How To Properly Clean and Lubricate Your Carry Pistol!

How To Properly Clean and Lubricate Your Carry Pistol!

Although there is not one specific way to clean and lube your carry gun, there are better ways than others. This is a common way our Gunsmiths do customer, and personal guns.

If you have any recommendations on future videos, comment them below and let us know what you think! Also be sure to subscribe, and check us out at https://www.midwestgunworks.com

Cleaning Supplies

All information provided is merely for entertainment and informational purposes. Should you decide to act upon any information provided, you do so at your own risk. Midwest Gun Works does not accept any liability for any mistakes, errors, or faults that may occur. Refer to the manufacturer for specifications of the products used. It is recommended that all modifications or repairs be done by a qualified Gunsmith.

1. Mr. Joshua on November 23, 2022 at 9:05 pm

Just bought a ruger p89, it’s built like a tank, but all it needed is a good cleaning and a new grip

2. slapanassiter on November 23, 2022 at 9:06 pm

Please dont follow this please it’s the blind flowing the blind

3. jajloo on November 23, 2022 at 9:08 pm

Your audio sucks and freaking music (noise) didn’t help. 👎

4. Len S on November 23, 2022 at 9:09 pm

whoa , NO OIL in striker area, just going to attract crap , no need, check out the glock manual and every other cleaning video

5. Damir9728 on November 23, 2022 at 9:09 pm

my right ear loved this video

6. Lug Nut on November 23, 2022 at 9:09 pm

I really wanted to watch this video but had to stop. I couldn’t take the background music playing while the guy was trying to talk. Who’s the moron that decided this was a good idea?

7. Dr. Knuckles on November 23, 2022 at 9:13 pm

I came here to watch how to clean the gun and this dude almost oiled up the whole gun 😂 😂 I’m no expert but that seems like is Not going to fire properly 💦 🔫 💨

8. Zak Hancock on November 23, 2022 at 9:15 pm

Sure is a ton of different product there. I will just stick with number 9 solvent and number 9 oil. No need to over complicate it.

9. hawg hawg on November 23, 2022 at 9:16 pm

Listen.. I drop the mag and clear the chamber.. I can keep the mag and rounds on the same table.

10. Maura Smith-Mitsky on November 23, 2022 at 9:17 pm

If you do that a lot, maybe better look into a fume hood. Protect yourself from fumes. ❤️

11. JSTONE on November 23, 2022 at 9:17 pm

Music throughout the entire video? Awful

12. Fransisco Villa on November 23, 2022 at 9:19 pm

I don’t understand the growing trend among gun owners to let their guns stay dirty for thousands of rounds. Does it improve the gun somehow or is it just laziness? It never hurts to keep your gun clean. And people who use the word "Lube" typically overdo it. I don’t use any lube on my guns, just a micro film of oil on the necessary parts. Watch a video called "How to Oil and Lubricate Your Gun (and how NOT to)" by GunBlue490.

13. Martin Healey on November 23, 2022 at 9:20 pm

Good information, but should have had close up shots of the actual cleaning so we could see the interior of the Glock

14. Larry Becker on November 23, 2022 at 9:20 pm

Nice video. Very informative. Ironically I can’t find the Hoppes gun medic action cleaner spray shown in your video. I can’t find it from the link in your description or anywhere online.

15. T210 on November 23, 2022 at 9:22 pm

Not a very well made video. No detail looks or explanations, fast forward when doing the work- and blabber on and on when nobody cares (90 second intro- what for?). Try again and pretend you are showing people for the first time, get to business.

16. Ride The Light on November 23, 2022 at 9:23 pm

Does anyone know if there is a need to lube the top of the magazine where the top bullet slides out?

17. Eagle775 on November 23, 2022 at 9:23 pm

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16 KJV, Jesus Christ is the only way…….

18. Anaya .9mm on November 23, 2022 at 9:26 pm

I can do all this with a. Microfiber rag and Lucas clp weapon shield and a damn dry patch and two qtips also don’t spray the damn striker channel or the extractor you attract dirt carbon only rails and locking lug should have oil and the connector should have a dap of Grease then your good to go please don’t do this to your pistols guys 😂

19. Agha Khan on November 23, 2022 at 9:28 pm

Hi need some advice, while cleaning and lubricating my XD a drop of oil went inside the firing pin retainer pin while oiling the slide is that bad ? It was a hole on too of the slide ahead of the rear sight and unconsciously i just added a drop into it, kindly advise if something needs to be done or should I just let it be.

20. LaLa LaLa on November 23, 2022 at 9:28 pm

This mofo basically did everything that Glock say not to do. He literally gave the Glock a bath lmfao

21. Mark E. on November 23, 2022 at 9:29 pm

1 If you all have not seen a documentary called.. it’s worse than you think…. By revelations of Jesus Christ ministries… I suggest you do.. all praise and glory to the most high Jesus Christ

22. Sean M on November 23, 2022 at 9:30 pm

Use hoppes no. 9 if u like huffing gasoline. The solvent kills braincells and gives cancer. I recommend stabil clp, proshot clp , or breakfree clp.

