The VERY COSTLY Differences Between Modular and Manufactured Homes

The VERY COSTLY Differences Between Modular and Manufactured Homes

There is some confusion between modular and manufactured homes with that home buyers can be misinformed about which home will make them the most money when it’s time to sell. In this video, we will be going over the most costly differences in Modular homes and manufactured home so you can make the most profit when it’s time for you to sell your investment.

🔴 If you’d like some more videos on affordable housing: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL2NpJzFd3bsMaKD2r5SSDmdurZoh-t6f
🔴 Here are the 5 biggest MYTHS of Manufactured Homes, https://youtu.be/4O2Ns0S14GU
Please Feel Free To Drop Me A Email At Info@YourRealEstateWhisperer.com
Or You Can Call Me Direct At: 1-225-246-1812
🏡To look for properties in the Baton Rouge and Ascension Parish area click here: https://goo.gl/Pfi9W9

🌎To read my blog visit yourrealestatewhisperer.com

📭To Send Mail:
Kristina Smallhorn
PO BOX 1271
Prairieville LA 70769
#Manfacturedhome #modularHome #KristinaSmallhorn

Kristina Smallhorn, Your Real Estate Whisperer kristina.smallhorn@exprealty.com,info@yourrealestatewhisperer.com
eXp Realty LLC,2900 Westfork Dr. Suite 401, Baton Rouge LA 70817
225-246-1812,Office (225) 412-9982 ext# 149
Kristina Smallhorn is a licensed REALTOR® with the state of Louisiana, License #0912122918
Disclaimer:
All images and additional video segments contained in the Thumbnails and/or B-roll segments are used in strict compliance with the appropriate permissions and licenses required from https://pixabay.com and in accordance with the YouTube Partner Program, Community guidelines & YouTube terms of service. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you as a buyer.

1. 42principles on September 14, 2022 at 8:35 pm

2. Anthony G. on September 14, 2022 at 8:35 pm

You rarely get a increase on a single wide or double wide home. You DO loose value on these homes as they are built with cheaper quality wood, cabinets, flooring. I should know, I work at a plant that builds them. I have also worked in the new home construction field for 22 years. The material that is used in mobile homes is about 80% cheaper quality and breaks down over time.

3. T C on September 14, 2022 at 8:36 pm

this is a real home for me also. it’s not about resale value, this is the home we can afford and retire in. we dont want to be mortgaged up to the neck worried about the burden of paying that off on a limited retirement income. ours is going onto land we bought. in a nice quiet area, near a town we like and friends nearby. people forget that life is about living it now not "passing down" something that will have given you a financial headache while you are alive. appreciate the life you have.

4. Misfit Krew on September 14, 2022 at 8:36 pm

The town in California is more than likely Huntington Beach California. The mobile homes in that park are over $1 million.

5. Bozo Bozo on September 14, 2022 at 8:38 pm

Who owns most of the Manufactured Home companies I heard it was Billionaire Warren Buffet

6. Vanessa Simmons on September 14, 2022 at 8:38 pm

Two years in my manufactured home (3 br/2ba, 1600sf)…total cost to buy and put on land (1/2 acre) I owned plus build an oversized two car detached garage…$222,000. Moved in end of Jan 2020 just in time for Covid lockdown. Just had reappraised at $305,000. 2×6 walls, tankless water heater, plumbed for gas and electric stove and dryer, top of the line windows. Better built than the local stick builts…didn’t get rained on while being built. Plus several of those builders are being sued for shotty workmanship. Could have had the exact same floor plan as a modular but it would have taken an extra 6 months to get through the local building department, SMH!

7. Jodi McKee on September 14, 2022 at 8:41 pm

My husband and I currently live in a manufactured home and we love it. We downsized from a 3000 sq ft home and love the financial freedom we now have. I think manufactured homes get a bad rap because you always see the run down homes on the news with the toothless dude in a sleeveless shirt out front talking about how the hurricane took out his house. I live in Louisiana so I can say that. Manufactured homes are no different than a regular home, they require regular maintenance and upkeep. We have replaced our roof with a metal roof, replaced windows, doors, flooring all kinds of stuff. No different than a regular home. Our place is 23 years old and no one believes us. It looks great! DO YOUR MAINTENANCE!

8. M Evans on September 14, 2022 at 8:43 pm

A buck is way too low for a bang

9. Marc W. on September 14, 2022 at 8:44 pm

My dad bought home for $14k paying rent on the land, in Florida – sold it 1 year later for $80k.
    2 b 1 b with yard. Yes $14k furnished !

