How NOT To Shoot a Revolver

How NOT To Shoot a Revolver

Chapter 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q57Q72uisGI
If you value your skin, be sure to hold a revolver correctly! 🙂
Also, for the person or two who keep trying to repost the same goofy comment, anybody who cannot see that the paper is cut at the cylinder gap, please “rewind” the video and watch a few hundred times. 🙂 Of course, the muzzle blast has some effect on the paper, too, but the point is that the paper is cut back at the cylinder gap. Where is Homer Simpson when I need him? 🙂
See the Chapter 2 of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q57Q72uisGI
——————- ———————— Please check out and support the people who help make this channel possible: BUD’s GUN SHOP, FEDERAL PREMIUM, SONORAN DESERT INSTITUTE, SILENCER CENTRAL, TALON GRIPS, & BALLISTOL: http://www.hickok45.com/supporters/
Become a Gong Club member at our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/hickok45
Federal Premium: http://www.federalpremium.com/
SDI (Sonoran Desert Institute): http://www.sdi.edu/
Talon Grips: https://talongungrips.com/
Ballistol: https://ballistol.com/
ALSO, ALL our videos are on GunStreamer.com:
The short FAQ Videos playlist will answer most questions you have:

YouTube player

Find us on Hickok45 Twitter and Facebook, as well as “therealHickok45” on Instagram.

NOTE: All shooting in our videos is done by professional shooters for instructional and entertainment purposes, with an emphasis on safety and responsible gun ownership. Do not attempt to copy at home anything you see in our videos. Firearms can be extremely dangerous if not used safely.

1. Alex M. Alvarez on November 19, 2022 at 9:44 pm

So…. how did people fire from the hip?

2. Paul Terry on November 19, 2022 at 9:45 pm

I learned the hardway once

3. bill on November 19, 2022 at 9:46 pm

Very informative,Thank you sir

4. mongosafariadventure on November 19, 2022 at 9:46 pm

Many, many years ago as a Border Patrol Firearms Instructor when we still carried revolvers, I made a few range demonstrations of the side blast; injury potential by holding a hot dog wiener (alongside the cylinder gap) and shooting a .357 magnum cartridge.

5. Marcus Crossgrove on November 19, 2022 at 9:50 pm

Wow thanks for that. I didn’t know that….

6. paul parkinson on November 19, 2022 at 9:50 pm

An extreme version of the same story somewhere on YouTube I heard about a guy who shot a 460 xvr with his other hand too far forward he lost a finger

7. KENESTO'S HAVEN on November 19, 2022 at 9:51 pm

Wow! That is something I never even thought about! I take a .357 mag to the gun range periodically but luckily kept my fingers behind that gap.Good to know this for safety.Physics at play.Thanks!

8. chriswhisby71 on November 19, 2022 at 9:51 pm

Great videos thank you sir

9. Clayton Neuner on November 19, 2022 at 9:52 pm

Thank for you the knowledge! God bless you !

10. Matt Drummond on November 19, 2022 at 9:52 pm

I have a .357 and never knew this. Holy crap. Good thing to know. Thanks man. Great advice

11. Kevin King on November 19, 2022 at 9:52 pm

Picked up my first 44 mag today. Glad I seen this video, never thought about this.

12. Roman Golovko on November 19, 2022 at 9:53 pm

wow! Thank you for showing this. I just bought a 2020 Python.

13. James Taylor on November 19, 2022 at 9:54 pm

Some friends and I were down by the creek, just doing some practice shooting. This took place about 52 years ago, but I still remember quite well, a piece of lead came out of end of the cylinder and hit me in the side, and actually drew blood.

14. Andrey Stepanov on November 19, 2022 at 9:55 pm

Нагант не имеет прорыва газов. Он еще производится?

15. LessGoBrandon on November 19, 2022 at 9:55 pm

I’ve never shot a revolver so this helps 😂thank you. Not joking

16. Casey Johnston on November 19, 2022 at 9:56 pm

Lol thanks for the vid .lead sheer is not cool

17. jackirv on November 19, 2022 at 9:56 pm

Youtube: let’s just put this on everyone’s recommended 10 years later

18. Lilith Purpura'Regina on November 19, 2022 at 10:00 pm

Thank you for this high interesting and informative video! I’m actually hoping to get a Taurus tracker 627 tomorrow. This video might have saved my life! Thank you sir! 🙏🏼💜

19. Master Arkannor on November 19, 2022 at 10:00 pm

2:11 😮 I had no idea.
    I have always known it is dangerous to put your hand there, but wow.

I know it is .44 magnum, so I was expecting something, but still.

20. Kayman on November 19, 2022 at 10:06 pm

"That was fun, let’s do it again!"

21. Howard Sands on November 19, 2022 at 10:07 pm

Thanks!

