New Ruger LCP Max : 10/12 rds 380 ACP

New Ruger LCP Max : 10/12 rds 380 ACP

The Ruger LCP Max takes the LCP line to another level. 10 to 12 round capacity and yet only slightly larger. Lots of design improvements as well. Big thanks to Ruger and Fiocchi USA for their help.
#RugerLCPMax #ConcealedCarry #380acp

USCCA Affiliate Link: uscca.com/Sootch

Rubber Dummies 10% off “Sootch00” Code. Click Affiliate Link: http://rubberdummies.myshopify.com?aff=6

Check out Getzone.com for the SootchZone to see exclusive content https://www.getzone.com/

Be a Team Sootch Minuteman: https://www.patreon.com/Sootch00

Hit the Like Button & Subscribe for more Fun Gun Reviews.

Thanks for watching~ Sootch00

Instagram: Sootch_00

Music is from Jingle Punks and Epidemic Sounds Royalty Free Music through the Fullscreen Network. Used with permission.

1. arthur mulkey on September 17, 2022 at 8:26 pm

I am going to purchase one this weekend.

2. M LL on September 17, 2022 at 8:28 pm

I believe the original LCP came on the heals of the keltec 380.

3. Steve 0770 on September 17, 2022 at 8:29 pm

I’ve had mine for about 2 months and have been testing various ammos through it. I’ve gone through about 500 rounds and have had mixed results. One important observation, it HATES Fiocchi ammo (range dynamics). I cannot go more than 4 shots without a failure to feed or extract. Mainly failures to feed. Here are my results:

Brand / Fired / Failures

CCI Blazer: 150/1
    Fiocchi Range Dynaimcs: 100/25+
    Federal American Eagle: 100/2
    Unknown Range Ammo: 50/0
    Hornady Critical D. JHP: 50/1
    Federal Punch Self Defense: 50/2

I have to say, I’m not very impressed with the reliability. I would love to hear if anyone has any suggestions to improve the reliability or which ammo works best. I really love this gun, but I don’t trust it.

4. Daniel Hill on September 17, 2022 at 8:29 pm

Well, it’s technically a 100% increase from 6 to 12.

5. steve carter on September 17, 2022 at 8:30 pm

Picked one up and took to range. I like this little gun and pocket carry a lot of times. Shot placement is paramount. Trigger is 100% better than original LCP.

6. Enayet Chowdhury on September 17, 2022 at 8:31 pm

Great Review. Can it take +P ammo?

7. Dirty Dave's Garage on September 17, 2022 at 8:31 pm

The Max is a huge upgrade over the original. I have both, and it is quickly becoming my EDC. So compact, very accurate, loaded with underwood XD ammo. A joy to have on you at all times…

8. Frank Shipp on September 17, 2022 at 8:37 pm

gun fetish

9. noel amick on September 17, 2022 at 8:38 pm

My lcp 380 jams alot. What amo is the best for the 380? Thank you

10. SGT 45 BRAVO on September 17, 2022 at 8:38 pm

I Have owned over a dozen pocket pistols, this is by far my favorite, so reliable, good trigger , good sites, and great accuracy. Sometimes i have to check my pocket to see if its still there lol, so light!

11. Robert Kruckman on September 17, 2022 at 8:40 pm

Glock missed the boat with the 42. It could have had the same mag. style. I own a 42 and just bought a max to replace my LCP 2nd gen.

12. Rusty Shackleford on September 17, 2022 at 8:41 pm

600+ rnds through my lcp max and one failure to go to battery on my second magazine. This pistol is a game changer.

13. BigAArmory on September 17, 2022 at 8:42 pm

5:00 That’s actually a 100% increase

14. Dan McGonagil on September 17, 2022 at 8:45 pm

Where did you get the finger extension from on the 10 round mag? Is it the same one for the LC9 Max mags?

15. The Great Gig In The Sky on September 17, 2022 at 8:45 pm

Late to the party… but great review!!! God Bless America!!! and Long Live the Republic!!!

16. Tim Hallas on September 17, 2022 at 8:47 pm

From 6 to 12 is a 100% increase.

17. Tom N on September 17, 2022 at 8:48 pm

Haven’t got myself a max yet but plan to. Was wondering why you totally left out the Lcp custom when it changed everything? Maybe you didn’t know about it. I got a custom when they came out and like it so much don’t really want to change it but plan to get a max anyway. If you haven’t checked out the custom you should but you’ll have to talk to Ruger to get one now.

18. brentfoto on September 17, 2022 at 8:48 pm

What is the model identifier on sample in this video? It’s usually 5 digits beginning 13_ _ _ . I like the color of it and on the slide. Thanks.

19. ruger kidd on September 17, 2022 at 8:50 pm

"happiness is a warm gun, bang bang shoot shoot" -the Beatles!

20. Photlo Debbarma on September 17, 2022 at 8:50 pm

This is available on Amazon or Flipkart

21. RAEL on September 17, 2022 at 8:50 pm

LCP stands for Light Compact Pistol……yes?

