Mossberg 500 – frequently asked questions

Mossberg 500 – frequently asked questions

Bushcraft412 is now on facebook! check us out

Bushcraft412 page

bushcraft412 survival troop group (private)

Mossberg accessories

answering some of the most frequently asked questions I get about the mossberg 500 pump action shotgun. We discuss the slide action tube, accessories, tactical models, the sling stud on the magazine tube, and the ported barrels.

1. Chance Blevins on August 22, 2022 at 8:03 pm

Easy not cheap

2. Chris Bard on August 22, 2022 at 8:05 pm

I have a Mossberg 500 AT. I cannot find any info on the weapon. It has two soldered brass rings on the mag tube. Any idea how old it is or where I can get more info ?

3. Tom Luna on August 22, 2022 at 8:06 pm

I just got one 2 days ago. I like it except the forearm is kind of loose. Does anyone have this problem? Any idea how to tighten/fix it?

4. Chance Blevins on August 22, 2022 at 8:06 pm

You want to keep it lubed every 6 months if your letting sit.

5. Ghostx2016 on August 22, 2022 at 8:07 pm

What is the thing under the barrel ?

6. cxwrench1 on August 22, 2022 at 8:07 pm

Jesus…do you have the mic IN your mouth?

7. Muelltrain on August 22, 2022 at 8:07 pm

I just got one of these and there’s a jingle inside of it. It sounds like a pick stuck in a guitar. Do you have any idea what that could be?

8. ianevans67 on August 22, 2022 at 8:08 pm

I’m in the UK and I made a sling stud bracket out of a 1 inch scope mount. It fits perfectly on the mag tube. I just sawed off the bottom part of the scope mount and screwed the stud into it. Mines an old 1980s 500A and it doesn’t have the hole in the takedown screw. Its blank

9. joe morgan on August 22, 2022 at 8:11 pm

Can u put on scope on Mossberg 500

10. TOM STONE on August 22, 2022 at 8:12 pm

MCARBO now has an easy to install spring kit for the 500 trigger group bringing it down to around 3 lbs. nice upgrade .

11. joe morgan on August 22, 2022 at 8:14 pm

Got Mossberg 500 why does it hold Only 3 shells

12. Chris Penny on August 22, 2022 at 8:14 pm

Just bought this same gun I love it.glad you showed about the sling. Didn’t come with it

13. Scott Buckley on August 22, 2022 at 8:15 pm

Buy a shockwave or chainsaw if you want that

14. Don Rozon on August 22, 2022 at 8:15 pm

Hi can anyone told me if the bolt are interchangeable with 500-590-590a1? Thanks

15. Fernando F. Ayala on August 22, 2022 at 8:17 pm

Mossberg 500 or Winchester spx?

16. stimp god23 on August 22, 2022 at 8:18 pm

what’s the black thing on the chamber?

17. Your name Here on August 22, 2022 at 8:18 pm

Jesus why is your mouth sound so fucking sloppy stop smaking your gd lips weird shit bro

18. DA7545 on August 22, 2022 at 8:20 pm

You can just buy a replacement barrel. No need to destroy a good barrel and remove the choke. Then paint it black drop the value a little further. Now you have tactical.

19. Rod Mac on August 22, 2022 at 8:21 pm

Nice video. I have an older 20 gauge Mossberg 500CL. Do the newer chokes fit this older model? I need an open boring like skeet or improved cylinder. I would appreciate your advice. Thanks

20. Janet Klien on August 22, 2022 at 8:22 pm

My neighbor told me he got glock 9mm from a reliable seller cashmain on wickr some days ago I just got mine from him thanks bro

21. joracer1 on August 22, 2022 at 8:22 pm

The mossbergs run rather well dirty, but I like to strip them completely so I can really clean them to new condition. After every 200/400 rounds, the crud that comes out of there is super nasty, if I’m not gonna shoot for a few months I usually completely clean them and store them jic I need them in a hurry. I learnt that lesson after storing a filthy 500 when a critter tried to break in my house, I ran out with the loaded 500, the critter ran I pulled the trigger click, I gave chase 20 yards rack the slide pull the trigger again click, I wasn’t too happy, the critter kept running I never seen him again.. but learned a dirty gun is a very dangerous tool… so no more. Also from now on I will strap on my .44mag and take the 500. Another jic sernerio…

22. Badgerrr Lattin on August 22, 2022 at 8:23 pm

Swapping the barrels on the 500 is unbelievably easy to do.

23. Richard Zion on August 22, 2022 at 8:25 pm

Like better then a 870!

24. 33 13 on August 22, 2022 at 8:26 pm

Dude wood works the same, Why did you just not buy a 590a1, be done with it, now your spending more, thanks for the cleaning tip, lol

25. Anthony Sanchez on August 22, 2022 at 8:29 pm

Fuck man u need to stop smacking ur lips in ur videos fuck

26. William D. Hobbs on August 22, 2022 at 8:29 pm

Nice video dude, thanks!

