The Classic DKS-501 Sniper – Fallout 4 Mod Throwback

The Classic DKS-501 Sniper – Fallout 4 Mod Throwback

Check out the mod here and show the author some love!
PC: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15909
Xbox: https://bethesda.net/en/mods/fallout4/mod-detail/4188271

Join the Dak Community Discord!

Patreon if you’d like to donate to the channel:

Streambeats by Harris Heller

1. lonecourierjoeyV2 on October 18, 2022 at 9:00 pm

Sadly i could only find the gobi rifle in my playthrough, the others never spawned

2. Bryan Daehling on October 18, 2022 at 9:00 pm

What is the item used at 1:42?

3. Andriej69 on October 18, 2022 at 9:01 pm

Awesome. I don’t think I’ve ever played FO 1/2 without using this gun

4. Hellcore on October 18, 2022 at 9:01 pm

I dont know if its considered an older mod but one mod i havent really seen many people talk about is the Stevens m-520 trench shotgun (idk if it has the tench or shotgun in the mod title but it does and also im on xbox one so im guessing its on pc but ya never know)

5. J0E BlDEN on October 18, 2022 at 9:02 pm

could you cover the m60, either the wardaddy m60 or m60&M60E3 by nadie(?) portdd by lkilgore. maybe you could cover vietnam mods, like the previously mentioned m60, the service rifle, the m14/m1a and other vietnam era weapons like that

6. Assassin Kapkan on October 18, 2022 at 9:03 pm

Falcon III Scout Pistol ?

7. Pragmatic Skeptic on October 18, 2022 at 9:04 pm

I tried this mod and did not like it. The 50 caliber receiver was nice but still won’t cut it late game imo.

8. Wesley Davis on October 18, 2022 at 9:05 pm

Not 100% sure but I really appreciate how the different calibers have unique sounds to them. Also I can’t see the modifications on your guns but it seemed like with 308 you had less ammo capacity than with 38 which is also really cool in my opinion. Wish the 50 cal didn’t have a suppressor so I could have heard what it sounded like

9. The Only wall To stare at on October 18, 2022 at 9:06 pm

Hey can you do best companion mod?

10. Mister Bones on October 18, 2022 at 9:07 pm

It’s not my mod but I would like your take on the enclave operator outfit for Fallout 4 mods

11. Just Some Person on October 18, 2022 at 9:09 pm

1:09 Dak: "What was Bethesda thinking with the Fallout 4 weapon choice? This is something I come to realize more and more every single day."
    Me: <Groan> Same. Fallouts 1 and 2 had a rich tradition of alternate-reality real weapons. Fallouts 3 and New Vegas generally continued that. Admittedly, a lot more in NV more than 3. But still, Beth did 3 and so clearly Once Upon A Time they knew what a real gun looked like. Aaaand then there was 4 and everyone went WTAF, Beth?!?!?! Nearly every classic gone or mauled horribly in a car accident. In their place absolute steaming piles of combat rifles and assault rifles and BLECH!

12. FestiveDemon on October 18, 2022 at 9:10 pm

I’m hoping that Only Death Could Part Us is covered one day, I love the mod and hope more people see how cool the rifle is. Till then I am once again asking for Atlas Summit, Lima Detachment, and Wilkes Estate quests mods be covered one day.

13. AnderZam on October 18, 2022 at 9:10 pm

A pity you cannot dissable the leveled list integration and have the gun just for yourself, many good gun mods suffer fron this.

14. Jerry y on October 18, 2022 at 9:11 pm

Ayeeee I’m early asf

15. MrNacho453 on October 18, 2022 at 9:11 pm

Seriously what was Bethesda thinking with the weapons. 🤔

16. C on October 18, 2022 at 9:11 pm

is that a mod that makes the 1st person camera further back?

17. Aristotle on October 18, 2022 at 9:13 pm

Love this gun.its a classic.
    My only gripe is that the scopes are way too big…

18. dantles1992 on October 18, 2022 at 9:16 pm

if only it did not have so much bugs it would be better

19. Simon the Blind on October 18, 2022 at 9:17 pm

Apologies. I know this is out of place. I’m slowly losing my vision, and I’ve had trouble tracking down an answer to this myself: how do I donate to modders on the Nexus? They’re the only reason this game or Skyrim are worth playing. I’m able to give a little back, and I’d like to, preferably without Patreon (I don’t like monthly commitments; they’re hard for me to track).

20. James Hanor on October 18, 2022 at 9:20 pm

Love this mod. Can’t believe Bethesda thought the hunting rifle tactical stock would be a substitute for this.

21. Soviet Starfish Productions on October 18, 2022 at 9:20 pm

I mean technically it does exist in base fallout 4, it’s the hunting rifle with a scope and high end stock

22. Excalibur aLmAsRu7I on October 18, 2022 at 9:24 pm

is ther good power armed mods

23. j h on October 18, 2022 at 9:24 pm

Absolutely love this one. Fits so perfectly into the game, looks awesome, and is an amazing end game sniper weapon if your not interested in running an AMR style sniper.

