Some gunmakers marketing firearms for children

Some gunmakers marketing firearms for children

The weapon of choice in the Uvalde and Buffalo mass shootings was an AR-15-style rifle. Catherine Herridge takes a look at how gunmakers are marketing these weapons for young people.

#news #guncontrol

“CBS Evening News with Norah O’Donnell” delivers the latest news and original reporting, and goes beyond the headlines with context and depth. Catch the “CBS Evening News” weeknights at 6:30 p.m. ET on the CBS Television Network and at 10 p.m. ET on the CBS News app.

Subscribe to the “CBS Evening News” YouTube channel: https://bit.ly/1S7Dhik
Watch full episodes of “CBS Evening News”: https://cbsn.ws/23XekKA
Follow “CBS Evening News” on Instagram: https://bit.ly/1T8icTO
Like “CBS Evening News” on Facebook: https://on.fb.me/1KxYobb
Follow “CBS Evening News” on Twitter: https://bit.ly/1O3dTTe
Download the CBS News app: https://cbsn.ws/1Xb1WC8
Try Paramount+ free: https://bit.ly/2OiW1kZ

For video licensing inquiries, contact: licensing@veritone.com

1. Alfondo Preciado on July 21, 2022 at 7:23 pm

Take to ours kids fire arms Is wrong way under 25 yearsold they needs health menthal care to have fire arms in his hands

2. M J Kay on July 21, 2022 at 7:23 pm

when going to school is far more dangerous than 2 tours in iraq
    its time to change the laws

3. Privacy Valued on July 21, 2022 at 7:24 pm

"…men 21 or younger." Most men aren’t real men until they are at least 25 these days. And even then, it’s somewhat questionable. And, by law, you aren’t really a man until 18 anyway…just a kid/teen.

4. Ting Ting on July 21, 2022 at 7:24 pm

I learned how to use firearms as a young girl, and my children as well. And we have done just fine.

It’s NOT the firearm that is the issue. It IS the family and mental health of the child that IS the issue.

5. Michael Miller on July 21, 2022 at 7:25 pm

Gavin, what about the movie industry? Don’t they market to kids with violent movies involving firearms? After watching Heat, I wanted a full auto ar15. We banning violent movies now?

6. Too Cute Puppies on July 21, 2022 at 7:29 pm

They’re probably really trying to keep the market out of the hands of anybody with a 3D printer.

7. Cory J on July 21, 2022 at 7:29 pm

This video is bs. How does a kid go around his parents. They can’t even buy one and I want to sue car manufacturers for the idiot that drove there car and ran into me.

8. Richard Hilton Lubis on July 21, 2022 at 7:31 pm

Germany’s history of leaving Germany vulnerable by pursuing bussiness-led relations with Russia!

9. Damone Boyd on July 21, 2022 at 7:32 pm

Of course why would they respond

10. Alreadyburst qq on July 21, 2022 at 7:33 pm

Reason why they didn’t banned firearms is because… PEOPLE FROM THE higher position are getting.. benifits out of it… Those despicable.. greedy tards

11. Bert439 on July 21, 2022 at 7:34 pm

Businesses growing their reach! *Gasps*
    Fake news!

12. david hillberg on July 21, 2022 at 7:35 pm

most old timers were shooting at 6 some at 11 or 12 the culture of death was made by politicians for politicians

13. Droppin Bass on July 21, 2022 at 7:36 pm

"The parent has no say, they’re reaching around the parent and getting to the kid". For a minute there I thought he was talking about the school system.

14. Off The Beaten Path Media on July 21, 2022 at 7:37 pm

I have been involved with the outdoor sporting industry for 20 years and have never seen direct marketing to kids on any firearms. This was CBS let’s grab some pictures of kids holding guns and we’ll make it a story. Obviously the way society treats criminals and MHL cases is not working, locking up criminals and detaining MHL’s appears to be what worked in the past. But politicians don’t want to revert to what works.

15. N N on July 21, 2022 at 7:38 pm

It’s like the tobacco industry.

16. MXG on July 21, 2022 at 7:42 pm

what a laughable video.

17. Ian B on July 21, 2022 at 7:45 pm

They sell guns as parents want their children to hunt. Idiots are trying to distort that. Shame.

18. Florida Man on July 21, 2022 at 7:46 pm

I bought guns for my kids

19. TheKidFromCleveland on July 21, 2022 at 7:46 pm

Longbeachgriffy a prophet

20. Jana E on July 21, 2022 at 7:47 pm

A bit off topic but I ask myself the question what the benefit for your kids is to learn how to use a gun? Is the reason of self-defense, "entertainment/fun" or cultural nature? Some commentors here who were taught on how to use a gun pass this on to their kids and I wonder why they think it’s better to teach them

21. SuperJLK _ on July 21, 2022 at 7:47 pm

That’s actually really cool. Kids should be taught gun responsibility at a young age.

