The AR 15 Tool I didn't Know I NEEDED: Midwest Upper Receiver Rod

The AR 15 Tool I didn't Know I NEEDED: Midwest Upper Receiver Rod

Unfortunately, in a recent bulk update most of our descriptions were wiped out. If this video is impacted by this occurrence and a link or code is missing please visit VSO’s affiliate page: https://linktr.ee/vso_gun_channel
Where we have listed all the current accounts you can take advantage of as a VSO viewer. You can also catch up with us at the following social pages:
VSO Patreon
VSO Subscribe Star:
IG
Facebook
Discord https://discord.gg/e277rfsg82 ?
Twitter

#vsogunchannel

The VSO Gun Channel is an educational resource of VSO Media LLC, a media production company, and VSOrdnance LLC, a research and development/ Testing Evaluation “contract lab”. VSO is not in the business of selling or promoting the sale of firearms. Nothing VSO publishes should be misconstrued to support the sale of Firearms, components, or accessories. The VSO Gun Channel serves as a common sense, educational resource promoting responsible gun ownership and safety particularly for young minds otherwise negatively influenced by a fundamental breakdown of our society. Unless otherwise stated, the subject matter of this video was provided by the manufacturer or another third party at no cost to us. In doing so, VSO reserves all creative rights, including the right to publish negative aspects it deems relevant to the representation of the product and its continuous improvement. VSO Gun Channel only publishes objective content related directly to tests performed by its personnel. While in-depth test results may be shared directly with manufacturers prior to official release, they must agree NOT to: impede VSO’s work, attempt to undermine or alter our results, impugn or undermine our integrity, and must forfeit any expectation of being involved in the process. To be clear to our viewers, VSOrdnance LLC provides testing, evaluation, research, and product development consulting services to clients, for which it is compensated. It is solely at VSO’s discretion whether or not to turn footage over to VSO Gun Channel for the publishing video derived from such tests and experience with these products. These are separate-No party may buy our opinion & No party may buy access to our audience even if it is their ulterior motive to do so by contracting the testing. If you are interested in VSO’s services you may submit an official inquiry via email to info AT VSOMedia DOT org

1. FPSMurdock on August 25, 2022 at 7:47 pm

Always nice to see new life breathed into old guns đź‘Ť

2. theelitespot on August 25, 2022 at 7:49 pm

The Hay Bells Rock!

3. OuijaSTi on August 25, 2022 at 7:49 pm

I prefer the Geiselle Reaction Rod. It’s been around for years and it doesn’t have the ridge on the top which is a bonus in my book. This allows you to slide the upper off of the rod to change the orientation without having to unclamp the rod from the vise like you would with this tool.

4. b.griffin317 on August 25, 2022 at 7:52 pm

I prefer my giesele. can turn the reciver by 1/8s when cranking down the barrel nut or muzzle device.

5. Capt. Gus RH on August 25, 2022 at 7:52 pm

Wtf

6. Ryan Hensley on August 25, 2022 at 7:52 pm

fo’ clock

7. Martin SON OF WAR on August 25, 2022 at 7:53 pm

I accidentally put a barrel nut on too tight, too, with an improperly maintained torque wrench. It likely had over 80ft-lbs.

8. Andrew Garris on August 25, 2022 at 7:53 pm

A must have tool for an AR armorer or DIY AR enthusiast. Although I do prefer the Geissele reaction rod myself because it is just round and allows you to work with more angles. Great vid.

9. Recoil Alliance on August 25, 2022 at 7:54 pm

Wish I had waited for this one over the Geissele reaction rod.

10. AR-15 Tech Tips in under 5 Minutes (Click Here) on August 25, 2022 at 7:56 pm

Anyone bought one of these? Mine is so tight fitting its almost impossible to pull it out of the upper receiver, thats pretty tight lol.

11. bill murphy on August 25, 2022 at 7:57 pm

Greta into I appreciate it. I was actually looking at the Vism Upper Receiver Block . Any input you have for this?

12. Larry W on August 25, 2022 at 7:58 pm

I use magpul bev block!

13. ZenLi _80 on August 25, 2022 at 8:00 pm

Thank you for video and thank you for Kg . ))

14. mixflip on August 25, 2022 at 8:01 pm

I love the looks of new rails but I hate but that they dont have heat shields. I actually went back to plastic handguards with heat shields on my duty rifle here in Vegas due to the heat in summer.

15. Mr. X on August 25, 2022 at 8:01 pm

REACTION ROD from Giessle people, NOTHING to see here. Good day everyone

16. Things I Need My Father to Know on August 25, 2022 at 8:03 pm

VSO… saving my dumb ass again. đź‘Ť

17. sparttin117john on August 25, 2022 at 8:04 pm

Very cool.

18. gary tru on August 25, 2022 at 8:05 pm

Great vid, I learned!

