GearScout Guide: First Look at the Sig Sauer MCX Spear (NGSW-R)

GearScout Guide: First Look at the Sig Sauer MCX Spear (NGSW-R)

The MCX Spear is Sig Sauer’s answer to the Army request for a Next Generation Squad Weapon Rifle. This MCX Spear could replace the M4 for soldiers in combat roles and fires a new round in 6.8×51. The rifle is designed to shoot farther, and be more effective in future battles than the current M4 and M-16.

The Next-Generation Squad Weapon program also will produce a new machine gun to replace the M249 Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW).

Read more at GearScout:

GearScout on the Web:

Christian Lowe on Social Media:

Weston Scott on Social Media:

Clint Emerson on Social Media:

#gunreviews #gearscout #sigsauer

1. Robert Denton on December 23, 2022 at 12:49 am

You guys have too much music and not enough live fire.

2. The_snowman on December 23, 2022 at 12:51 am

Guys does this have full auto pls?

3. Max on December 23, 2022 at 12:52 am

Guys by "lighter than an M110", He doesn’t mean in the rifles weight, he means in recoil lbs.

4. Eden Williams on December 23, 2022 at 12:52 am

Everyone talking about *expansion2 on wickr * for guns I tried him and it real the best plug ever…

5. Deplorable Dave on December 23, 2022 at 12:52 am

The music makes this UNWATCHABLE!!

6. SmithN' Wesson on December 23, 2022 at 12:57 am

Apparently all people saying how it’s a waste may be proven wrong. SOCOM is now so impressed with the weapons they are acquiring them by next year and put the 6.5 Creedmoor Super SAW on hold. Obviously they like what they see. I think if Sig can fix the recoil issue they have the best looking rifle

7. Brian Moore on December 23, 2022 at 12:59 am

All these people terrified that the rifle might kick a bit more make me sad. Our grandfathers carried M-1 rifles and they were kicking ass at over a thousand yards with them. When you’re being shot at by a bad guy 800 yards away, I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SHOOT BACK! I think it’s mostly guys that have an AR and they don’t want the military to have something different. Yes, I have one too, but if we can give our troops twice the range and enough punch when it gets there to do the job then I am all for it.

8. Derrick Ross on December 23, 2022 at 1:00 am

I’m stoked for this! If the Army doesn’t accept these, I would hope sig sells them publicly!!

9. zebu rancher on December 23, 2022 at 1:07 am

0:54 [sic] should be "has standard and side non-reciprocating charging handles"

Two charging handles is almost enough. 1:00 They should replace the forward assist with a right-side reciprocating charging handle, which will do the same thing better.

10. Samson Vermont on December 23, 2022 at 1:08 am

I watched every youtube review of the Sig Spear I could find and almost all of them think the military made a bad choice. But there is one HUGE issue that none of these reviews really come to grips with: widespread adoption of better and better body armor. There’s no avoiding this issue — AT ALL. Until you have an alternative solution to propose — or at least an argument against the body armor premise — there’s s no point in criticizing the Spear’s reduced rounds per mag or its increased weight and recoil. To the critics I ask: what do you recommend we do so that we end up with a gun that reliably defeats next year’s body armor but doesn’t weigh more or have more recoil than the M4?

11. Proud Human on December 23, 2022 at 1:08 am

I want this rifle in PUBG 😂

12. Sacky Chin on December 23, 2022 at 1:10 am

51mm case length seems too long for a 6.8mm intermediate cartridge. I’d say the 6.8×43 SPC would’ve been a better option.

13. BaconBoi 31 on December 23, 2022 at 1:10 am

The barrel is sexy

14. dave hoover on December 23, 2022 at 1:11 am

they really should have a hybrid gas system to where if there is mud it can be switched over to di instead of adverse to have gases blow through the action. but this does look pretty sweet

15. Jose Mercado on December 23, 2022 at 1:12 am

There a Civilian version of this MCX?

16. Kent Brenden on December 23, 2022 at 1:13 am

Because of its recoil, I believe MCX Spear needs to have a heavy buffer tube.

17. The Immortal on December 23, 2022 at 1:13 am

"reduced recoil"
    Lol. He can barely hang onto the thing and it’s pushing him around. It’s clearly got double the recoil of am M4.
    Reduced recoil compared to what?
    An M107?

18. Tony Stark on December 23, 2022 at 1:14 am

Just keep the m4 I don’t understand why we need to change

19. Hayden on December 23, 2022 at 1:15 am

Reduced recoil. Lol

20. Shadx27 on December 23, 2022 at 1:16 am

To get such a faster round to make such a short barrel (though they say 16 in this video I have seen 11in-13in in others)?

