J Frame Concealability: S&W 360 pd vs Glock Subcompact

J Frame Concealability: S&W 360 pd vs Glock Subcompact

The J frame revolver gets compared often to the baby Glock in size and concealability with commentators noting how that the revolver is thicker than a baby Glock and carries half the rounds.. I don’t think that is an appropriate comparison, here’s why.

Featuring:
Smith and Wesson 360 pd .357mag /38 spl

Glock 27 subcompact .40 s&w

Also for your consideration:

Smith and wesson 340pd

Glock 26 subcompact 9mm

Many guns are billed as “pocket sized” or “pocket pistols”. While the subcompact Glocks (G26, G27, G29, G30, G39, G33) are small enough to fit in a pocket, their shape often makes them difficult to really “conceal” due to excessive printing, at least in a front pants pocket. Their weight makes them much harder to put into a cargo pocket unless you fancy getting hit in the knee all day.

1. Edward Cedeno on September 22, 2022 at 8:42 pm

I have a m360 in 38 special +p, awesome gun to pocket carry with jeans or cargo pants

2. Moderne Passion on September 22, 2022 at 8:43 pm

It is awareness to put a revolver or a glock charger without a holster in your pocket, it can fire by mistake.

3. RICHARD LOMBARDI on September 22, 2022 at 8:45 pm

The reason the Glock looked like a gun was because you didn’t have a pocket holster. It’s not recommended to carry an unholstered gun in your pocket despite the heavy trigger pull

4. 👉MRMASTERGLOCK ON TELEGRAM 👈 on September 22, 2022 at 8:45 pm

Pick a Glock from this deal name above ⬆️⬆️⬆️ really nice

5. Deathtrap Cult on September 22, 2022 at 8:47 pm

I tried carrying a g43 but the shape and weight didnt work for me. Switched to J frame

6. Dave grizzly on September 22, 2022 at 8:47 pm

ive shot the 357. air weight which i think is the 360 how does the 360pd perform is it any different?

7. Hammer Slammer on September 22, 2022 at 8:49 pm

I carry the 642 air weight ( pocket carry in a DeSantis nemesis pocket holster) and my Glock 26 IWB appendix in an Alien Gear shape shift holster . I absolutely love both guns and usually carry both when headed out for the day but the 642 is always on my person while the g26 may or may not be , like while at work etc. “mission dictates gear”. If I’m going out at night in downtown or just running to corner store then I carry accordingly.
    Also sometimes I pocket carry my glock29 hand canon in a pocket holster but only for hikes in the woods etc . Great video ✌️🇺🇸

8. Emmanuel Cruz on September 22, 2022 at 8:51 pm

The Glock 26 is not a pocket gun. A glock 42 is more comparable. But either way, revolvers in general conceals better than pistols.

9. Patrick Nail on September 22, 2022 at 8:53 pm

Advocating anyone to carry a J frame loose in ones pocket is circumspect at best. Hard No !

10. Jamie Martin on September 22, 2022 at 8:53 pm

I love my Glocks but the S&W 642 always ends up in my pocket

11. Gorilla HD on September 22, 2022 at 8:54 pm

Excellent overview of both weapons. I own a S&W 642 Airweight and a G27 and both perform well for concealed carry duty, but the 642 is much easier to conceal. It just depends on where I am going and what I am doing. Stay safe out there!

Scott

12. Penumbra on September 22, 2022 at 8:55 pm

I find myself always going back to the .38 snubbie . The rounded grip, weight, and dependability make it the best CC for me. The Ruger LCR has the best out of box trigger.

13. Stefan Sell on September 22, 2022 at 8:56 pm

Wish you would have compared them inside and outside the waistband, too… Great video and nice guns though! ✌

14. Prepper Fitness on September 22, 2022 at 9:02 pm

In 2020 a lot of people were pulled out of their cars by leftist BLM and Antifa members. Many people finally realized that pocket sized revolvers in a collapsing economy full of civil unrest is not ideal. Semi autos all the way.

15. Joe Exotic on September 22, 2022 at 9:02 pm

Numbers don’t ever lie they just didn’t specify where the measurements were

16. wildyracing1 on September 22, 2022 at 9:03 pm

Always a revolver. It is more reliable, smaller, lighter, more powerful cartridge. Only downside is slightly less ammo capacity.

17. Old Cop on September 22, 2022 at 9:04 pm

The ultra light weight J frame S&W are MUCH easier to carry b/c of the weight. I like the Glock 26 but it’s too heavy for pocket carry and would wind up being left at home, at least for me. A small snub is all I need in retirement b/c my daily orbits are fairly tame.

