Green Beret War Hero Gun Belt Breakdown | Tactical Rifleman

Green Beret War Hero Gun Belt Breakdown | Tactical Rifleman

This week we are gonna take a look at how Randy sets up his gun belt. While there are lots of videos about setting up gun belts on the web, Randy is a “Ole School” combat veteran that is 69 years old, and STILL teaching, running, and gunning. While all the other videos might show the latest “Hotness,”
Randy still sets things up the way that has served him well for decades of combat service. Fear the old guy in a world where most guys die young.
Note from Randy: “Set up YOUR belt to fit your mission. Everyone’s situation and requirements are different. That said, you’ll see we do a lot of things the SAME. That’s because it WORKS.”
I know a lot of people are gonna ask where to get sexy gear like Randy’s Gun Belt; you can get it all at ATS Tactical Gear. Use promo code: TR10 to save you 10%.

We also want to thank this week’s sponsor: GunSpot.com
GunSpot.com is the newest website improving the 2nd Amendment listing and auction space, connecting buyers and sellers in a way they will both love!
Guns, ammo, accessories, and more are for sale by dealers and individuals all over the country.
But there is more! GunSpot Academy gives the 2A community a blog (news/entertainment) space to view 2A content.

Help support Tactical Rifleman by becoming a patron on Patreon https://www.patreon.com/TacticalRifleman

My favorite source for Night Vision, Thermal Imaging, Riflescopes and Lasers – https://www.nightvisionguys.com/

Want the same gear as Karl check out the NEW Amazon shop

For more go to http://www.tacticalrifleman.com/
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TacticalRifleman/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tactical_rifleman/?hl=en
Twitter-http://bit.ly/TACrman

1. President Merkin Muffley on January 3, 2023 at 12:56 am

Whoa…. that is a lot of knives… I already had one for that weak hand draw and Gerber tool but now I need to figure out how to get a bayonet and another Ontario on there.

2. Patrick Rouse on January 3, 2023 at 12:57 am

Good knowledge to have

3. Steven Cunningham on January 3, 2023 at 12:57 am

Hi Carl , first I want to thank you for your service. Secondly this gun belt is totally laid out perfect. It took a lot of time and thought to plan the belt and set it up , plus I’m sure experience. Great job and love the channel.

4. mountainlivin on January 3, 2023 at 12:57 am

Sweet Pea is almost as badass as Randy. Excellent video guys. Nothing like expert Intel and experience.

5. Cadre Ops on January 3, 2023 at 12:57 am

πŸ‘πŸ‘

6. Paul Sorensen on January 3, 2023 at 12:58 am

Great video. Seeing the previous generation of warfighters speak through and work through their thought process on SHF scenarios. Love it.

7. Ira Allen & the Crazy Mountain People on January 3, 2023 at 12:59 am

I really enjoy watching the video you two make together.

8. Nicole Smith on January 3, 2023 at 1:00 am

this video is great information. This gives me a search and rescue/tactical ems person something to think about

9. Nilesh Smith on January 3, 2023 at 1:00 am

"Trained to live off nature land." And that knife is definitely the tool to be able to do that.

10. Sarah Showalter on January 3, 2023 at 1:01 am

Very well done, I’m working on mine today after watching this.

11. Florida Huntsman on January 3, 2023 at 1:02 am

All the knives are a sold concept. I have read of Apache warriors carried as many as possible also .

12. Aikibiker1 on January 3, 2023 at 1:02 am

I love the RATS tourniquet because it is a tourniquet I can carry everywhere, everyday. I have been in a situation where I needed a tourniquet and my CAT TQ was in my first aid kit in my car. Fortunately there was a trauma RN handy and the patient survived, however I learned that if the lifesaving device is not on your person, it may as well be on the moon.

When i started carrying the RATS TQ I was working security in a hospital emergency room. I got with our trauma surgeon who had plenty of experience in with the Army in Iraq and other medical staff. We tested the RATS using a pulse doplar machine. What we found was the RATS can indeed occlude a femoral artery, but it must be wrapped with continued tension, if the person applying the TQ allows it to retract even a little while applying it the tourniquet does not work. So unlike a CAT or other TQ where you just tighten until the blood stops, you can actually fuck up while applying a RATS TQ. Understanding that shortcoming is in my opinion very important if you are going to carry an RATS.

