Ruger model 77 .357 Magnum Range 2

Ruger model 77 .357 Magnum Range 2

Enjoying the Ruger Model 77 .357 Magnum on Range 2. By the way, since we posted the first Model 77 video, this rifle has reappeared at the Ruger website.
Original Video with this rifle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_QKmTFNcpQ
———————— Please check out and support the people who help make this channel possible: BUD’s GUN SHOP, FEDERAL PREMIUM, SONORAN DESERT INSTITUTE, SILENCER CENTRAL, TALON GRIPS, & BALLISTOL: http://www.hickok45.com/supporters/
Become a Gong Club member at our Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/hickok45
Federal Premium: http://www.federalpremium.com/
SDI (Sonoran Desert Institute): http://www.sdi.edu/
Talon Grips: https://talongungrips.com/
Ballistol: https://ballistol.com/
ALSO, ALL our videos are on GunStreamer.com:
The short FAQ Videos playlist will answer most questions you have:

YouTube player

Find us on Hickok45 Twitter and Facebook, as well as “therealHickok45” on Instagram.

NOTE: All shooting in our videos is done by professional shooters for instructional and entertainment purposes, with an emphasis on safety and responsible gun ownership. Do not attempt to copy at home anything you see in our videos. Firearms can be extremely dangerous if not used safely.

1. 1n5ane1 on November 19, 2022 at 9:40 pm

The 357 Mag should have been a rifle cartridge, I know it’s a bit inflammatory to say but the 357 is wasteful when shot out of a handgun. You put the same round in a rifle length barrel and you can get almost 500Ft/s more velocity! Some 357 loads will get you very close to 30-30 energies when fired from a rifle. Very few chamberings will offer you 22lr-like shooting with the option to fire near 30-30 cartridges from the same gun.

2. Carl Weiderick on November 19, 2022 at 9:41 pm

Great video, as always! I just got one today in .44 mag. As always with Ruger it is a quality firearm.

3. Tom McGaw on November 19, 2022 at 9:42 pm

I wonder how well this rifle would work with thirty eight special ammunition. If it worked OK it would be a pretty good rifle for discrete pest removal using lightly loaded semi-wadcutter ammunition.

4. Krishan Aspect on November 19, 2022 at 9:43 pm

just got one in the UK- thanks to Hickok45 for convincing me!

5. Ralph Reagan on November 19, 2022 at 9:44 pm

love it when you shoot the two liters

6. Daniel Nelson on November 19, 2022 at 9:44 pm

Favorite rifle i own.

7. Stu650Zuk on November 19, 2022 at 9:45 pm

Glad to see this model back on the Ruger website. I know they are a bit pricey compared to their budget "American" series but I better get one while they are still available as new. It will complement my Ruger stainless 6" GP100 in .357 very nicely. I would have a great time with this light to carry rifle. I have a nice deer herd on my lease and quite a few mature bucks as well. I have no fear of taking down a 200lb+ buck with this rifle with good shot placement and the right bullet for the job out to 150-175yds. I told my son I want it for my 50th Birthday coming up very soon…hint hint..lol! A well made rifle that should last generations., too bad the .357 version isn’t offered in stainless and walnut also..Just glad it is available again. I sold a 77 MARK II chambered in .243 over 10yrs. ago,,big mistake. This .357 will make up for it as it will be a lot of fun to plink with, cheap to reload for, and have a lot of different uses..That is what makes a rifle good to me when its always in use and not just sitting in a cabinet all year. Then fired a few times before deer season. I like shooting my deer rifle with light bullets are groundhogs all summer. It gives one great confidence in your rifle and has made me a much better shooter doing it this way over the years.

8. Krishan Aspect on November 19, 2022 at 9:46 pm

Got it, love it

9. Rad Cowley on November 19, 2022 at 9:49 pm

So satisfying! I need one!

10. ZEUS O. on November 19, 2022 at 9:49 pm

Rugar: PLEASE make something like a 10/22 in .357 magnum with enough twist to stabilize heavy and monolithic bullets.

11. Mr. Rogers on November 19, 2022 at 9:50 pm

If they did I would buy one for sure.

12. brooke14100 on November 19, 2022 at 9:50 pm

Hickok, I haven’t found a review of rugers 44 mag carbine ! Does one exist?

13. Olad Bol on November 19, 2022 at 9:51 pm

I am liking this rifle everyday. I am a huge fan of paired rifle/handgun shared ammos. As soon as I find my way out if the liberal state I am getting 77-357 rifle with ruger 357 magnum revolver.

14. Imam Hariyanto on November 19, 2022 at 9:52 pm

Steady..

15. Southwest ORV on November 19, 2022 at 9:53 pm

Great video. Sweet little rifle.

16. Linton Hawes on November 19, 2022 at 9:54 pm

You got some crazy videos Mate!!

17. Heinrich Von Kekelnazi on November 19, 2022 at 9:55 pm

My mind took a bit to comprehend that this is a .357 Magnum -revolver round-trip bolt action. Caught me out of left field. I was trying to remember a .357 Magnum big game cartridge.

18. Jacob Harris on November 19, 2022 at 9:58 pm

Watched this after watching the first video.I really want one now, haha.

