Steven Universe: A bad show made by awful people for a garbage fanbase

Hate mail send here:

Video I mentioned:

YouTube player

List of music credits:

Late Nights by LOWERCASE n https://soundcloud.com/lowercasen
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported— CC BY 3.0

You’re free to use this song in any of your videos, but you must include the following in your video description:
Whitestick by S Strong https://soundcloud.com/stelios_strong
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported— CC BY 3.0

Parsimonious Love by Muciojad https://soundcloud.com/muciojad
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported— CC BY 3.0
Music provided by Audio Library https://youtu.be/J9HokD6JT7k

A DAY OFF by Nicolai Heidlas Music https://soundcloud.com/nicolai-heidlas
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported— CC BY 3.0
Music provided by Audio Library https://youtu.be/mOFG-G_GpGk

Say Good Night by Joakim Karud https://soundcloud.com/joakimkarud
Creative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported— CC BY-SA 3.0
Music provided by Audio Library https://youtu.be/SZkVShypKgM

1. Jayden Farley on July 21, 2022 at 7:33 pm

Did you really use autistic as an insult? 💀

2. That One Guy on July 21, 2022 at 7:33 pm

Could you like not earrape us. I swear to God I almost went deaf 50 times during this video.

3. Entrapta on July 21, 2022 at 7:33 pm

wait ‘till you see she-ra, it’s worse

well, the fandom isn’t. sort of. but the creator of the show is. and the show itself is an ableist fuckshow. it’s great to watch if you’re not paying attention.

also, you had great points, but please find a better insult than “autistic.” it’s ableist and uncreative and it sounds like something the steven universe fandom itself would say.

4. andre zico on July 21, 2022 at 7:37 pm

Unfortunaly its true even based in good things the in the action its a bad way when i first watched i liked but yea the fandom is worse than millenia fandom who play mk will know they make look bad people who fight for equal thinks just because the people are not 100 same rebeca sugar is a bad story teller

5. moonlight fitz on July 21, 2022 at 7:37 pm

😂

6. the_queer_cactus on July 21, 2022 at 7:38 pm

I know this is a small detail, but can we point out this person using the t-slur when talking abt the voice actors?

7. Cheslock on July 21, 2022 at 7:38 pm

PLEASE FIX YOUR SOUND BRO, STOP BLOWING OUT MY EARDRUMS AND EQUALIZE DUDE

8. Moonchild Cheryl on July 21, 2022 at 7:39 pm

Can’t believe I used to be a fan of this trash tbh. Good riddance, It’s a shame I can’t delete all the comments I’ve made on this channel to spare myself the future embarrassment.

9. Carl Thomas on July 21, 2022 at 7:43 pm

11:24 did he watch the episode ‘super watermelon island’

10. socerio matla on July 21, 2022 at 7:44 pm

Ik this video is like 4 years old but uh you forgot to mention that the blackface character was madeb by a black artist

11. Some guy idk man on July 21, 2022 at 7:46 pm

Here’s my take as a discord user in 2022,
    Look I don’t like Steven universe. I can’t relate to it at all, and the finale of it was absolutely terribly executed, even to the point Steven universe stans themselves were pissed. But honestly, it’s not alright to get mad at someone for liking what they like. That’s why homophobia makes no sense.. but that’s obviously off topic. I cannot have a raised rebuttal against the terrible things the people behind Steven universe have done, according to the info here. Forcing someone to be trans as one of the smaller things, is horrible in concept, obviously. And I know this was almost 5 years ago but cmon. Tranny? I’m not gonna be too butthurt but in an opinion peice it may not be the best to use slurs 💀💀 but hey my opinion as a guy on the internet who Dosent hate trans people. I don’t care if anyone likes Steven universe. It won’t change how I look at them.. as long as they don’t support pedophilia/maps. But I think the thought behind Steven universe is great. More representation.. but I can say it was executed poorly. There are plot holes Everywere. If anyone wants to be smart and fix those with vague and barely mention ties go ahead, don’t let me stop you. But bringing up any facts about the show being “GAY, CRINGEEEE!!!” Then honestly I’m not gonna stop them. Only thing is that isn’t a reason to hate the show. I don’t like it because I’m not interested in the story or characters. It’s a kids show. Adults like it, yes and we should let em, I mean.. who cares. While I’m crying in the comment section about a guy on the internet who may be transphobic I’m just gonna say that no one should care what show you like. Just don’t be racist.

