Most Durable Weapon Light?

Most Durable Weapon Light?

I test ten full size lights to the breaking point for vibration, thermal regulation, salt water immersion, g-force, and impact. One light (almost) survives.

Read The Article: https://www.lowlightdefense.com/pistol-light-death-match-10-go-in-1-comes-out/

Holsters For Your Pistol and Light: https://werkz.com/

Music: La Traviata, Brindisi (Verdi) by MIT Symphony Orchestra

1. TL on November 19, 2022 at 9:37 pm

Wow, you guys are Nerds and I Love it.
    Thank You Thank You Thank You for doing this for the gun community.

2. Will Church on November 19, 2022 at 9:37 pm

Brutal testing!! Love it!

3. Manage Comp on November 19, 2022 at 9:39 pm

Salt water test should be the last one done.

4. Ian Cockrell on November 19, 2022 at 9:39 pm

A friend *cough * told me that if you licked the magnetic charger on the Olight Pl-Valkyrie, you can feel a charge across your tongue.

It does not have proper reverse current protection, at least the specific one you and I have. The battery will drain in the conductive salt water. This may have damaged the circuitry. Or water just happened to get through.

5. Mr. Nobody on November 19, 2022 at 9:40 pm

Wow!

6. Sijonda on November 19, 2022 at 9:41 pm

So more than half of the lights are actually perfectly reliable. Because everything after that is just stupid.

7. Rob Abshire on November 19, 2022 at 9:42 pm

I have had the battery door on the standard TLR-1 and TLR-1HL both fail just simply overtime. It’s a cheap replacement, but it sucks that it needs to be done at all, I really wish they would make a more robust battery compartment door.

8. Sean Kennedy on November 19, 2022 at 9:42 pm

I think the temp test was a little contaminated because the lights out front don’t have anything to bounce or trap the heat from something in front of them like the lights in the 2nd and 3rd rows

9. Theron Roberts on November 19, 2022 at 9:44 pm

Very, very interesting. Thanks for the great video it was like watching a documentary.

10. TheNeonFalcon on November 19, 2022 at 9:45 pm

That temp test was interesting. I researched this and discovered that lumen causes temperatures to climb but, the candela seems to be the big difference here. The horsepower pushing the lumens down range makes a big temperature spike and when adjusted for this information, the TLR-1 HL is outperforming the competition.

11. Tony Sommerfeld on November 19, 2022 at 9:47 pm

Be super interest to see these tests with more laser/light combos

12. Ashton b. on November 19, 2022 at 9:48 pm

I expected more out of the x300u for the almost 400 dollar price point. I’ll take the tlr1 hl

13. SN47 on November 19, 2022 at 9:48 pm

The best benchmark I have ever seen about … anything ! Wow, I was having questions about different light models, I don’t have anymore.
    Amazing video!! Thanks!

14. MandaloresMercy on November 19, 2022 at 9:48 pm

When I checked you don’t support many CZ’s, but I’d love one of your holsters someday if you cover it more

15. Bob Lee on November 19, 2022 at 9:51 pm

Lol OLight is trash, the salt water saved it the embarrassment

16. The Foreigner on November 19, 2022 at 9:51 pm

Streamlight for the win, amazing performance, reliability and priced very well. Modlite is just overhyped and overpriced for what they are, and the people are just as bad as reddit mods.

17. alex nelson on November 19, 2022 at 9:52 pm

10:53 That’s what she said.

18. Tyler B on November 19, 2022 at 9:55 pm

great video! i own quite a few x300 lights, and it was great to see how and when they failed.

19. Dale Thomas on November 19, 2022 at 9:56 pm

I love these reviews….I mean they are absolutely great, but the drop test off a building is not a good test at all. The light can come down on any edge/corner….it is not a controlled test. Other than that one test…the rest is awesome. Thank you.

20. NyetRifleFine on November 19, 2022 at 9:56 pm

man AWESOME video! i loved all this information. Really would like to see how the LAPG XWL and the Fenix weapon lights handle!

21. Rhys Harrison on November 19, 2022 at 9:56 pm

The battery door has failed on my TLR-1 HL from the plastic becoming brittle… wish they made it out of aluminum too

22. ScreaminSeaman on November 19, 2022 at 9:57 pm

For the PL Pro, it failed in the immersion test because you used salt water which is a better conductor. As the light has a charger exposed, both positive and negative terminals were exposed to the salt water which gave a path to discharge the battery.

23. ARCblooper2 on November 19, 2022 at 9:58 pm

I don’t buy the Olight temperature readings. There’s no way they were that low when the USCPSC literally issued a recall for them for temperature issues. They don’t just issue those for fun or without substantial evidence, more than this video (as thorough as it is) provides

24. Dash Riprock on November 19, 2022 at 10:01 pm

On the heat test, I knew the lights on the back row are naturally going to be cooler because they have no hot light behind them also heating them up.