19. Chadwick Wicky on August 25, 2022 at 8:07 pm

This tool is the best upper of its kind period. It’s the Reacton Rod 2.0! For HK AR owners it is a must! Barrel nut Tight beyond belief from HK with a tiny index nub equals = doesn’t take a ton of torque to sheer it leaving the receiver spinning with the barrel nut. This tool fits so snug and it’s spread throughout nicely, relieves any worry that the receiver is taking much torque. You have to try one to fully see how well this tool was thought out and executed. It is so precision fit and spreads out the holding point so evenly/nicely that If I had to choose to use this even without the barrel extension lug portion, over the clamshell type , Id still choose this in a heartbeat. That’s how well it is made and thought out. The barrel lug portion is the meat of the tool of course and the ch void is a genius addition , the precision snug fitment is icing on the cake. I used a reaction rod for years and got lucky for a while but this tool is hands down way better, I wouldn’t doubt others will follow suit with this design… I’ll keep my reaction rod for certain things, the loose fit and being able to rotate easily and in smaller increments still makes it handy to keep around but if I needed to keep only one, it is a no brainer. MI nailed it and it’s not even really known yet.

20. J T on August 25, 2022 at 8:09 pm

Geissele also makes one of these.

21. Dennis Martinez on August 25, 2022 at 8:09 pm

I think I missed the tool review

22. Karl Oz on August 25, 2022 at 8:11 pm

I just waited 13 minutes of my life watching this video, waiting to see you using this Midwest tool… and it never happened,,, The title is about this tool and not your misfortunes with that rifle at the range… Thumbs down for you…

23. 50calprepper on August 25, 2022 at 8:13 pm

They should machine a lug so you can install a pin through receiver, if you wanted to do other hand guard or gas block work?

24. STEVE R on August 25, 2022 at 8:13 pm

Thanks cool tool

25. zulu__ god on August 25, 2022 at 8:17 pm

noooooo keep it og

26. Kevin Schmidt on August 25, 2022 at 8:17 pm

wtf is a kilo

27. Buddha23Fett on August 25, 2022 at 8:19 pm

Giessele rod is better.

28. Dancing Panda on August 25, 2022 at 8:24 pm

Marring the inside could affect usage. also I don’t think you went over why we’d need to to have it orientated vertically.

29. Kasquaskannaché Hukapapánski on August 25, 2022 at 8:28 pm

Nice tool and they work and fit snug as a glove.

30. BadBoySwag420 on August 25, 2022 at 8:28 pm

why were you struggling with the barrel nut again?

31. J CAP on August 25, 2022 at 8:28 pm

What’s the length of the flat area on the urr thanks for your time.

32. Zechnar Williams on August 25, 2022 at 8:29 pm

Marring the inside is way more hideous. That affects function of the rifle, outside is just vanity.

33. tyler79durdan on August 25, 2022 at 8:29 pm

Looks like you need a tad more gas after watching the hay bale shots… Also just turned a home made reaction rod and hand cut splines last night. took three hours total and fits like a glove! I like the reaction rod better because you can turn the rifle in six positions without taking the tool out of the vise. Good video though!

34. VR VR on August 25, 2022 at 8:30 pm

1st lol

35. blugrassmaniac on August 25, 2022 at 8:32 pm

Looks like MidWest has been checking out Geissles tools.

36. Kevin Schmidt on August 25, 2022 at 8:32 pm

4 mins of tool, 9 mins of you at the range. wut

37. Amy M on August 25, 2022 at 8:37 pm

You showed a few one second snapshots of the tool in action, but if you’re going to make a video about a tool, it would be really nice if you spent some time showing us the tool in action.

38. David Wong on August 25, 2022 at 8:37 pm

I am sure someone said it already. But it is a good idea to throw a piece of tape (electrical or duck) to cover up the fiber optic.

39. Justin Christensen on August 25, 2022 at 8:37 pm

do these work with AR9?

40. TwoStage 45 on August 25, 2022 at 8:39 pm

The real avid reaction rod is good too. It’s a bit cheaper and made of aluminum, so that it breaks before you damage your barrel. It probably would have broken trying to get that stuck barrel off though.

41. Tanner Malinosky on August 25, 2022 at 8:40 pm

Since you are using a suppressor when you adjusted the gas block will it cycle without it

42. TheOutdoorsman on August 25, 2022 at 8:41 pm

If you havnt checked out the Stngr Rails, they are really nice, very comparable to other top end names.

43. Biden is a traitor on August 25, 2022 at 8:41 pm

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it

44. Nicholas Feeley on August 25, 2022 at 8:42 pm

It’s not gun-related, but I found a tool I didn’t know I needed recently, as well.
    It’s a pair of battery-powered chainsaw scissors.

I mean, Black & Decker calls them the LLP120B Alligator Lopper, but "Chainsaw scissors" sounds better.

45. Markus Aurelius on August 25, 2022 at 8:43 pm

What is your preferred barrel of choice in a 16" platform?

46. J. Rodriguez on August 25, 2022 at 8:45 pm

I used to work with a 48" pipe wrench out in the oilfield I still work here I will retire out of the oilfield but now I have a much easier job