New Walther PDP-F (Female) – But men like it too

New Walther PDP-F (Female) – But men like it too

Join Patreon and support MAC! http://www.patreon.com/militaryarms
Follow and support us on Utreon!: https://utreon.com/c/militaryarmschannel
MAC T-Shirt Store: https://ballisticink.com/collections/military-arms-channel
Modern Gun School: http://www.mgs.edu
Check out our LINKTREE: https://linktr.ee/militaryarmschannel

Join us on Discord: Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/ZJQ2myZ8
Join us on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/militaryarms

Challenge Targets Discount Code: MAC556 (https://www.challengetargets.com/SFNT.html)
OpticsPlanet Discount Code: MAC556

What might be the biggest marketing mess-up of 2022, Walther launched a new version of the PDP called the “F” for female. The problem is, every guy I know likes it too so why call it the “female”? Poor marketing aside, the gun has some great qualities and we break down the new Walther PDP-F.

#Walther #PDP #PDPF

1. Patrick Boretsky on January 26, 2023 at 1:38 am

Who cares what designation the firearm has on it?! If someone is insecure enough to be bothered by something like that, then they need to take a long hard look at themselves. They won’t be complaining if thats the only weapon that they have in a self-defense situation!

2. Froggin Hawgs on January 26, 2023 at 1:40 am

If I end up with one of these, I’ll tell people the f stands for finesse. I come from fishing so usually when you down size lures or baits it is referred to as finesse fishing.

3. Robert Hicks on January 26, 2023 at 1:40 am

I could care less that it has an F on it. I have small to medium hands and almost always have to roll the grip to get to the mag release. I really want to try this one. You guys made a big deal about registering with Walther. When I buy a gun and pass the background check, doesn’t the government have a record of that purchase? What’s the harm in Walther knowing too?

4. Joe Ginsu on January 26, 2023 at 1:41 am

I believe the F could stand for Fort Smith Arkansas, where it is assembled if people don’t want to use the female moniker. I bought one and after finding I can’t swap the trigger, I wish I bought the full size PDP. I have the 3.5" Compact PDP F.

5. Evan Harris on January 26, 2023 at 1:43 am

My other guns are all males. I bought it cause I wanted a sexy female next to my bed at night.

6. James Poehlman on January 26, 2023 at 1:43 am

The VP9 does not have the best trigger….it’s great but not the best

7. johnny trice on January 26, 2023 at 1:44 am

It’s concealed carry no one knows you got it on you anyway

8. Beez on January 26, 2023 at 1:44 am

I really think Walther needs to keep moving this direction and make a PDP for conceal carry that has this slimmer grip and then really try to slim up the slide.

9. Milton Oliver on January 26, 2023 at 1:46 am

just bought this today

10. John Christopher on January 26, 2023 at 1:47 am

We know it’s a pistol, so call it PD SF and fire the marketing gurus.

11. budrou784 on January 26, 2023 at 1:48 am

If they had a 5" model of this I’d buy it in a second.

12. acrodriguez34 on January 26, 2023 at 1:49 am

Good thing Walther’s virtue signaling didn’t move them enough to make it in pink

13. Zombie slayer on January 26, 2023 at 1:50 am

This is a gun that my girlfriend is considering buying as her very first gun that she can use for concealed carry. Do you guys have any suggestions for a good carry gun for a new, female shooter? I’ve recommended a few guns to her, but I’m curious to see if there are any other hidden gems out there that are great for women.

14. Thornberg84 on January 26, 2023 at 1:53 am

I picked one up yesterday have not gotten to fire it yet but I love the way it feels I don’t give a dam about the F series I say it’s F for flagship lol thanks for the video

15. Kaori Inoue on January 26, 2023 at 1:53 am

I mean at least Walther is trying to think a little outside the box and offer a product that may be more appealing to people with smaller hands. As a female shooter, I appreciate it, even though I have the opposite problem (I’ve got big hands/long fingers, so this is of marginal utility to me). Still cool. If a guy feels endangered by the "F" designation, maybe he’s not mature enough to operate a firearm.

16. A.D.C on January 26, 2023 at 1:54 am

I just went and held one. I cannot believe I like it better than my 4inch full size pdp. And I have big hands.

17. Fire28 on January 26, 2023 at 1:57 am

I purchased this and did not know what the F stood for… I picked it up at the gun store and fell in love with it… 5 minutes later it was mine and I guess the F stands for fun to shoot

18. Bilbs K. on January 26, 2023 at 1:58 am

Awesome thanks

19. John Moon on January 26, 2023 at 2:01 am

The point on holsters is valid, get the right holster for the weapon. But I have both the PDP F (short model) and PDP Pro SD compact and they work in the same holsters.

20. Jim Padgett on January 26, 2023 at 2:02 am

Just purchased the 3.5 inch and I absolutely love it. Flat shooting, lightweight, with excellent grips. I couldn’t care less if it’s called “F” series. Make no difference to me. Men carry Sig 365’s all the time, and they’re way more “feminine “ in appearance. I shoot this pistol really well. Way better than my 365. Walther hit this one outta the park guys. This pistol isn’t just for ladies gentlemen! Get one for yourself and your wife/girlfriend….I did!

