Radical Firearms 7.5 in. 5.56 AR Pistol Reliability Update

Radical Firearms 7.5 in. 5.56 AR Pistol Reliability Update

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDTILKzoTdy3FOhyfniL0dTRaJCCp6_ZN
Awesome Shirts! http://www.russianrouletteclothing.com/
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/the_jordan_winkler/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JordanWinklerFitness/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JordanWinklerYT
Ammo I use www.minutemanmunitions.com
Best Fighting Sights on a Pistol www.xssights.com/
Great Steel Targets for Training www.shootsteel.com
Get Training! www.tacticalresponse.com
Excellent Nylon Gear: www.originalsoegear.com

1. Lee Greger on September 20, 2022 at 8:39 pm

Jordan, usually the shorter the barrel the less accurate it is. Case in point, at 50 feet with a Glock 17 I hit all over the target, with my old M16 Service rifle I shot expert every time I qualified and with good groupings (20” barrel, yes I’m old).

2. James Jacobus on September 20, 2022 at 8:40 pm

Slow trigger

3. tyler79durdan on September 20, 2022 at 8:40 pm

I would like to refer you ALL to the barrel length study found @ http://www.sadefensejournal.com/wp/?p=1093 . To summarize this review, FPS decreases with length as well as ballistic effectiveness. At 7.5" pressure at muzzle is exceeding 17,000 PSI and velocity is down to 2,000 FPS leaving your 5.56 incapable of creating an effective wound channel and essentially just drilling .22 sized holes. "To generate a lethal wound channel, the M855 projectile must have a velocity of at least 2,500 ft/sec on impact with the target. Below that critical velocity, the M855 bullet simply drills a 1/4 inch hole in the target, which too frequently is not lethal unless it passes through a vital structure." "In the longer barrels, the maximum velocity of 2,979 ft/sec was in the 20-inch barrel with a velocity of approximately 2,700 ft/sec in the 14.5-inch barrel. The critical velocity of 2,500 ft/sec was in a barrel between 9 and 10 inches in length, which further shows the folly of considering a 7-inch barrel for this cartridge." Just an FYI for those considering a 7" BBL. I suggest a full read on this article for anyone interested in furthering their own knowledge! I read it, you can too!

4. Bronx Warrior on September 20, 2022 at 8:40 pm

You mean the dust cover. Your wife was holding the weapon in her shoulder along time that will effect you. Accuracy.

Try shooting 50 yards and in get better groups with 7.5

5. nicolas7183 on September 20, 2022 at 8:40 pm

anybody getting tired of thies antigun bullshit commercials you get everytime you look at gun channel , thats youtube they are actually pretty smart

6. jayo84 on September 20, 2022 at 8:43 pm

Bullet weight is critical for pistols… Maybe thats it.

7. nGcAl78 nEw-w-0 on September 20, 2022 at 8:44 pm

Had any one ever told you that you look like buffalo bill from silence of the lambs? It puts the lotion on the skin lol

8. Samuel Pope on September 20, 2022 at 8:49 pm

A lot of yak ity yak about lack of stability in 7.5" here. Most modern 22 hornets are 1 in 14 and will stabilize a 55gr sp. just fine and in my experience this is the best weight for long range accuracy with hornets of mine. (vintage hornets were mostly 1 in 16 and limited to 45gr) A 7.5" AR shooting 55gr is about the ballistic equivalent of a 22H with a 20" barrel. (albeit the hornet will do it with about half the powder charge!). I shoot a 7.5" 1 in 9 AR pistol and the accuracy is superb and limited only by the light weight and small moment of inertia of the weapon. (In other words it is not as shootable as a 15 pound DCM service rifle).

9. Ramil Pagulayan on September 20, 2022 at 8:49 pm

at that distance you should not expect accuracy. in a real world, you would not be shooting ar pistols at that distance. at max should be at 25 yards. pistols are made for close quarter combat. not for long distance. that is why you would rather put a red dot not a long range scope.