That said I carry a RATS in my pocket of my normal pants wrapped in a bandana wherever I go. I cannot do that with a CAT, though I have CAT TQ’s stashed in various places (house, vehicles, body armor, etc. the RATS is always on my person.

13. Chad Mower on January 3, 2023 at 1:04 am

6:30 – Now THAT is a knife!

14. Concerned patriot. on January 3, 2023 at 1:04 am

Hold on one minute. He’s going to wrap that swat-t tourniquet over hyfin chest seal ? I guess he doesn’t know chest seals have a one way valve to let air out. πŸ™„ oh and the 3 tourniquets, 5 knifes and a machete are also a must.

15. gb on January 3, 2023 at 1:06 am

I don’t remember seeing SF in the DFACs in Kosovo. I seem to recall JSOC, CJSOTF, and SOCCE kept to themselves.

16. 57 Priest on January 3, 2023 at 1:09 am

The glanced over it but they make a good point about some tourniquets not working on young kids. I keep a SWAT-T along with my CAT7 to be used on my kids.

17. Chris De La Rosa on January 3, 2023 at 1:11 am

Never thought about carrying an IFAK for my pups.

"Honey, Karl said we need more gear!!’ He’s never wrong.

18. baraboo6903 on January 3, 2023 at 1:11 am

Aha so he killed Serbians…

19. Kraken Tactical Edc on January 3, 2023 at 1:12 am

Randy’s belt is 200Γ— better than Batmans and more useful

20. Hatcher Holler Hoodlum on January 3, 2023 at 1:13 am

Banjo string ???

21. Curtis Kiesling on January 3, 2023 at 1:13 am

Great video I kept pausing to write down information!

22. The55555jack on January 3, 2023 at 1:14 am

I like Randys Setup,… but he should have brought an extra knife.

23. Jason Colson on January 3, 2023 at 1:15 am

How about a vid of how Randy sharpens his knives?

24. BrightPri on January 3, 2023 at 1:20 am

Hey, i was wondering which you prefer and why, the barrett MRAD or the AI AXMC? Thanks and great videoπŸ‘

25. Frank Raia on January 3, 2023 at 1:20 am

The big question, how many knives does Randy own all together? πŸ˜‚πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ˜Ž

26. Alexander Billig on January 3, 2023 at 1:24 am

Some people carry knives on their gun belts. And other people carry a gun on their knife-belt πŸ˜„ I love it, thanks and great respect!

27. HawtZauce on January 3, 2023 at 1:26 am

What is the brand of that tiny little flashlight @14:47 anyone know by chance it the perfect light for a secret squirrel.GOV contract coming up

28. Robert Cook on January 3, 2023 at 1:27 am

Damn I only have one knife on my belts.
    >starts adding more knives

29. Fightosaurus on January 3, 2023 at 1:27 am

So much great knowledge here, nothing more to say than the others have said, just a strong, "thank you, gentlemen" to both of ya.

30. Erick Fahlstrom on January 3, 2023 at 1:27 am

Great video

31. Taylor Johansen on January 3, 2023 at 1:27 am

the Hyfin dressing actually accomplishes two very important things after application- it prevents additional air from entering the thorax and it also allows for any air that has entered between the lung in the chest wall to be vented. This out not in decreases the chance of a tension pneumothorax. Evacuation of expanding intrathoracic air from high altitude flights are also a consideration and that is a tertiary and highly beneficial design.

32. Kraken Tactical Edc on January 3, 2023 at 1:30 am

It was a absolute honour working with Randy bringing his design of his Damn Cowboy survival knife to life.

Something I learnt that nobody knows is the secret to how he sharpens all his blades. Randy actually uses the ends of his moustache to get them razor sharp. His silver whiskers are stronger and lighter that spider-mans webs and harder than diamonds. Rumour has it DARPA have been trying to steal a strand so they can replicate it and use as next generation tank and body armour.

