Savage Impulse: Top Quality for an Affordable Price

Savage Impulse: Top Quality for an Affordable Price

Enjoy my videos? Consider supporting me on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/USOG
Today I have the new Savage Impulse to test and review! We’ll compare it to other straight pull bolt actions including the Heym SR30, the Mauser M96, and the Blaser R93. These are all great rifles, but the Savage Impulse is simply remarkable! It is quick, smooth, accurate and all in an attractive, unique looking package that gives you a comfortable military feel. I even demonstrate the Savage Impulse in action so make sure you stick around for the entire video! If you want more USOG content you can follow the links below. Thanks for watching!
Music: https://www.bensound.com

1. pseudopetrus on August 20, 2022 at 8:08 pm

Good shooting Mike!

2. peter saika on August 20, 2022 at 8:12 pm

Great video. Totally floored me discovering you are Canadian. I don’t know why but it did.

3. Rupert McNaught Davis on August 20, 2022 at 8:13 pm

Think I’ll go with the Heym.

4. Raymond Mellor on August 20, 2022 at 8:14 pm

POF was first to produce straight pull. It’s called the Revolt. I love mine. All you do is pull bolt back and then bolt cycles forward by itself

5. Fred Bartlett on August 20, 2022 at 8:15 pm

What about us left-hand shooters,how easy is it to make it left-hand

6. Bear Foot Bowhunter on August 20, 2022 at 8:20 pm

Would ther be any way to slick the action up any for a 2500-3000 gun it seems vary gritty

7. Kevin Hugill on August 20, 2022 at 8:20 pm

Of course the savage is more military….. It’s American

8. Martin Peruski on August 20, 2022 at 8:21 pm

Not a fan of strait pull. Seems dangerous.

9. axiom2021 on August 20, 2022 at 8:21 pm

Which Savage Impulse model did you review? There is a Hog, a Predator, Big Game and I believe one or two other models.

10. Max Power on August 20, 2022 at 8:21 pm

I always enjoy your videos. Regards from Australia.

11. Oldhogleg on August 20, 2022 at 8:22 pm

I wander how many rounds can be shot before your head spacing extends beyond spec from ware on the sides and edges of the locking recesses. In contrast the Blaser collet locking straight pull action isn’t prone to drifting head space.

12. zing913945 on August 20, 2022 at 8:23 pm

I enjoyed this very well made video of a really different rifle with very unique features. Thanks

13. Peter on August 20, 2022 at 8:23 pm

Hope Canadians keep there guns and get ride of antis

14. Yeoman on August 20, 2022 at 8:24 pm

Why do Savage bolts always make that snowsuit sound (ziiiiiip)

15. Gladius on August 20, 2022 at 8:24 pm

You should have told what a brazen copycat this is.

16. Lenz Adlberger on August 20, 2022 at 8:26 pm

@USOG try to get your Hands on a Steel Action Hs the Action is a dream (i have mine since last Saturday) it shoots like a dream 5 Shot groups in .308 Win. at 100 Meter under 15mm with Cheap Geco Fabric Ammo

17. BMXMXMETAL on August 20, 2022 at 8:26 pm

That’s a nice rifle. Seriously considering one

18. Landcruiser Chewy on August 20, 2022 at 8:27 pm

I can’t get a 30-06 fast enough! Can’t wait! Great videos full of info. You’re on my radar now as a fellow Canadian!

19. chris glover on August 20, 2022 at 8:27 pm

Just from the look of the inside of the stock it might be eaiser stock to glass bed

20. Monkey Guy80 on August 20, 2022 at 8:29 pm

Nice Review Vid 🙂👍🏼

21. CSLFiero on August 20, 2022 at 8:29 pm

a long time ago I remember finding your channel because you appeared to be the only person in america crazy enough to spend the $$$ to import all those straight pulls.. if I recall, didn’t you also bring in a kreigoff sempiro? i suspect you may be one of maybe a dozen people to have one here.

22. nevetsgray on August 20, 2022 at 8:30 pm

I hope that this rifle sells so well that Browning brings the Maral to North America

23. North49 on August 20, 2022 at 8:30 pm

British Columbia is my backyard too! Nice video review, very informative. Been researching past couple weeks, started out on the Bergara HMR 300 Win Mag ( did not like the 90 degree bolt action ), was just settling on the Browning X-Bolt Long Range 300 Win Mag ( liked the 60 degree bolt action ) Just came across your video on the Savage You have thrown a curve ball into the decision. Just moving from my Savage 30-06 stainless Weather Warrior. With success of my 2012 Savage 30-06, think I will carry on with Savage Straight Bolt. Thank you!!! Liked and Sub’d

24. Aboto H Zhimomi on August 20, 2022 at 8:33 pm

How I wish to have a look around your gun collection.

25. Steve douglas on August 20, 2022 at 8:34 pm

The synthetic stocks are probably nice and strong, but I wish I liked them. A gun is not just ax tool, they’re a work of art, and plastic just doesn’t cut it.

