Should You Buy Ammo At Gun Shows?

Should You Buy Ammo At Gun Shows?

As we’ve watched gun shows improve in 2022, has ammunition cost at Gun Shows gone down FINALLY?!

NEW GFG Merchandise: https://www.bonfire.com/store/god-family–guns/

Your support is critical to our mission and channel. Please consider becoming a GFG patron. ANY level of support is appreciated! http://www.patreon.com/godfamilyandguns

Our website offers a link to submit prayer requests.http://www.godfamilyandguns.org

FOLLOW GFG ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM!
@God Family and Guns
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/godfamilyandguns/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/godfamilyguns/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxFgFKxa3SD1WIZWmBRGEhg

@History of Weapons

@Car Classics

1. CC Rider on September 22, 2022 at 8:25 pm

They’re price gouging for sure. Boycott by stop buying ! We should do the same thing with any product stop buying and the price will have to come down or the manufacture and merchant Of any product We’ll have to go down or they’ll go out of business!

2. Blaine Schuttler on September 22, 2022 at 8:28 pm

Been buying ammo throughout the plandemic from local stores and just keeping an eye on their weekly sales. No problem finding 9mm for $20 or less for a box of 50 ball ammo. Just got 5.56 for $600 for 1000 rounds…just keep your eyes out for a deal and be prepared to buy at the time it’s available. Also limit your calibers to buy deep on. Some have been a problem for 2+ years like 6.5 Creedmore, 45 Auto, 357 Mag.

3. Chris Snider on September 22, 2022 at 8:29 pm

I am headed to a gun show in the morning. WoW! That’s way too much. Frederick Maryland. I will follow up with prices.

4. lckgilmo43 on September 22, 2022 at 8:31 pm

It’s the same con artist driving around and buying all the ammo during the pandemic. Their rip off con artist.

5. william greene on September 22, 2022 at 8:34 pm

I reload for everything and don’t see running out of my supplies for years to come.

6. Veryl Weimer on September 22, 2022 at 8:36 pm

They will continue to price gouge as long as there are those willing to buy. If you can get $1.50 a round why would you sell for less?

7. jbsmith966 on September 22, 2022 at 8:37 pm

we have been over this – do NOT EXPECT prices to come down after the consumers have proven themselves willing to pay these higher prices. Profit is what it is all about.
    not one merchant is in the guns and ammo business to save you money LOL

8. Ron Ball on September 22, 2022 at 8:38 pm

Short answer is NO…..

9. JMGeronimo on September 22, 2022 at 8:39 pm

Our local Rural kings have been well stocked. Just picked up 90gr 380 at 15 bucks per 50 , Walmart has had birdshot 12 ga at 34 per 100(used to be 22)

10. Stephen Thomas on September 22, 2022 at 8:40 pm

Yesterday in Central Florida, I saw 200 .223 for $100.

11. Catfish Cameron on September 22, 2022 at 8:40 pm

Some of the least accurate pistol ammo I’ve ever used was from a gun show

12. TJ Levi on September 22, 2022 at 8:41 pm

Someone is smoking crack with those prices….

13. Ohio Gentlemen Arms on September 22, 2022 at 8:42 pm

My local gun shows are terrible

14. Light Weight on September 22, 2022 at 8:43 pm

These ammo vendors are the ones who bought all the ammo up during the shortage. Now they’re trying to cash in. Let ’em eat it. I’m not seeing everything I need, but what I can find prices are trending downward. Not pre-pandemic but nothing, absolutely nothing, will ever be pre pandemic prices again. Thanks for nothing Joe.

15. lpd1snipe on September 22, 2022 at 8:43 pm

I haven’t bought ammunition since Obama was inaugurated. Prior to that I had been buying ammo every payday. I still shoot once a month and Hunt every season. My grandchildren aren’t going to run out.

16. Mark Tryer on September 22, 2022 at 8:44 pm

If you pay cash for ammo it’s not traceable and nobody knows that your stockpiling it.

