How to adjust an ADJUSTABLE COMB!

How to adjust an ADJUSTABLE COMB!

Hello and welcome to The Shooting Channel!

In every one of our videos, you’ll see us wearing the top of the range electronic ear defence from our partner, SWATCOM. These ear defenders are essential for protecting our hearing on the range and we highly recommend them for any shooting enthusiast.

For a limited time only, you can get 10% OFF on SWATCOM’s website using the discount code “TSC10”. Just visit www.swatcom.com and enter the code at checkout to take advantage of this great deal.

Don’t forget to check out our website, www.theshootingchannel.co.uk, for all of your shooting-related merchandise needs. And be sure to follow us on Instagram @theshootingchannel for updates and behind-the-scenes content.

If you have any questions regarding the equipment we use, advertising opportunities, or anything else, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at contactus@theshootingchannel.co.uk. We’re always happy to help.

If you want even more exclusive content, consider subscribing to our YouTube memberships using the link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLiDtWlCiii8B8uKql1ggWg/join. You’ll get access to bloopers and other exclusive content that you won’t find anywhere else.

Thank you for watching!

1. Steve M on January 2, 2023 at 1:03 am

On a different note David, while it’s great to have you and your father share your knowledge and experience what about bringing on some youngsters to do the on camera work? I know you are a great ambassador of getting youngsters into the sport but having two ageing blokes presenting simply reinforces the sports stereotype imo.

2. Tom F on January 2, 2023 at 1:08 am

David, when you say your eyes have to be "parallel", do you mean parallel with the rib, or something else?

3. moody edge on January 2, 2023 at 1:10 am

That bottom barrel first is an old wives tale.. "It helps mitigate felt recoil", bollocks!. "It reduces muzzle flip", bollocks! Based on that half baked logic, all that happens is the muzzle flips on the second shot rather than the first. As for using two different chokes, more nonsense. Fit two the same and think of some other excuses why you cant hit a barn door.

4. Litt1e Harry on January 2, 2023 at 1:11 am

Thanks for all your Videos David much appreciated as I’m very new to the game. I have a question how tight should my cheek be to the stock when mounting it? If I’m tight to it I think I’m too low. But if I just touch my cheek it seems ok? Also are gel raisers any good?

5. moody edge on January 2, 2023 at 1:12 am

Zero discussion of any technical aspects. Probably confuse more people than it would help. TGS has a few videos on the subject and goes into far more detail.

6. Denis Ryan on January 2, 2023 at 1:18 am

Good Afternoon David. On My Browning 525s no matter where I adjust the comb left or right I can see right down the centre of the barrel. New to shooting so forgive my lack of knowledge.

7. Iantincan Gleed on January 2, 2023 at 1:21 am

Great film David

8. Steve M on January 2, 2023 at 1:23 am

I’m a great fan David but this has to be one of the worst videos you have produced. The camera work on the detailed adjustments was really so poor as to be useless (sorry Alex but there it is). As were the instructions "fit this in here, move this here, put some washers in" – what? Biggest take away from this was ‘buy a gun with an adjustable comb, book a lesson and get the instructor to fit the gun to suit you’. Frankly if you can’t do better maybe introduce someone who can and let them. Good video content takes time. 3 Ps – prepare, practice and present.

9. Keith Haynes on January 2, 2023 at 1:29 am

When I am fit again I will need a lesson to see if my adjustable stock is set right for me please David.

10. EM Invesco - Investments on January 2, 2023 at 1:34 am

Unfortunately, this is all nonsense, there is more to adjusting the comb than this. There, there, there, …..

11. David Coldicott on January 2, 2023 at 1:40 am

How can you smoke the clay and shoot the bit??? There isn’t a bit is there???

12. durexjim on January 2, 2023 at 1:48 am

Im a very big critic of you but gotta say thx for them tips thank you

13. Roger Miller on January 2, 2023 at 1:51 am

Bits always smoke the speed has gone out of them simples . what with the crap music☺

14. J R on January 2, 2023 at 1:55 am

Hello David : Just wondering why you did not adjust the comb left or right. Surely this needs to be adjusted or does it need to in line with the stock.

15. Sukhvinder Singh Gill on January 2, 2023 at 1:58 am

I enjoyed this film

16. buckshotaaa on January 2, 2023 at 2:00 am

Good advice David, i have a shooting mate with an adjustable comb and when he has a bad round, he’s out with the allen key and tinkering.

17. David Coldicott on January 2, 2023 at 2:02 am

Talking in riddles. AGAIN !!!