Marlin Model 80 Magazine Pt 1

Marlin Model 80 Magazine Pt 1

Got the Marlin Model 80 magazine from Amazon for my JC Higgins Sears Model 103 16.It also says on the package that it will fit the Bolt Action Marlin Models 780,20,& 25.I was hoping to get outside today and try it while shooting but the snowstorm hit a couple of hours earlier than expected so I’ll do a part 2 video when it clears up in a few days.

1. leftoverspaghetti4u on November 23, 2022 at 9:51 pm

Shorts, longs and long rifle will feed from that mag with no problems.

2. MyHollowpoint on November 23, 2022 at 9:54 pm

We’re going through it now. Without power since 9:30 last night. Came back on at about 1:30 today and has gone off once more. I’m sick of what you’re fixing to get.I’d keep looking for the right mag. Hard to believe a mag would take shorts and long rifle.I just made a vid on that and the results weren’t good.You could shim the mag well, it doesn’t fit well.Thanks, I’ll make ice cream 🙂

3. cainpaul08 on November 23, 2022 at 9:56 pm

Tis i bitch trying to get a clip for 1 of them these days…

4. Ed Bradley on November 23, 2022 at 9:57 pm

There is not any plastic on my Model 80 not even on the original clip. Maybe it’s because you have a Higgins?

5. R. Kilsby on November 23, 2022 at 10:01 pm

The orange follower does not feed the cartridges from the mag correctly the cartridges are presented to the chamber to high. The nose of the round hits the top of the barrel above the chamber opening. The all metal mags keep the round level and in line with the chamber opening. I think it will work in the model G

6. Steve Lindell on November 23, 2022 at 10:06 pm

anyone know of a video of how to convert the model 80 clip to work in a marlin a1 22.lr?

7. KW 4WD on November 23, 2022 at 10:07 pm

Good info, but for the love of…. get to the point…

8. David Perkins on November 23, 2022 at 10:08 pm

im pretty sure that mag will feed shorts

9. Bobby McGuyer on November 23, 2022 at 10:11 pm

I just got one in the mail brand new and it won’t latch; what do I do?

10. sackett68 on November 23, 2022 at 10:18 pm

I think the mag ,excuse me CLIP, lol! will work! Just need to get a new trigger guard assembly and you should be good to go!

11. Bobby McGuyer on November 23, 2022 at 10:26 pm

I solved the won’t latch problem!! The mag guide was too tight for the little nubs on the side for the release. I filed the sides of the guide down to pass over the little brads and it works good.

12. Steve Lindell on November 23, 2022 at 10:26 pm

13. mr hamburger on November 23, 2022 at 10:27 pm

You can’t even get one of those magazines no more

14. mr Winner on November 23, 2022 at 10:30 pm

you should never dry fire a 22 rifle or pistal will mess up the chamber

15. Brian Bowman on November 23, 2022 at 10:43 pm

I bought two of those for my Marlin 80DL. They would not latch in or work for me.

16. John Bender on November 23, 2022 at 10:46 pm

New mag installation. You got to file down the rivets in front of release to allow the mag to seat deep enough. You could file the gun’s mag well but not advisable to alter firearm. The reason the rivets protrude is the mag was made for multiple models and did not look back on the Mod 80 when newer versions came out.

17. WildCat Industries on November 23, 2022 at 10:50 pm

I heard you mention your from Southwest Virginia, I am as well, as for the S/L/LR designation for the rifles, and from what I’ve been able to tell with my Glenfield model 20 and the guy who owned it before, because of the really high feed angle of the magazine, it should cycle Shorts and even the crimped shot just fine. Definitely from a by-gone era. I loved seeing the bolt guns that could feed anything and the old Remington 550/552s that could cycle everything. Don’t make them like they used to