Stevens Model 520-30 Trench Gun

Stevens Model 520-30 Trench Gun

J. Stevens, a division of Savage Arms Company model 520-30 12 gauge Trenchgun…….or is it? John Browning designed and made for use in World War II. Enjoy and shed insight if you have any.

1. Erik Isaksen on January 25, 2023 at 1:17 am

My bro in law has the Sears Ranger version, the regular long barrel one. Ive no interest in tricking anyone, but would be rad to turn it into something better for home defense, and that, essentially, would be this.

2. Jurgen Stroda on January 25, 2023 at 1:20 am

When you morons talk your way through a video, just tells me and everyone else, that you don’t know shit.

3. hughisafungi on January 25, 2023 at 1:25 am

It very well be a riot gun rather than a trench gun. The things you have said sound right. Riot guns were used in military also the fore end wood may or may not be correct. But you have a nice shotgun that may be better than modern guns.

4. Pixx4you on January 25, 2023 at 1:26 am

There may be a time to smoke, but it’s not while making a video. And it’s STEVE -end, not STEPH-ens.

5. Frank Webster on January 25, 2023 at 1:27 am

Is the Ranger 30, the same gun?

6. Eddie Hayes on January 25, 2023 at 1:28 am

I was hoping you could tell me what the size and thread of the 3 screws holding the bayonet lug on.

7. Hernandez86 _ on January 25, 2023 at 1:28 am

How can you tell if one is real or fake?

8. ARMORER1911 on January 25, 2023 at 1:30 am

In all probability that Shotgun was employed during Vietnam and saw some use.

9. Jerry Kohl on January 25, 2023 at 1:31 am

a couple more points, look for armorer’s marks on both sides of the trigger guard, the P’s on the barrel and receiver should be across from one another with a stamped ‘period’ under each P, also P’s above each bomb, which is stamped on your gun but like I said bomb stamp on receiver is on left side and right side of barrel, ànd the barrel should also have this on the left side approx 1 1/2" from receiver " PROOF TESTED—-12 GAUGE " with " —-2 3/4 INCH CHAMBER—- " underneath. I’m sure they probably notched the bottom of the barrel for the bayonet mount, 3 notches starting at approx 7/8", 2 3/8", 3 7/8". The barrel should measure 19 5/16" dead nuts from receiver to end of barrel. Of coarse having had a bead on the barrel has riot gun written all over it. you asked for it so there it is. all this info comes from my Stevens 520-30 trench gun that my father brought home from Vietnam in 1964. It was stripped of the heat shield, sling, and bayonet before he left Vietnam. serial number 59,*** .

10. Jerry Kohl on January 25, 2023 at 1:35 am

it’s a fake. rear sling mount cut out is wrong. should be cut in with a router. ànd you should not have had a bead on the barrel. the U.S. stamp letters are too small. the bomb proof marks should be opposite from each other(barrel one side, received on the other). serial number should be from around 58,000-up for about 25,000 military models. and don’t worry about modern ammo, its a machined received, it will hold up just fine

11. hughisafungi on January 25, 2023 at 1:40 am

there is a video on a Winchester 1897 that appears to have the same heat shield and bayonet lug on it. about 6 videos down the list

12. J Martin on January 25, 2023 at 1:40 am

*ACTUAL ISSUE or REPLICA ? Who cares ? If you like it and it works "as it should"…Then, you have a shotgun you like and can rely on.*

13. fingers967 on January 25, 2023 at 1:40 am

I Love that gun and have one with a 30 inch full choke barrel .. I use it to shoot clays .. but i also like the 72 road runner your sitting in front of

14. str8todragon4me on January 25, 2023 at 1:42 am

ive seen ww2 stevens -savage shotguns that were the high end engraved versions . i love those shotguns ,slam fire and all. if you turn the lower shell holder "clockwise" it will loosen the lockdown plate and when it is out ,push barrel down and they will come apart. it will then fit into a suitcase!!!!!!!!!!!. check IMA , they have a copy of the 1917 remington  1917 bayonet ( as of 10 -14) love the piece!!!!!!

15. lamonstra on January 25, 2023 at 1:46 am

I’m no expert, but I’ve read 520 production was ramped up again for WWII. But this could be a genuine riot gun with the heat shield added on later, since the shield does look a little nicer. What a cool gun regardless.

16. L on January 25, 2023 at 1:47 am

Thanks for posting! My buddy has one too.

17. Jurgen Stroda on January 25, 2023 at 1:48 am

Don’t put much issue in a video, when someone talks his way through the whole presentation. Shows me the person. is not c
    parable nor knowledgeable of the firearm. Total waste of time, bullshit is cheap, just like your non informative video.
    Total waste of time.

18. chipman1589 on January 25, 2023 at 1:53 am

Most of it looks good but the problem for me is the knurling on the forend. Military doesn’t typically have those as I learned with the one I was ripped off with. Fucker used fake stamps and all. Have someone knowledgeable check your shit before you take it

19. Navy Phyrfitr on January 25, 2023 at 1:53 am

mine is labeled riverside firearms, the predecessor of Stevens, take off the bayonet lug, if u see purple on the inside of the sleeve of the heatshield its the real deal, ive heard in great shape an original heat shield alone at auction has gone for $1200

20. Fred Kaczinski on January 25, 2023 at 1:54 am

I’ve heard and read a few times no double humpbacks were made into trenchers, so that may be one more on the authenticity list.
    Then again right now on GB someone who moves a lot of antiques incl WW2 German, has a double humpback with ord marks and all the right common aging and finish, a trench gun. So who knows.
    Mine has Montgomery Ward rollmarks, could never be mistaken or defrauded as a real one,( as well as lack of flat topped receiver, if common thought is correct). For now remains a saw cut Riot configuration. Maybe she’ll get a heat shield and lug before her 100th b-day
    I like the double hump profile, my kid said it’s a mini BAR and I can’t unsee it.

21. Dookie Bob on January 25, 2023 at 1:56 am

I have one of these in 16 gauge, I’d love to have one in 12 to hide "bury" in case of SHTF

22. ARMORER1911 on January 25, 2023 at 1:58 am

I would spray that Shotgun down with G96 Triple Action Gun Treatment to really bring that finish to life.

23. G Obi on January 25, 2023 at 2:02 am

I have one of these, but it has a worn out rubber pad on the stock. Im trying to learn anything i can about this shotgun. Anyone have any information?

24. Boomer Rumor on January 25, 2023 at 2:04 am

Wow man I really feel sorry for this guy. He’s worried about the legitimacy of the gun and he’s missing one of the greatest features that all 520s and the other variants have. It really is amazing how many people don’t know. This is so funny that I got to share this with a few of my friends.

25. Tyler on January 25, 2023 at 2:07 am

It is completely solid, I shot mine all the time.

26. jhncvngh on January 25, 2023 at 2:10 am

Very cool video. I just purchased a 520 where are you located do you want to compare guns? Mine is "full size" compared to your shorty.

27. Deadhorse1 on January 25, 2023 at 2:13 am

I’m sure it is a put together gun using repo parts.
    If real should be marked US Property…easy to stamp a US…lots harder to stamp the US Property
    Dead give away that the heat shield finish doesn’t match the rest of the gun, interesting that they didn’t Age it up to match
    My guess is it was originally faked up to be a riot gun , sold, then when the repo heat shields became available few years ago one was added to it.
    I think the shields sell for around $200

Still a cool shotgun, I love how easy they are to take apart to break down into two pieces

28. Sandy Zurcotti on January 25, 2023 at 2:15 am