Smith & Wesson Model 10-5 38 Special M&P

Smith & Wesson Model 10-5 38 Special M&P

The classic S&W Military & Police revolver. It has been made with only minor design changes for over 100 years. They were made in blue and nickel finish. 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 inch barrels. Round or square butt grip frames.
This one was made in the 1970s. 4 inch barrel, blue, square butt grip frame. The most common configuration of the M&P revolver. Made in the 1970s.

Shout out for MyHollowpoint.

1. Fernando Vitorino de oliveira on November 22, 2022 at 9:48 pm

Bunito

2. Paul F on November 22, 2022 at 9:54 pm

Great little revolver. I had one in the 1980s, a M&P model from WW1, had the leaf spring trigger return spring. It was pretty worn and the barrel was a little worn and pitted inside but it still shot pretty straight and the trigger was as smooth as ice. Sold it to a friend years ago but I’m thinking of getting a new model.

3. David Taylor on November 22, 2022 at 9:55 pm

What a great revolver you have! I own a similar with a D s/n and 10-5, tapered bbl. Have owned since 1982! Solid built, no issues since owning. Fired lots, +p, and standard RNL. My first Duty Pistol as a LEO. Enjoy! Lt Scott(Ret)

4. red9man2130 on November 22, 2022 at 9:55 pm

hey Shep. It is not a well known fact outside of certain "Gun circles" but the Model 10 was/is the most mass produced Revolver in the world. They are outstanding in many ways. I agree with You about the proper Grip config being square instead of round.

5. SamEEE12 on November 22, 2022 at 9:56 pm

Shiny! 😍

6. Guisseppi Strombopolis on November 22, 2022 at 9:56 pm

Just picked one up!!!!

7. sman222222 on November 22, 2022 at 9:56 pm

Good to see you back! I bought the nickel version of this one about a year ago after seeing the one you had. I had been checking your channel for the longest to see if you were back. 👍🏼

8. Sebastian Restrepo on November 22, 2022 at 10:03 pm

My favorite revolver.. I really want to get one of this

9. Michael Karr on November 22, 2022 at 10:04 pm

Great firearm !

10. KSFWG on November 22, 2022 at 10:06 pm

It’s always good to see a Smith & Wesson revolver in your videos, Shep! I always look forward to your videos and I get big grin when I see a video by you in my YouTube subscriptions list.

I have a Model 10-6 with the heavy barrel and square butt frame. It came with Magna grips. It seems to be a low round count revolver that hasn’t seen much use. I also have a Model 64-1 with heavy barrel and square butt frame. It has a Hogue combat mono grip.

11. jdawg54874 on November 22, 2022 at 10:06 pm

Mine is pretty roached but the single action is the best I’ve ever felt

12. Jim Dent on November 22, 2022 at 10:06 pm

That one is in beauty condition. Thanks for entertaining us with your knowledge and fine collection.

13. Sonny Gunz on November 22, 2022 at 10:08 pm

I love the pencil barreled model 10’s. If I ever come across one as nice as yours, I’ll buy it if the price is right.

14. olhemi1 on November 22, 2022 at 10:11 pm

🙂👍

15. GunFun ZS on November 22, 2022 at 10:12 pm

I must have missed your upload for the inspection guide while I was away from the internet for a month. That is probably the video I’ve wanted most from you.

16. Cj R on November 22, 2022 at 10:17 pm

It seems so hard to find the tapered-barrel Model 10’s now. My dream version would be a tapered-barrel with a round butt; I think they’re rare.

17. kim pedersen on November 22, 2022 at 10:18 pm

Nice and fun shooter.

18. Boosted Pastime on November 22, 2022 at 10:22 pm

A beautiful classic!

19. Gen2 Poon on November 22, 2022 at 10:26 pm

As part time police officers in my country, we being issued with that relvover. my relvover serial number was 6D21406, I don’t know what years its make. perhaps someone can check its out….

20. Lee Nelson on November 22, 2022 at 10:28 pm

These with the heavy barrels is what I started my daughter’s on, wonderfull revolvers. One of my girls owns it now and still uses it pretty regularly after more than 30 years, I own the other one. Good memories. Thanks for the vid.

21. jeff mendelson on November 22, 2022 at 10:29 pm

I have a 10-5. I found it last spring in a gun shop. It was somebody’s safe queen. It was calling to me. I bought it on the spot. It shoots better than it looks it is my favorite. Thanks for your great videos

22. Matt Katz on November 22, 2022 at 10:30 pm

I just inherited one from my father. How do I find out what year it was made?

23. avgguy47 on November 22, 2022 at 10:32 pm

I always appreciate the classics. Thanks for keeping them alive!

24. David Bliss on November 22, 2022 at 10:33 pm

I love the old pencil barrel models. I a Have a 10-5 2” square butt. i also have a 10-8 that was a Michigan State Police Gun. It’s a 10-8 pinned barrel round butt 2 1/2 inch heavy barrel with a full Length ejector Rod. They only r released 108 to the public about 22 years ago. I shoot the dash 5 and that one basically stays in the safe.

25. 3ducs on November 22, 2022 at 10:34 pm

I have a 10-5 in nickel, a very smooth revolver. I’m a fan of nickel revolvers, they used to be much more common.

26. Tocarli Rezpe on November 22, 2022 at 10:36 pm

Old School! The Best! ❤👍

27. Dr Kalowski on November 22, 2022 at 10:37 pm

I hope to get my hands on one shortly, it’s barely been fired and it’s going for less than 500

28. JR N on November 22, 2022 at 10:40 pm

I was issued one in Vietnam.

29. John_Smith532 on November 22, 2022 at 10:40 pm

Handsome weapon.

30. Texas Gun Vault on November 22, 2022 at 10:43 pm

That is such a beautiful gun

31. Danger Man on November 22, 2022 at 10:43 pm

Mine was made in 1968 and has foreign markings on it. An old police gun and it was pretty beat up. I stripped it down and buffed out all the scratches and reblued it. It now has a black matte finish to it. Not as nice as yours but just happy to own one.

32. Werbär on November 22, 2022 at 10:46 pm

Really nice classic american revolver. I will buy this one as a secondary gun for hunting. Greetings from Germany!

33. just some random guy named sam on November 22, 2022 at 10:46 pm

Something about this revolver intrigues me like the mauser broomhandle

34. Dylan Copenhaver on November 22, 2022 at 10:47 pm

Man, I miss Chuck! He has some amazing guns in his collection!