25. SHORTY on November 19, 2022 at 10:02 pm

Please do this with handheld flashlights

26. Kevin Gipe on November 19, 2022 at 10:05 pm

Can we get a video like this with Chinese Amazon knockoffs lights? Recently bought a gmconn tlr-1 knockoff from Amazon to test myself but it’d be cool to see how some really budget options do

27. Chris Harris on November 19, 2022 at 10:09 pm

99.9% of us aren’t ever going to put our weapon lights through half of what he did. With that being said the first pistol light I bought was a TLR 7A. I am probably going to stick with streamlight. Probably will pick up a TLR-1HL for my new walther even.

28. Spencer Hoff on November 19, 2022 at 10:10 pm

Pretty wild that the streamlights survived more than the surefire, that’s probably surprising to most.

29. Galvanized Dreamer on November 19, 2022 at 10:12 pm

As a TLR-1 HL owner, thank you for the confirmation bias.

30. Yun Alfo on November 19, 2022 at 10:12 pm

My olight would burn me all the time

31. PixelBucket on November 19, 2022 at 10:13 pm

The Thrunite suprised me, I wasn’t expecting a 35 dollar light to do as well as it did.

32. Anderson C on November 19, 2022 at 10:15 pm

Love your channel. Have sub’d. But I think what you’re testing here is more "durability" or "reliability over a short time span". "Reliablity" to me means "durability over a long time span….eg. 5-10 years". Could have a few buddies use theirs lights over 10 years….then if you’re still running this channel then…do a follow-up video ? :)) "…..weapon light $ lasted 10 years ….being abused and dutry tested…e.g. LEO and active military use"….

33. Samsonite on November 19, 2022 at 10:15 pm

Oooh awesome testing! Could you repeat this with “micro” pistol lights like the TLR-7 sub?

34. Don Dunn on November 19, 2022 at 10:16 pm

Awesome Video!

35. Concealment Training on November 19, 2022 at 10:16 pm

I run the streamlight tlr1 hl. They have proven themselves

36. Stevenwithaph on November 19, 2022 at 10:17 pm

The temperature challenge is good test. I’ve lived in some really hot and cold environments. I’ve noticed the cold is the worst for batteries.

37. alex nelson on November 19, 2022 at 10:17 pm

Thank you and all product reviewers/torture-testers on YT. Now I know my G40 MOS is getting the TLR-1HL. 🥳

38. Mob City Moto on November 19, 2022 at 10:17 pm

good content

39. Øystein S on November 19, 2022 at 10:20 pm

At 17:14, the Olight Baldr short-circuited. Saline water has a high conductivity (i.e. low electrical resistance) – and if you measure between the lights chassis and the little gold-coated knob with a multimeter/voltmeter, you would probably see some voltage difference (the battery voltage). This starts an electrochemical reaction in the saline solution where the light chassis acts as an anode and the "postivite" gold-coated knob as the cathode. Probably discharging the battery by short-circuiting it and slightly corroding the anode material (i.e. the aluminium chassis).

40. jointercz on November 19, 2022 at 10:20 pm

Ever seen TLR which unscrew itself to the "safe" position during shooting?

41. CEG - Branding & Design Agency on November 19, 2022 at 10:21 pm

This is SUCH amazing work! Like WOW!

42. Cuttin In Idaho on November 19, 2022 at 10:24 pm

Are you going to make a thrunite holster option available?

43. Komp! on November 19, 2022 at 10:26 pm

I thought my olight was good til I bought a tlr 1 hl. Blows baldr out the water.

44. Jony on November 19, 2022 at 10:26 pm

surefire is the definitely the disappointment of its reputation

45. TheNeonFalcon on November 19, 2022 at 10:29 pm

TLR-1 HL is now the confirmed Master Race of WML’s. 🤣
    King shit.
    Now we wait for Cloud Defensive to enter the arena.

46. Mike Bonar on November 19, 2022 at 10:30 pm

Love this review

47. Ashton b. on November 19, 2022 at 10:30 pm

Give this guy a like yall. Thanks for the time and effort you put in this video.

48. Lil Mousey on November 19, 2022 at 10:31 pm

Great video

49. Jaron on November 19, 2022 at 10:31 pm

My guess on the PL Pro "frying itself" in the submersion test is because salt water is highly conductive. It probably bridged the exposed charging terminals and created all sorts of electrical havoc in the light.

50. Hunter Whittaker on November 19, 2022 at 10:34 pm

Bruh Johnny Sins is into guns as well. Huh, who knew?