Beretta M9/92 G Decocker Only Kit Overview & How To Install It (HD)

Beretta M9/92 G Decocker Only Kit Overview & How To Install It (HD)

I show how to install and go over the new G (decocker only) kit that works with all Beretta 92 and M9 series pistols.

www.Mrgunsngear.com

1776 United Shirts link:

My Forged From Freedom Shirts:
Mr. GunsNGear Collection

www.facebook.com/mrgunsngear

Mrgunsngear patches/stickers: https://patriotpatch.co/collections/mrgunsngear

Instagram.com/seniorgunsngear

www.twitter.com/mrgunsngear

Music by Machinima & Epidemic Sound

Disclaimer: These videos are strictly for educational and entertainment purposes only. Imitation or the use of anything demonstrated in my videos is done AT YOUR OWN RISK. All work on firearms should be carried out by a licensed individual and all state and federal rules apply to such. We (including YouTube) will not be held liable for any injury to yourself or damage to your firearms resulting from attempting anything shown in any our videos. I do not endorse any specific product and this video is not an attempt  to sell you a good or service. I am not a gun shop and DO NOT sell or deal in Firearms. Such a practice is heavily regulated and subject to applicable laws. I DO NOT sell parts, magazines, or firearms. These videos are free to watch and if anyone attempts to charge for this video notify us immediately. By viewing or flagging this video you are acknowledging the above.

Fair Use: In the rare instance I include someone else’s footage it is covered in Fair Use for Documentary and Educational purposes with intention of driving commentary and allowing freedom of speech.

1. Until Valhalla on June 11, 2022 at 7:02 pm

Thanks for the video. Just did my M9. Way better.

2. dwaski1 on June 11, 2022 at 7:02 pm

Just converted my 92X using this excellent video. Thanks so much!

3. ciberyahoonet on June 11, 2022 at 7:05 pm

give me direct buying link from this conversion kit

4. Thomas Carlson on June 11, 2022 at 7:07 pm

Thanks for the video! I just did this to my M9A3 and have a few things to add.
    1) The FDE finish on the M9A3 scratches easily.
    2) Removing the firing pin block first makes it easier. Same size punch as used to remove the pins on the right safety lever.
    3) Turning the safety to 10 o’clock during removal is easier if you use a tiny screwdriver to push down the small (right side) detent. You can get the blade in there by first turning the safety slightly torwards safe/down, then wedging the blade in over the top of the detent. Push it down then rotate the safety the other direction. You can get it past the detent, holding the safety up, then push in the firing pin. Don’t let go of the safety, or it goes back to the small detent. My pistol is very new, so perhaps older or worn pistols don’t need this step. But trying to force the lever up just wasn’t working on mine.
    4) I found that the tiny screwdriver was useful in getting the right safety lever in place over the small detent. That detent is pointed up and forward, and is slightly off center from the safety shaft. That allows the tiny screwdriver (or tiny punch) to push straight in line with the detent while sliding the right lever over the shaft and spring.

I hope my explanation is clear. I didn’t realize how hard it is to describe without pictures or video. Also, it’s a good thing Beretta includes extra detents. I launched one of the large (left side) ones.

5. Wolf Man on June 11, 2022 at 7:07 pm

Thank you just installed one in my m9 what a PITA but it’s done the hardest part was aligning that spring while holding down the detent. Only lost one spring and detent, I had not idea they came with a spear fishing mode.

6. michael baker on June 11, 2022 at 7:08 pm

thanks. this was very helpfull. in my kit beretta sent 2 set of spring and plugers . so that gave me three all together. witch was a good think as when I was put the big one back in. my punch slip and I watch it bounce across the table and on to the floor…lol. love watching your vidio

7. d30gaijin on June 11, 2022 at 7:10 pm

I know it’s been a long while since you posted this video but had to say thank you! It helped me install my own G decocker tonight.

8. Bob Adams on June 11, 2022 at 7:14 pm

Punch broke inside the roller pin location. Got the pin out ok but punch shaft (1/16") is stuck inside pin location. Not enough sticking out to grab. Try to punch from top spins safety. Should I try to heat the slide or the safety lever to loosen the stuck punch??

