Cheapest Pistol vs Cheapest Carbine! (Hi-Point)

Cheapest Pistol vs Cheapest Carbine! (Hi-Point)

Shooting and Testing two of the cheapest guns out there, the $150 Hi-Point c9 9mm Pistol & the $250 Hi-Point 9mm Carbine. The carbine i used in this video is very old and needs a new magazine. I imagine these guns are pretty reliable.

If you would like to help support the channel monetarily you can visit my Patreon page here http://www.patreon.com/1ShotTV or donate directly via PayPal here: https://www.paypal.me/1ShotTV
Donations are greatly appreciated although my content will never be behind a paywall. Thank you to everyone who supports the channel as you help me continue making these videos!

Follow me on Instagram @1Shot_TV

1. WrathVR on October 20, 2022 at 9:06 pm

"Pretty historic" well yea haha it was used in a school shooting

2. Veljko K. on October 20, 2022 at 9:12 pm

However, you are almost 100% of efficiency… Nice!

3. James Glenn on October 20, 2022 at 9:14 pm

Shooting the Carbine left handed, pressing on the mag release. You didn’t think we would see it but we did..

4. Josh Pickhaver on October 20, 2022 at 9:14 pm

Even as a left hander, I can’t shoot a gun or a bow left handed. I’ve never had a left handed or ambidextrous gun. Just learned to shoot normal guns.

5. Jewish on October 20, 2022 at 9:14 pm

NBK

6. Hakrenade on October 20, 2022 at 9:14 pm

i wish i had that exact model. i dont like the newer ones.

7. Sean Foltz on October 20, 2022 at 9:17 pm

A buddy and I picked up a pair of the carbines back in the late 90s thinking they’d make good truck guns – nope – both completely died less than 100 rounds and Hi-Point refused to do anything to repair or replace them.

8. Jason Lopez on October 20, 2022 at 9:18 pm

How old are you for saying what you said 1920. I bought one new in 98 or ’99

9. Paul Mohr on October 20, 2022 at 9:18 pm

Why do you shoot a pistol right handed but a rifle left handed? That is one of the stranger things I have seen.

10. Josh McArtor on October 20, 2022 at 9:20 pm

That carbine might just need a little bit of “Shooters Lube” gun oil on it and it’ll probably function properly! And for the record, I hate hi-point, I’m a Glock guy!

11. N Cooper on October 20, 2022 at 9:20 pm

I got a 995 in 2016 had fun target shooting but in 2018 I got a ruger carbine I like it more and take it out with my glock 17 so nice using the same mags for both guns and you a use glock 26 mags in just fine.

12. Andrew Gonos on October 20, 2022 at 9:21 pm

In their manuals, Hi-Point recommends that, after you load their magazines, you tap the back of them against your table top. That corrects the misfeeding issue with magazines that are causing that issue.

13. Гаранько Петр on October 20, 2022 at 9:22 pm

Columbine

14. Bryan Rocker on October 20, 2022 at 9:22 pm

There are fixes to the mag by tweaking the spring.

15. Timothy Price on October 20, 2022 at 9:22 pm

You said it had rust on it, If you saw rust on the outside there is a good chance it has rust on the inside. Even cheap or inexpensive weapons need maintenance.

16. Ian Hunt on October 20, 2022 at 9:26 pm

I have the same carbine. if its not the original magazine it will jam up. and the gas chamber if not the mag. The stock started to separate on mine from the metal of the barrel and it made the firing pin out of place. Now i have to replace the whole stock

17. Steve Johnson on October 20, 2022 at 9:27 pm

those Carbines are unbeatable. Very reliable and nearly indestructible. I owned one for years.

18. PewPew on October 20, 2022 at 9:27 pm

Just watching this video will cut your net worth in half.

19. Flat Plane Oregon on October 20, 2022 at 9:29 pm

If the nose is jamming up then you need to pinch the feed guide tabs.
    If it nose dives then you need to open the feed guide tabs a little.
    And always seat the rounds by slapping the back of the mag against your palm.
    Some people bake the mags and springs after cleaning/ disassembling them and polish the feed ramp.
    It is a 90s model, so I would call HI-Point for springs, guide rod replacements
    Or you can send it in and they’ll make it good to go.
    They also offer the TS stock replacement for low cost and Redball makes a Hi-Point approved 20rd boomerang.
    Awake from amnesia
    Research MudFloods

20. Kevin flynn on October 20, 2022 at 9:31 pm

Hi-Point make good nightstand guns or truck guns.

21. Mathew Pace on October 20, 2022 at 9:31 pm

The magazine for the hi point carbine magazine should sit flush so the magazine might not be the original which could be why it jammed

22. Da Ga on October 20, 2022 at 9:32 pm

Hi Eric Harris gun 🙂

23. Detroit Aquatics on October 20, 2022 at 9:32 pm

Maybe the same issue as honestoutlaws wife with the mag release as a lefty assuming it’s the same carbine.

24. Warrior526 on October 20, 2022 at 9:33 pm

I got a 995 just like that one earlier this year. I even bought two new mags for it and it didn’t seem to have any problems with them. They just said you shouldn’t use Pro-Mags in them. I think it had to do with the way the first round to be chambered was sitting. The round has to point upward a little bit and they were nose-diving sitting in a Pro-Mag.