19. master man on November 19, 2022 at 9:58 pm

Hickhock is shooting a .357 mag like a .22lr

20. Vivek Rana on November 19, 2022 at 10:00 pm

I appreciate your hobby

21. Garrett Nisssn on November 19, 2022 at 10:01 pm

Do one in 44mag

22. Christopher Ch on November 19, 2022 at 10:01 pm

👍❤👍

23. Leeman on November 19, 2022 at 10:02 pm

The last time I took out my Henry Lever .357 Mag X-Carbine – I fired some hot hand loads and picked off a clay pigeon parked on the 200m berm, 3rd try, iron sights, standing.
    – I wish I was that lucky all the time.

24. DaebakMonkey on November 19, 2022 at 10:02 pm

Anybody else agree that the range looks so strange without any close-range targets?!

25. steven Lamar on November 19, 2022 at 10:03 pm

Is this gun accurate?

26. leftcoaster67 on November 19, 2022 at 10:04 pm

You’re too hard on yourself. Have a coffee when you’re done. Just relax and enjoy. 🙂

27. Calvin Brown on November 19, 2022 at 10:07 pm

Did you mean Tulsa Oklahoma

28. mlindsay527 on November 19, 2022 at 10:08 pm

Pop that scope off, Hickok!

29. Brett Hovey on November 19, 2022 at 10:08 pm

I own one and absolutely love it. Mainly use it for close range pig work instead of using the higher powered rifle like the 7.62×39 and 6.5×55

30. Triple G on November 19, 2022 at 10:12 pm

I bought one of these when they first came out. it is an absolutely wonderful firearm. It will shoot any 38/357 but I use 140gr FTX (handloads) at 1650 fps. They will drop a big buck or hog, guaranteed.

31. Michael Norman on November 19, 2022 at 10:12 pm

I used to own one of these. The rotary magazine was a pain in the behind to get in and out. Otherwise it was a very good rifle. I traded it in on something else because of the magazine.

32. Bee American on November 19, 2022 at 10:14 pm

I had the Ruger to 70 you can get some distance with that one

33. Michael Norman on November 19, 2022 at 10:17 pm

I used to own one of these. I liked it but the magazine was a pain in the bee-hind to get out from under the rifle. Would make for a tense reloading situation in a shootout. Nice rifle but if they have revamped the magazine to make it easier to reload,then I may get another one.

34. Michael C on November 19, 2022 at 10:18 pm

Man… that looks fun. I loved my dad’s M77 in 7mm mag

35. Shawn Romwell on November 19, 2022 at 10:19 pm

I’ve never seen his glasses so close to the camera, with magnification like that it’s no wonder he can hit targets at long range.

36. Concerned Patriot on November 19, 2022 at 10:19 pm

Through a rifle at 100 yards the .357 has the same power/ energy as a .44 magnum pistols muzzle. Just saying.

37. Nipon Thaibreaker hammer on November 19, 2022 at 10:20 pm

Thnk somuch

38. Silver Light Fox on November 19, 2022 at 10:20 pm

I just got one!!! Awesome rifle in my opinion

39. hickok45 on November 19, 2022 at 10:27 pm

See description. Ruger has started making this rifle again; it’s on their website.

40. Mik G on November 19, 2022 at 10:27 pm

Great shooting…….what is the distance ?

41. thelocustemperor on November 19, 2022 at 10:28 pm

357 magnum might as well be 350 horses, it’s all you need to have a blast!!

42. Glen Pope on November 19, 2022 at 10:30 pm

,would be great if it was available left-handed bolt for Ohio deer season don’t need long-range round for my area just accurate bullet placement plus use it on varmints with 38s wadcutters

43. João Vitor Ortolan on November 19, 2022 at 10:30 pm

Hickok please make a video about ACR gun,Galera, help with some like in this comment for him to see

44. Data on November 19, 2022 at 10:30 pm

44 found in local pawn shop nib

45. AdirondackBuzzard on November 19, 2022 at 10:31 pm

While there are nice rifles, the MSRP is $999, I can get a Henry Big Boy .357 that holds 10 rounds for the rifle, 7 for the carbine with the steel version and they can take a scope for $850 MSRP. The problem with the .357 round is that it is maybe good for 100-150 yards tops out of a rifle practically although you can stretch it. Nice gun, but would rather get a Henry.

46. MarinePilot572 on November 19, 2022 at 10:32 pm

This, or a 5.56 bolt gun?

47. James Calhoun on November 19, 2022 at 10:32 pm

Thank you Hickok for the chapter 2 on this rifle ! what an awesome deer rifle for the southern deer woods . I have mine set up with a Nikon 2-7x 32 mm and I have been very pleased at the accuracy and punch it has at distance with this very load .

48. Mr Wilson on November 19, 2022 at 10:33 pm

I bought that same rifle in 2015 for my wife to deer hunt with. She shot her first buck on opening day that year. I have shot two does with it as well. Good shooter for sure. Indiana lets us use rifles now, knowing that I would have got her a .243. Nonetheless it’s been a good gun and she really likes it.
    Love your videos