27. Jdogg Hizzy on August 22, 2022 at 8:30 pm

My front sling mount is on the bottom of the frame. Not the end of the mag tube

28. Valentine Jules on August 22, 2022 at 8:31 pm

Need your helps ask for an I’d

29. William Toney on August 22, 2022 at 8:32 pm

Yes you can make the trigger much better. Mcarbo has a trigger spring kit that is excellent

30. Ronald Robertson on August 22, 2022 at 8:34 pm

The Mossberg 500 came out in 1960.

31. Beltmaker09 on August 22, 2022 at 8:36 pm

Mossberg has two different action tube lengths that I know of one was 6 3/4 and 7 and 3/8 I believe I had the same issue when going from the cheap plastic forend on my 88 to a would grip like yours I had to check and make sure the length was right before buying the tube. Luckily one of my local shops had the forend and the tube for like 40 bucks and eBay get like 50 for just the tube and no nut to hold it on

32. Jeff Hancott on August 22, 2022 at 8:37 pm

Please buy your self a tripod for filming…

33. jim maddog on August 22, 2022 at 8:37 pm

I bought my 500 12 ga Tactical about 5 years ago Nice gun was meant to be a home defense and deer gun later found out you can’t hunt with a shotgun that has a capacity more than 5 rounds either in Maine or Massachusetts Doh….!
    I practiced a few times with it but just beat me up so much i don’t shoot it much now. After 15 years married now two sons 7 and 11 showing interest in shooting.I went and got a Bantam model 500 in 20 gauge with the 22 inch choked smooth barrel has a 11 3/4" LOP for youth plus a 1" spacer for adults took it out to test it yesterday with #3 Buckshot What a nice shooting Gun! "light bulb went off" got a 18 1/2" security barrel cylinder bore bead sight after market heat shield, it has the syn. stock and forend like yours but the arms are pinned so there is no slide action tube either long or short on mine a 2017 also bought a 26" choked barrel for shooting clays/skeet here is my new go to gun for everything deer,HD,Birds/skeet.

34. Michael Koo on August 22, 2022 at 8:38 pm

What kind of upgrades can you do to this?

35. Garrett Straffon on August 22, 2022 at 8:42 pm

Yep you helped me rip mine down. I cleaned everything. But very cool. It was the first gun I ripped down and it is very easy after you do it, just take your time and have some patience.

36. Marshall Holstine on August 22, 2022 at 8:42 pm

why is mossberg 500 forend so noisy, rattles alot.

37. Tuan Tran on August 22, 2022 at 8:50 pm

Love mossberg

38. CAVlogs121 on August 22, 2022 at 8:51 pm

All you need to make it tactical is the 18.5 barrel. The furniture doesnt matter at all.

39. Chris Moody on August 22, 2022 at 8:52 pm

This 500 is available as a Field/Security Combo. 28” Field barrel with interchangeable chokes and a second Security barrel at 18.5”. The Combo is less money than buying separate.

40. Duane Holcomb on August 22, 2022 at 8:52 pm

Started making them in 1961. Nealy 60 years that they have been in production, have 2 one from the late 60s the other from about the mid 70s,,,

41. Michael Rainey Jr on August 22, 2022 at 8:53 pm

can you use 2 3/4 inch shells in a 3 inch chamber mossberg 500

42. mark harris on August 22, 2022 at 8:53 pm

The best way to change a nice wood forearm pump grip and stock to a tactical type is to NOT do it !! The wood is so nice looking and it’s a field gun anyway so keep it that way ! Also isn’t that gun your showing a crown grade model with the Gold trigger ? And yes you can make the trigger pull much better simply by lubing it and any competent gunsmith can loosen up the trigger pull weight SAFELY for a small fee !

43. Rob Pennington on August 22, 2022 at 8:55 pm

I have a mossberg 500A
    When i fire a round the bolt opens.
    Is this normal
    I was sure that the bolt should stay locked up.
    To be specific. When you rack a round into the chamber it does lock the bolt into battery. It only unlocks after you fire ther round.
    Any thoughts

44. Sysadmin Syndicate on August 22, 2022 at 8:57 pm

Yeah I had a feeding issue and it just needed oil. Great gun.

45. Francis Martino on August 22, 2022 at 8:58 pm

When I turn mine up and down it sounds like a rainstick ( something sliding back and forth)

It’s unloaded obviously

46. COVERT ARRANGEMENTS on August 22, 2022 at 8:59 pm

All my shotguns have wood stocks. There is just something special about finished wood that makes them classy. I do like the SpeedFeed polymer stock for a lightweight survival style shotgun. Great video! 🤠

47. Simon Crooks on August 22, 2022 at 8:59 pm

Thanks, that’s good to get an over view of a gun I don’t know much about

48. Maximos Wolfe on August 22, 2022 at 9:00 pm

Just bought one. Had a gunsmith cut the barrel down to 19 inches. Looks great.

49. Orlando Crespo on August 22, 2022 at 9:01 pm