26. Tucker Dale on August 20, 2022 at 8:35 pm

Given your experience with this rifle what caliber would you recommend for an all around shooter?

27. reed scott on August 20, 2022 at 8:35 pm

Thank you for such an excellent and informative video. I do wish you had mentioned the apx prices of the European rifles you showed. Also you skipped over the ‘Accustock’ of the Impulse which is proprietary to Savage and a truly high functioning method of mating stock to rifle. I have one of the first Accustock rifles Savage sold and it the most accurate rifle I have ever owned. Thanks again. I will be subscribing to your channel.

28. johnny saechao on August 20, 2022 at 8:35 pm

Wow love your gun collection! Beautiful rifles

29. Spruce Bug on August 20, 2022 at 8:36 pm

It would be nice to see your opinion on Beretta’s BRX1

30. William Wood on August 20, 2022 at 8:37 pm

If I had to pick only one, would 308 or 6.5 Creedmore be a better bullet??

31. Cato on August 20, 2022 at 8:39 pm

How does this compare to the Steel action? Did you ever get one?

32. Tanker on August 20, 2022 at 8:40 pm

I often reload and I don’t full resize my cases having said that there are occasions when I need to wedge the bolt in order to seat the bullet.I wonder how a straight pull would perform in this situation.

33. Lenz Adlberger on August 20, 2022 at 8:42 pm

😉 as a German i Say Savage has stolen the good Locking System of a Heym SR30 that is build Since around puh 22 years i dont know exactly and sell it as new 😀 dont go with the Copy buy a Original handmade Heym and you get the better Gun

34. yunas saxer on August 20, 2022 at 8:46 pm

great!

35. GlockMod23 on August 20, 2022 at 8:48 pm

Rumors has it changing Barrels are coming / if true I’ll be buying the Rifle and different Barrels. Thanks for the video 👍

36. Marty Hipp on August 20, 2022 at 8:51 pm

Great review. I was thinking with this action it would be better as a Scout rifle. Would be good in bear country.

37. m v on August 20, 2022 at 8:52 pm

I got one of these in .308 was skeptical of how I’d like it. Bore sighted it and fired it 8 rounds to sight it in, each time I got more familiar with the action. As for accuracy, was low 1st two shots (from bore sighting) then my mistake turning turret the wrong way and worked it up with the next three. Once on, put the last 3 in a spot the size of a dime. I really like the rifle the more I get familiar with it.

38. Juliet Alpha on August 20, 2022 at 8:53 pm

Kind of looks like a artillery piece. Pretty cool

39. 500asquare on August 20, 2022 at 8:54 pm

Thank you .
    I know the bold can be switched over to the the LH side which makes it interesting.
    I wondered about accuracy.
    Maybe I’ll have to talk to Reliable because P&D is not on the ball 😁

40. J. D. on August 20, 2022 at 8:54 pm

I just wish that they’d make a switch barrel version like the Sauer, Blaser, etc.

41. Review This Test That on August 20, 2022 at 8:56 pm

Rtfm the barrel is made to change or watch savages video on the product lmao

42. Steve douglas on August 20, 2022 at 8:59 pm

Nice action, but the bolt handle is wood. Looks like a kitchen tool.

43. heidigib01 on August 20, 2022 at 8:59 pm

For a woman with desire for low recoil rifle would you recommend the savage? I have some handguns and a 10/22. I’d like to have a rifle but unfortunately know little about them. Basically for property protection and possibly some hunting.

44. Bear Foot Bowhunter on August 20, 2022 at 9:00 pm

This vs a markle helex ?

45. Kenneth Bailey on August 20, 2022 at 9:01 pm

Excellent video as usual. I’ve been thinking about one ever since I read about them. Right now I have a Browning BAR Safari grade on order so I guess I’ll have to wait until next year to get an Impulse. I just bought a custom rifle in 30/378 Wby. I don’t shoot at game at extreme range but I love to shoot steel at extreme range. This rifle should be a good competitor to my benchrest rifle. I will use it for elk hunting in certain places and perhaps Alaska someday, Lord willing.

46. Robert Rivera on August 20, 2022 at 9:02 pm

Nice video.

47. Rupert McNaught Davis on August 20, 2022 at 9:04 pm

Agree about the sights on the Savage.

48. Tony549 on August 20, 2022 at 9:04 pm

Thanks for the review. I want one! My spouse will be rolling her eyeballs, but in fairness, she’s remodeling the kitchen, which will cost $$$$$$, so the cost of the Impulse will be just a minor blip in the budget.

49. John Redcorn on August 20, 2022 at 9:05 pm

Been waiting for these to become more available. Only decision left to make is what caliber i want it in. Lol. I really wish they made it in 7mm RemMag but as of right now they dont

50. Jim Shady on August 20, 2022 at 9:06 pm

Might have to sell my bar safari to buy one of these. Not sure yet