The Best Way to Carry a Rifle on an ATV

The Best Way to Carry a Rifle on an ATV

I have tried many different ways of carrying my rifle on my quad, and this is the best way in my opinion. I believe it to be the best because it is the safest for the rifle whilst being easily accessible and convenient to carry. I do not think that there currently is a perfect product for this purpose but this one checks the most boxes for me, so I thought I would share with you.

Welcome to Traplines and Inlines, this channel focuses on my dog and I on our remote Off the Grid Homestead in Northern Canada. I make videos on off grid homesteading and building, trapping, chickens, mechanical projects, and hunting and fishing.

I went offgrid and started building my cabin over two years ago, while I was still in highschool. Since then I have built many things at the homestead and have had the priviledge of learning many things along the way.

The homestead is designed to be relatively low maintenance and with extremely minimal expenses. All of my electricity comes from solar power, heat from woodstoves, and I haul all my water so I dont have any monthly costs associated with my homestead.

I love the lifestyle, especially because it gives me the absolute freedom to do whatever I please. I plan on continuing to tackle awesome projects and work at building and fixing many more things, and I cant wait to share them with you on the channel.
Thanks for watching!

Traplines and Inlines Official Merchandise: https://traplines-and-inlines.creator-spring.com

1. mick laporta on November 24, 2022 at 9:38 pm

love your channel man, for a young guy your an old soul and pretty slick in everything you do , lots of young guys and old could take some tips from you , just wondering is that a sidearm on your hip and if so what do you carry be safe mick

2. Off the cuff adventures with Jamie on November 24, 2022 at 9:38 pm

Agree 100% mine rattled itself to death. I now like a narrow plywood box mounted on the front with a U-shaped notch in each end. With the rifle in a soft case lay it in the box with case open. I find that easy to grab the rifle quickly.I use the kolpins on the back.

3. Jennifer Graham on November 24, 2022 at 9:41 pm

He is back.

4. Arielle-Viking Venturer N Victuals on November 24, 2022 at 9:41 pm

Nice idea to stop your rifle getting rattled to pieces. 💯❤👍

5. Michael Butterworth on November 24, 2022 at 9:42 pm

Get a leather scabbard to keep rain snow mud off

6. Dingle Berry on November 24, 2022 at 9:43 pm

I need to grab a couple of them shits to mount the auger to the sled for ice fishing season

7. Grundy Mallory on November 24, 2022 at 9:44 pm

Dam fine , good idea thanks 😊 👍

8. David B on November 24, 2022 at 9:45 pm

Yep, I agree that’s how I carry 👍

9. Gerald Piacenza on November 24, 2022 at 9:46 pm

How about dust?

10. jen wallace on November 24, 2022 at 9:46 pm

In my opinion, you need to get your self a TC CONTENDER in the 45/410 GA. And you won’t have to worry about it

11. Dawn Kangas on November 24, 2022 at 9:50 pm

Awesome 😎

12. Ilona Öhman on November 24, 2022 at 9:51 pm

Love riffles on quad bike😅😍

13. David Bryant Automotive on November 24, 2022 at 9:52 pm

Could you do a video on your top picks for firearms around your cabin and in the Backcountry . Keep up the content .💯👌🏾

14. Dan Trutron on November 24, 2022 at 9:52 pm

Thanks for this – lot of win in the product.

15. Scott Smith on November 24, 2022 at 9:53 pm

I hope you guys up there in Canada can get rid of that rotten bastard Trudeau!

16. ron hanish on November 24, 2022 at 9:54 pm

Put a sock at the bottom and a hand towel around gun at the top

17. Ted Cottenden on November 24, 2022 at 9:54 pm

Great video, Man! And nicely narrated.
    – from Northern Nova Scotia – Safe Journeys my Friend.

18. Jody MacDougall on November 24, 2022 at 9:55 pm

Recently discovered your show and absolutely 💯 love watching you & the work that you do! I believe you’re located out west but wondering if you are actually a Cape Breton’re? My folks are from Inverness N.S. Great work BUD

19. Rodney Ross on November 24, 2022 at 9:56 pm

I understand the POS gun mount, I have two of them and they are totally useless. However, I do like your new one. Could you mount it on the right side front to back? Seems as snow has came in your neck of the woods.

20. Thor Gustafson on November 24, 2022 at 9:56 pm

Thanks there. Putting a set on my tractor.

21. hagopi on November 24, 2022 at 10:00 pm

What bracket are you using with your Kolpin gun boot?

22. Jody Seely on November 24, 2022 at 10:01 pm

Just curious as to what make and caliber rifle you carry? What are you using for a scope?

23. MICHAEL CHRISTOPHER on November 24, 2022 at 10:01 pm

Cool mount. Have you had problems with the barrel catching on tree branches?

