Here’s What American Soldiers Think Of The Army’s Brand New Handgun

Here’s What American Soldiers Think Of The Army’s Brand New Handgun

Here’s What American Soldiers Think Of The Army’s Brand New Handgun

After months of waiting, the Army’s brand new pistols are finally where they belong: in the hands of American soldiers.

On Nov. 28, the 101st Airborne Division at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, began fielding the M17 and M18 pistols picked up as the Army’s new Modular Handgun System at the beginning of 2017. And for the first time, the new handgun is being issued to team leaders first, according to Military.com, a policy that will extend to all Army units who will receive the new sidearm over the next 10 months.

Read more: https://goo.gl/1RRrdf

1. coburna5 on November 18, 2022 at 9:33 pm

Lol those shooting grips are a joke, right ?

2. Jay Dubs on November 18, 2022 at 9:36 pm

Nice pistols but we all know they only “won” the contract because they under bid glock by over $100m lol

3. Gunsquawk 44 on November 18, 2022 at 9:39 pm

This is robotic fake news.

4. CIA on November 18, 2022 at 9:40 pm

2:10 WTF IS THAT GRIP PRIVATE FIX THAT GRIP

5. Freida Houck on November 18, 2022 at 9:40 pm

Why does this video sound like it was read by a Windows XP AI voice?

6. Brian Smith on November 18, 2022 at 9:43 pm

Now I know why they want to pass gun control….civilians know more about the weapons and how to use them than the troops in the field. Our government feels…worried.

7. Pop Culture Prepper on November 18, 2022 at 9:43 pm

Not sure which is worse: The handling by some of these shooters or the 90s Mac voice.

8. matty jazzy on November 18, 2022 at 9:48 pm

i would say take this piece of shit and throw it in the garbage…i would use my GLOCK 19. fuck that garbage pea shooter

9. Young Son on November 18, 2022 at 9:49 pm

epidemy of lowest bidder. Still fires when you drop it hard enough. they never fixed the mechanical issues with the trigger. they only masked it by putting on a lighter trigger. so the trigger will still depress and fire a round when dropped. and also the handgun not going into battery when it is alittle dirty. I don’t know how this gun passed the trials. and the guild rod issues on top of all this. We should have gone with the Glock. That is way almost every SF soldier I have trained with tried the M17 and went straight back top the Glock. M17 = Highpoint. atleast the Highpoint don’t fire when you drop it.

10. Tom Mcfarland on November 18, 2022 at 9:49 pm

Gods I hate robot vvoice

11. Rorke on November 18, 2022 at 9:49 pm

fuck you robot voice. How fucking difficult would it be to improve 100x? The only reason you do robovoice is because you’re an Indian or Chinese or Russian.

12. iplink on November 18, 2022 at 9:50 pm

2:18 lol nice grip….

13. Will Avery Chug? on November 18, 2022 at 9:51 pm

To all the people talking about how they aren’t that good at firing them… Pay attention. 1:03

14. G19Jeeper on November 18, 2022 at 9:51 pm

Man some of this is cringy as hell. Improper grip for a lot of these soldiers. Had the chance to shoot a few M17’s both with and without reddots and other modifications as well as an M18 and they would’ve been better off with a G17 or G19X

15. LoGaNiTe710 on November 18, 2022 at 9:52 pm

In the military I feel the soldier has an opinion to adopt their own firearm of choice, whatevers most comfortable to you

16. Brian Smith on November 18, 2022 at 9:54 pm

"In chess the pawns go first….thats why the pawns go first. " – – x-men movie

17. Bryan on November 18, 2022 at 9:58 pm

Very reliable? You cant know that until after thousands of rounds and element tests. That and these guys make me feel ashamed to be infantry.

18. Stafford Venema on November 18, 2022 at 9:58 pm

Damn it I wish I would have been still in for this I hated the m9 it was so stupid

19. marryson123 on November 18, 2022 at 9:59 pm

nice guns, but I still think the M9 is cooler.

20. Michael Russell on November 18, 2022 at 10:00 pm

You can bet the troops were told what NOT to say before filming started.

21. Kamion King on November 18, 2022 at 10:01 pm

Thanks for the update, RobotMan.

22. Lt Dan 1969 on November 18, 2022 at 10:02 pm

How many soldiers have been shot by accident in the last 3 years with this gun. Man Shot by Own Pistol Sues Gun Company, Alleges Model Had a Dangerous Defect

23. Tovar on November 18, 2022 at 10:05 pm

I love the M17, I’m a air and missile defense crew member in the army. Unlike most soldiers we don’t carry M4s, we carry m17s

24. jebusm86 on November 18, 2022 at 10:07 pm

I feel like glock 19 would ha e been better because of the reliability and simpler manual of arms. I’m sure the bid would have been cheaper than going with sig too but what do I know.