17. Bruce Young on September 22, 2022 at 8:45 pm

The Gun Shows in North Carolina are not seeing those prices at all. 9mm FMJ boxes of (50) go for $18.00, 380 FMJ boxes of (50) go for $25.00, 40 S & W FMJ boxes of (50) go for $25.00 and 45 auto FMJ boxes of (50) go for $30.00. Since the ammo is readily available now, the prices of the above rounds are normally cheaper than retail stores. The other pistol ammo, 38 spcl, 44mag, 45 colt, 5.7 x 28, any 32’s, 25 auto, 357 mag or 10mm, the prices vary but not outrageous like before. The rifle ammo is not outrageous as it was a year ago. The rimfire ammo is not outrageous as it was a year ago either. Academy Sports and Bass Pro/Cabela’s have lost their minds at the prices they are charging now for retail. I say if you come to a Gun Show in North Carolina, you CAN get better deals than buying from the retailers.

18. Chasin Shade on September 22, 2022 at 8:45 pm

Buy ammo where you get a good deal. Gun show, online, LGS. Go for the best deals.

19. Saltwater Saddle Tramp on September 22, 2022 at 8:47 pm

Most of these gun show sellers are purchasing their ammo retail at big box stores. They take it to a gun show or flea market and try to double their money.

20. Chris Rogers on September 22, 2022 at 8:47 pm

Only time I will go to the shows would be to look for a specialty item. Mostly a flea market.thanks for the update and advice,have a blessed day.

21. lad300 on September 22, 2022 at 8:48 pm

Way cheaper in East Tenn.

22. Rose King on September 22, 2022 at 8:48 pm

We had a gun show in my home town for the first time in 7 or so years last weekend around the 1st of August. Alot of the ammo i saw there was actually cheaper than ive seen everywhere else. Not by a landslide but it still was. For example a box of 50 9mm fmj was about $19 from one dealer. And another had some real cheap 22wmr

23. manifestation and law of Attraction on September 22, 2022 at 8:49 pm

I buy mine now at the gun stores only and pay only cash that way Biden and his communist friends cant track how much ammo i have nor the cal it is.

24. MDpolo Gun Channel on September 22, 2022 at 8:51 pm

I don’t attend gun shows anymore. It used to be the place to find a wide selection of firearms that I would normally not find a gun shop. It used to also be a place to make deals and find ammo at lower prices. For the last couple of years, it seems to be more booths with hand-woven purses, beef jerky, candles and holsters than firearms. And at least the shows locally, the prices of ammo borderline on price gouging. So I stopped going. It’s a shame because it was one of my favorite things to attend. Thank you very much for your videos and God bless.

25. Onry Codger on September 22, 2022 at 8:52 pm

Nope! Not gonna pay those ridiculous prices. Not today…..tomorrow….ever!

26. john mirbach on September 22, 2022 at 8:54 pm

🤓👍🖖👌✌😎

27. wegmandan on September 22, 2022 at 8:54 pm

I just paid 119 for 338 Lapua mag and a box of 45/70 for 50. Only because it was the first time I had seen it in a while.

28. TheUnknownKnows on September 22, 2022 at 8:55 pm

In my area? Only if you’re well-off. It’s VERY jacked up at S. FL gun shows.

29. Tracey Guenther on September 22, 2022 at 8:56 pm

nope

30. Brian Fajkus on September 22, 2022 at 8:59 pm

The only time I bought ammo at a gun show was in early 90’s when I bought my Norinco Mak 90 and some ammo and magazines to go with it. I’ve always pictured the ammo at gun shows along with powder and primers being stored in hot containers or vans of some type and uncontrolled temps year round.

31. francisco haro on September 22, 2022 at 9:00 pm

Where the hell did you go? Ammo in California wasn’t even that much. What a bunch of crap!!

32. JK Firearms on September 22, 2022 at 9:01 pm

We are a Small FIrearms Dealer in MN. We attend and sell at all the MN Gun shows, In all Honesty.. WE DO NOT Mark up prices on Ammo beyond what is current market prices of ammo, Now… With that said, We always check online dealer pricing as well as big box stores to make sure we are competitive with our pricing. We do not sell ammo to make $100’s of dollars, We sell it as a one stop shop so customer does not have go else else and make a second purchase. It’s more of a convenience for us to make sure our buys get everything in one stop. It saves them time, Money and Shipping costs. We cannot compete with big box stores on pricing as we cannot buy huge quantities to get the same pricing break. We hope that guns shows else where do not give all gun shows a bad name. The ones here in MN we attend and sell at are fairly priced, and if someone is over priced, Well… We hope they dont sell anything and everyone comes to our booths.
    Love your content! stay safe!