12. Michael Torres II on July 21, 2022 at 7:48 pm

The audio is awful

13. Tamgodul on July 21, 2022 at 7:48 pm

Fuck this guy who is clearly trying to blast our eardrums!
    Without the fucking loud sound out of nowhere every aspect of the video was respectable.

14. PISTACHIO MACK ANIMATE on July 21, 2022 at 7:49 pm

Ur pretty racist and kinda sexist

15. Fergit_ on July 21, 2022 at 7:50 pm

loud isn’t funny. now you know.

16. Artblawk on July 21, 2022 at 7:53 pm

I’ll just place a list of all the shit in this video that really says something about your character and how your opinions on what constitutes a bad person should NOT be taken seriously.
    I’ve probably missed loads of extras but in the occasional incoherent rambling I couldn’t make out half of what you said.

-Opens up the video with an ableist attack on people with autism.
    -Refers to the larger characters as "morbidly obese" and then proceeds to call them ugly for that reason.
    -Uses the R slur.
    -Makes a rape joke about a child character.
    -Extremely loud noise for no reason.
    -Use of the KFC logo do reference non-white people.
    -Another extremely loud noise for literally no reason.
    -Makes several nasty sexualising comments in a rapid-fire rant about women’s bodies.
    -Complains about a bunch of ‘plot holes’ that are literally addressed in the show, proving that you have no idea what you’re complaining about.
    -Compares the inclusion of LGBT+ and non-white individuals to being antisemitic and a wifebeater.
    -Refers to someone they simply don’t like as Joseph Goebbels, a nazi dictator, for no reason.
    -Refers to kids aged 8-12 as "toddlers" which is less bad person and more a person that, once again, has no idea what they’re talking about.
    -Taking a simple tweet about fusion as a representation of relationships as an excuse to oversexualise a show that you yourself has said was made for "toddlers".
    -Also using that sexualisation to attack LGBT+ individuals.
    -Racist comment about Muslims.
    -Another 2 uses of the R slur AND referring to them as dogs.
    -Refers to a character as "fat" as an insult.
    -Forcing the whole topic of Men’s Rights Activism into a show that does not reference it even once after repeatedly complaining about the show’s use of ‘political topics’.
    -Refers to a real life non-binary person as a "crossdressing tranny" once again using another slur.
    -Another use of the R slur and referring to them as dogs.
    -Saying that a stereotypically ‘masculine’ female character is a male because they aren’t ‘feminine’.
    -More transphobia in various forms.
    -Claims that being muscular is a trait that is exclusive to men.
    -"they look like a bunch of queers"… I don’t even need to elaborate on that statement.
    -Suddenly deciding that a character is meant to be a representation of all lesbians solely because they have rainbow hair and are muscular. A wrong and bizarre claim.
    -"she looks like a giant bulldog gorilla" about a character you have simultaneously decided, completely out of the blue, is both "lesbian and black coded"
    -Oversexualising, once again, an interaction that is in no way sexual while ignoring literally everything that happened in the plot of that episode.
    -Stamps the R slur onto the face of a character for trying to break up a fight.
    -Deliberately misgendering a character to push your own narrative into a story that literally never does what you complain about.
    -Referring to women as "skanks" because they’re women.
    -Fat shaming a child character.
    -Another extremely loud noise for literally no reason other than to reinforce a fat joke about a child character.
    -Oversexualising child characters to call someone a paedophile when YOU are the one that made it about sex.
    -Referring to people with different political views to your own as "invalids"
    -Refers to being bisexual as "pussy eating"
    -Referring to loads of people as paedophile perverts solely because they are LGBT+ and not with any shreds of evidence.
    -Another fat joke about a child character.
    -Using the word "mongoloid" which is both racist AND ableist and I genuinely never thought anyone actually used this word but here we are.
    -Another extremely loud noise for even less of a reason than the previous ones.
    -More fat jokes.
    -Refers to a child as both illiterate and morbidly obese as insults in one sentence.
    -References a major plotpoint of the show and claims it to be your own idea and pretending it’s not in the show.
    -Ignoring almost all of the plot of the show to push a narrative that you’ve completely made up.
    -Refers to a child character in one single statement as "fat", "mongoloid", the R slur, "mobidly obese".
    -Stereotypes an entire fanbase as "dumb, 400 pound, feminist" and refers to this and lesbians as a bad thing all while using a photo of a real woman JUST to body shame her.
    -One last egregiously loud noise for no reason.
    -One last use of the R slur as the final word of the video.

