Marlin Model 60 complete disassembly and reassembly

Marlin Model 60 complete disassembly and reassembly

Start to finish, this is how to take apart your Marlin Model 60. Step by step instruction with no guess work. Replace any parts or springs.

Mojo rebel
Music from Uppbeat (free for Creators!):
License code: M4EALQST9IWDMZNZ

1. Chris Bias on December 6, 2022 at 12:31 am

Matt, great video… at 8:16 you point out the wrong notch on the cartridge lifter. The proper notch for the extractor spring is on the bottom of that extractor. Excellent video and thanks for the help.

2. Howard Launius on December 6, 2022 at 12:43 am

Well done video. Nice camera work and explainations.

3. autobotguy on December 6, 2022 at 12:47 am

I found one of these rifles in my mom’s storage after she died and disassembled it to clean it. It was pretty messy on the inside as I don’t think it had been fired or cleaned in more than a decade. When reassembling it I had a hell of a time with that recoil spring and ended out crimping it. Got a new one ordered and am looking forward to plinking a few rounds out of it at the local range. Looks like these things go for anywhere from $250 to $350 on private sales! Mine is one of the older ones with the 22" barrel.

4. Don Vape on December 6, 2022 at 12:48 am

I have a marlin copy from my grandfather I learned to shoot in 1973. it has never been disassembled. Putting it back together I popped the firing pin spring off and had no idea where it went. Thanks to you fixed it.

5. Ernesto Martinez on December 6, 2022 at 12:50 am

Hello Matt what type of feed control do you have asking because I need that type and what is that thing on the trigger it caught my eye is that a lever? I must have it

6. Ken Harper on December 6, 2022 at 12:55 am

Matt thanks for a great and well done video. I had to replace the plastic recoil buffer in my son’s Model 60. The tip on the paper clip for the hammer spring was priceless! I’m sure if that had come apart my chore would have lasted for hours! Great video!👍👍

7. jeff jeff on December 6, 2022 at 1:06 am

Still have my model 60 I bought new in 1978. It still runs like a champ. First new rifle I ever bought, last rifle I’d ever sell. A true American classic.

8. jacob garcia on December 6, 2022 at 1:14 am

Thank you for mentioning you used a safety pin to replace the disconnect spring. I recently took apart my dad’s model 60 from the 80’s and the disconnect spring was missing. I tried ordering it but couldn’t find one is stock. I made a spring from a safety pin and run about 100 rounds with no issues. Thank you again.

9. Practical Occultist on December 6, 2022 at 1:14 am

Nice. Great video. Thanks so much.

10. ProMotion on December 6, 2022 at 1:15 am