22. Derek Schmidt on September 17, 2022 at 8:51 pm

Can you ankle carry it

23. googoo gjoob on September 17, 2022 at 8:51 pm

everybody makes fun of my .380 …… but nobody lets me sh00t them with it

24. Roger Davenport on September 17, 2022 at 8:53 pm

Have had the older 6 mag. for about 8yr. I’ve got so used to carrying it, I keep it in my drawer with my billfold, and it goes in my pocket when my billfold goes in, love the little gun and its conceal ability, I give it a pat every now and then, to remind it and myself that it’s there if needed, good gun good video.

25. MyHope123 on September 17, 2022 at 8:55 pm

TY for video! John 3:16. Jesus died for our sins. I hope everyone believes and trusts this! I recommend reading the gospel of John.

26. Freedom By Me Homesteading on September 17, 2022 at 8:55 pm

This was a good review. The LCP Max is a very remarkable little pistol. Just 15 oz fully loaded with 13 Rounds, with Factory night sights. For anyone interested there is a playlist shooting the LCP Max all the way out to 20 yards if you click my screen name.

27. B. Jennings on September 17, 2022 at 8:59 pm

A few things I noticed: There is no ‘bolt catch’ on a pistol haha. Also, from 6 rounds to 12 is a 200% increase, not 50%. : S

28. Duane Wolcott on September 17, 2022 at 8:59 pm

Why doesn’t Ruger make a .22LR version of the LCP MAX? I would love to have one in .380 and one in .22LR.

29. mario medina on September 17, 2022 at 9:00 pm

I want this gun, but they don´t bring it to my country…

30. M Gabriel on September 17, 2022 at 9:00 pm

I think that target looks like it is keyholing! No?

31. Curly Bill on September 17, 2022 at 9:01 pm

It looks very KelTec inside. Those rounds looked like they were keyholing the paper.

32. jhollie on September 17, 2022 at 9:05 pm

Had an LCP many years ago and used it as my backup and off duty carry. I truly hated the trigger pull. I know there are modifications you can do to improve the trigger but my dept does not allow any modifications to any weapons carried on or off duty. Picked up a G43 and never looked back.

33. ohcysp 024 on September 17, 2022 at 9:06 pm

Used to carry the original in my pocket. If this one fits I think I’ll pick one up. I liked the really low small sights of the original. Could hit dollar coin size groups at 25 yards.

34. Robert Jerome on September 17, 2022 at 9:06 pm

Junk..

35. M Blakr on September 17, 2022 at 9:08 pm

#You are just awesome with this, #Ruger LCP Max o/c .380 FO. A must own today! E User#M Blakr/M E B

36. jp2code on September 17, 2022 at 9:09 pm

At 17:56, what is the purpose of the outside bevel on the barrel?

37. Douglas Bunch on September 17, 2022 at 9:10 pm

6 to 12 rounds is a 100% increase

38. Skip Mitchell on September 17, 2022 at 9:10 pm

Finally got one a couple days ago and fired 100 rounds through it. I developed a blood blister on my trigger finger because of the trigger safety. Not a big fan so far. I do like the extra fire power over my 6+1 bodyguard. Its NOT a range gun. Lol

39. Lupton Pittman on September 17, 2022 at 9:11 pm

Anyone have experience buying from Cabela’s? Do they have a warehouse they get their guns from if I order from one of their stores. I won’t buy one from the case that countless people have poked and prodded, dry fired, dropped the slide on an empty chamber, etc. Can you trust Cabela’s?

40. monax 3 x on September 17, 2022 at 9:11 pm

I love Ruger and the good products of this famous and good company ⭐⭐⭐

41. PegasusFleets on September 17, 2022 at 9:12 pm

Nice. .. best so far !!

LOTS of Honors 🎖 and Respects !!!!!

42. Michael F. on September 17, 2022 at 9:12 pm

I bought an LCP MAX because I’m tired of wrestling with holsters all the time in hot 🔥 Florida weather. 12 rds or +1 of decent 380 JHPs is enough to get me out of anything reasonable. Maybe throw an extra mag in the pocket if I’m feeling the need. FYI, a "STICKY" pocket holster is a great investment. A dust sleeve for the extra mag too.
    It’s a great time to be alive in the 2A World.
    I pray I never need it.😇👍

43. tubeslats on September 17, 2022 at 9:16 pm

My LCP Max jams when I try to eject a live round. I have to jiggle, poke and pull to get the round out. It fires o.k., but it’s frustrating that it is so hard to safe the gun.

44. Russell on September 17, 2022 at 9:16 pm

I promise honey just 1 more Gun😘

45. Aldon on September 17, 2022 at 9:18 pm

I have a SW .38 special , wanted t get something smaller, was looking at the .22 but I think will go with this one . thanks!

46. No Way on September 17, 2022 at 9:19 pm

On the lcp’s I don’t really care if the slide locks open. I carry it because it’s small. I m not carring a extra mag in my shorts pocket for a shootout. 7rds of .380 to defend or shoot and escape.

47. eXp Realty Angelina on September 17, 2022 at 9:21 pm

Does anybody live in Las Vegas has this one? I wanna buy it but wanna try before buy…. Nobody has around me. Heard Max and non max is different. Please inbox me!!! Thanks

48. Wt Pence on September 17, 2022 at 9:21 pm

Great review as Always !

49. Invisible woodworks on September 17, 2022 at 9:24 pm

Let’s not forget about the lcp custom in the intro and history of the lcp.that’s what I still carry.the one with the red trigger 🙂