With this and the NV AMR your basically covered for sniper weapons.

24. Connor on October 18, 2022 at 9:26 pm

Does anyone know how to get it to work for ps4

25. Small Wonder on October 18, 2022 at 9:28 pm

Cool mod, currently playing with it. But i have some glitche – unique wariants haven’t spawned, except gobi campaign rifle😒

26. TallNest on October 18, 2022 at 9:30 pm

100

27. Super Jerick on October 18, 2022 at 9:34 pm

My only problem with this gun is that it takes up a lot of screen space in 1st person

28. OldPhe on October 18, 2022 at 9:34 pm

Fo4 fucks up in a lot of ways, but it DOES have good lighting

For its time*

29. Gabe Rossi on October 18, 2022 at 9:35 pm

My only problem is that it takes up HALF THE GOD DAMNED SCREEN

30. B1g Tex on October 18, 2022 at 9:36 pm

Loving the vids. Keep up the great work. Have you ever looked at the Handmade Turrets mod by Ruinedworld? I feel it’s very lore friendly and goes well with the game.

31. Jim Jam on October 18, 2022 at 9:39 pm

Hands down my favourite weapon mod for Fallout 4.
    I remember when I was still on Xbone and it was the first thing I searched for, and luckily Lt.Commander had made this beauty.
    It’s been part of the Fallout 4 modding lifecycle for so long and it’s still relevant.

32. Matt on October 18, 2022 at 9:39 pm

glad you covered it my friend

33. Daniel Wolfgang on October 18, 2022 at 9:39 pm

I tested this mod a while back, its highly customizable and can also serve as an equivalent to the semi automatic combat rifle if modified properly. ^^

34. Jamean Berry on October 18, 2022 at 9:41 pm

You should check out either galac tac retribution or project Valkyrie!

35. Paul Hughes on October 18, 2022 at 9:44 pm

I wonder if theres any good fallout 1 + 2 weapon mod bundles for fallout 4

36. Red on October 18, 2022 at 9:45 pm

I’ve been using this mod for a long while and somehow never knew there are uniques. Thanks alot for that! Now I have more stuff to hunt down

37. isaac marcucci on October 18, 2022 at 9:46 pm

Why won’t anyone make the single shot rifle from 1 and 2. It used 10mm and was the epitome of early game. A good customizable raider like 10mm single shot rifle would be a god send.

38. Tom Simpson on October 18, 2022 at 9:47 pm

Love how they’ve added a crap tier version, but that’s gonna be a good weapon for a raider, especially on survival. Maybe you could give us a list of your favourite f3 or nv weapon mods that round out fallout 4 nicely? There’s been a few new ones and some updates so would be a good one to see the top picks for lore friendly guns all in one place

39. nillman on October 18, 2022 at 9:47 pm

Doombased weapon pack..

40. Atomik Cosmonaut on October 18, 2022 at 9:47 pm

It’s *THE* fallout rifle

41. Stuff 96 on October 18, 2022 at 9:48 pm

It seems Bethesda spent like 20 minutes coming up with ideas for guns and 16 of those minutes went into the pipe weapons

42. Warystatue33 Born again on October 18, 2022 at 9:49 pm

Just got a gaming laptop soon I shall be playing modded fallout

43. liquidlethe on October 18, 2022 at 9:52 pm

The scope is so freaking large in your face. I wish there was a first person reposition for this sniper rifle like the laser rifles reposition mod.

44. Yeoldewar on October 18, 2022 at 9:52 pm

This is a mod that has been in my load order since it first came out.

45. Fallout Fart on October 18, 2022 at 9:53 pm

I used to have this in my load order on Xbox but some of the spawns weren’t working

46. Benjamin Vallsten on October 18, 2022 at 9:53 pm

You should check out b35c armor it adds a new armor set and im pretty sure it has level list intergeation

47. someone1tohold on October 18, 2022 at 9:55 pm

you do know about the lean mechanic right….

48. CheeZbredDawG on October 18, 2022 at 9:55 pm

Hey Dak, any way to get the uniques to force spawn on the console? The Victory rifle and the reservist rifle haven’t spawned in their expected locations. Unless they a level gated…idk. Since I play on console is there a way to fix this or am I screwed?

49. Attak Zak on October 18, 2022 at 9:56 pm

Weapons that should have been in Fallout 4 but Bethesda was so sure their customizable modding system would be a substitute:

•R91 Assault Rifle
    •Chinese Assault Rifle
    •10mm SMG
    •DKS-501 Sniper Rifle
    •FO3/NV Gauss Rifle
    •Any other pistol besides the 10mm and Deliverer
    •A pump-action shotgun of any kind

50. JassassinE on October 18, 2022 at 9:57 pm

Great Review! I too, don’t understand why this Sniper didn’t make it to Fo4. I remember, in Vegas getting the Gobi was like winning to lottery! I’ve, always enjoyed this Mod. – Jass.