10. Mike Thompson on September 20, 2022 at 8:50 pm

What do you expect for 379.99 buy a real gun if u want real results

11. No trap music Hip hop music channel on September 20, 2022 at 8:52 pm

Lmao who cares what the ATf says if it’s on your property they can’t tell you what to do on your own land

12. R3SP3CT TH3 V3T on September 20, 2022 at 8:53 pm

I hear bullets hitting steal… what more do you want

13. Ron Flowers on September 20, 2022 at 8:54 pm

Bro, aside from a decent handguard that Radical pistol sucks balls! My 7.5 nails hard and constantly at 25, 50 and 100. I never thought to train for any further distances. Send that junk back! Check out Kotaboy’s review..https://youtu.be/C9Mgxaguaks

14. Eroc on September 20, 2022 at 8:55 pm

You hv something outta spec……..

15. merkk on September 20, 2022 at 8:56 pm

I got a 7.5 and I can hit center mass at 300 yrds no problem….

16. FREE KENDO on September 20, 2022 at 8:56 pm

What do you think about a truck gun a 7.5 inch barrel o 10.5 ?🤔🤔

17. elchaka999 on September 20, 2022 at 8:56 pm

Do you need a tax stamp to get this gun?

18. Firc on September 20, 2022 at 8:57 pm

Easy on that trigger? The heck you mean, man. She was fine. Lol

19. Mr Q Battle III on September 20, 2022 at 8:57 pm

I’ve been looking for a concealed carry back that can securely handle my 26" AR Pistol. So far, all I’ve found is the ‘
    Elite Survival Systems’ Covert Operations Backpack’ which is good; however, a little much for EDC. Any ideas / suggestions. Thx in advance!!!

20. Mark Twain on September 20, 2022 at 8:58 pm

Is this a feminine guy or an ugly chick?

21. Raymond Dang on September 20, 2022 at 8:58 pm

Still liking it? I’m planning to grab one in a few days

22. WackoKillerDan on September 20, 2022 at 9:00 pm

Man that trigger is annoying why does it click so loud? And why did you tell her easy on the trigger?

23. azora on September 20, 2022 at 9:04 pm

that’s a solid distance for a “PISTOL” yes it shoots a rifle round but it’s considered a pistol, and I’ve heard it hit steal so I think it’ll be a great new toy

24. joe bama on September 20, 2022 at 9:04 pm

OHHH YES IT WAS YOU…ALL YOU

25. Jbyrd on September 20, 2022 at 9:04 pm

It’s a pistol and a toy, but will also clean up in self defense distances. I’m glad you got it running good

26. Richard Kendall on September 20, 2022 at 9:06 pm

Try the 10.5 inch barrel. I get .5 inch groups at 50 yards with a TRS 25 red dot.

27. gary harp on September 20, 2022 at 9:08 pm

You should have shot it from a table so then you could say if it was the gun or the shooter

28. MISSING LINK THE PROPHET on September 20, 2022 at 9:10 pm

Close quarter weapon dumbass with that barrel length. I hope you’ve learned something in 4 years.

29. MrCampbell11 on September 20, 2022 at 9:10 pm

Look how she held the pistol. Her second hand was unsure and kept moving so of course her shots were not consistent😂😂😂

30. MannyScoots (CONSPIRANOID) on September 20, 2022 at 9:12 pm

I have come to realize if you don’t pay $850 to $1,000 for a nice complete built rifle you are buying crap and specially a 7.62×39 …….A good quality barrel is essential ! …. I own a Diamondback 7.62×39 and barreled in 7" inch and using a Sig Sauer Romeo MSR red dot I can hit a 5" inch target with a nice group at 200 yards……

31. Ruger Mossberg on September 20, 2022 at 9:12 pm

It’s a short range self defense gun…not meant for long range accuracy.
    Put some 5.56 50 grain frangible ammo in it and it makes a great home defense gun.

32. Juan Valdez on September 20, 2022 at 9:12 pm

What optics are those your wife is using

33. GoldenRemnant on September 20, 2022 at 9:15 pm

I thought the .223 ballistics isn’t impressive w/ anything less than 14.5" barrel and really you need a 16"+ barrel with that round. Honestly, outside of a PCC round, I would stick with a .300 BO for anything shorter than a 14.5" configuration, as that round suffers very little accuracy loss inside 100 yards (IIRC) w/ a shorter barrel configuration such as a 8.5".

If my grouping is settling in at 4-6" @ 100 yards out in a "pistol" configuration with no bull bag or and I paid $500 for the set up…I guess you could say I’d satisfied.