10. Kristina Smallhorn on September 14, 2022 at 8:44 pm

Are You Thinking Of Buying A *Modular Or Manufactured Home* ? To Know More About The 5 * Biggest Lies About Manufactured Homes* https://youtu.be/4O2Ns0S14GU

11. Moses Exodus on September 14, 2022 at 8:44 pm

So beautiful, amazing, lovely, and wonderful. Much Blessings to you. ✝Thanks for sharing, Lord-Jesus-Christ com

12. Julia Ballantyne on September 14, 2022 at 8:46 pm

Can you compare modular versus barndominium in terms of quality, longevity and cost? I will be building outside of Santa Fe, NM.

13. DBeazRN 3 on September 14, 2022 at 8:47 pm

THANK YOU!!! I keep telling my father-in-law that there’s a difference AND depending on the floor plan & materials, ITS A HUGE DIFFERENCE!! Blessings!!

14. Chris Graham on September 14, 2022 at 8:49 pm

Some friends were lucky enough to have a house in the city and a lake front cottage in cottage country. When they retired, they demolished the 80 year old cottage, constructed a full basement foundation and had a modular home (3 sections) placed on the foundation. Sold the city home and moved into the new modular. It’s huge and beautifully constructed with quality materials and almost impossible to identify as a modular home. They now have the money to live their summers in their paradise location and spend 3 months of every Canadian winter travelling the world.

15. gtdrummerdude on September 14, 2022 at 8:50 pm

I am having issues with pricing looking at these homes. We went to a MH showroom in Chandler, AZ and the base price for the home we liked (Champion Homes "The Loft" model) was $125,000. On a website online I found that EXACT HOME (literally pictures of the model in Chandler, the same one we were standing in) for $108,000. When we go to purchase, should we be negotiating? Or simply just telling the company what we are willing to pay based on online prices?
    Thanks!

16. John Laser on September 14, 2022 at 8:52 pm

Great information Kristina. Answered many of my questions

17. ken powell on September 14, 2022 at 8:53 pm

ramey is not very informed—-california park homes have gone up 300% or more depending on location beach models can be over $ 1,000,000( MILLIONS) yicks!!

18. benjiebarker on September 14, 2022 at 8:53 pm

do you have a link to that 2 storey manufactured home?

19. Jackie Jackie on September 14, 2022 at 8:54 pm

Hello, my husband and I are in the process of looking to build an affordable home on our own land. My husband is a US military veteran retired, whom is 100% disabled. Our lender has suggested looking into modular homes. Can you recommend a couple builders whom will build in central TX?

20. George Stiller on September 14, 2022 at 8:54 pm

So far the manufactured homes in Windward Village in Spring Hill, Fl have increased in value dramatically in this hot housing market. Currently a 1990 Top at 1,400 sq. ft. is going for $69,000, a 1990 Fleetwood at 927 sq. ft. is going for $72,000, a 2005 Palm Harbor at 1296 sq. ft. is going for $125,00, a 1991 Merrit at 1,566 sq. ft. is going for $135,000, while a 1996 Skyline at 1,566 sq. ft. is going for $149,000.

21. Joe Zyzyx on September 14, 2022 at 8:55 pm

Another tip is buy the land you want, where you want it, making sure zoning will allow the manufactured home on it, as an empty lot, then buy the manufactured home separately. NEVER do a deal where the manufactured home seller "will find you a lot" to put his product on. Buying a lot can get you a mortgage from a bank, at lower interest rate. Also never tie the land into the second mortgage for the manufactured home, whether you just took a mortgage on the lot, and especially if you already own it (no mortgage). That way, if your financial situation goes bad, the seller of the manufactured home could repossess it, but you still have the land clear of him being able to get the land too. Keep it separate!

22. Marvin Heyboer on September 14, 2022 at 8:57 pm

Modular home… manufactured home = crap. End of story.

23. mark truman on September 14, 2022 at 8:57 pm

thanks Kristina. This will help a lot. We are retired and looking to relocate. We are looking at both raw land and manufactured type homes. I did not know the difference between modular and manufactured so I learned today.
    We have lived in stick-built houses all our life and this idea of modular/manufactured is all brand new.
    thanks for making the information possible and understandable. I will be binge watching from my new teacher.

24. Frazier Green on September 14, 2022 at 8:59 pm

We did buy a manufactured home! We wanted a home that was gorgeous and affordable 💰🎁

25. Tara Robinett on September 14, 2022 at 8:59 pm

So manufactured home = mobile home/trailer?

26. AmericanMade1964 on September 14, 2022 at 9:00 pm

Modular homes have 2 by 6 walls hello not 2 by 4 …

27. PrivacyFight on September 14, 2022 at 9:01 pm

a home in which you live is not your "investment", it might be the bank’s investment but not the homeowner’s

28. Vivian Monroe on September 14, 2022 at 9:02 pm

My Mom bought a manufactured home (built 2014) in 2017 for $74,000 (cash) on half an acre. My Mom passed away in 2022 from COVID. We sold it for $185,000 this month.