23. Der Faschist96 on November 23, 2022 at 9:30 pm

Why added bg music ? Its very unpleasant.

24. z23springer on November 23, 2022 at 9:31 pm

too much lube

25. Colt10mm Security on November 23, 2022 at 9:31 pm

DUDE, Glock specifically says DO NOT PLACE ANY LUBE whatsoever in the striker assembly!!! NONE, ZERO, ZILTCH!!! Also, lubing the extractor is a bad idea on a Glock too. Go to the factory in Smyrna and they will tell you right there that what you’re doing in this video is a “no-go.”

26. JSG ll. . . God, Guns & Liberty on November 23, 2022 at 9:31 pm

Love Hoppes products always have but all aerosols today are just wicked no matter the brand try looking at them in ultra violet light when spraying yep,your lungs are taking all that in Yikes. . .

27. Uncle Cracker on November 23, 2022 at 9:33 pm

Is it crazy that I deep clean my SHIELD 9mm and SHIELD 45acp every 500 rounds????

28. sanman187 on November 23, 2022 at 9:33 pm

When you were in school, I wonder if your instructors played background music while they were teaching. FYI, it’s annoying and doesn’t add to what you’re doing.

29. joe fro on November 23, 2022 at 9:34 pm

Next time , kill that annoying music , and then you can bring us in a little closer so we can see what the heck you’re oiling!!!!

30. Vice Richter on November 23, 2022 at 9:36 pm

for oil, I use lucas or automotive oil. The composition itself is literally the same concept, preferably mobil, shell, or amsoil. In fact I believe amsoil does make oil specifically for guns. Unlike other oils, it is unclear what is the composition and what chemicals they use. I have heard both lubricant companies for guns and skateboard bearings just buy a barrel of oil and just refine it or add some premixed blend and then slap a label on it. Hardly any quality control or testing. Roflmao. Oil doesnt matter as long as you keep the gun nice n wet. Lol

31. old wars new on November 23, 2022 at 9:37 pm

Damn boy you selling hoppes….just use ballistol ppl….hopes sucks

32. Fierce Mouse on November 23, 2022 at 9:40 pm

I use non chlorinated brake cleaner. I’m poor

33. Pha Xiong on November 23, 2022 at 9:40 pm

Would’ve liked an up close look at where to lube but still glad I watched this for tips

34. Luigi1620 Pizza on November 23, 2022 at 9:42 pm

Great gun cleaning video.
    I never knew that REM OIL was not viscous enough for a pistols.

35. All Bee on November 23, 2022 at 9:47 pm

Enjoyed watching the video but I dont do some of this personally. Even with the gun/guns that arent carry. I keep them more tip-top. Cant imagine putting 1000 or more rounds through a carry gun without cleaning, unless it was at one shooting, lol. My guns run cleaner than this but I do spend more time cleaning and lubing.

36. GMCSSMUSIC on November 23, 2022 at 9:47 pm

I’m going to have to learn all the inner parts, this is all Greek.

37. Three60Crusader on November 23, 2022 at 9:49 pm

Do you oil the bore

38. Martin Exotics on November 23, 2022 at 9:51 pm

All was good but the lubricating. Prolly need to watch videos from Glock and read the manual bc failing to follow their way of doing it can void your warranty if you have issues and try to send it in.

39. Jose Lopez on November 23, 2022 at 9:52 pm

You are too far away

40. J.W. SGT. on November 23, 2022 at 9:53 pm

Is the action cleaner called something else now? I can’t find it on the site.

41. Dave Bewshey on November 23, 2022 at 9:55 pm

This was the most common sense video I have ever seen it was more like a sales promo for Hoppes gun oil. Not very useful use swabs use lube duh

42. Ward Roland on November 23, 2022 at 9:55 pm

Thanks MGW. Great job. Good info. God bless.
    LETS GO BRANDON

43. slapanassiter on November 23, 2022 at 9:57 pm

Way to much oil for glock use a persition oiler and yall might want to real the glock manual!

44. John Deere A on November 23, 2022 at 9:58 pm

Safety glasses!!!! Nitrile gloves!!!!! You’ll be blind and contract cancer from exposure before your 30. Good luck 👎

45. Florentino Vasquez on November 23, 2022 at 9:58 pm

Very educational. Thank you.

46. Victrola Fix on November 23, 2022 at 9:59 pm

I don’t like any water or solvent based gun cleaners, because if you don’t follow up just as thoroughly with oil it may rust. I prefer Seal1 CLP for everything.

47. theone031 on November 23, 2022 at 10:00 pm

Do not put oil in the firing pin/striker channel. Glock manual says rails, barrel lug, hood and trigger bar. Oiling the striker channel can cause light primer strikes and gunk it up.

48. LawncareForYou42 on November 23, 2022 at 10:00 pm

Mono. Gotta love it.

49. Shootin'itStraight on November 23, 2022 at 10:02 pm

Helpful hint — as to WHEN and HOW to clean your gun, try reading the Owner Manual (?).

50. robert frederick on November 23, 2022 at 10:02 pm

I clean my gun thoroughly after 1 round or 100 rounds there is no excuse for negleting to clean a firearm other than just being lazy.