The Long Eye Relief Scope – 2-7 Power in your Pocket

The Long Eye Relief Scope – 2-7 Power in your Pocket

To paraphrase the late Jeff Cooper,
When heading into the unknown, you want a rifle that can do it all. Lightweight, for running through the forest a good long ways. Accurate, so you can hit what you need to. Straightforward, so from the rifle to the shooter, there’s no difficulties.

Normal scopes stay up close and take your whole field of vision.
This is the LER – Long Eye Relief – scope.
It stays away from your face, so the whole field stays in your view.

When you’re trekking through the woods, you want to see what’s going on around you. When a deer pops out fifty yards away, you need a sight picture – fast. If he starts running, you’ve got to see where he’s running to.
With the scope farther from your face, all of that becomes a whole lot easier.

Modern rifle design has come a long way, but unless you’re willing to crossfit every time you hunt, they just don’t make them like they used to.
In the LER scope, form meets function.
Like the scout rifle it’s built for, this scope is compact, lightweight, and straightforward. It stays out of the way of the receiver, handling all those tricky mounting situations and keeping your thumb safe from your eyepiece.

Scout rifle, meet scout scope.

1” tube, 32mm objective, and just 10 ounces.
2 reticles available. The duplex to keep it simple, or the BDC for holdovers when there’s no time to dial.

Hi-Lux On Social Media:
► Like on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LeatherwoodHiLuxOptics
► Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/leatherwoodoptics
► Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/hiluxinc

1. s on October 25, 2022 at 8:59 pm

I bought LER for my Ruger gunsite scout before US ban selling scope to foreign countries and it still works fine. Using168gn it perfect matching with BDC. Hope Hilux can have dealer in Australia so more shooters here can enjoy the products.

2. Vincent Balintucas on October 25, 2022 at 9:23 pm

What rifle and caliber is that?

3. LooxGood on October 25, 2022 at 9:24 pm

As a former active Gun Control Advocate, started to watch Sootch, Iraqvet, and MAC on Youtube to find out what these gun nuts are all about…now I am a proud owner of M1A Squad Scout and got me this scope about a year ago. This is a quality scope. If only I had a QD scope mount…

4. G Frankie on October 25, 2022 at 9:24 pm

Hi
    Would you stand by your lifetime warranty for overseas customers as well?
    There is no active dealer here in New Zealand, but I need a scout scope.
    I see no issues with recoil failures so far, so I expect will withstand my 7.5×55 swiss K 31 doing about 2500 fps with 165 gr. similar to 308 or even less recoil.

5. Beep Beep on October 25, 2022 at 9:28 pm

LER is something that fell out of favor reasons I don’t understand (sure the pistol garbage in the eighties). Thank you for making one! If you made a video of a LER on a modern sporting rifle that would be very welcome. They could be a great forward mounted battle rifle scope?

6. InTheYear2525 on October 25, 2022 at 9:46 pm

The amount of time and adjustment that shooter has to take before he can take a shot is pretty much the antithesis of what scout scopes/rifles are all about. I don’t know if the rifle needs a cheekpad, or what, but watching this video is just painful.