Sig Sauer P250–Fun With Modularity

Sig Sauer P250–Fun With Modularity

This video demonstrates experimentation with the Sig Sauer P250 caliber and size conversion.
It involves mixing different sized slides and/or barrels with different sized grip frames. It demonstrates what would happen if attempting to shoot a 9mm with a 40s&w magazine or vice versa.
It attempts to find out if one can change from 9mm to 40s&w by just swapping barrels.
It demonstrates putting a full-sized magazine into a sub-compact magazine well.

I just validated shooting with all of the combos shown in the video and they worked. However, unlike the part where I put the .40S&W spring with the 9mm barrel, I instead used the 9mm spring and 9mm barrel in the .40S&W slide.

1. bgomusicco on November 22, 2022 at 9:49 pm

I’m glade your showing this. Yes, all parts will mix and match and funtion. I use a compact frame with a fullsize slide. I also use a subcompact with a compact berral.

2. Kurtis Ellis on November 22, 2022 at 9:49 pm

have you considered installing the full frame on the subcompact and hacking off the excess rail??? subcompact frame with 17+1???

3. 556DOS45 on November 22, 2022 at 9:49 pm

@bgomusicco sweet. im thinking about getting a couple 250’s now. becuz i wanna thread a full size barrel (4.7") and stick it into a compact 250. then throw a suppressor on that bad boy 🙂
    how has your reliability been with a compact frame on a full size slide? jams?
    have you tried a sub compact frame on a compact slide?

4. mickeyblack187 on November 22, 2022 at 9:51 pm

I’ve noticed you have a steel guide rod in you’re gun any feedback on how that’s working out for you?

5. Chris Wilkening on November 22, 2022 at 9:53 pm

If you have the .40 barrel in and insert a 9mm mag loaded with 9mm, the round will be held in place and will fire. It will probably not cycle correctly because the smaller case will expand in the .40 chamber and likely get stuck.

6. 556DOS45 on November 22, 2022 at 9:53 pm

@JeepDragon0 you get a suppressor by doing the paperwork at a FFL III dealer and sending a $200 check to the ATF (non-refundable).
    then you wait a couple months while the ATF does a thorough background check. when youre approved you buy a suppressor through your FFL dealer. but youre not done yet. the dealer sends the serial numbers to the ATF. then the ATF sends back a license for that suppressor. you will also need clearance from your local sheriff.

7. JeepDragon0 on November 22, 2022 at 9:55 pm

@556DOS45 That sounds like a cool idea. Is it easy to get a suppressor? I haven’t been shooting in a long time. I have never tried shooting with mixed slides, grips and barrels. Maybe next time I go shooting, I can try with different combinations, then add annotations in this video verifying if any of them worked.

8. JeepDragon0 on November 22, 2022 at 9:56 pm

@556DOS45 Nope. I haven’t been shooting since like the beginning of the summer. Back then, I never thought of mixing different sized grips and slides.

9. bgomusicco on November 22, 2022 at 10:00 pm

The .45acp mags are a differant size then the other 3. Full size mags fit subs and compacts too.

10. 556DOS45 on November 22, 2022 at 10:02 pm

@JeepDragon0 shooting with the different slide/grip/barrel combinations is very appealing to me.
    the setup i want to have is a compact frame with large grip, full size barrel (threaded) in a compact slide!
    im gonna buy a Sig P250… with the wife’s permission of course.
    i actually like double action triggers. i like the constant resistance they give to my trigger finger! they dont feel like a plastic toy!
    let us know if you shoot with the sub-compact frame and full size barrel. im curious.

11. JeepDragon0 on November 22, 2022 at 10:06 pm

@blitzkrug The 2sum set and the caliber x-change kits all came with steel guide rods. As far as I know, all the new Sig P250s have steel guide rods. The older model had plastic ones. I just looked at the Sig Sauer website and I can’t find a way to order a guide rod. If you want one, you may need to call Sig Sauer to see if you can order a steel guide rod.

12. robalan57 on November 22, 2022 at 10:14 pm

It might be better to just buy a Glock and some Wolf conversion barrels.

13. bgomusicco on November 22, 2022 at 10:21 pm

I have never had any problems with them. As for the threaded berral, you can get them from sig. The compact slide and a cut down fullsize frame is my favorite. I got about 2300 rounds through my compact. 2 ftf and one time it locked in battery, a little bit of a nuge and it came free.

14. blitzkrug on November 22, 2022 at 10:30 pm

Is that a steel guide rod for the spring? where did you get that and where can I Get one!

15. Jeff Richards on November 22, 2022 at 10:31 pm

Where can you get the various slides from? I want to have the option of sub compact and compact.

16. Troy Thompson on November 22, 2022 at 10:33 pm

I like the sub-compact with the compact mag and spacer. Midway USA has them on sale at present

17. 556DOS45 on November 22, 2022 at 10:38 pm

kool gun!
    have you verified firing it with the sub compact frame and the full size slide?
    im curious becuz it would make a good ccw setup.

18. A GOOGLE USER on November 22, 2022 at 10:38 pm

Very interesting. Thanks for the video.

19. DarkSpirit on November 22, 2022 at 10:40 pm

So as you me video that you will try to shoot 9mm with 9mm barrel on 40s&w slide. Have you ? Is that successful scenario?

20. Doc on November 22, 2022 at 10:43 pm

I would say you have to much time on your hands…But what a great way to spend it if you have the time available!  Interesting Video, thanks