NRA convention in Houston, Texas begins, prompts rallies outside | USA TODAY

NRA convention in Houston, Texas begins, prompts rallies outside | USA TODAY

The NRA convention in Houston, Texas is underway. Beto O’Rourke joins the protesters outside, while Ted Cruz speaks at the event.

RELATED: UK reporter presses Sen. Cruz on gun control

The NRA is the largest gun rights organization in the United States. According to the NRA, it’s made up of over 5 million members who are “diligent protectors of the Second Amendment

The NRA’s lobbying arm, the Institute for Legislative Action, notably lobbies against gun control legislation.

» Subscribe to USA TODAY: http://bit.ly/1xa3XAh
» Watch more on this and other topics from USA TODAY: https://bit.ly/38TdVoX
» USA TODAY delivers current local and national news, sports, entertainment, finance, technology, and more through award-winning journalism, photos, videos and VR.

#NRA #Houston #Guns

1. Keith Moore on October 21, 2022 at 8:55 pm

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
    #####

2. Jesse Torres on October 21, 2022 at 8:57 pm

I’d like my state to have a Governor who could stand up to the N.R.A. & gun lobbyists, but sadly Governor Abbott can’t do that.

3. rommel6116 on October 21, 2022 at 9:01 pm

Why is USA the only country to have this problem?
    You can do something….. VOTE…. VOTE for people who will do something to prevent more senseless
    deaths.
    ENOUGH is ENOUGH !!!

4. Charitable Foundation on October 21, 2022 at 9:02 pm

Dear Compassionate People, Let’s help thousands of Ukrainians who are affected by the current situation in Ukraine. Help the Ukrainian people temporarily living in the territory of Poland, among them there are hundreds of small children and old women, their condition is not good now. Hundreds of thousands of innocent Ukrainians have been forced to flee Polish territory by Russian shelling. Let’s help the future of young children Thank you for your attention.
    Charitable foundation
    4169-5853-4066-2757

5. Rocky on October 21, 2022 at 9:05 pm

Cruz: it is not about guns
    Then immediately talks about gun violence….

6. butchdeadlift10 on October 21, 2022 at 9:06 pm

Guns don’t save people. Only people save people

7. avatar89 on October 21, 2022 at 9:07 pm

Why is nra events and your promotion this comunist guy

8. Jesse Torres on October 21, 2022 at 9:09 pm

I would love to see a bunch of Liberal gun owners going to the NRA Convention to peacefully protest while armed just see how Republicans and Conservative media would react to that.

9. savage bear on October 21, 2022 at 9:15 pm

Beto O’Rourke is doing what everyone should be doing.

Instead the GOP talks about guns.

10. Mountain Bike Addict on October 21, 2022 at 9:16 pm

NRA has nothing to do with the shooting.

11. Bushido 144 on October 21, 2022 at 9:24 pm

AMERICA’S GREAT FALL

"The TIME OF RECKONING is coming upon ALL men! My CHOSEN 😎 ARMY who have walked with Me and sought Me each day will have the BEST days ahead of them! Those who go their own way disregarding Me will experience great hardship. Many of My children will require more chastening in order to refine them. They have been LAZY seeking earthly pleasures. As in the days of Noah, the people did not realize the day, or hour they lived in; so BLINDED by their own lusts, WILFUL IGNORANCE desiring not to hear the Truth. It came upon them SUDDENLY and suddenly it will come again!

The days are wicked yet many see it not; most still relying on man to cure the ills of a fallen nation who has given themselves over to the master they pursue. They live in UNBELIEF that I AM the I AM and the ills of this nation and around the globe are spiritual in nature-sin after sin after sin! Do you not see how even the Earth groans as the blood of the innocent cry out to Me? I am coming soon to AVENGE My children!!!

As the world watches America’s GREAT fall, many hearts will turn back to me. I AM is the ONLY option! Man cannot fix what is already beyond repair. America, your covenant with Me you have broken as you have made a blood covenant with your Lucifer (Satan). You have sealed your own demise and will lie in the beds you have made for yourselves. DESTRUCTION SHALL FALL UPON THE WICKED for your sins against a Holy God! Sadly, the innocent ones always pay the price for the deeds of the wicked!

This hour is crucial to get your hearts aligned with Me for this nation is in critical condition and death comes to a nation who opposes Me, My laws, My Statutes and My Judgments! You have NO power over me America! You do not decide. I decide what is and what is not to be! I am allowing this nation to fall; you will no longer prosper! You are pompous FOOLS void of all understanding; your consciences seared. Who created you? Who made you Kings? Who sees all? He who made the eye does He not see what you do, He who made the ear does He not hear what you discuss behind closed doors. You are fools, ALL of you!!! Do you think you can escape My judgment upon you? You have been weighed and measured and found wanting! Your cries I shall NOT hear and will laugh at your calamity!