29. Rafael The Moor on September 14, 2022 at 9:04 pm

Hi Kristina, you should make friends with the Social Workers who work in the Homeless program and HUD-VASH program at the VA hospitals

30. Bobby8451 on September 14, 2022 at 9:06 pm

Yeah, but if u go there in all seasons it’ll be bought up already.

31. seeburg10 on September 14, 2022 at 9:06 pm

I live in a rural area of Georgia. Some older manufactured homes near me are attractive and well-kept. Most are not. My friend paid about $50,000 for his manufactured home in 1995 and it’s now basically valueless and falling apart. Had he not wanted the latest and greatest shiny object with a whirlpool bath and bought an older brick or stick house for the same money, he would have something of value today.

32. mikeydan on September 14, 2022 at 9:07 pm

I like this gal. THIS is someone I would do business with.

33. Patricia Busch on September 14, 2022 at 9:09 pm

thinking about purchasing land and using that as collateral to purchase & place a modular home on it. Our thought is for the cost of the modular home coming already done the way I want it vs paying the same amount of money for a ‘stick’ home that still needs work.

34. Dan K on September 14, 2022 at 9:11 pm

I never knew the difference until this vid. Awesome! Manufactured homes in my area have and do appreciate in value.

35. Dan S on September 14, 2022 at 9:11 pm

Is the area in California you mentioned the Pacific Palisades Mobile Home community?

36. Lエネ on September 14, 2022 at 9:11 pm

you are awesome.

37. Trish Truitt on September 14, 2022 at 9:12 pm

Very helpful. Thank you!

38. Ira Sherman on September 14, 2022 at 9:14 pm

Thanks Kristina for your excellent videos!! I just purchased a manufactured home in Florida!! Paying cash for it and the lot rent right now is reasonable. I do realize it will increase each year and that is the cost of living in this nice community with 2 clubhouses and 2 pool areas! I transferred with my job also and my work is only 15 minutes away! The people seem nice in the community and the grounds are well kept. This is the next chapter in my life. I am 63 years old now and will work another 2-3 years and then retire and collect SS. Looking forward to becoming a Floridian. I will report back in 6 months with an update on how I like living in my community!!

39. Michael Robinson on September 14, 2022 at 9:14 pm

Very informative video, thank you!

40. Ava on September 14, 2022 at 9:14 pm

41. epjet21 on September 14, 2022 at 9:15 pm

I bought a double wide on 1 acre all together for 35000 in 2013. Sold it May of 2021 for 175000

42. Dolores Reynolds on September 14, 2022 at 9:15 pm

Who was that guy in the clip, panning mobile/manufactured homes? I live in a rural area, and if it was not for manufactured homes, we would have little development out here by any of the locals. Plenty of rich folks build their stick built ‘cabins’, but local incomes are not that high. I bought a foreclosed double-wide that needed a lot of work. I paid cash, was able to add to the land after waiting a few years. And have been revamping the interior as needed, and I have no mortgage – just property taxes. And property value in this area has increased greatly since I bought here.

43. Matt H on September 14, 2022 at 9:17 pm

I came here because I didn’t know the difference between a modular home and a manufactured home. Having lived my entire life in trailers, I guess it would be easier to just say "trailer" or "modular home." None of us call our places "manufactured home." I think someone somewhere was trying to church it up that they live in a trailer.

44. Liz R on September 14, 2022 at 9:23 pm

I hope I can get an answer …. I wan to buy land and modular or manufactured home… how do I get a loan.. do I go to a bank and get a loan and then search for land and mobile home… or how would I do all that. Anyone has advice for me? I’ve also never owned any property so I really need advice

45. borg386 on September 14, 2022 at 9:24 pm

Keep in mind that most manufactured homes can now be built as a modular home. Just cost more for some upgrades and a stemwall foundation.

46. Jennifer Holmes on September 14, 2022 at 9:25 pm

manufactured 2001 "double wide" 1,279 sq ft on a full basement same sq footage. so ,almost 2600 sq ft🤷

47. Marc W. on September 14, 2022 at 9:27 pm

When you compare Manuf and Modular – its not obvious which picture is which…

48. Petra Luh on September 14, 2022 at 9:28 pm

I am just dealing with this today. You only get conventional, FHA, VA financing if the home is manufactured AFTER June 15th 1976. Today it came down to the wire and we needed the exact month to determine if it’s a go or not.

49. Ling-Ling Liu on September 14, 2022 at 9:30 pm

👍👍👍

50. aran sleator on September 14, 2022 at 9:31 pm

Yes and no. The value of the house goes down but the value of the land goes up.

And if you buy a trailer in a trailer park. Sure the equity is non existent but your overall cost of living is way lower to help your savings