Sig Sauer SIG716i TREAD

Sig Sauer SIG716i TREAD

The Sig Sauer 716i TREAD takes the proven design of the SIG516 and upgraded it with the heavier hitting 7.62 NATO cartridge. This direct impingement AR-platform comes equipped with a full-length flattop Picatinny rail with more than enough space for the installation of sights, scopes, optics, and accessories. Its 16 inch carbon steel barrel has a 1:10 twist rate and an adjustable gas block for tuning the rifle to the users ammunition preference. In addition, the carbine length buffer tube comes with a MAGPUL MOE SL-K telescoping carbine stock.

Sig Sauer 716i TREAD Rifle: https://bit.ly/3xgXzgW

EuroOptic Gear: https://bit.ly/2VLpp4P

Visit www.EuroOptic.com for more information

Follow us on Instagram: https://bit.ly/2zFKZ1Z

Like us on Facebook: https://bit.ly/2SfY7B4

Join our Mailing list for the latest news, promos and specials!!

1. Mason Harriman on January 24, 2023 at 1:36 am

8+ lb trigger seems too heavy. Sounds like a spring swap is needed. Big fan of the rest! Thanks for reviewing it!

2. Matt Vanourney on January 24, 2023 at 1:45 am

Thats a handy rifle. I think you forgot to mention the tapered muzzle shoulder.

3. chris barry on January 24, 2023 at 1:45 am

Sig makes a great rifle. The 308 is my next one. I hope. Cbguns@comcast.net

4. Mr. C on January 24, 2023 at 1:46 am

Very nice rifle and I plan on getting one.

5. aLLsTaR*617* on January 24, 2023 at 1:47 am

Wish I could buy one, but unfortunately I’m not allowed to living in the Commiewealth of Massachusetts!!

6. Dial 0 for Operator on January 24, 2023 at 1:49 am

Just remember this is NOT the SIG 716G2. It’s a great starter AR10, but not near the build and quality of the 716G2.

7. Caleb Clark on January 24, 2023 at 1:50 am

Does it have an adjustable gas block ?

8. R M on January 24, 2023 at 1:51 am

“Home Defense” lol. You can take out the bad guy in your house and the bad guy in your neighbor’s house with one round lol

9. LivetoShoot on January 24, 2023 at 1:52 am

.308 for home defense?! Lol..

10. Frank Wood on January 24, 2023 at 1:52 am

Stock trigger is just fine

11. Gentry J. Pitts on January 24, 2023 at 1:52 am

That’s a nice smooth and simple weapon. What are some of the better scopes for this weapon?

12. Croak on January 24, 2023 at 1:52 am

I reckon that military contracts were in mind (talking about you, India) when they spec’d that trigger weight.

13. Josh Eckard on January 24, 2023 at 1:53 am

Personally I am always interested in seeing what other guys are running for their hunting, PRS or even long range 22 builds. So a comparison between different rifles for the same purpose within your company would be awesome or even different videos breaking down different personalized setups between employees would garnish my views.

But that is my 2 cents. On another note, I do have a working email, need a new pair of sunglasses and love your content! 😎

Keep up the videos and I am sure your audience will continue to grow!

14. I am on January 24, 2023 at 1:53 am

Ballistic helmets

15. Corey Vogel on January 24, 2023 at 1:55 am

I use my 716i to hunt and have harvested 6 or so axis this year. I have matched it with with the Sig Sierra3 4.5-14x50x/Kilo1800 range finder. I never had had any major issue with the trigger and like another guy has said, it does seem to lighten up. I have had no issue getting sub moa with Federal 168g Berger Hybrid.

Great gun and greater value for the price in my opinion.

16. Controlled Chaos on January 24, 2023 at 1:55 am

Is that Qtip ?

17. Bill Richardson on January 24, 2023 at 1:55 am

Well That brought very close to buying this sig. LOL 71 YO and first sig in April, Now 3 pistols and most likely a rifle.

18. Adam Deichert on January 24, 2023 at 1:57 am

This would get a Trigger (Geissele), a 4-12×50 Swarovski Z3 BT, and a 45° Cant Mount with a Red Dot (either SIG or Leupold) from me…

19. JMH on January 24, 2023 at 1:58 am

You should start by advertising what MSRP is for the items you showcase. Also I would like to see the Christensen Arms CA9MM showcased. Keep up the great work!