34. No trap music Hip hop music channel on September 20, 2022 at 9:17 pm

Almost as dumb as sbr laws . Like a stock adds a magic bullet that destoys army tanks lmao . Dumb load of bs I’ve ever heard

35. Paul Colburn on September 20, 2022 at 9:18 pm

What are you talking about Non stellar accuracy? You’re hitting a half size human target at 60 yards. That hypothetical enemy is dead as fuck. If you want to shoot 2 inch group I may suggest a 16 inch barrel. That Shorty barrel is designed to optimize house clearing. Your wife is a straight up ninja.

36. No trap music Hip hop music channel on September 20, 2022 at 9:18 pm

And it’s not like they are hiding in bushes waiting on people to shoulder a arm brace

37. Chris Brown on September 20, 2022 at 9:19 pm

I’m confused, you are talking about accuracy and you are shooting steel plates while shooting off hand. You are also referencing the precision of the weapon as accuracy, two very different things. A gun is PRECISE a person is ACCURATE. A very precise gun can be shot inaccurately very easily by the shooter

Even on a bench with a 16" barrel and a scope I get fliers and a lot of inaccuracy with Wolf, Tula and other steel case or cheap box ammo. Just because you both are having some issues hitting steel doesn’t mean the gun(barrel) is the problem. When shooting a handgun the slightest variation in the muzzle makes huge differences down range, especially standing, off hand

It would be a good idea to bench the gun against a longer barreled, same caliber weapon to show actually precision of the weapon system then do the same off hand to show your accuracy. With the sights much closer and the barrel much shorter the gun is likely to be easily drawn off target with very slight movements or sway or even breathing during shooting

Just my thoughts

Nice looking build and thanks for posting!

38. FloorGuys01 on September 20, 2022 at 9:20 pm

AERO PRECISION is the way to go 🤘🏼

39. tylerelmore on September 20, 2022 at 9:27 pm

you work for Hans Gruber or what?

40. Sandy Mitchell on September 20, 2022 at 9:28 pm

With all fairness to the weapon with a 7.5 barrel and cheap ammo, it need all the advantages it can get, good ammo is a must and accuracy is not really the purpose of this pistol its more of CQC machine, geez its only 2.5 inchs longer then my S&W M&P. if accuracy is a must I feel 10.5 is the least one should use? just my unprofessional opinion 🤣👍 good vid

41. Alex T on September 20, 2022 at 9:28 pm

It is a PISTOL and you want tight groups at that distance? If you want accuracy at long range then why didn’t you get an AR rifle instead with a 16” barrel? You are concealing in a gym bag and it is designed for CQC, not long distance sniping. Use it for what it is intended for and expect realistic results from the pistol AR and you won’t be disappointed. Just my 2 cents of course, but I think the intended purpose of the pistol is being forgotten and rifle like accuracy is being expected.

42. christopher brownlee on September 20, 2022 at 9:30 pm

Yeah, blame Trijicon and not yourself. Ridiculous

43. Soulja Awakened on September 20, 2022 at 9:31 pm

What kind of handguard is that?

44. USMC 1911 on September 20, 2022 at 9:31 pm

I know this is a old video but I watched a video with the same setup with terrible groups anything over 55 grains he was getting 10 to 12 inch groups at 50 yards , he put a faxon 7.5 barrel and it was night and day difference, still didn’t like heavy rounds but they were acceptable. But the barrel probably cost more than the whole upper .

45. Poor Man's Outdoors. on September 20, 2022 at 9:33 pm

I’m Planning to build a 7.5 inch barrel..however, besides the accuracy which we know its a pistol… Does it jam much when mag dumping ?

46. Metalheart880 on September 20, 2022 at 9:34 pm

Let’s be honest- a 7.5in barrel is not gonna be that accurate- not enough travel time in the barrel to spin the bullet. You’re not gonna get accuracy from a shorter barrel. What I hate- people think that it’s smaller and has the same attributes as a carbine or rifle. It doesn’t !!!

47. CGE Vlogs on September 20, 2022 at 9:34 pm

What type of grip is that on your sr

48. Gurus On Wheels on September 20, 2022 at 9:36 pm

lol, pistols are made for close combat not 100 yards …. this is not a rifle

49. M. BREWER on September 20, 2022 at 9:36 pm

In your intro it looks like the pistol is over gassed by the way your brass is deflecting.

50. BoomStick Tactical on September 20, 2022 at 9:36 pm