The Best Junior Shotgun? Yildiz SPZ .410

The Best Junior Shotgun? Yildiz SPZ .410

Jonny has a look over a Yildiz 410 junior gun, what did you learn to shoot with?

To Become a Channel Member and give us your support:

To support our channel by getting TGS Merch please go to:

To get your very own custom-fit guards head over to: https://customfitguards.com/?ref=1fLDgyuo2f6K6

Subscribe & hit the alarm bell for plenty more where this came from!

Podcast: https://open.spotify.com/show/7EYQ5dNAtyMCKrgUd7ebNF
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tgs.outdoors/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheGunShopBotley/

Find Jonny on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/jonny.carter.shooting/

1. elie fadel on September 22, 2022 at 8:13 pm

I’d like to hear your thoughts about the huglu .410 over and under shotgun or maybe make a video review about this gun
    it’s said to be the best Turkish made gun on the market but you have never mentioned it

2. pickleRick on September 22, 2022 at 8:13 pm

4 year investment goes hand in hand with just about all the turks, do you see many ata’s come back with drama’s over there Jonny? The importers here are slowly dropping them but haven’t heard much on issues. I have one as a loan gun when mates come for a shoot

3. Doom Father TM on September 22, 2022 at 8:14 pm

Length of pull surprisingly still long for a junior and I agree you’d expect a higher cheek weld

4. Günay Sarıçağıl on September 22, 2022 at 8:17 pm

👍👍👍

5. Jeremy Corbyn on September 22, 2022 at 8:17 pm

I’ve got some spare time on my hands recently and fancy giving clay shooting ago. Any advice for a beginner? I don’t have a license and I’m London based.

6. adrian wightman on September 22, 2022 at 8:18 pm

My daughters first gun, just moved on to the SPZ 20g junior

7. Stu art on September 22, 2022 at 8:19 pm

Nice, but can you sort out your dodgy mic please 🎤

8. Oregonsaw on September 22, 2022 at 8:21 pm

You trying to tell me that this little bore gun will only last 3-4 years. Rubbish

9. Ronnie & Sophias Shooting Journey on September 22, 2022 at 8:22 pm

My 13yr old daughter has the Kofs 410 since December 2020 & loves it, but maybe March 2022 I will move her up to a 28 bore once she has got through all of her 3" Magnum loads 😉

10. Phil Ferguson on September 22, 2022 at 8:22 pm

Bought one or as near over 12 years ago, re-badged as a Remington used it on clays, rabbits and pigeons plus with some assistance and a lot of safety have seen 3 under 10s break clays with it….worth every penny of the £400ish I paid just for the looks on there faces..

11. James on September 22, 2022 at 8:23 pm

I have the full size version and I bloody love it, total pleasure to shoot. Only downside is how many slabs of .410 I’m getting through.

12. John Clements on September 22, 2022 at 8:24 pm

Surely it wouldn’t be difficult for Yildiz (or anyone) to provide a range of stocks?

13. Matthew Lardner on September 22, 2022 at 8:26 pm

Got to say, you’re sounding pretty snobby about this ! This gun is what it is. It’s a very very reasonably priced small bore , starter gun. To say the wood is “ok and uninteresting “ shows a great deal of disdain! I’ve seen plainer wood on a gun for 20 times the cost.
    If you want shooting to appeal to many and encourage young/new/female, whoever, into the sport, this is how you do it. The days of the stuffy, snobby, holier than though gun shop ( I was in an unnamed one in Salisbury yesterday!! ) will be numbered if the shooting snobbery continues.
    I generally find your vlogs to be useful but you might be spending too much time in HOLTS sale room, waxing lyrical over 150 year old bits of broken rubbish that’s only use is in a museum or as a teaching tool for up and coming gunsmiths! Surely we should be encouraging value for money,start up equipment manufacturers?
    Not everyone has a family heirloom passed down to them or has parents that can afford a £1000 secondhand, ex clay ground, bag of bolts beretta to buy their kids! In my honest, (objective ?!) opinion, that’s a far better option than you are giving it credit for!
    Just saying!!
    PS Sorry Wylie valley keepers, but you can keep your local gun smiths shop, Ill fitting mini skirt and all ! She hasn’t got a clue what she’s talking about!!!