18. STEPHEN CHRISTIAN on September 22, 2022 at 9:05 pm

YEAH I LOVE MY 360 pd +p scandium always fires, always will, easy to carry, 1 shot to end it all, & can actually be fun to shoot in 38 which of course is the thing to shoot at the range start out with 1 5round load of 38 then go to 357 for a few just to be up on the feel then back to 38 & 38+p which is another thing i love= I CAN SHOOT SEVERAL ROUNDS ALL IN 1 LOAD! HELL THROW IN A WC hehehah ..sweet

19. P Gman on September 22, 2022 at 9:06 pm

Yup I noticed the same thing with many subcompact auto loaders. I always turn to my j frame revolvers when I need concealment, especially in sensitive situations. I too feel somewhat cheated when carrying a m2.0 subcompact or glock 43… the overall size throughout makes it feel similar to the compact variants of the same gun. In contrast, I sometimes forget I have my j frame on me when I carry them.

20. Richard DiLorenzo on September 22, 2022 at 9:07 pm

This isn’t a fair comparison… The Glock 26 and 27 are massively heavier….Of course for those who have drunk the capacity kool-aid, Glock is the obvious winner.

21. Alan Manriquez on September 22, 2022 at 9:07 pm

My .38 speacial s&w snub air light j frame fanny pack works perfect with a glock 27

22. Damian Grouse on September 22, 2022 at 9:07 pm

Mod 26? No way it’s a pocket pistol. XDs (9 or 45), glock 42/42 either in a boraii or multi holster pocket holster your good.
    My setup: XDs 45 with viridian rtl in flash mode and multi holster custom pocket made and magnetized for the light. Nobody notices at work when I change for duty…I just make sure I gently lay down my pants on the wooden bench to avoid the thunk.

23. Koyote Tan on September 22, 2022 at 9:08 pm

No question which is easy to conceal. I’ve owned several 27s and 26s and always sell them, because they always end up feeling just like a 19 or 23 when actually carrying them. I just got a 38 version of the 360 (discontinued model) and it is extremely light. It easily rivals any of my small pocket guns that I’ve owned in size and beats even the 380s at only 14.8 ounces unloaded. My S&W shield came in at 19 ounces and my Glock 42 came in at 13.76 ounces and both obviously having to be part polymer to get to those weights. This 360 is rock solid Scandium with a blackened stainless cylinder and stainless barrel. Hard to beat it.

24. tom thompson on September 22, 2022 at 9:09 pm

sensible video

25. Derek TRUJILLO on September 22, 2022 at 9:10 pm

The 360pd is by far the best carry gun you can get for concealability ,weight and firepower you can’t beat it all packaged into one it can’t be beat now you can get some that are better like more bullets more powerful stuff like that but it’s not going to be as easy to carry guaranteed

26. Fuzz on September 22, 2022 at 9:11 pm

I’ve never found sub compact semi autos to be good pocket guns.

27. Gailand Burrows on September 22, 2022 at 9:14 pm

Yeah I’m gonna get a j frame as a backup gun

28. potlick18 on September 22, 2022 at 9:14 pm

I like my 637 but I’m thinking about trading it for an LCRx because it’s lighter.

29. Jc Osburn on September 22, 2022 at 9:15 pm

Very informative ! Thank you

30. Sfinn9mm on September 22, 2022 at 9:15 pm

Just picked up a 442

31. RE:Desert_Boy on September 22, 2022 at 9:16 pm

Good comparison attributes and examples. Thanks, sir.

32. cramsa on September 22, 2022 at 9:18 pm

U need a pocket holster.

33. VenomSmoke on September 22, 2022 at 9:19 pm

I EDC my Mossberg Shockwave and it’s easier than the J-frame

34. Shortcut Reviews on September 22, 2022 at 9:20 pm

A conceal hammer is even easier, wood grips, the J Frame is very organic shaped and you are correct the heavier trigger in an otherwise empty pocket seems a lot safer.

35. Dans Earway on September 22, 2022 at 9:22 pm

Albeit an outrageous speculation but… would you rather toe to toe against Sugar Ray Leonard (g42) or Mike Tyson (357 j frame)..?

Both will get the job done but the 360sc is my edc.