9. summer roan on June 11, 2022 at 7:14 pm

So that’s never to be in a purse bc it sounds like it can go off easy

10. Steve L on June 11, 2022 at 7:17 pm

Thanks for the tutorial MrG, I wasn’t going to do that one on my own. 👍

11. RazorCustoms on June 11, 2022 at 7:18 pm

For those curious, a 1/16” roll pin punch works perfectly for the two roll pins in the safety.

12. a amaya on June 11, 2022 at 7:19 pm

Thank you for the video. Got my m9 set up thanks to your video. Thankfully I had extra springs and detents had one fly across the room…

13. ghostdog2041 on June 11, 2022 at 7:20 pm

You know what would tickle me pink? I bought a 92X G, and I’d love to see a disassembly video with the G already installed. I’m terrified to take it down without a video.

14. Verticom on June 11, 2022 at 7:21 pm

Ty

15. Amit Kumar on June 11, 2022 at 7:26 pm

Jis Bhai ko without licence ki pistol rifle katta chahie Mujhe Sampark Karen Mera khud ka business hai my WhatsApp number and contact number 7665011472 call me

16. S.T.A.R.S. RPD on June 11, 2022 at 7:27 pm

Found the G conversion kit from beretta on eBay. A minor headache to install but the results are beautiful once you get it done. Thanks your video really help me

17. Jimi M. on June 11, 2022 at 7:28 pm

what size punch did you use

18. randomgamer 9780 on June 11, 2022 at 7:30 pm

The things I do to save a buck. Almost broke off a roll pin punch inside the old safety, lost a spring, didn’t listen and turned the right side counter clockwise, and swore so much my dog ran and hid. But 2 hours later, job complete.

19. rockcrawlindude on June 11, 2022 at 7:31 pm

Thanks. Just got mine in the mail and installed it in my M9A3 with help from your video.

20. L Simpson on June 11, 2022 at 7:32 pm

Are the same levers reused?

21. Aggro'd Kreg on June 11, 2022 at 7:32 pm

The video still works. I just did this for my 92A1, love it.

22. Time To Do Patriot Stuff on June 11, 2022 at 7:32 pm

The one question I have is the decocker you took out is stainless steel is the G decocker Stainless or just plain Steel.

23. SLASHMANISM on June 11, 2022 at 7:32 pm

can someone please explain the reason behind g series and the decocker only, is it simply so you dont accidentally hit the safety because the double action is enough of the safety?

24. Steve Gill on June 11, 2022 at 7:32 pm

Thanks for taking the time to make the video. It was a big help especially since the video Beretta said they had did not have a working link or just was not there. I struggled at bit with this but as you said, the second time would be easy. I only have one 92 though. Do not understand the few thumbs down, you did a good job!

25. Rick Gilbert on June 11, 2022 at 7:32 pm

Will the g model conversion work with the beretta 92fs compact? I wanna change my safety to decocker only?

26. Matt Davis on June 11, 2022 at 7:33 pm

Fantastic video, @mrgunsngear. BTW, it’s MUCH easier to get the right side lever on, and engaging with the tension spring if you set the tension spring on the shaft as is shown in the video, then move the arm that faces you (that inserts into the hole on the lever) just to the right of the plunger hole in the frame. Then, place the spring and plunger into hole on the frame and push the left side lever flush with the frame. Next, depress the plunger with a 1/16" punch, while pushing the right side decocker lever onto the shaft, until it gets past the plunger. Now, remove the punch and set that aside, and carefully rotate the decocker lever slowly in the clockwise direction…it may take a couple of rotations, but you should hear the spring get captured by the hole in the decocker lever. That takes much less effort and it stays in place, from my experience after performing this conversion many times. I hope that all makes sense. I started out playing with the spring, to get it rotated around to the correct orientation, myself, but then discovered this other method by accident and it works great…at least for me.

27. FLGreg63 on June 11, 2022 at 7:33 pm

Excellent instructions. Ordered the upgrade from Beretta on Monday 2/8 and received it today, Friday (2/12). Took me about 20 minutes total gun time after watching the video a few times and referring back to it after each major step. Well done!

28. John Steel on June 11, 2022 at 7:35 pm

Very helpful video. Thanks Mrgunsngear!

29. Dino Liapes on June 11, 2022 at 7:36 pm

Great video. Installed on my 92 AF. Easy as hell thanks to you.