25. Brent Copeland on November 18, 2022 at 10:09 pm

I love my country and it’s service members but thank God for spec ops. Some of these people better stick to administrative work.

26. Nolan Muxworthy on November 18, 2022 at 10:13 pm

Don’t all paratroopers get them now?

27. Aj Peake on November 18, 2022 at 10:14 pm

Is this real????😂😂

28. GREGG GILLOTT on November 18, 2022 at 10:15 pm

Oh so typical. The U.S. GOV takes the advice from 18yr olds that "never" shot a weapon. And as expected the Sig 320 was granted the big $$$$$$$$ contract 2, yes, ‘TWO DAYS’ before Obama left office. I’m not a Glock kinda guy but for a whole year the talk was Glock gave the military millions worth of parts, pieces and mags to slide right in to replace the 92fs. looks like . another $700,000.00 toilet for a cargo plane scam. Only the U.S. government can give out Contracts granted to the HIGHEST BIDDER, that’s called "Trickle Down Cronie-Capitalism". Funny how no one wants to talk about BEAU BIDEN (not Hunter) . Mr. Beau Biden IS known as "The Largest War PROFITEER since LINDON B. JOHNSON during the VIETNAM WAR. Also sad how LBJ sent 250,000 troops to Nam 6 weeks after he assassinated JFK ….. BELL helicopter is in HUSRT TEXAS… you know. They made the HUGHY HELICOPTER.

29. Chris Sappenfield on November 18, 2022 at 10:15 pm

Am I the only one who thinks those guns are butt ugly with that bore axis

30. 209brandon B on November 18, 2022 at 10:15 pm

Holy shit how is that the cutting edge of our military my 8 yr old handles a pistol better!!!

31. Motoguzzi2231 on November 18, 2022 at 10:16 pm

Buy those poor people some Lula magazine loaders, or does a thumb disability qualify you for benefits?

32. John Doe on November 18, 2022 at 10:17 pm

Should renamed the title "What robot think of the new Army’s new gun". I don’t hear a human talking.

33. Gotti GotDat on November 18, 2022 at 10:18 pm

In Glock I trust

34. C Bo on November 18, 2022 at 10:18 pm

Should have went with the Beretta APX

35. Matt Owen on November 18, 2022 at 10:18 pm

They should have chosen the Glock 19x

36. Organizedinnaples on November 18, 2022 at 10:20 pm

This narrating voice is audio version of AIDS

37. Iann on November 18, 2022 at 10:22 pm

People can’t stop complaining about they hold the gun.

38. PUBG Player991399 on November 18, 2022 at 10:22 pm

I’d switch to the Glock 17, the cz p09, or the cz p10c/f

39. UrbanX on November 18, 2022 at 10:23 pm

I don’t understand is why wouldn’t military let soldiers keep their side arm after serving they’re time in military? I mean isn’t that what they teach you in basic that this is your fire arm there’s not another one like it. I mean yes I get it if you medical out or become I’ll with mental issues from war. But I believe that they earned it and should be able to own it after service.

40. Aqualust on November 18, 2022 at 10:23 pm

Lmao as an ex-Navy guy I don’t even feel bad for choosing my branch. I know where I stand with my personal training and skill development. Especially after watching the Army shoot.

41. UrbanX on November 18, 2022 at 10:24 pm

Also I want to Thank everyone of you great men and women for your service. God Bless all of you.

42. Frankie Olivier on November 18, 2022 at 10:24 pm

I guess army and navy have 2 totally different stances on side arm shooting.If you can get all shots on target idc if you hold it sideways

43. minikod tlivov on November 18, 2022 at 10:24 pm

Popcorn…..

44. Glockoholic on November 18, 2022 at 10:24 pm

The army needs to retrain how to handle a pistol the underhand support on the pistol doesn’t provide enough recoil support you need as much real estate on the gun as much as possible

45. IrishSavage87 on November 18, 2022 at 10:26 pm

And now SIGs going out of business

46. CrazyForFlint on November 18, 2022 at 10:26 pm

These “soldiers” need to learn how to shoot. Jesus Christ

47. Gunsquawk 44 on November 18, 2022 at 10:28 pm

Big mistake. Should have went with Glock.

48. Organizedinnaples on November 18, 2022 at 10:28 pm

ONLY in the US ARMY could you find people that are cockier than SHIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiTTTTT that suck at that their jobs.

49. Thomas Pedersen on November 18, 2022 at 10:28 pm

Brown. Nice color if you drop it in the dessert.

50. Black Water on November 18, 2022 at 10:32 pm

Don’t they teach them the forward thumb grip? @_@ 5:22 Maybe she skipped that class… 🤔