36. Eric Talkington on September 22, 2022 at 9:22 pm

Good video. I’m not a Glock person and I’m a huge revolver fan so I’m a bit biased anyways, but the J frames are much easier to conceal in a pocket for sure. One area that has a major difference is where the hammer is on the J frame and the same area on the Glock. The glock had a lot more going on back there space-wise that the J frame. I’ve also made it a habit to rest my thumb on the hammer spur whenever I take it out of my pocket to essentially act as a shroud for the hammer. This way I never snag it in my pocket and it helps a lot. I grew up not liking revolvers and they were still the more predominant handgun when I was born in 1981 and autos were just starting to gain popularity. So as I grew up shooting with my dad, I always liked the autos. Now that I’m older and autos are everywhere, I have reverted to the old school and carry one of my two 1971 S&W Model 36’s. I came to realize that most likely I’ll never need to use my gun, and if I do it will most likely be up close and won’t be more than a couple shots. I carry a couple speed strips in case, but I’m not expecting to get in a major shootout like in the movies. 5 38 special rounds should be sufficient. Besides, I don’t think people realize that if someone gets the drop on you and has a gun pointed at your belly, it’s going to be hard to get your gun out, aim it and shoot without getting shot first. I’d never go for my gun in that situation. I’d give them what I have and then if I was able to once they turn, try to do something other than shooting them in the back. A gun is good if you see something going on and are ready for it. If someone catches you off guard, it doesn’t matter how many rounds your gun holds. Situational awareness is far more important (to me at least) than the number of rounds I have of what caliber they are.

37. Tano Santi on September 22, 2022 at 9:22 pm

Preferably 1 SW J frame 2" Airweight in each pocket : 2 guns means two options with 10 rounds totally of absolute conceability and confidence. IMHO

38. Area J on September 22, 2022 at 9:22 pm

I carry a s&w 337 airweight. Its definitely a joy to carry compared to a subcompact.

39. brian buchert on September 22, 2022 at 9:24 pm

Subbed! Great videos! I have the 642

40. ATINKERER on September 22, 2022 at 9:28 pm

I sent my S&W 36 to S&W for repair in early July, I got it back
    in February. First off, they got my contact information wrong so I never
    got the estimate so I could approve the work. Then they had my gun down
    for the wrong work and not what I asked for. Then my gun got
    misplaced!Then in late January when I called to ask about the progress
    of the work, I got a very combative customer service representative. I
    AM NEVER BUYING ANOTHER S&W AGAIN!!!

41. cymanca on September 22, 2022 at 9:30 pm

Love my S&W 360PD as I can wear it on my scrubs with just a drawstring holding my pants up. Tried ankle holster but it would occasionally slide down and be seen as I was sitting

42. Outdoor Chronicles on September 22, 2022 at 9:32 pm

I always carry in a holster, in the pocket.

43. Max Moody on September 22, 2022 at 9:33 pm

You didn’t mention twice as many rounds and easier/ faster reloads with the Glock, so it is what it is. You have to decide what’s more important to you.

44. Kiwi The Cannabis on September 22, 2022 at 9:33 pm

I prefer small revolvers as handguns

45. William Lester on September 22, 2022 at 9:34 pm

👍😊😮😉✌️

46. Jon Trout on September 22, 2022 at 9:35 pm

Conceal-ability is really a volume problem not just a simple Height, width, length issue as you have demonstrated here. Really applicable for pocket carry. I like to imagine whatever I’m comparing as a squirt gun and if it would perceivably hold less water chances are really good it will sit in the pocket better. Great video.

47. Rnemhrd on September 22, 2022 at 9:35 pm

Appendix the j frame is no comparison. Same in the pocket. I have a 26 and 637. My 637 is more comfortable due to shape than my ruger lcp max Appendix. The max in the pocket is better though. I often sacrifice capacity for concealment unless I’m going somewhere that historically is a soft target or sketchy. Revolvers are just to get you out of trouble. Lately in the news robbery with multiple bad guys it’s a struggle to not go for capacity.

48. Lyle Smith on September 22, 2022 at 9:36 pm

One thing to consider is the revolvers weight is in the middle of the gun so it will balace better in the pocket where an auto has the weught in the handle causing the gun to want to turn over in the pocket.

49. Enock Rasta on September 22, 2022 at 9:36 pm

I wonder if I can keyster it😛

50. Craig Braemer on September 22, 2022 at 9:37 pm

I have a nearly identical S&W 340 PD (internal hammer, and can shoot .357, though you wouldn’t want to LOL). I also own a Glock 27 and 29. Love all three. It really depends on your needs. When I go flyfishing and I’m not concerned about large aggressive animals, I always stick to the J frame. It weighs virtually nothing, I keep it loaded with two rounds of rat shot and 3 .38+P. I’m primarily worried about snakes and aggressive dogs or small animals (I once had a very scary encounter with an angry otter when I was waist deep in the water with nothing but a fishing rod). J frame fits perfectly in a small front zipper pocket in my fishing vest and I can’t even tell it’s there, it’s light weight makes it super comfortable to carry.

When I’m hiking in the back woods, depending on exactly where, I ditch the J frame and carry a Glock 27 or 29. The 29 can easily take down a black bear if necessary. They’re not as easy to conceal, but then I never trying to put them in my pocket as shown in this video. I have a few different waist packs/Fannypack’s/concealable holster options that work depending on what type of gear I’m carrying. There really is no single all-purpose gun, have to pack the right tool for the job.