24. Off Grid with D & J on November 24, 2022 at 10:02 pm

The constant bumping around in the fixed scabbards knock any scope out of true zero ,the Kolpin’s are the best.

25. James Spin on November 24, 2022 at 10:02 pm

I absoultly luv those style holders…unfortunatly in ontario they are illigal to have unless you gun is in a softcase…just found this out this past fall…when you are riding the quad you are legally transporting a gun…therefore it has to be out of public site…private propery would obviously be different

26. David Martin on November 24, 2022 at 10:03 pm

Good seeing ya again. Missed your vids. Gonna get some of those Kolpins for my Kawasaki 750 VTWIN ATV

27. Shoots-A-Stick on November 24, 2022 at 10:04 pm

I have 2 sets mounted on my 4 wheeler. They are both set up fore and aft (outboard) on my front rack. Does not get in the way of steering or side brush. I carry my rifle (on the right) in a soft case with a bungee around the front of the case. Helps keep the dust and rain off the rifle. I use the left side for a .22/shotgun or shooting sticks. They are very versatile.

28. KYS YouTube Employees on November 24, 2022 at 10:05 pm

YouTube is hiding your account!!!

29. Brent Little on November 24, 2022 at 10:08 pm

Awesome video!

30. Guy Boyer on November 24, 2022 at 10:10 pm

I can’t get enough of your videos

31. steven Paisley on November 24, 2022 at 10:11 pm

I use the same set up.But I put Mine more forward and down towards my foot As for bouncing I put a bungy cord on mine stops the case from bouncing around

32. Sheila M on November 24, 2022 at 10:11 pm

👍👍👍👍👍

33. K Vn on November 24, 2022 at 10:13 pm

More and more interest in less developed-off grid areas, Enbridge installation of oil line/line 3 in Up North Minnesota had nearby cabin’s renting for $1,600.00 month. Smaller family owned lumberyards selling out faster than supplying. The very hard work of restoring my old cabin is beginning to seem like a diamond in the rough.

34. Bryan Grim on November 24, 2022 at 10:13 pm

I liked you video, bud 👍. Greetings from Pennsylvania.

35. Agent Orange on November 24, 2022 at 10:15 pm

Man, fall looks nice out there

36. El Shep on November 24, 2022 at 10:15 pm

great review

37. William Tarr on November 24, 2022 at 10:17 pm

Hey buddy glad to see all is well this is an off question but do you ever have any rams break on ya I had a new batch and 3 broke in one day take care buddy

38. Smooch Mcguire on November 24, 2022 at 10:19 pm

Great video thanks

39. Seeds Outdoors on November 24, 2022 at 10:20 pm

Where are you from I’m trying to figure out the accent lol !

40. johnnythegreek58 on November 24, 2022 at 10:23 pm

I fully agree, I have those too and love them

41. Peter Piper on November 24, 2022 at 10:24 pm

You don’t need to carry the chainsaw on the ratchet grips because you’ll need your rifle in case a bear or wolf decides he wants a human meal. So keep the chain saw carrier for the chain saw do your ratchet grips are free to carry your rifle.

42. Sterling King on November 24, 2022 at 10:24 pm

what part of canada are you from? im in novascotia. great videos

43. AL CANTRELL on November 24, 2022 at 10:26 pm

Great video, thanks.
    That’s what I have on my Sportsman. And the same with the Polaris lock and ride on my SXS. KOLPIN that’s the way to go.

44. Steven Edwards on November 24, 2022 at 10:30 pm

Couldn’t you jam a piece of foam into the back of the plastic gun carrier as you closed it to mitigate the bouncing around?

45. michael jeffries on November 24, 2022 at 10:31 pm

GREAT VID, GREAT PRODUCT. UK

46. Bat Outdahell on November 24, 2022 at 10:31 pm

what cal. rife u carry all time,

47. Joseph Lipetzky on November 24, 2022 at 10:32 pm

Make a cover for your gun from a caribou

48. S H on November 24, 2022 at 10:32 pm

I saw soft case bungied down. You can pull your rifle quickly with minimal noise

49. Shagnasty on November 24, 2022 at 10:35 pm

The case is for foul weather, rain/snow.. keep an extra beanie in it to keep it from rattling. Also mount it on the front rack, so you can pull it while on the bike… on the back rack it’s not very accessible from the seat. I have both, the clamps work great too, but having a rifle mounted sideways will get caught on branches and whatnot in the bushes….New subscription here. …. I dig the vids… keep it up….

50. garypm1949 on November 24, 2022 at 10:35 pm

Hope you start trapping soon. Try getting a waterproof case for the rifle. I have a leather gun case for my rifle that would fit perfect in that clamp setup