25. stuart markman on October 20, 2022 at 9:34 pm

The newer carbines are great to shoot. Looks don’t matter when self defence is the reason to own it. Mine is 9 mm and I put a red dot on it. It shoots anything I feed it. I haven’t cleaned it yet. I spoke to a man at the range and he has put thousands of rounds through his and has never cleaned it . I guess that is a good testament to the reliability of the weapon.

26. Randaddy ! on October 20, 2022 at 9:35 pm

Is that the old carbine or a new one I like the looks of that one

27. Arnaldo Serrano on October 20, 2022 at 9:35 pm

Because is a blow back pistol, it needs to be heavy the slider. If Hi-point change the blow back ejection system will be more expensive, that’s not the market of Hi-point. No marketing etc., They go to gun shows and what people say.
    Life time warranty what could be better?

28. HIGH SECURITY AGENT on October 20, 2022 at 9:36 pm

Buy the newer model 995TS it will out shoot the ruger and all other 9mm carbines. When you do these test don’t bash the gun test it right.

29. Steven Dungan on October 20, 2022 at 9:37 pm

It’s a 1st gen

30. CLH Whiffleball on October 20, 2022 at 9:38 pm

*Eric Harris has entered chat*

31. John Doe on October 20, 2022 at 9:40 pm

If the company made a version that could accept Glock mags they would own the market when it comes to selling carbines. Even if they raised it by $50 for one that could take either betetta mags or Glock mags they still would be cheaper, new, than any other new carbine.

32. Jay Richardson on October 20, 2022 at 9:41 pm

Hi point makes a great 9 & 10mm Carbine

33. jodo1971 on October 20, 2022 at 9:42 pm

The carbine reminds me of the rifles from the original planet of the apes

34. ceaser on October 20, 2022 at 9:43 pm

The magazine on that thing is horrible, I have all three carbines 995 4095 + 4595 and videos on my page of all three shooting flawlessly and rapidly, videos like this can give High Point a bad name , not that they don’t have a bad name already LOL, but seriously you can see them on my page shooting flawlessly

35. Big Southern on October 20, 2022 at 9:45 pm

Did you really just say highpoint is what poor people buy? Your a dueche. Hope I’m not the only one who caught that

36. Mando Delorian on October 20, 2022 at 9:47 pm

The C9 looks like a lifeboat gun. Not a gun you’d put on a lifeboat, a gun made to look like a lifeboat, lol.
    Although, at that price and durability you could totally put 1-2 on every lifeboat, haha.
    The Carbine looks like a gun from The Planet of the Apes. Not the new one, the Old/original ones.
    But I’m pretty sure the Apes would use 10mm, not 9mm, heh.

37. Ivan Adams on October 20, 2022 at 9:48 pm

I saw another video and they were having trouble shooting it left handed, their finger was hitting their clip eject, just throwing it out there

38. William Bogal on October 20, 2022 at 9:50 pm

My dad bought me a 9mm high point carbine back in like 2001,,i was like 13 and we wernt rich.but i loved that lil carbine,and high point rebuilt the hole damn rifle for me when i sent it in because the charging screw/lever fell out in the woods.peps talk alot of shit about high point but they are a very affordable and effective fire arm for low budget or beginner shooters.

39. Chris Hayes on October 20, 2022 at 9:51 pm

People hate on the hipoint but I have an original carbine and I wouldn’t want anyone shooting it at me. If you use brass in it , it will not fail.

40. Steven Dungan on October 20, 2022 at 9:52 pm

I’ve got the 380 and 10mm i love mine both I’ve killed a deer with a 10mm

41. Arih Zermeño on October 20, 2022 at 9:56 pm

This gun looks nice and I’d like to own it, but now that it’s been in a shooting, it feels illegal to own it

42. Richard Stewart on October 20, 2022 at 9:57 pm

The .45 version I had was pretty awesome. you can keep the hand guns.

43. Michael Vaughan on October 20, 2022 at 9:58 pm

hi point carbines are tanks

44. Razor Beard on October 20, 2022 at 9:59 pm

I have to say I like their classic carbine look over the more tactical, cannibalised stock look.

45. Conservative Tony on October 20, 2022 at 9:59 pm

I’m going to be the person who says the rifle is from Columbine.

46. Zane Mccully on October 20, 2022 at 10:00 pm

dude WTF, dont say yourgoing to do something and not do it. I was waiting for you to try the extended mag on the hi point pistol! 🙁

47. Tula1940 LB on October 20, 2022 at 10:00 pm

My complaint with Hi Points are how bulky they are for so few rounds. YES I KNOW RED BALL MAGS EXIST! Every time I bring up capacity someone talks about red ball mags. Yes… They suck too… They’re still stupidly long and bulky for only 20rds. If they were smart they would used glock mags and put a $10 Pmag in the box with the gen 2 guns but they won’t because they want to make money not actually well equip people.

48. Martin Blevins on October 20, 2022 at 10:02 pm

You could have used the pistol mag in the carbine to see if it was a mag issue!

49. Jose Dia on October 20, 2022 at 10:03 pm

Carbines are super comfy under the pillow. M4 preferably. Magazine well or hand guard. You could roll your head either way.

50. Tony Alexander on October 20, 2022 at 10:03 pm

Poor people!? How about people that just want a weapon that will run or start out on ? After leaving the Navy I picked up a HP 45, this was in 1995 . I still have it and still shot… I love the gun snobs that smile at it as I run rounds thru it.. I now own much costlier pistols (no Glocks I consider it the suburban High Point )