33. Stony Buckner on January 3, 2023 at 1:30 am

Wow enough said right!? 🧐 πŸ€”πŸͺ“πŸΉπŸ›Άβš”οΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έβ˜•πŸ”₯πŸ‘Š

34. Fishman138 on January 3, 2023 at 1:31 am

I can tell Karl has a soft spot for Marines, Semper Fi Sgt Major.

35. Bob Citizen on January 3, 2023 at 1:33 am

Glad these 2 guys are on our side. Couple of bad asses πŸ‘ŠπŸ»πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

36. Brian Kopp on January 3, 2023 at 1:34 am

I used to hog hunt a lot we always had elastic dog turnicates the dog is a tool but truly my best friend I stopped not because my dogs weren’t having fun but I just use thermal at night and my dogs hunt deer now

37. Brian Kopp on January 3, 2023 at 1:35 am

The crack head at work …bad ass worker ,slit his wrist on a sheet of roof metal I stopped the sprey then took a bath in sanitizer I know he is riddled with disease the joke at work is germs get him he was ok and luckily so am I

38. erie shores prepping on January 3, 2023 at 1:36 am

Excellent information, where do you pickup the marking lights? Secondly what is the approximate weight of your setup? I am not a spring chicken. Thank you

39. Ronnie Lurie on January 3, 2023 at 1:36 am

You can’t have too many knives!

40. Freedom By Me Homesteading on January 3, 2023 at 1:44 am

The ECQC course teaches that you should not carry a knife because it can be used against you, but every SPECOPs guy and Grunt i’ve ever met and served with carries a knife for CQB/HTH. Myself included (I’m former Infantry)

41. Dindo Nuffin on January 3, 2023 at 1:46 am

That is not a gun belt. That is a knife belt. Prove me wrong.

42. jerryrigger on January 3, 2023 at 1:47 am

I feel better about having 3 or 4 knives on me now ; )

43. Mr Short on January 3, 2023 at 1:48 am

I personally need to figure out how to run my belt with 6 AR mags, plus 2 pistol mags and everything else needed, because I am poor for one, and kinda chunky and I cannot afford a quality vest, chest rig, or body armor, unless I go with foreign made knockoff. even then it will be hard to come up with the cost. all I have is my tactical/battle belt that I can grab and go in case SHTF. if you have any ideas I would appreciate it.

44. Lucas Upright on January 3, 2023 at 1:49 am

So much great information, not just a product review.

45. Erik Haw on January 3, 2023 at 1:49 am

Lol! Randy’s my hero, I love knives too, i wish I could carry that many for work, lol! For now i will just wear one

46. Beastro on January 3, 2023 at 1:50 am

damn, Randy’s got Batman AND Robin’s belt.

47. Edwin Bruining on January 3, 2023 at 1:50 am

Lots of respect for Randy, I sure do. But Man! That’s a lot of extra weight of al those knive man. Armed to the teeth. And Carl is right about the TQ tot place it where you grab it in every way you can.
    Awesome video guys. Most appreciated.

48. ABCKorpi on January 3, 2023 at 1:52 am

Dump Pouches are awesome. I usually put one on my belt when I go hiking so I can just grab stuff and put it in there.
    Also a shout out to Randy and his candles. I started making those and try to get them known here in Switzerland.

49. King Jehu Khan II on January 3, 2023 at 1:52 am

Very nice, great information and his set up works for him, all that matters….thank you…..Randy might need a boot knife?

50. fngmike on January 3, 2023 at 1:53 am

I feel like Randy was more like on safari, and the camp chef. The belt is similar to what everybody is running these days although you guys may have been the originators. I’m more interested in how much rifle ammo did you carry if you had to patrol on foot and how did you carry it. I should say they, like 5.56 not SR25 mags. I know John Stryker Meyer was carrying all that ammo in canteen pouches, etc. but quite frankly I’m surprised he can still walk at all with balls that big!