22. barbara ferdon on July 21, 2022 at 7:52 pm

Corporate money is running our government 👎😡🤬Wake up👍
    Civilians do not need “weapons of war and mass destruction-PERIOD 👿👎

23. qaisar khan on July 21, 2022 at 7:52 pm

america land of opportunity………

24. Damone Boyd on July 21, 2022 at 7:52 pm

This is sick

25. Alfondo Preciado on July 21, 2022 at 7:54 pm

When I begining my shooter & hunting life when I was 25 years old I lived in my fathers house we have strong fire arms rules at home

26. Richard Hilton Lubis on July 21, 2022 at 7:55 pm

Hot news!
    Der Spiegel said:
    Germany doesnt trust Zelensky!
    Hahaha it’s very clear since the beginning of devil’s brutal Invasion in Ukraine!
    Germany fears Putin’s economic relations so hesitates to send Kyiv heavier lethal weapons!

27. Joshua d'Estoville on July 21, 2022 at 7:56 pm

This would be disturbing only if the children’s elders have zero involvement.

28. Trish Herbert on July 21, 2022 at 7:57 pm

And they’re making children boys to girls and girls to boys. Labeling the restrooms as such.
    That’s pure evil!!!

29. DarthBaras13 on July 21, 2022 at 7:57 pm

You know it’s one thing to color a rifle for kids, but to downsize a weapon so it can fit in the hands of an 8 year old is sick and downright disturbing.

30. Scot Fretwell on July 21, 2022 at 7:58 pm

Kind of hard to take a political ideology seriously when they say they are all for keeping kids safe when they expose them to kiddie groomers and advocate the killing of babies in the womb.

31. unwanted raisins on July 21, 2022 at 7:59 pm

AMURRRRRRRRRICAAAAAAAAAA

32. April emma Gonzales on July 21, 2022 at 8:02 pm

No way.. that’s why there were more school mass killing happening because of this ….it should not be for kids

33. Jonathan Daily on July 21, 2022 at 8:02 pm

Bonding with your parent sounds terrible.

34. Enough on July 21, 2022 at 8:03 pm

Train them well.Civil War is where we are headed!

35. Finn on July 21, 2022 at 8:04 pm

PSA: Gun control is NOT unconstitutional.

36. Make Racists Afraid Again on July 21, 2022 at 8:05 pm

I got my first gun, a 10-22, when I was 11 years old. A simple, small caliber, bolt action rifle. I had been properly trained.
    I was an expert shot before ROTC in High School.
    I enlisted in the Army with an expert badge for the M-14 and the M-60.
    I support gun ownership with the proper training.
    I don’t support the ownership of weapons of war by American civilians.
    If you believe you need an AR or an AK for home defense… seek Professional Help.

37. Fred Collins on July 21, 2022 at 8:05 pm

Many brands of military semi autos and the all-too-common (lately) AR15 is merely ONE out of many other quality military style semi auto rifles. All similar with minor differences mostly in caliber & size & accuracy: AR15,AR10, M1, M1A1, FAL, CAL/AKM/AK47/AK74/ HK91/HK93/HkG36/Galil (various models)/AUG/FAMAS/Beretta AR70/SIG 550/560/& others….

38. Freezer With An I on July 21, 2022 at 8:05 pm

I have an ak cause i like it

39. Cybr Friends on July 21, 2022 at 8:06 pm

Real Pro Life citizens support Gun Legislation

40. Alfondo Preciado on July 21, 2022 at 8:06 pm

My first rifle was smoll caliber 177 air rifle if I did my schooters school before when I end in the shooters school O bought an single shot shotgun only one at home the fire arms aré not a toy said my father

41. Junaidi Salam on July 21, 2022 at 8:07 pm

in such a frequent school shoo ting country, ARMING STUDENT age 10 and above should be MANDATORY…
    more G un means more FUN…

42. Milhouse on July 21, 2022 at 8:09 pm

GROOMERS

of mass shooters. 😡

43. ProfoundClarity on July 21, 2022 at 8:10 pm

This country is assbackwards…..and portion of us yell number one number one….wtf are we doing….

44. Kevin on July 21, 2022 at 8:11 pm

Democrats want to keep guns as dangerous to children as possible.

45. Rick Tilden on July 21, 2022 at 8:11 pm

Kids didn’t shoot up the market or school, they were adults. All 18 or older. All from broken homes with no father present and severe mental issues.. Yet 5 year Olds are being brought to drag bars where men dressed up as women are twerking in front of them and kids were given 1dollar bills to tip with.

46. Kathleen Gooch on July 21, 2022 at 8:13 pm

😡😡😡😡🤡😡🤡

47. Joseph Pacchetti on July 21, 2022 at 8:20 pm

My first firearm was in 1966, I was 8 years old, My Father {R.I.P.} Taught me proper firearm safety and I’ve never shot anyone and have never been convicted of a felony nor been to prison, In case you don’t know, that was 56 years ago, However they are not for everyone, Just as you wouldn’t give just anyone a chainsaw, The same goes for firearms. God Bless America And Long Live The Republic. 🇺🇸

48. Paul Hailey on July 21, 2022 at 8:21 pm

ALL OF MY CHILDREN /GRANDCHILDREN HAD THEIR FIRST RIFLE BY TEN YEARS OF AGE , MY GRANDDAUGHTER HAS A PINK RIFLE FOR LITTLE GIRLS

49. Jonathan Daily on July 21, 2022 at 8:22 pm

Wounded Knee was one of the first federally backed gun confiscations in the history of the United States, and it ended in the massacre of nearly 300 unarmed people.

50. I'm Ryte Beehyn U... on July 21, 2022 at 8:23 pm

Look at this: guns for children??!!!
    The manufacturing company is disgusting…