Beretta Nano Trigger Job Part 1 (updated)

Beretta Nano Trigger Job Part 1 (updated)

How to reduce the weight and length of your beretta nano’s trigger. Be sure to check out part 2. If you have questions feel free to drop a comment.
HERE IS THE PART FROM BROWNELLS:

1. G Yatko on July 24, 2022 at 7:43 pm

Hi, Thanks for all the info. In addition to adding the Galloway mods, I did everything you mentioned. One other thing I noticed was that there was about 3/32" give or take , in trigger pull before the sear actuator arm actually started to rotate the sear. So I drilled a small hole on the top of the plastic trigger where it stopped against the underside of the metal frame. I added a skinny little allen head screw that I shaved back to nearly nothing. I dropped this ~ 6mm long stud into the hole I created. I had also tapped this hole for a 4-40 set screw, but since I’m sheltering in place for hell week of the corona virus , I didn’t do a run to the hardware store for a 12 cent set screw. So I kept shaving the head back on this small allen screw as well as beveled the head because as it set on top of the flat part of the top of the trigger, it rests against the frame at a slight angle. I kept finely filing this top down until the arm from the rigger to the sear was exactly the proper length. Now there is literally NO extra pull before the sear begins to move. If this stop is even a little too high, the gun wont reset. I could tell I was close when I had to gently push the trigger forward a hairwidth, and then it would click to reset. I took off a tiny bit more, and now the moment you begin to pull on the trigger, the sear begins to move. essentially, the trigger starts back about an additional 3/32" from where it did.

2. The Guy From WI on July 24, 2022 at 7:43 pm

yeah ive been extremely happy with the results and have had no issues. I am posting a video of the modifications i made to the trigger frame here in a few minutes. Be sure to check it out!

3. PVN1969 on July 24, 2022 at 7:44 pm

Why did you polish the reset side of the striker instead of the pull side where you have the wear mark?

4. David Atkins on July 24, 2022 at 7:45 pm

I did not have an extra striker so i was a little nervous to do this, but i have no patience, so i decided to do it a little bit then a little bit more and so on till i found where i liked it. (only the striker grinding) I can not believe the difference. Thanks bro. I only brought mine down about maybe 1.5-2 lbs but it feels so much better. And it is SO smooth now. Thanks man, great video

5. Bernardo Michael on July 24, 2022 at 7:46 pm

You need a safety gun check on expansion2 on wickr for any type of stuff for self defense I got mine from there store I really appreciate them..:

6. Blaine Shillington on July 24, 2022 at 7:46 pm

Any problems with light primer strikes after taking away some f the striker travel??

7. dgallow8 on July 24, 2022 at 7:48 pm

This can be done in about a minute with a sanding disc on an angle grinder

8. Digger DanielG on July 24, 2022 at 7:51 pm

Do you realize that a prosecutor will have a field day if you shoot someone. Do not modify a carry gun. It will put you behind bars.

9. randyr55 on July 24, 2022 at 7:56 pm

Instead of shaving the striker, which reduces the amount of rearward striker travel, I cut a couple of coils from the striker spring assembly. It definitely lightened the trigger. Not a huge difference, but noticeable. I’ll let you know how it works out. If it doesn’t work, I have a spare SSA to put back in.

10. Anthony Simon on July 24, 2022 at 7:59 pm

how did you cut the coils? ive had people tell me not to mess with anything. honestly is it that bad to do this mod? i can see if someone doesnt have common sense, but I need to lighten the trigger pull for my girlfriend. Shes going to carry this gun (its her gun).

11. burningcort on July 24, 2022 at 7:59 pm

you said .003" that is the thickness of a piece of paper did you mean .030"? and I wonder how the "shock off" has been effected by removing material from the striker/firing pin

12. The Guy From WI on July 24, 2022 at 8:10 pm

Awesome to hear guys! I’m really glad that your all getting the results your looking for!

13. Brazillian Bully on July 24, 2022 at 8:11 pm

I’m reading 7lbs and 5oz on my lyman trigger pull gauge. (stock) I’ll do the trigger job and see if I can drop a few pounds.

14. molon labe on July 24, 2022 at 8:14 pm

sounds like a great way to ruin your pistol.

15. travis lyle on July 24, 2022 at 8:14 pm

Hey man, check out my video on the nano’s gritty trigger. I did the polish job today and smoothed out most of it, but I think i’ve identified a rough spot that I don’t know how to fix.

16. David Knopke on July 24, 2022 at 8:16 pm

Is there a gunsmith doing trigger jobs on the Nano?

17. Tim Kastelein on July 24, 2022 at 8:17 pm

What a handsome guy!

18. dredre27332 on July 24, 2022 at 8:21 pm

I wouldn’t think the trigger spring is providing that much resistance to be worth trying to "stretch" it. It is so light by itself. The Berreta site says it is suppose to be about a 5.5 lb trigger pull but mine out of the box is at least 9, I am assuming this is typical for all of them?

19. John W on July 24, 2022 at 8:22 pm

Thanks to your 2 videos, I was able to substantially improve the trigger pull on my  Beretta Nano. According to my Lyman trigger pull gauge, it doesn’t seem that the weight was reduced by very much (maybe a lb. or so), but it is noticeably smoother and the trigger break is shorter and cleaner. The whole process was definitely worth doing, IMO. I can probably improve it a tad more by removing just a tiny bit more metal from the striker "tab" followed by additional polishing.
    Thanks again for the tips.

20. The Guy From WI on July 24, 2022 at 8:24 pm

Ill see what I can do to get a video up for you showing more detail. It’s hard because I am limited to using my iPhone camera and the quality is not the greatest.

21. DrivinDave on July 24, 2022 at 8:27 pm

I just received a back up striker so I can do this for my wife’s Nano in hope of reducing the trigger travel as breaks so far back in the pull. I would love to see a close up of your two strikers viewed from the end to show the difference after the grind.
    I noticed in your video that thee primary light source shines from your right side. You would do better to get some light above and in front of your subject for your next vid.
    I’m not pickin’, just pointing out. Thank you for the great info!

22. Pastor Fred on July 24, 2022 at 8:28 pm

Great video, impressive self engineering! Just a reminder to some of ur viewers, if carry one in the chamber, don’t be too quick to reduce the weight of the pull as its a built in safety feature. Thanks for posting!

23. David Atkins on July 24, 2022 at 8:38 pm

I did a second small grinding of the striker and then i got my digital fish scale, i tied an end to the hook then put the string around the trigger and tied the other end to the hook and it measured 6 lbs. So i ended up shaving off 3 lbs of the trigger pull, maybe slightly more because of the friction of the string. So i just thought i would let you guys know, this method worked

24. Bruno Miller on July 24, 2022 at 8:40 pm

This video is literally the only thread online for trigger work on the Nano. That being said, I placed an order for a new striker and went to work before it even shipped. I filed the striker to about the same point as on this video and I can definitely tell a difference in the trigger break.
    Heading to the range in the morning to give it a test run.

Has anybody filed there’s down too low to the point that the primer won’t ignite?

Thanks for the great ingenuity.

25. Jeffrey Knodle on July 24, 2022 at 8:40 pm

Do you have any close-up pics of the modified striker that you could share?