30. Justin Maxwell on June 11, 2022 at 7:36 pm

Just did my 92FS following this video, nicely done! Thanks a bunch!

31. Dodger on June 11, 2022 at 7:37 pm

Nice to see a guy working without gloves on. Most spend more time fighting the obstacles the gloves offer, than those obstacles of the gun!

32. Zeke Massey on June 11, 2022 at 7:40 pm

This is the best tutorial for this .. he’s explains where you put the parts and why you are putting it there

33. Vladpryde on June 11, 2022 at 7:41 pm

LOL, to hell with that, I’m taking mine to a gunsmith.

34. SoS on June 11, 2022 at 7:42 pm

A million thank yous! I lubed things a little before putting back in. Secondly, the spring’s leg on the right side needs to be on the left (looking at the slide horizontal, the detent is around 7:30, the spring’s leg needs to be at 8 o’clock, so later than the detent) and then it can catch into the hole of the right lever. Had to back up a few steps and fix that. I had to get an official name change the M9G! Right on!

35. Nick Bertoli on June 11, 2022 at 7:43 pm

6 years later, followed your instructions and it worked perfectly. Thanks!

36. Dusko Novakovic on June 11, 2022 at 7:44 pm

Thank you!!

37. 3num3r8r on June 11, 2022 at 7:48 pm

Thank you for this video. I was struggling so bad and really fracked up punching out the pins, but eventually got it done with your help. You made it look easy…I have succeeded after much frustration. Thank you!

38. SpadeTrump on June 11, 2022 at 7:49 pm

when installing the Spring. you need to rotate it until it makes a click. that is not in your video. it is in this video. along with much better footage of spring orientation. you only have less than 2 seconds of footage of the spring. the most difficult part. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux4M__sig4g&t=144s

39. Richard Rudolph on June 11, 2022 at 7:49 pm

Very helpful. Withe the aid of your video. I’ve done this with both of my Berettas. Thank you.

40. Ryan Espinoza on June 11, 2022 at 7:49 pm

Boy am I glad the kit comes with 2 sets of every spring. I shot the big plunger and spring across the room and bent the circular spring getting the 2nd big plunger set. But it’s done!

41. Amit Kumar on June 11, 2022 at 7:50 pm

42. davegreenbitch on June 11, 2022 at 7:54 pm

Do the trigger safety hammer components from standard m9 work on the m9a1 compact I still haven’t found a answer on this.

43. Gunner's Guitar on June 11, 2022 at 7:55 pm

Great instructions. Followed right along with you. Thanks buddy!!

44. jcolem55 on June 11, 2022 at 7:56 pm

Just used this video to help me install this kit on a Girsan Regard MC 92/M9 clone and it worked great !! Thanks for all your great content !!

45. Nimbly on June 11, 2022 at 7:56 pm

Ain’t nothin but a G thang.

46. Patrick Mitchell on June 11, 2022 at 7:56 pm

Omg you looked so baby faced back then 😁 lol watching oldies anyways love the beretta even tho it has its haters

47. Eric E on June 11, 2022 at 7:57 pm

I learned by my own mechanical experience it’s easier to put the safety plunger in very first then slide the decocker in the n back it out just enough to put the coil spring in the right side and slide in the right side plunger and spring. And big note you can NOT use the same plunger and springs that came with the old safety, it will cause a occasional and random dead trigger!

48. GGKevin on June 11, 2022 at 7:57 pm

Fun fact: This doesn’t appear to work on Brigadier models. Yeah found that out the hard way. Also found it surprising that this isn’t called out anywhere, not even on Berettas website.

49. Taco cat on June 11, 2022 at 7:57 pm

Thanks for this, but now my Beretta 92 only fires in single action. After decocking, the lever springs back up like it’s supposed to but then the trigger is dead. No double action, trigger acts like the safety is on… but there is no safety! I contacted Beretta, might be awhile for an answer. Anyone here have any idea what happened?

50. randomgamer 9780 on June 11, 2022 at 7:58 pm

Also worth noting to anyone doing this job, even though Beretta’s kit comes with duplicate parts, the plunger (or detent) for the right side comes with 2 different lengths. The 2 larger ones for the left side are identical, but on the right side the 2 are slightly different lengths. So definitely use a bag to catch the old parts so you can match up the old one, or you risk damaging your gun or taking it to a gunsmith half complete.