To all who desire to follow after the beast, you too, are under My WRATH to come. For those who do not know me, it is time to evaluate your life. Is a temporary pleasure worth sacrificing your soul to eternal damnation? For all who do not believe I exist, you are about to see just how real I truly am. To those who pray to rocks, trees, oceans, volcanoes, carved images of animals and to all your false gods tell Me in the days coming how they will rescue you when they cannot walk, see, hear or speak? I will only listen to the cries of the TRULY repentant. I will not deny a contrite heart.

This is the time of year when many are planning vacations and fun activities who have no interest in seeking My face nor wanting me in their lives. Your vacations are about to be interrupted. The fun times are over. Hardships will be the mainstay. The New World Order you embrace will either enslave you or exterminate you! To these globalists you are a burden and must be removed or enslave yourselves to their Beast System and take the mark. You have heard the number. It is the number of a man, 666. You will be required soon to take his mark in your right hand or forehead. All the things so far they do have been getting you ready to accept him, the Anti-Christ, his cashless society, his green peace deal and his sustainable solutions. Their plan is to sustain themselves. You, my people, are not in their grand design.

The prognosis is death to a nation that has rejected me. You do not remove Me. I REMOVE! I GIVE! I TAKE! You are NO LONGER blessed: a CURSED nation, a nation full of hyprocrisy, lies, abominations, murders, lawlessness and every sort of evil one can conjure up! My Judgments stand and I am done with a nation who has the audacity to defile My sanctuary as you fornicate with the Great Whore. Your days are coming to a close!

My children who repent, accept Me as Lord and Savior I will heal you and bring you home to me shortly. You will rejoice for you too will be saved. I am merciful and as I send My GREAT 😎 ARMY of vessels out you will see just how loving I have always been. These are now the days when all will see the difference between who I am and realize who Satan is. He has kept himself hidden for generations and convinced many of you to believe he does not exist and to those who practice witchcraft he has convinced you he is the good god and that I need to be thrown off My Throne. Let us see who wins this final war shall we!?! Games are over, the players are in place and what is coming is about to commence. Are you ready? Are you sure? Remember children who died on the cross and already won this war. I NEVER LOSE and even though it may look like evil is winning, I can assure you he will NOT win! I am the beginning and the end. I know the end from the beginning. I am coming with miracles and healings and when my CHOSEN 😎VESSELS gather the harvest, then the end shall come. It is closer then you believe. Come out from under your unbelief, from dancing with the devil, from believing your government leaders are for you, from believing the NWO is for your benefit.

Children, children, children! It is time, it is time, it is time! Get your spiritual house in order for when this starts you will be in complete shock and turmoil. This rollercoaster ride will continue until there is NOTHING left to America. The eighth King is about to arise. He is already using his puppets as they have been putting his agenda in place. He has never left. Seek me for your answers. Do not test me for you will lose!

Enjoy the last days of quiet for in an instant it is all about to change and go into a freefall. I love you! The more important question is will you love Me then as it all falls?

I, the Lord, have spoken.

I am Yahushua (Jesus), KING of King’s, who manifested in the flesh to save the souls of men!"

12. Beer Against Humanity on October 21, 2022 at 9:25 pm

Cryin’ won’t have ya…
    …Prayin’ won’t do ya no good.

13. Petek Çelebi on October 21, 2022 at 9:44 pm

👏👏👏👏👏👏

14. Be Nice on October 21, 2022 at 9:45 pm

Senators and House members representing Texas have received more than $14 million in contributions from gun rights lobbyists over the course of their careers, with much of that coming from the NRA.

15. Tibore Goldberger on October 21, 2022 at 9:48 pm

Beto it seems that this racist white supremacist doesn’t mention the lies of the 19 latino children that were killed and the two Latinos that died that this Latino racist does not talk about the law enforcement they should have been a hundred times more than it was before that he’s going to pass laws to increase 100 times more police officers and 100 times more financial support too long forcement because he cares about the Latino the poor Latinos or the poor African Americans who died because one police car could have saved their lives in Texas and the same thing in Buffalo New York one extra police car put aside the life of black African Americans but this racist Beto cares for the election to win which is more important to him that the lies of the poor African Americans and Latinos in the state of Texas and it can also mention this racist supremacist about how much gun violence is across the state line from Texas to Mexico he’s talking about gun violence let’s hear it how many Mexicans die in gun violence in the year in Mexico and how many of them are teenagers Mr Beto you’re choosing a free photo opportunity a free press review your message could have been also if you were an honorable decent man why don’t you buy some time on network news or better even considering that you have the support of every Network television Democrats from CNN MSNBC ABC CBS NBC Washington Post and the New York times they’re all democratic Network and newspapers

16. Hieu Le on October 21, 2022 at 9:50 pm