it’s incredibly well put together and finished. It’s got a seriously nice piece of timber that wouldn’t look out of place on a £6k miroku (I’m a big miroku fan too, so I’m not saying this lightly), wood to metal fit is superb also. For me the ata silver line isn’t a starter gun. It can be…..or it can be a gun you keep and shoot for decades to come. It handles and feels like A LOT of guns from other manufacturers that are twice the money. Overall I’ve been astonished by it and it’s rapidly become my favourite gun……..bear in mind I traded a 525 in for it, and I have a miroku in the gun cabinet, so that is saying something, and to be honest, it’s not something I EVER thought I would say!!!!!

18. 🚌مجنون و کلبه ای روی چرخها سوی کوهستان on January 4, 2023 at 1:32 am

Do act, Sir

19. Jacob Zirkle on January 4, 2023 at 1:32 am

Yildiz needs to get better distribution in America. Academy not supports a portion of the USA.

I can’t get one to save my life.

20. Geoff Hughes on January 4, 2023 at 1:32 am

Next time you do a review my friend could you actually shoot the gun just a thought thumbs up and all that

21. Alfa Male on January 4, 2023 at 1:33 am

Well I love my ATA sp, preferred the feel of it over the yildiz

22. kerm on January 4, 2023 at 1:34 am

What’s your thoughts on the yildiz 20b side/side please?

23. Christopher Arnett on January 4, 2023 at 1:35 am

Rather have a Turkish 12guage Hatsan pump than a made in China any day.

24. Richard Woods on January 4, 2023 at 1:35 am

David. I’ve seen most of your video’s on this channel and really enjoy them, as there are lots of reviews on different guns old and new. However I haven’t seen you do a review on the Beretta DT10, trap or sporting as I have both and would like to hear what you think of this very well built and famous clay gun..

Many Thanks
    Richard

25. richard74200 on January 4, 2023 at 1:37 am

I wish you would mention things like wood to metal fit, finish on the metal/barrels, trigger action. There is so much more to a review than saying something is good or has a higher comb.

26. moody edge on January 4, 2023 at 1:37 am

No, they are worse.

27. Daniel Alfaro on January 4, 2023 at 1:37 am

Nothing at all wrong with Turkish guns. I’ll take my Canik TP9 Elite SC over any carry gun that Glock ever made. My Panzer Arms AR-12 has never had an issue, though admittedly it hasn’t been fired all that much. Just bought a Pointer Acrius and it is beautiful, I have no doubt it will shoot great as well.

28. Antonis Antoniou on January 4, 2023 at 1:38 am

The Russian guns it’s the best

29. Θεοφανης Μελας on January 4, 2023 at 1:38 am

Ας κατασκευασουν οι τουρκοι δικανα αγγλικου τυπου (ολοκληρες φωτιες, διακοσμηση κλπ) και μετα το συζηταμε
    Για 500 η 600 euro διαφορα προτιμω beretta

30. wesley cristman on January 4, 2023 at 1:38 am

I’ve been looking into Panzer Arms bullpup shotguns and have seen nothing but very good reviews. Very compact and looks much better for a close quarters home defense situation than a long expensive Benelli thats going to give my position away as I turn the corner.

31. John McDonald on January 4, 2023 at 1:40 am

I’ve just got my licence for my new ATA Supersport with the adjustable comb. I am a novice shooter with some experience around guns. It is the PERFECT starter gun and I will upgrade in a couple of years once I find my shooting style and what I’m comfortable with. Picking but up this week and am very very excited.

32. Grey wolf on January 4, 2023 at 1:42 am

Your tıtel is wrong or provocative All of the worl Turkish guns known as excellent

33. Asstronauts on January 4, 2023 at 1:42 am

What is required to use those in the UK?

34. Seyfo03 on January 4, 2023 at 1:45 am

Yildiz means STAR for the american brothers <3

35. Mike Blast on January 4, 2023 at 1:45 am

How many times can you say, "high in the comb" in one video????