22. Jimmy Hawk on November 19, 2022 at 10:08 pm

Some thought that the lateral blast was coming from the muzzle, blowing backwards. But no! As the bullet leaves the face of the cylinder, it must jump that gap into the forcing cone (the beginning of the back-end of the barrel & rifling), releasing HIGH pressure hot gas, still burning powder and possible metal debris. That gap should be checked periodically at EACH chamber lock-up position (6, 5, 9 chambers?), as the cylinder doesn’t rotate/align perfectly around it’s axis.

23. Broc Wavra on November 19, 2022 at 10:09 pm

Hello. I have a Smith and Wesson 587 revolver 357 magnum 4 inch barrel. I had to send the gun back when I first bought it because a piece of lead hit me in the face from the timing off. Have not shot the gun much until today and I am still getting hit in the face by debris about every 4th shot. Is this normal? The gun is very accurate within 50 feet but I am worried is is going to cause an injury. My buddy was hit in the stomach by one of these fragments and now I am thinking this is because this is dangerous. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

24. smudge on November 19, 2022 at 10:11 pm

Wow this is SICK dude NOBODY does stuff like this…that was fkn AMAZING knowledge/experience dropped, for free, which I’m sure has literally injured thousands of people in the past.

You are the #1 firearms instructor on planet earth as far as I’m concerned. NOBODY teaches that, they all just focus on the target, whats beyond the target (not NEXT to the weapon itself!) or the weapon itself…never the fallout to your wife or kid who may be standing right next to you while you fire at an intruder or at the range…

I wish I could upvote this vid a thousand times. THANK YOU @Hickok45 for all that you do for the firearms enthusiast community. Proof no matter how much you know and how good you are there is always something more to learn. So awesome!

25. JVC on November 19, 2022 at 10:12 pm

10 years later and remains amazing advice

26. DashCamEyes on November 19, 2022 at 10:13 pm

Excellent information

27. Ronald Staley on November 19, 2022 at 10:14 pm

Thanks For The Fantastic Job, Your Doing. America Bless GOD. Be Safe, And Stay Healthy.

28. Kó Ma on November 19, 2022 at 10:16 pm

29. Shane Glenn on November 19, 2022 at 10:16 pm

I’ll volunteer 😂

30. SaltyBrains on November 19, 2022 at 10:17 pm

My friend almost lost his thumb (partially severed) whilst shooting a revolver rifle – but the actual revolving chamber cracked during a shot and exploded… it hapens. I decided then I never want to shoot revolvers. F* THAT!

31. Abbie Murguia on November 19, 2022 at 10:17 pm

Thank you, I’ll never make that mistake again

32. Shellder_Cashman on November 19, 2022 at 10:19 pm

I’ll volunteer! I’m pretty stupid sooo 😂

33. Malinki Fox on November 19, 2022 at 10:22 pm

Thnx for tip

34. Engspa Doodles on November 19, 2022 at 10:23 pm

I was thinking the paper will just move, ah it shattered!

35. Lynn Glidewell on November 19, 2022 at 10:25 pm

Excellent information. I don’t think I ever heard this before. Good to know. Thanks.

36. Humore te vjetra on November 19, 2022 at 10:26 pm

i have this one from 1946 years

37. Joe Gosztolai on November 19, 2022 at 10:26 pm

"burn the fire" lol I’d have used a different word

38. Concerned Resident on November 19, 2022 at 10:27 pm

I’ve been watching you off and on for several years. Thank you for doing this channel: teaching in a very thorough, respectable way stuff about firearms.

39. just me dee on November 19, 2022 at 10:28 pm

I somehow think 6’8 Hickock wasn’t eye level with many guns on the range 😂

40. Alex Wiggs on November 19, 2022 at 10:30 pm

Thanks!

41. jay bertsch on November 19, 2022 at 10:31 pm

Thanks man literally just got a 38 less then a week ago I’ll keep this in mind

42. Lorenzo Guice on November 19, 2022 at 10:31 pm

People think revolvers are simple but they not especially the timing the timing has to be spot on I would say when it comes to timing that’s far from simple

43. subsailor on November 19, 2022 at 10:31 pm

I am thinking about buying a revolver and thanks for that tip!

44. Kingsford Gray on November 19, 2022 at 10:34 pm

Thanks.
    I have always wondered about this hazard.

45. Luis Tabla on November 19, 2022 at 10:35 pm

You were hitting the paper with the bullet

46. Bruce Wayne on November 19, 2022 at 10:37 pm

I appreciate your doing this. I’ve only shot semi-auto and wouldn’t have considered this. Never too old or to proud to learn stuff!

47. Frank Shaw on November 19, 2022 at 10:38 pm

Iver Johnson" hammer the hammer"!!!! Glock stole that!!!

48. 0616ko on November 19, 2022 at 10:38 pm

Very good lesson. Thank you.

49. Ju hyo Kang on November 19, 2022 at 10:38 pm