How to smooth out your ak action.

How to smooth out your ak action.

A lot of you guys have asked me this question. Its a very easy fix and most ak’s will have a bit grit in the action so don’t worry… its normal. This will fix most if not all of the rough friction in the action.

Follow us on Instagram.

1. Murphy799 on November 23, 2022 at 9:50 pm

@KLAYCO47 Question does polishing down your hammer not ruin it? The hardness layer on hammer face will be compromised once “hump” is removed. Then a soft layer of metal is hitting your carrier causing deformation on hammer face. This happened to one of my ALG hammers.
    Thanks

2. muffemod on November 23, 2022 at 9:51 pm

"Bad Johnny" 😆😆😆

3. Mark Miranda on November 23, 2022 at 9:51 pm

Naaaa u just gotta play with it more and break it in

4. Wediddy on November 23, 2022 at 9:56 pm

I bought a psa gf5 – a beautiful gun and worked great – but came with an Alg trigger that just had too much material at the top and would stick if u didn’t rack it aggressively. I finally realized this was the issue but was scared to do anything about it. After seeing your video and the comments it makes perfect sense to smooth out that area so that it cycles better and reduce the chance of malfunction (which I had one or two and I think that was exactly the issue). Thanks! Liked and subscribed

5. Godhead Wallen on November 23, 2022 at 9:56 pm

A LEATHER BELT WOULD SMOOTH IT OUT AFTER THE DREMELING.

6. Young Finesse on November 23, 2022 at 9:57 pm

I need your outro song

7. QB1 on November 23, 2022 at 10:00 pm

Doesn’t the action get smoother over time as you fire the gun? If so, I really don’t see the point in manually smoothing it out. It came like that for a reason!

8. angies Whatley on November 23, 2022 at 10:01 pm

You’re the Ak man

9. Phil Peterson on November 23, 2022 at 10:02 pm

Completely underrated channel and content

10. Name Name2 on November 23, 2022 at 10:02 pm

I don’t have a dremmel, I don’t have anything. Is it actually bad to leave the new hammer unsmoothed like that?

11. Johnny B. Goode on November 23, 2022 at 10:05 pm

I grind the hammer face, then polish with jeweler’s rouge. I also polish the rails and the bottom of the bolt carrier that contacts the hammer. Another thing I do to all my AK’S is to cut a small bevel at the mouth of the chamber. This aids in feeding, especially with softpoint ammo. Don’t cut too deep, just enough to take the corner down.

12. Spine Breaker on November 23, 2022 at 10:06 pm

Recently purchased a ZPAP M70 Poly and yes it sticks was not sure if it was normal or not, But this answered my question thank you!

13. Austin Williams on November 23, 2022 at 10:06 pm

That ak is dry or any lubrication it would run a lot better once you lubricate the action

14. Michael Armstrong on November 23, 2022 at 10:07 pm

I did this with tools and made a big improvement. Not as good as yours. If I shoot it will the surfaces smooth out working back and forth?

15. LK on November 23, 2022 at 10:09 pm

Aren’t you just putting unnecessary where on your firearm components? Just shoot the hell out of it.. the problems will smooth out.

16. Pickle Nipple Gaming on November 23, 2022 at 10:10 pm

Dont do this. Great way to fuck your reliability if you do it wrong

17. Titus Campbell on November 23, 2022 at 10:11 pm

Great information but just out if curiosity will it ever natural smooth out some over time and repeated use?

18. Pinoy Xpewpew on November 23, 2022 at 10:11 pm

Great info Clay, thank you. I have 2 Ak’s with ALG trigger. I’m a uspsa shooter and now I’ve started shooting ak at a local carbine match and I enjoy it very much. I wish I can shoot this match every weekend. Lol

19. Steven Wake on November 23, 2022 at 10:11 pm

I literally shivered when you clamped the hammer without any plastic guards. Great video though!

20. Scott Shelters on November 23, 2022 at 10:13 pm

Nice straight forward video.

21. Calson Calilung on November 23, 2022 at 10:15 pm

Will just shooting the gun smoothen the action out?

22. Ryan Worthington on November 23, 2022 at 10:15 pm

Charging handle knob is sick. What is that?