14. Max Trouble on September 22, 2022 at 8:27 pm

Nice wood!

15. wholeNwon on September 22, 2022 at 8:27 pm

Depending and the size of the kid who wants to start shooting, a 28 ga. would be more useful long-term. 26-28" barrels. Always include eye and ear protection!!!!!!!

16. JP Cody on September 22, 2022 at 8:30 pm

Please tell me you are going to make Ant shoot clays with this…..

17. Cgm 55 on September 22, 2022 at 8:30 pm

So should I buy one?? 🤔 🤔 🤔 I have 3 boys 12,10 and 4

18. Dave Graham on September 22, 2022 at 8:32 pm

As mad as it sounds I know they do this model In a black action and I was thinking it would be great with an adjustable comb I’m not a junior I’m 6ft 7 and making a gun fit can be hard with

19. Tom Yorke on September 22, 2022 at 8:32 pm

I miss going shooting when we come out of lock down I am going to spend so much on clays I want to make my side by sides sing again haha. When I have a child Id love for them to get into shooting. My first gun was a 20 gauge so never really shot a .410 also more of a fan of a straight line stock.

20. Luke Dog on September 22, 2022 at 8:34 pm

I bought a yildiz 410 side by side. I have many guns but I wanted a gun that reminded me of my youth and didn’t really want to spend a lot on a 410. The gun patterns great and shoots to the point of aim perfectly. The stock doesn’t fit me exactly like I hoped and the barrel selector is awful. It is to loose and often prevents me from getting the gun to go into fire without some looking down at it and getting it aligned exactly.

21. Graham Simpkins on September 22, 2022 at 8:35 pm

New little review 👍
    That a great gun for kids, mate son has one and he love using it

22. Joseph Stealin on September 22, 2022 at 8:36 pm

Do you guys have any videos about getting a license?

23. Rob on September 22, 2022 at 8:36 pm

talking about shotguns. How about you get a shotgun mic😉 or something that doesn’t make horrible noises the whole video 😂😂

24. Nick Bitten on September 22, 2022 at 8:37 pm

There is something fun about breaking clays with a .410 be you old or young.

25. Salty Larry on September 22, 2022 at 8:38 pm

Just picked up my third Yildiz, a 20 ga SPZ ME, a few weeks ago. At 5.75 lbs it’s a bit whippy, but if you can cope with that it’ll smash the clays.
    They go for under $500 new over here, and in my opinion you have to spend more than double that to find something to rival them.

26. Jack Robbins on September 22, 2022 at 8:39 pm

Like all my friends when we were started out shooting at 10 or 12. We got single bbl. 410’s full choke hammer guns. Mostly started on doves however I killed my first bobwhite quail when I was 10, pure luck I am sure. These were the absolute worst possible choice of gun and gauge that a young shooter could have been started with. ( I know bore not gauge) When my brother wanted to start his son hunting I recommended he start him on a 20 or 16 gauge. I got him a Ithaca model 37 in 16 gauge with 2 bbls . 20 gauge 37’s are hard to find here. He was like most boys these days larger than we were at 12 or so. He had no trouble handling the 16 and in a couple of years moved on to a 12 gauge. He was quite deadly with the 16 and very deadly with a 12. Do your young son a favor start them with a 20 gauge gas auto with a youth stock. Switch to the adult stock when they grow into it and a 12 gauge after that. By the way I bought a 410 Yildz last year after I saw your video of the little side by side. Just because I wanted one. Like it but don’t think I will be carrying it to the duck blind. I live in Virginia and enjoy your videos very much. My hunting days are coming to a end however. I am 73 years old with health issues and don’t have the burning desire to go that I once did. That is okay I have killed my share of quail, doves, ducks, geese,brant,deer, woodcock, rabbits,squirrels,pheasants. My share and 10 other guys share. Thanks for the videos and I wish I could buy some of the old side by sides you show on the channel. To much trouble to try to import I would think. By the way I still get to the duck blind once or twice a week. Best regards from a old broken down hunter. Jack

27. Sam Clarke on September 22, 2022 at 8:43 pm

Great work again Jonny, got my lad a Kofs version of this and it’s been great, he loves it and is hitting well with it. Agreed that it’s not a long term gun but the 28 will be next and then he’s onto my guns. So when you look at what it costs against some of the 410 used market it makes sense.