36. Bill Whatcott on January 4, 2023 at 1:46 am

I purchased a Khan K200. o/u, 12 guage, shotgun. Big gold letters on the barrel "MADE IN TURKEY." What I like about this particular shotgun is it takes 2 3/4, 3 and 3 1/2" shells. The green fiber optic front sight helps with lining things up and is a feature I like. However, the camo coating of the gun may throw you off a little when trying to line up with your skeet traget if that is what you are into. I’ve only owned it a few days now, so I can’t comment on long term reliability. The price of Kahn Arms guns are good. Here in Canada this one can be found at $850 brand new. I note there is very little in the way of reviews for K200 shotguns. I don’t have the competence to do a review, but maybe someone should. They seem to be a popular enough gun out there and for those (unlike me) who don’t own one, but are interested, it would be good if they know the pros and cons of this particular firearm.

37. Melih DENİZCİ on January 4, 2023 at 1:47 am

Hi, hearing that you will make a review about Huğlu is very nice. İ’m Turkish and can not afford the other countries brands other than Turkish brands due to the high price range of export guns in Turkish market. So bought Huğlu O/U. Huğlu is the most experienced and old company in the Turkish makrket. I highly recomand you all to check on it. İt is a gun that you can pass through generations.

38. David on January 4, 2023 at 1:49 am

Thanks… I’ll look into bwettas.👍

39. Billy Jesus on January 4, 2023 at 1:50 am

such a click bait title, Turkish guns are the best value guns you can find. The caniks are insane value. Just like their drones, western quality at chinese prices.

40. Jason Pacheco on January 4, 2023 at 1:51 am

David, I really appreciate your videos not only are they educational, you’ve gone out of your way to make sure all are included. Recently I picked up a 20 gauge by Khan, imported by Mossberg, here in the states. Picked it up on a whim….the gun just plain fit well and I shot well with it on a hare hunt. Initially I was worried about it being a Turkish import; however, your video here has put my mind at ease. I’ll look forward to enjoying it on game and clays this upcoming year. Thanks for the balanced information and not only catering to the high budget guns.

41. Ralph Livingston on January 4, 2023 at 1:51 am

About four years ago I purchased two Dickinson double barrel sets, 410/28, and 28/20. They are quality guns with decent wood and case colored receivers. I’ve had to get used to the double triggers and the splinter forend. The barrels get hot in a round of skeet. I now know why you Brits wear shooting gloves.

42. David urbanowicz on January 4, 2023 at 1:51 am

You can get the ata for 500 new just need to look.

43. Ubirajara Costa on January 4, 2023 at 1:52 am

People think wrong! The Turks are the heirs of the Ottoman Empire. They had the first army to use cannons effectively to take a walled fortress. Remember Constantinople. 😉

44. mehmet ali on January 4, 2023 at 1:52 am

there are great shotguns in turkey. not only those cheap ones. but you can’t simply compete with big wolfs with your quality. First, you have to have a place in the market with your price. this is what Turkish gun producers are doing right now guys.

45. Percival Brooks on January 4, 2023 at 1:53 am

I own a ATA 686b and absolutely love it.

46. Aydin Gultekin on January 4, 2023 at 1:53 am

ATA also makes spare parts for Beretta

47. Moto Mo on January 4, 2023 at 1:54 am

The USA is being flooded with all types of Turkish made shotguns: detachable mag semi-auto, pump action , over/under , single shot and even lever action and revolving cylinder. Many of these companies are of marginal quality and the USA importers are fly by night operations.

48. Alexander Pushkin on January 4, 2023 at 1:54 am

You forgot to mention: which of the two is higher on the comb!

49. perry M on January 4, 2023 at 1:55 am

i have a hp sporter and love it. and laugh when i see the high dollar guns fail… thousands of rounds at skeet/sporting clays and no problem and often out shoot the snobs

50. Inayat Ullah on January 4, 2023 at 1:57 am

turkish guns are verstile guns …the best guns for hunting …i have a kral semiauto amazing to shoot …