23. Harry on November 23, 2022 at 10:16 pm

Love the video! I’ll will have to try. Where did you get the stock from? I might need that..

24. roberto melendez on November 23, 2022 at 10:16 pm

is it just me or does he not pull the bolt all the way back after polishing the hammer(bolt is pulled all the way back before polishing )? not sure if that was intentional to make it seem like the polishnig worked.

25. The Rotten One Repents on November 23, 2022 at 10:16 pm

Another Thing You Can Do Is How You Were Taking Off A Little More On Left Side Cause Was Not Level With Right.
    Take Some Off Left And Right Leaving The Center Humped Up Slightly, Rounding It From Left To Right. Less Surface Friction.

26. ritesideofthefence 58 on November 23, 2022 at 10:16 pm

Great stuff, thank you for sharing greatly appreciated

27. Teddy Fresh on November 23, 2022 at 10:16 pm

Shoot it enough and it’ll wear itself down

28. dave driscoll on November 23, 2022 at 10:17 pm

Seams most USA made fcg cast/mim vs forged overseas made ones

29. adam harper on November 23, 2022 at 10:19 pm

Thank you bro!!! I’m gonna do mine tomorrow!! Again thank you! Finna flex on my boys!

30. 0fficer47 on November 23, 2022 at 10:20 pm

Nothing like synths and AKs

31. Talia WTF!? on November 23, 2022 at 10:22 pm

Wouldn’t just firing the gun work that out as well? Seems like a breaking in issue but it does seem a touch lazy manufactures don’t smooth that out as it is a friction point for the action.

32. Jim Beam on November 23, 2022 at 10:24 pm

Sounds like some Kraftwerk. I rarely enjoy music on screwtube, but this was pretty ok. My new micro draco is sticking like a motha. 🙏 Thanks!

33. Bill Lowe on November 23, 2022 at 10:25 pm

Fuck man, I got 4AKs, lol
    Work work work

34. Matthew DeBow on November 23, 2022 at 10:28 pm

Dude you rock

35. Gman on November 23, 2022 at 10:30 pm

The BEST AK focused channel on YouTube, bar none. Props to this dude for spreading his knowledge for free for AK newbs like me 🙏💯

36. Double Cheese Burger on November 23, 2022 at 10:33 pm

Yep….been doing that since the 90’s

37. Sepronio Ruiz-Valuroso on November 23, 2022 at 10:33 pm

Hey bro what charging handle do you have on there

38. Frankjoe1991 on November 23, 2022 at 10:34 pm

Nobody:
    Me: *locking an AK bolt back with the trigger and scaring the shit out of my body*

39. Henry Ventura on November 23, 2022 at 10:36 pm

"Let’s listen to some music, what do you say?" Haha! I love it!😄

40. iamkitkatbar on November 23, 2022 at 10:37 pm

My AK doesnt stick at all out the box

41. J. P. on November 23, 2022 at 10:39 pm

Great tutorial Klay! My question is, is the hammer supposed to be a smooth "S" shape? or do you want to keep any of the angles that they typically come on them?

42. Introgrunt on November 23, 2022 at 10:39 pm

43. Pepe Deez Nutz on November 23, 2022 at 10:39 pm

Thanks! Now my AK is full auto!

44. Hangassan on November 23, 2022 at 10:42 pm

I also polish/smooth the bottom of the bolt carrier in similar fashion…AKs run smoother than seal shit on arctic ice

45. MrAzazel1987 on November 23, 2022 at 10:42 pm

Very informative! Thank you!

46. Dan G on November 23, 2022 at 10:43 pm

Oh effff yeahhhh

47. Tylorgng on November 23, 2022 at 10:45 pm

My bolt takes alot more force then yours to pull it back even with the hammer down. My gun is almost brand new tho, will that change with use?

48. J B on November 23, 2022 at 10:45 pm

I kind of like how the bolt carrier gets stuck on that hammer face part, cause it partially serves as bolt lock. To keep the bolt open, an then any firm little tap on rifle will drop the bolt.

49. NO FACE Z on November 23, 2022 at 10:45 pm

Hey klay!
    I need your input!
    Which ak charging handle would you recommend?

50. TEXAS OUTLAW 210 on November 23, 2022 at 10:45 pm

What charging handle extension knob is that TIA.