20. LRPrecision Shooting on January 24, 2023 at 2:02 am

Absolutely great rifle and another great addition to the Tread lineup. Do wish it was offered in an 18" and even 20" barrel models. Hoping that EuroOptic will also offer the combo with the bundled 4.5-14×44 Sierra 3 BDX Scope.

21. Wo Chi on January 24, 2023 at 2:02 am

I LOVE MY 716 no complaints 🤠

22. Jon Stuck on January 24, 2023 at 2:02 am

Nice to see Sig continuing to make great products.

23. Aaron Wade on January 24, 2023 at 2:03 am

Any problems with rounds ejecting or not ejecting?

24. Barry Winn on January 24, 2023 at 2:07 am

Nice solid rifle . I still like the 308. What is the twist rate ?? WHAT is the price// bwinn@wbcci.com

25. Michael Adams on January 24, 2023 at 2:08 am

I love this rifle, don’t have the Tread version.

26. K M on January 24, 2023 at 2:10 am

Wow

27. Isaias Carrillo on January 24, 2023 at 2:10 am

Love this rifle. How does it differ from the sig 516 besides being a 30 caliber.

28. Vanessa JazP on January 24, 2023 at 2:14 am

Just bought one of these and took it to the range for the first time. The trigger is fairly stiff. You may want to consider replacing that. And if you have more sensitive shoulders like I do, you may want to consider getting a cushion for the butt and/or a muzzle brake. It definitely kicks with some authority.

Otherwise, nice and accurate once you get your sights zeroed.

29. J M on January 24, 2023 at 2:15 am

$12 JP Enterprise trigger spring kit would solve the 8# trigger issue. Proprietary parts are then the only ‘potential’ issue going forward for the rest of the rifle. Hope to have one soon!

30. Kythe Stillwell on January 24, 2023 at 2:16 am

Good looking rifle. Price is decent

31. Jeff Passmore on January 24, 2023 at 2:17 am

Great video. Thanks for the pros and cons. It’d be interesting to me to see a combo rig for mountain hunting and long range target hunting. Bipod, scope, rifle etc.

32. Jerry B on January 24, 2023 at 2:19 am

I have a geissele G2 trigger and the ssa-e, but due to the weight of this rifle, I prefer the slightly heavier (and cheaper) G2 for off hand shooting. I felt the ssa-e could break just by breathing heavy with the trigger prepped in the standing position.

33. R M on January 24, 2023 at 2:20 am

Can this rifle handle .308 consistently without damage?

34. Kurtis Paige on January 24, 2023 at 2:22 am

The trigger smooths out after a SMALL break in. Zeroed mine in about 13 rounds, then put about 47 more downrange. Trigger is noticeably lighter now and just as smooth. Upgrades may work well, but it will get better on its own if you shoot it. My two cents…

35. Mehul Kamdar on January 24, 2023 at 2:23 am

What scope and load would you recommend for this rifle based upon what the twist might be? Thank you!

36. Cameron Morgan on January 24, 2023 at 2:25 am

I recently bought this rifle, swapped the trigger for a geissele SSA-E, bought sig’s ambi charging handle, added my favorite stock and its the best rifle I own. Awesome for the price.

37. Truth on January 24, 2023 at 2:26 am

I’m going to have to see if they make a longer barrel version

38. Watkins 7212 on January 24, 2023 at 2:28 am

The trigger and charging handle suck and I mean they suck bad! But the rifle over all is really nice

39. 889976889 on January 24, 2023 at 2:29 am

Someone is a trigger snob

40. Craig Andersen on January 24, 2023 at 2:32 am

I’d like to see astigmatism-helping optics reviewed. Oogle64@gmail.com

41. Lucas Marcum on January 24, 2023 at 2:33 am

The charging handle and bcg are actually proprietary

42. johngg25 on January 24, 2023 at 2:34 am

I’ve been lucky to shoot both the Sig Tread 7.62, and Springfield Saint Victor .308. I love Sig, but you simply get more for your money with a stock Springfield .308, and at a better price. (weight, trigger, muzzle break). They should’ve found a way to “one-up” Springfield, before releasing this Tread 7.62.