28. Simon Brown on September 22, 2022 at 8:43 pm

bought one last summer for my 11year old lad, cracking starter shotgun!
    only down side is the amount of slabs and clays hes getting through but the smile more than makes up for the expense

29. Нормальный парень on September 22, 2022 at 8:44 pm

Franchi instinct sl

30. Dan Hill on September 22, 2022 at 8:44 pm

How many 3 gallon buckets of shells are long term? 😁

31. kerm on September 22, 2022 at 8:45 pm

Please can you review the 28b one

32. LethalCssPlayer on September 22, 2022 at 8:46 pm

Love the vids but recently been noticing the mic is bloody terrible(static/blow out). Not sure if its the placement of it or what but seems like a phone would get better audio for the most part.

33. Mat Wills on September 22, 2022 at 8:46 pm

Do more Junior gun vids

34. collw2 on September 22, 2022 at 8:47 pm

I’d like to see a new Huglu reviewed. I think they are better turkish then Yildiz.

35. medic319 on September 22, 2022 at 8:49 pm

What are your thoughts of a KOFS vs Yildiz in .410? Any advantage of one over the other? Or are they much the same?

36. shane jones on September 22, 2022 at 8:49 pm

Thanks for the review I’m sold on one of these for my 12 year old

37. The69bombero on September 22, 2022 at 8:50 pm

That affordable shotgun might give that guy an allergic reaction. Gun snob alert.

38. Brett Hay on September 22, 2022 at 8:50 pm

I have a Bettinsoli 20 gauge with 5 chokes- perfect for my son to learn to shoot and for dad to have some fun with. The great thing about the 20 gauge is you can also hunt with it, which is mostly what we do.

39. Dingo on September 22, 2022 at 8:53 pm

Another beutiful gun. My O/U is a Franchi with fake colour case, but I’m a sucker for engraving. I may try to get some engraving added WITH the colour case hardening. I think that would just be the ticket.

40. Blessed Gypsies on September 22, 2022 at 8:53 pm

Non-binary 😂 don’t tell me it’s making its way to you guys too lol next you will have a president you didn’t elect😊

41. Bmark on September 22, 2022 at 8:53 pm

Would you review the Stevens 555 youth model also. Im looking at the 28 gauge for my eleven year old daughter.

42. redlightbulb on September 22, 2022 at 8:56 pm

So what would your ideal kids shotguns be for 7-8yo 9-10yo when I started shooting I was 8 ISH old man just gave me his 12b to heavy and big so we went and brought cheep 20b from a Show 20+years later Still gets used.

43. Robert Underdunk Terwilliger on September 22, 2022 at 9:00 pm

Should come with adj comb and rubber buttpad w spacers. Kids grow out of guns fast.

44. Mark Grey on September 22, 2022 at 9:00 pm

Bought a 28b version of this for my daughter to learn on. Great value.

45. Evan Harte on September 22, 2022 at 9:01 pm

I have the 20 bore junior version, really good gun. Magnum proof aswell

46. Nick Brown on September 22, 2022 at 9:04 pm

It’s Ant in the small market. ?

47. rami klaib on September 22, 2022 at 9:05 pm

the video is magnificent , i really like this OU , i have the YILDIZ 410 single shot no chokes it works fine for short distances and small birds ,but u should fix your mice soon 😊

48. jmdavis45 on September 22, 2022 at 9:06 pm

It’s bound to be amazing after the underlever that you guys used.