17. EZ PZ on July 21, 2022 at 7:54 pm

How did this awful video get 100,000 views?

18. Avi on July 21, 2022 at 7:54 pm

Sorting by recent comments just proves that this dude is 100% correct on his assessment of the fanbase lmao.

19. david ajayi on July 21, 2022 at 7:55 pm

Steven can fuse with humans cause he is half human

20. Margarnet on July 21, 2022 at 7:55 pm

Okay buy rip my fucking ears😭😭

21. Mono No Aware on July 21, 2022 at 7:56 pm

"by the way, in case you’re wondering who the best fan base is, it’s JoJo"
    Name another comment that has aged more poorly than that.

22. david ajayi on July 21, 2022 at 7:57 pm

Wait so you think home world attempting to Genocide the human race is doing nothing wrong?

23. Erin on July 21, 2022 at 7:57 pm

Never really thought/knew about any of this watching it as a child. I just really liked the songs and characters and aesthetics and stuff but damn

24. sc.willis on July 21, 2022 at 7:57 pm

I ain’t fw the racist kfc edit you put up around 6:50

Ima go ahead n report this

25. yah_boi_niki on July 21, 2022 at 7:57 pm

bro i lost my hearing

26. connor larkin on July 21, 2022 at 8:02 pm

bro…chill…

27. Anon LF on July 21, 2022 at 8:02 pm

retarded cartoon for retarded people

28. Leandro Mendoza on July 21, 2022 at 8:02 pm

At 7:30 is when I realised, sure, I liked this video, but it wasn’t quite the video I remembered

You can’t form your opinion, and put your sources like that. Like man, if you want to proof the voice acting is bad, put a clip of bad voice acting.

Not a list from IMDb Made in a forum by a member (People who paid a membership), and the message from the list is

"All of these English voice actors are terrible. I would rather watch cartoons with subtitles than to listen to any of these godawful voice actors. i’m sick of voice actors who make my ears bleed!! STICK TO SUBS AND ENOUGH WITH THE ENGLISH VOICE ACTING ALREADY! they’re the disgrace of the media! To the people disagreeing with me, GO KILL YOURSELF!"

That is not being known as a bad voice actor, that is just some guys opinion xd

And this is a consistent problem with the video, but other than that, it’s pretty good

29. LordMage369 on July 21, 2022 at 8:03 pm

Bruh, the reason Steven can fuse with Connie but Greg couldn’t fuse with Rose is because Steven is half human. He can fuse with both humans and gems bc he is both. Greg on the other hand is fully human with Rose being fully gem, that’s why they couldn’t fuse.

