The Ruger 357 – Revolver and Rifle: Guns & Gear|S4

The Ruger 357 – Revolver and Rifle: Guns & Gear|S4

In this segment of Guns and Gear® Season 4, Ruger’s Lori Petoske discusses both the Ruger 357 Magnum revolver and the Ruger 77/357 rifle. For more info on this product visit http://www.ruger.com/index.html

Guns and Gear is back for a fourth season to showcase the newest and most interesting firearms and products in the industry. Offering a gun shop in your living room, each episode delivers in-studio interviews, field and range demonstrations, and tips from top shooting instructors.

Guns and Gear airs on the NBC Sports Network on Mondays at 12:30pm Eastern and Wednesdays at 12:00pm ET; the Pursuit Channel on Wednesdays at 12:30 p.m. ET, Thursdays at 4:30 p.m. ET, Fridays at 7:30 p.m. ET and Saturdays at 9:30 p.m. ET and 1:00 a.m. ET; and internationally on WILD TV on Mondays at 6:00 a.m. ET, Tuesdays at 11:00 p.m. ET, and Fridays at 3:00 p.m. ET. Check your local listings for channel info. Watch show segments, learn more about the products, and get the latest news at www.gunsandgeartv.com.

Copyright © 2014 357 Media, LLC

1. Scott Powell on January 3, 2023 at 12:50 am

Can you build a semiautomatic in a M77 with a .357 chamber. you know like an M1 garand or an M14. could probably use a 12x scope.

2. Zen Rhees on January 3, 2023 at 12:50 am

This lady know zip about guns.

3. Daniel 357 on January 3, 2023 at 12:51 am

Love a lot of the ruger rifles. However. I hate that damn rotary mag. One. Its limited on rounds. Two. When your in the field that is not the time to mess around with a mag like that. Their not cheap and it’s a pain reloading those in the field with either rounds or new mag. Ruger needs to go to a standard mag type. Love to see a semi automatic m14 style for the 357 but with a curved mag like ruger did for the 44.

4. David Rivero on January 3, 2023 at 12:52 am

Darn bolt on the wrong side . Hell…you knew that. lol Its about time , something else that a levergun came along in . 357. This the kind of gimmiks that works, tired of punny’s.17’s. Here, loading possibilities are endless.

5. Jack Doe on January 3, 2023 at 12:52 am

I’ve been wanting a 77/357 since they came out. Damn handy little carbine, it looks to be.

6. simon frampton on January 3, 2023 at 12:53 am

It would make a great boaters defense gun with two options of ammo

7. the hillbilly gamer ! on January 3, 2023 at 12:55 am

Need to make a semi-automatic version of that and that’d be awesome possum

8. Victor Mudrack on January 3, 2023 at 12:57 am

Just stumbled upon this old vid. Did my heart good to see that youngblood southpaw’n that bolt-gun.

9. Terrill Schinstock on January 3, 2023 at 12:58 am

Make it in something other than bolt action im interested in a lever or pump or auto loader

10. Victor von Doom71 on January 3, 2023 at 12:59 am

How bout a 10 round mag that would be very special☺

11. hotsausekid05 hotsausekid05 on January 3, 2023 at 12:59 am

I think ruger should make a automag,like an up scaled version of their 22 pistols

12. Arapahoe Tactical on January 3, 2023 at 12:59 am

My question is why not a .357 mag in either a lever or semi-auto long gun.

13. pinkeye00 on January 3, 2023 at 1:00 am

Now if they only made a lefty version, homey. all day long.

14. John Eason on January 3, 2023 at 1:01 am

I’m sold, love the model 77s
    If this was a take down like the 9mm would be fantastic. I

15. Bob's Radio on January 3, 2023 at 1:04 am

When I bought my Ruger Super Blackhawk in 1965 the first thing I learned was the recoil made it necessary to learn how to handload. The minimum load in the handbooks recoils like a .22 RF. There are a multitude of different loadings between the minimum and maximum loads. There was never a need to buy .44 Special brass.
    The .38 Special works fine in target revolvers and ultra compact revolvers, but should not be used in the longer .357 Magnum chambers. One of the things I learned as a kid was to not shoot .22 Shorts in a Long Rifle chamber. The same thing should apply here, unless you really enjoy doing a lot of frequent and thorough cleanings. Therefore, anyone that owns a .357 and doesn’t like the recoil, should learn how to handload. It worked for me.

16. Adolf Hitmaker on January 3, 2023 at 1:06 am

Make a semi auto like your M44 or Deerfield but in .357!!!

17. Prepperjon PNW on January 3, 2023 at 1:07 am

I like the idea of a rifle and handgun that use the same ammo. It’s very convenient for times that aren’t centered around shooting like fishing or camping. When my son was just starting out he used a Ruger 10/22 and a 22lr pistol. I could hand him one box of ammo and off he went. I would like to see the rifle in semi-auto though with a 10 or 20 round magazine. Basically a 10/357.