21. Patrick Toerner on December 23, 2022 at 1:16 am

Lighter than a M110? Ambi Marketing. How about some real combat mags, not 20 round circumcised ones.

22. Thelegion860 on December 23, 2022 at 1:16 am

I’m gonna assume this is supposed to be a battle rifle and not an infantry rifle.

23. Pp Caca on December 23, 2022 at 1:18 am

0:28 bruh that stock 😂

24. Jake Wolf on December 23, 2022 at 1:19 am

”Lighter than an M110” yeah because the M110 is a f*cking SNIPER RIFLE and this is a COMBAT CARBINE
    Next thing you’re gonna tell me it’s lighter than an M82A1, NO WAY

25. Raptary on December 23, 2022 at 1:20 am

I want one of these so bad.

26. Cynical Robot on December 23, 2022 at 1:22 am

This rifle will also come in 6.5 and 7.62mm calibers.

27. Silverback on December 23, 2022 at 1:24 am

Good luck finding the ammo…

28. Adam Parris on December 23, 2022 at 1:25 am

Can anyone tell what the rate of fire is?

29. Hsutheguard on December 23, 2022 at 1:29 am

I’d imagine this would be given to designated marksman, more accurate than your average M4s but not as heavy as M110

30. Andrew Gordon on December 23, 2022 at 1:31 am

Will this replace the M4A1 as standard issue?

31. Andrew Gordon on December 23, 2022 at 1:31 am

It looks like we are going back to battle rifles from assault rifles? Also all guns have light recoil with a suppressor on how does the gun function without it?

32. joshua on December 23, 2022 at 1:33 am

Is it just 6.8 or does it come in .308 too?

33. Sean B. on December 23, 2022 at 1:34 am

Want. No, need!

34. David Bass on December 23, 2022 at 1:34 am

Hk 416 or hk 433

35. INDESTRUCTABLE LAMP on December 23, 2022 at 1:36 am

I think the rifle’s cartridge has serious potential, but the rifle seems a little too heavy and kicks pretty hard, and it also seems odd to have two separate charging handles. Why not have the side mounted one on both sides… Or better yet just use the ar styled one? I’m not talking shit about the designers, but I think this weapon should be modified and refined further.

36. CriticalShot1 on December 23, 2022 at 1:37 am

"Reduced recoil"……..not from what I’m seeing, this gun looks very cool but it appears to jump wildly.

37. NutNbutSpeed on December 23, 2022 at 1:37 am

Please Sig, make this weapon for the civilian market! I love it!

38. ramb0nat0r on December 23, 2022 at 1:38 am

If you use the m4 charging handle, will the gun be open on both sides? Or only if you use the sid charging handle?

39. Olexandr S on December 23, 2022 at 1:39 am

80 yeas old FG42 is still better in full auto regarding recoil. 7.92*57 mauser vs 6.8*51…

40. Marcellus Diocletian on December 23, 2022 at 1:39 am

The only thing I would change is just probably change it to a two-round burst fire it’d be better in the long run and be more accurate and still provide suppressing fire

41. joe louden on December 23, 2022 at 1:40 am

Cool, but I’ll keep my 5.56 stuff, thank you. The recoil on that thing looks like 12ga shotgun-level.

42. Drake Hosking on December 23, 2022 at 1:40 am

That full auto recoil looked a bit heavy😂

43. HM on December 23, 2022 at 1:42 am

nothing wrong with .243 don’t get the 6.8 conversion when thinking level 4 body armour piercing

44. Hashim Mahamerul on December 23, 2022 at 1:43 am

Yup, They did the best Choice to choose MCX Spear yesterday.

45. Victor on December 23, 2022 at 1:43 am

Did you guys ever ask about the useful life on the barrel? I heard rumors that it’s not even 6000 rounds. Have I asked this question before here in this video? I’m having a distinct feeling of DejaVu.

46. ThatMisfitSnake! on December 23, 2022 at 1:45 am

This program is almost certainly be killed off as all other M4/M16 replacement programs. Don’t get your hopes up

47. Bill Hutton on December 23, 2022 at 1:46 am

With the chamber pressure around 80k this round HAS to be a barrel burner!! Can’t change the laws of physics!

48. thatredmanguy x_X on December 23, 2022 at 1:47 am

That guy has a sweet mustache.

49. yeo shenghong on December 23, 2022 at 1:47 am

It become a battle rifle not an assaulted rifle ,if u want better punch through wall assault rifle u should thing about using ak100

50. Thrillhunter on December 23, 2022 at 1:48 am