21. JMills on January 26, 2023 at 2:02 am

I’m female and I don’t include the "F" designator when asked what I carry because I would have to explain I’m not so silly and ignorant that I would believe in ‘girl guns,’ that I would need such a thing AS a ‘girl gun,’ or that I would fall for such embarrassing advertising. I just wanted a 3.5" barrel and couldn’t find a PPQ anywhere. In fact the more that I think about why Walther did such a marketing campaign the more I don’t want to support the company since obviously it’s Walther joining the deranged ‘The future is Female’ political marketing campaign that is helping to destabilize western societies and remove them from their rational and human systems and replace them with creepy, soulless, corporatism. And oh yah, the gun isn’t smaller, easier, or lighter than the PPQ SC in fact it’ wider, taller, and heavier lol soooooo why the "F"? Cause of a narrow grip that could have been achieved with an extra grip backing included? Wtf am I doing with this gun lol? I don’t want to support a company like this.

22. Seewise on January 26, 2023 at 2:03 am

I have always thought the firearm my wife is comfortable with should be the same firearm I use. If we share the same ammo in a pinch and/or SHTF she uses my handgun and is "practiced" using the same piece, then better for us.

23. Justin Knight on January 26, 2023 at 2:05 am

So my wife picked one up and loved it and said yeah, get it. I also convinced her that she “needs” a red dot too. Let’s not kid ourselves. Who do you think will be playing with it more? It’s basically the equivalent of me convincing her she needs a bass boat. it’s an awesome gun.

24. Daryl Stovall on January 26, 2023 at 2:05 am

From a marketing standpoint they should’ve named it PDP – U (as in unisex), but ultimately all guns are unisex, so "NO!" it doesn’t bother me at all

25. James P Mullin on January 26, 2023 at 2:05 am

It has special protection from limp wristing.

26. Michael S on January 26, 2023 at 2:07 am

I have a PDP compact with the slimmest back strap. And because the PDP-F has a shorter barrel…. 3.5” vs 4”….. I really want a PDP-F now. That being said the standard PDP still feels really good in my hands and I don’t have giant hands

27. James P Mullin on January 26, 2023 at 2:08 am

F version will be followed by FG version

28. OhioYankeeboi1865 on January 26, 2023 at 2:11 am

I got one of these for my wife and myself she loves the design the over all look and loves the way it feels and she conceals the gun flawlessly

29. PopBubbleWrappable on January 26, 2023 at 2:12 am

So I can’t put a 5" PDP slide on a PDP F frame? Booooo

30. M Sim on January 26, 2023 at 2:15 am

I’m buying it as I cannot carry the compact one due to the size and red dot. Lmao.
    Smaller equals appendix 👍

31. Mike M on January 26, 2023 at 2:17 am

I just bought one for my wife and I love it too! Like you said it just points so naturally!

32. Andrew Kim on January 26, 2023 at 2:18 am

I want one.

33. Huy Tran on January 26, 2023 at 2:18 am

Can you run this with the normal PDP non reduced recoil spring?

34. william lanphar on January 26, 2023 at 2:19 am

First , the F designation doesn’t bother me at all. I am small and I anticipate I will like it from all I’ve heard. Second , I have called or been to a dozen shops and nobody has one or can tell me whe they will. I called Walther and they say they are readily available so I don’t know what the problem is. Third, it is refreshing that you , unlike almost all other reviewers , actually pronounce WalTHer and not Walter. How hard is it to pronounce the name correctly ? Anyway thanks for a good review.

35. Cal Techie on January 26, 2023 at 2:20 am

My short fingers have always been a problem for me regarding firearms. This looks "F"fantastic! I am an older man and would buy one of these pistols in a heartbeat.

36. Hank Cromer on January 26, 2023 at 2:21 am

To me, it’s the nicest looking gun Walther has put out in years. Even if it has a F designation on it. May have to pick one of these up.

37. Paul Betz on January 26, 2023 at 2:22 am

Do you guys like the walther p99?

38. Jacob Leonard on January 26, 2023 at 2:22 am

Going out to get a sex change so I can buy this baby!

39. TheReedOption on January 26, 2023 at 2:25 am

Do these fit in regular pdp holsters?

40. Gator70 on January 26, 2023 at 2:25 am

What a time to be alive when we complain about the things we do. I would also like to see evidence of version 1.0 slide mount failures. I think if you are going to claim something, you should show it. Walthers websight claims zero failures. Are they lying?

41. Fred carbonetto on January 26, 2023 at 2:26 am

I beat the shit out of my original PDP WITHOUT the slide cuts for the optics and there is NO ISSUE WHATSOEVER! Walther did it right the first time people

42. kwik2hear on January 26, 2023 at 2:26 am

Just got one, I love the trigger. Great review guys 👍👍👍

43. loki8284 on January 26, 2023 at 2:30 am

I wear size small gloves and have short thumbs. This is the first full-sized handgun I own where I can actually reach the mag release without shifting my grip.

I couldn’t care less that it has a "F" tagged on it. It feels great in my hand and they knocked it out of the park.

44. Definitely Maybe on January 26, 2023 at 2:30 am

F stands for fabullous

45. Johnny Grubbs on January 26, 2023 at 2:32 am

I don’t care who it was designed for.what counts is how comfortable can you become using it

46. john175the2nd on January 26, 2023 at 2:32 am

Plastic sights! Why Walther.

47. allunavaliable on January 26, 2023 at 2:36 am

for two guys who keep saying that it is OTHER "manly men" who are turned off by the "F" designation, yall sure do complain about the women in the ad copy a lot

48. Tommy Ly on January 26, 2023 at 2:36 am

Does it seem like all the shock from the recoil go straight to the trigger when you shoot it? Mine seems to do that, which hurts after a while

49. Jaime garcia on January 26, 2023 at 2:37 am

Wish they also make a 380 pdp f w/ double stock

50. RONALD Sjr on January 26, 2023 at 2:38 am

maybe they should engrave titties and vags on the female guns and big eggplants on every other gun. Marketing people at gun companies are complete morons no doubt.