33. Kurt von Francois on September 22, 2022 at 9:02 pm

If you shoot more than a handfull of rounds per year, you shoul be a reloader…

I actually got my Lymann reloading kit before I got my first centre fire firearm. (a .45ACP 1911)

Savings are huge. Especially for hangun calibres where you can cast the bullets as well.

34. Robert Chichitano on September 22, 2022 at 9:02 pm

Great advise, I hope everyone listens!

35. Gordon Vanderelst on September 22, 2022 at 9:02 pm

That would be a no… did once and had nothing but problems with it. Had a casing blow out the side. It was a local remanufacture

36. megarouge61 on September 22, 2022 at 9:02 pm

I wonder if a lot of the gun show dealers had purchased and hoarded this
    "now available" ammo at the inflated prices and are trying to recoup their investment?

37. Larry on September 22, 2022 at 9:03 pm

I assume people buying ammo at gun shows near me don’t have internet.

38. Daniel Smith on September 22, 2022 at 9:03 pm

In Cali LAX ammo at a gun show had reloads, nice quality .40 a round. 250 $100.00 plus tax and background fee. 9mm.

39. Thomas Smith on September 22, 2022 at 9:03 pm

I go to the Jamil Show in Columbia, SC. Usually most dealers are reasonable, but in the next to last week of July everything was unreasonably high. This is the first time I walked out of there empty handed. If they are that high toward the end of year, I probably want go back for quite some time.

40. David Owens on September 22, 2022 at 9:05 pm

Try coming to the Tulsa gun show at the fair grounds in Tulsa whenever they have the next one! It’s the way it should be! From guns, ammo, armor plates, scops, attachments and much much more!

41. ken gruver on September 22, 2022 at 9:05 pm

Last couple of times I’ve gone to the local gun show the prices at the gun show has been higher than what I can get online, even if I have to pay for shipping. But I buy in bulk 500+ so shipping is usually free (are already included in the price).

42. Mark White on September 22, 2022 at 9:06 pm

Our local gun show refused to gouge us on ammo beause there was none for sale. I paid $7 to look at arrowheads, storm windows and home made jewlry. I literally spent 10 minutes in there and left saying "never again."

43. Sheltma on September 22, 2022 at 9:07 pm

Marshall Munitions (from WA state) makes GREAT new ammo and sells at very fair prices and they will be at the Nampa, Idaho show Sept 17 and 18th. Or just search them online. Not reloads – factory new ammo from a solid manufacture. You’re welcome.

44. koonjar on September 22, 2022 at 9:13 pm

Idk what kinda gun shows these are omg that’s highway robbery !!

45. Yackity Yack on September 22, 2022 at 9:13 pm

I purchase 357 and.38 ammo at my local gun store and save the brass. I have a buddy that charges me .10 a round to reload it. I don’t have any semiautomatic firearms anymore but I have a ton of 9mm hollow points and fmjs. I also have about 5 thousand rounds of 5.56 but my son has several AR-15 ries so I guess I’ll just keep it in case he needs it at some point, or maybe he’ll build me an AR…lol

46. Russel Sellick on September 22, 2022 at 9:13 pm

I recently bought a lot of 9mm ball ammo in South Africa 600 at R 5 a round and 400 at R 4 each. The rand dollar exchange is roughly 16/1 so that’s 30c+ approximately… That’s crazy. As for other peoples reloads? Only to take apart and start again…

47. Luis Uriostegui on September 22, 2022 at 9:17 pm

Im never going to a gun show again after all the price gauging fuck them thats where all the ammo resalers went to sell

48. Marty C on September 22, 2022 at 9:17 pm

There are many vendors who are selling FACTORY SEALED cases of ammo. My company has purchased Factory Ammo at local shows for years with NEVER a problem. Maybe my area is different but NO issues here!!! As far as prices go, 9mm for example is about $13-$15 per box of 50 rounds FMJ 115 / 124 grain.

49. An Angry Ranger on September 22, 2022 at 9:20 pm

Have avoided gun shows like the plague in the last decade or more. I don’t want beef jerky, a teeshirt, or new windows for the house.

50. Anthony K Byars on September 22, 2022 at 9:22 pm

I bought some 7.62×39 at acadamy a while back. I paid $200 for 550 rounds. Two weeks later. I saw the exact same box at a show and he wanted $300. I just laughed and walked away. I also, just bought some 9mm ammo this past weekend. I sit there and calculate the price and quantity. I basically paid 40 cents a round.