18. Sneeuwwolf on January 3, 2023 at 1:09 am

Weird way to shoot a bolt action.. must be a lefty or something… Damn commies

19. Don Berry on January 3, 2023 at 1:12 am

Has nobody extended the magazine capacity. If it was more popular somebody would.

20. Grant Fishing on January 3, 2023 at 1:12 am

Why would you want this over a lever action?

21. M A on January 3, 2023 at 1:12 am

An m77 357 mag with a reloader you might as well build ur "shootin-apt" at the range because you will never leave the range…👍

22. Propeller Head on January 3, 2023 at 1:13 am

I get it. Ruger already had the model 77 so why not. But I already have a lever .357 so this makes no sense to me. An auto loader based on their PC carbine in .357 would be the ticket. They would sell a millions of them. I loves me some Rugers.. Fine and rugged American Firearm.

23. Dragonfly Fab on January 3, 2023 at 1:15 am

I hate Ruger. Every time I look around another on has move in!

24. Mark Alford on January 3, 2023 at 1:16 am

How about a good pump 357 . That would get it done👍

25. Doc Holiday on January 3, 2023 at 1:17 am

Same shitty sights!

26. William Ryan on January 3, 2023 at 1:17 am

Be nice if they made a left hand version.

27. David Rivero on January 3, 2023 at 1:18 am

It figures, no Rambo appeal, no rail for those that hang a Qbeam on their firearms or high capacity magazines. It really is a shame. Nice rifle , by the way & enjoy it. 👍

28. Wayne on January 3, 2023 at 1:19 am

16 inch threaded barrel and suppressor sights . And it would be perfect

29. Garrett Nisssn on January 3, 2023 at 1:19 am

Make one in 9mm

30. Rod Norman on January 3, 2023 at 1:20 am

A good idea always especially for anyone staying in the brush for any period of time. But I would want it in .44 mag.

31. fed up on January 3, 2023 at 1:20 am

HEY!! A guy that shoots a bolt like I do!! 😆

32. charles reynolds on January 3, 2023 at 1:26 am

lefty

33. Rei Kai Honeybee on January 3, 2023 at 1:27 am

I need one

34. Jay Warren Clark on January 3, 2023 at 1:29 am

You are not testing the .38 Special. If you do you will be surprised by its velocity and energy from a rifle. Then if you hand load with a slow powder you will see something dramatic!
    I have lots of hot loaded .38s for emergencies.
    Check it out. Not too bad in long barreled handguns either–.45 colt energies with a slow powder! Of course shoot them with a strong revolver.
    .38 are great for plinking sure. But don’t underestimate them as a defense or hunting round out of a rifle!

35. Dave Murphy on January 3, 2023 at 1:30 am

This video shows how painfully obvious it is that Ruger needs to make left handed versions of these.

And maybe a .500 S&W version too?

36. Scubaguy007 on January 3, 2023 at 1:31 am

I like it, but 5 shots?! Please Ruger I understand making it "look streamlined" but a little bump at the bottom would not have hurt to get at least one more in there. These are beautiful guns, but I’m afraid if I have $1000 to spend I’m going to get a Henry Lever gun in 357 magnum. That’s just me, but without a high capacity magazine option I can’t see owning this.

37. anton1949 on January 3, 2023 at 1:32 am

That Ruger rifle does not have lug bolts in the breech.

38. rustopholis on January 3, 2023 at 1:32 am

took me a few minutes to figure out why something seemed off. HE’s A LEFTY!

39. Friedrich Wilhelm on January 3, 2023 at 1:33 am

i like the ball shaped bolt knob i HATE the pill shaped knobs

40. Hot Dog Soup on January 3, 2023 at 1:35 am

Can Ruger do a revolver style rifle?

41. John VanLuinen on January 3, 2023 at 1:38 am

daddy wants one

42. Alfonso Munoz on January 3, 2023 at 1:38 am

First gun I ever bought was a Ruger GP-100. Second gun I ever bought was a Ruger P-89. Third gun I ever bought was a Ruger 10-22. Noticing a pattern?

43. geezerp1982 on January 3, 2023 at 1:38 am

desgined for communst states and countries

44. Chevy 4x4 on January 3, 2023 at 1:41 am

I want one!

45. Shipwrek 4 on January 3, 2023 at 1:42 am

Make the pc carbine in 10 mm already

46. Predrag Djuric on January 3, 2023 at 1:44 am

Is there 77/.357 rifle with a wooden furniture?

47. Michael Norman on January 3, 2023 at 1:45 am

glad they brought these back into production as well as the 44 magnum

48. Kipper White on January 3, 2023 at 1:45 am

TY well done + video on my bucket list but time is aginst me unless I recycle LoL Hog Gun Ruger #! glad 2 field test one 4Ya’s

49. Lifted_Above on January 3, 2023 at 1:46 am

Velocity increase with hotter cartridges such as Buffalo Bore? They are nowhere close. Try 158gr bullet @ 2,153 fps from 18.5" barrel. That’s 1,627 ft-lb muzzle energy.

50. Tjd on January 3, 2023 at 1:47 am