My Rossi Rio Grande 45-70 EPIC FAIL !!!!!!

My Rossi Rio Grande 45-70 EPIC FAIL !!!!!!

MY ROSSI 45-70 RIO GRANDE WAS A LEMON. Yea that’s right the gun was beautiful..BUT the bolt was extremely rough, and the part of the lever that went into the bolt looked like someone took a knife and chopped on it. Also the barrel wasn’t fit correctly causing the sights to be off. And the biggest issue was the fact the gun would cycle empty but once a round was in the gun the round wouldn’t go into battery.
So I had to trade her 🙁 For the Rossi M92 in 44 Magnum YAY!!..lol

1. Paradise Road on September 18, 2022 at 8:35 pm

…get a Marlin…I did…

2. SuperSneakySteve on September 18, 2022 at 8:37 pm

I have one in .357. I agree with everything you’re saying. It’s going to be with me in the tree stand this fall.

3. david phillips on September 18, 2022 at 8:42 pm

nice gun. i have a 16" in .38/.357. it is a great camp site gun/truck gun. i dropped a charging pit bull mix at 30′ with 180 grain hard cast, it dropped like a stone. only complaint, the wood finish is thin and wears through quickly.

4. Mark C on September 18, 2022 at 8:44 pm

It’s a shame you had problems with yours, I’ve got the Rio Grand in 45-70 and it’s a beautiful rifle that I can’t fault in any way. I’ve also got the 357 which is also a very nice gun.

5. Gravity on September 18, 2022 at 8:51 pm

That’s too bad to hear, mine works like a charm right off the bat. That has been Rossi’s downfall though, they make rifles that put Winchesters to shame, then they make ones that refuse to even cycle. They have the potential to be the top lever gun maker out there, just wish they would do it across the board.

6. Kurtis on September 18, 2022 at 8:58 pm

Yeah that’s weird man id send it back if i was you . But I’ve had a few shotguns that had the same problem but did you try doing it in one fluid motion instead of stopping then closing open and slam shut not like its gonna fuck it up any worse right .

7. I Am Woody on September 18, 2022 at 8:59 pm

Sorry to hear about the Rio Grande. I read mixed reviews, so I purchased the Chiappa Traditional Trapper and have no regrets. It cost more, but is the 1886 design.

8. Kurtis on September 18, 2022 at 9:01 pm

9. MDC on September 18, 2022 at 9:01 pm

Good call Id hate to spill my beer on my gun…lol. Point noted. Next Time I use my tactical Solo cup..lol

10. John Browning on September 18, 2022 at 9:01 pm

My Damn Channel….I have always loved the Rossi lever actions.  I had to sell my older .44 and regretted it so much, I got a new one three days ago with a 20 inch barrel.  NOW, you have convinced me to get a 16 incher.  I stopped the video after 8 minutes.  That was all I needed.  Thanks.

11. Windyhill Farm on September 18, 2022 at 9:03 pm

I’ve known Kenny for 30 years , he is a great guy.

12. Larry Reese on September 18, 2022 at 9:04 pm

I think you got a handy little rifle, and I like the 44 mag cartridge better than any of the others that that particular rifle is chambered for. I’ve used an older 30 30 Winchester and a 32 special Winchester for years. I’ve got other scoped rifles, but if I’m headed out deer hunting or taking care of bigger varmints I always grab the old lever. It’s just too handy to put a sling on and a gun is no good if it’s not in your hand. Those old Winchester type levers fit your hand like a glove. You made a good deal, especially with that 16 inch barrel and that caliber.

13. Jeff Cress on September 18, 2022 at 9:07 pm

Wow. The bigger fail is that you have alcohol, a gun and ammo all right there on the table.
    Do what you want in the privacy of your home… but you might consider keeping the alcohol out of videos posted where anyone can see them. The anti-gun nuts salivate of stuff like this that makes responsible gun owners look less than responsible.

14. ammohead73 on September 18, 2022 at 9:07 pm

Knob Creek? That’s only about an hour from me.That is one beautiful lever gun man! I think your 45-70 was made on a Monday morning or Friday afternoon :),burt de burt de burrr lol…cracked me up 🙂

15. gman77gas on September 18, 2022 at 9:10 pm

Sorry Bro.  There are some/ lot youtube vids on these lever action Rossi’s that don’t show them in a favorable reviews….

16. chad bundy on September 18, 2022 at 9:12 pm

Well you idiot the dumby round us meant for cycling. Drink more beer that was probably your problem

17. Behind Enemy Lines on September 18, 2022 at 9:15 pm

Awesome brother! Lever action is next on my list for sure. Hey, I sent you a pm of my VR brother.

18. Run&Gun Productions on September 18, 2022 at 9:18 pm

That sucks but 44mag makes an awesome truck rifle

19. Gobangs11 on September 18, 2022 at 9:19 pm

Rossi are poison to me, watch my vid and you’ll get the picture.

20. SkankHunt42 on September 18, 2022 at 9:19 pm

My R92 in 44 mag cycles fine…

21. iclypso on September 18, 2022 at 9:20 pm

Little late to the party but…did you try a few different types of ammo? A lot of folks have better results with RNF bullets or LeveRevolution profiles than sharper cornered bullets. That doesn’t forgive the other issues like barrel fit and poor finish, of course. Glad you enjoy your 44 Mag.

22. James Robinson on September 18, 2022 at 9:27 pm

A few months ago I brought the Rio Grande 30-30. The first time out it jamed . The bolt was was pushed up to the top reciver and a fired round was wedged into the barrel. I called Rossi and was informed that the warranty was only for a year. I explianed to them The rifle was nib and I had it only for month. Long story short, I diasemble the rifle and removed the many burrs and polished the bolt. I have not fired yet and it seems to cycle pretty good. I wanted the 45-70 but I think the M92 model will better suite me. I leaving the rio grande’s alone