Edit: A LOT of your questions would be answered if you watched the show

30. Paolo Cruz on July 21, 2022 at 8:05 pm

I hate to be this guy but how can we listen to this video if the narrator speaks so quietly meanwhile breaking out eardrums every 5 minutes of the video. Disliked

31. Alexandre Ferreira on July 21, 2022 at 8:08 pm

You know, I wanted to say "It’s okay, you tried, wasn’t good but you’ll get there" but holy shit was I wrong, I know this is old but I hope you’ve had some time to mature cuz you certainly have some issues to resolve. Good Luck to you dude

32. Luh Cuh on July 21, 2022 at 8:10 pm

I HATE Steven universe more than any other show, but this video is fucking cringe lmfaooooo I realize it’s old but wow, cringe af

33. king of monsters on July 21, 2022 at 8:10 pm

29:47 to 34:10 Dawg the fact this bitch made r34 and was allowed to make this show on cn is bullshit and makes you understand how fucking stupid things are now and back then especially everything he says after on pedos

and rapist like fuck what is going on how the fuck can these people just be sitting here on a high horse

also why is almost no one is talking about this section even tho its worse than the fanbase because THESE ARE THE FUCKING CREATORS OF THE SHOW LIKE HOW???

34. Rocky Curo on July 21, 2022 at 8:14 pm

I find it wierd everyone here is complaining about the fan base and saying that somehow diludes the show quality. What does the fandom have to do with anything?

35. BonjourPG on July 21, 2022 at 8:15 pm

Stopped the video at 7:06 garbage review

36. That One Guy on July 21, 2022 at 8:15 pm

8:18 thank you sir my headphones have literally stopped working because of this

37. Nozomi Marina on July 21, 2022 at 8:15 pm

We can all agree! The anime houseki no kuni (land of the lustrous) is a better show about rock people the Steven Universe.

38. Sock Puppet Productions 🎗💜 on July 21, 2022 at 8:16 pm

I love the fact that even though the Steven Universe fandom tried to get in an Internet war with Bronies, even Bronies were like: ayo buddy, that’s a bit too far

39. Paolo Cruz on July 21, 2022 at 8:16 pm

I knew it. I knew I’m not the only one who found Ruby’s voice actor so amateurishly off.

40. Heard on July 21, 2022 at 8:17 pm

I agree with everything you have said. Steven universe is shit but your language is very harmful. "Sounds like a flock of seagulls being r@ped" "Is he Muslim?" and then the bomb sounds while someone screamed Allahukbar
    "Not even bla bla is that autistic"
    And then I heard the R-word in the middle of it. You might not understand your language isn’t okay and that’s fine if you’re willing to change it!

41. sekitsui on July 21, 2022 at 8:17 pm

don’t get me wrong, I hate Steven universe, but this criticism did not age well with all of the unnecessary earrape and racism/transphobia. may just be me though.

42. 湛藍天 on July 21, 2022 at 8:23 pm

Dislike

43. Harry MG on July 21, 2022 at 8:23 pm

as someone who has autism, i deeply and sincerely apologise on behalf of all of us for steven universe

44. nao tenho nome 🌸 on July 21, 2022 at 8:23 pm

I really hate Steven universe but man this video is really shitty and don’t do any actual critique

45. Sock Puppet Productions 🎗💜 on July 21, 2022 at 8:24 pm

As an LGBTQ+ person, along with other decent sane LGBTQ+ people will say that WE DO NOT CLAIM THEM

46. Riah Lexington on July 21, 2022 at 8:27 pm

3:32 WOAH there Can we not do this please?

47. The IV-TV Studio on July 21, 2022 at 8:28 pm

What makes the whole fusion=sex thing worse is in the movie Steven fuses with his OWN FATHER!?

48. Danni Hime on July 21, 2022 at 8:28 pm

So many questions you asked were answered in the show, I didn’t like it either and i hate the fanbase but at least try to study the topic you’re reviewing before a video

49. Pickle Hat on July 21, 2022 at 8:29 pm

well, okay, that was aggressive, i feel like every single other rant on steven universe had better quality than this video.
    this video is unprofessional and immature, it was visible that you clearly are hateful towards steven universe mainly because of the fanbase, but every single insult you use cause your argument to lose worth because…do you really need insults to prove that you are right?
    i hope to see more from you when it comes to improving, and yes, i know this video was made 3, 4 or 5 years ago.