Top 10 Things You Didn't Know About The Beretta 92

Top 10 Things You Didn't Know About The Beretta 92

This video takes a look at 10 things you probably didn’t know about this historic side arm the Beretta 92.

Your support is critical to our mission and channel. Please consider becoming a GFG patron. http://www.patreon.com/godfamilyandguns

Our website offers a link to submit prayer request.http://www.godfamilyandguns.org

History of Weapons

Car Classics Youtube Channel

God Family and Guns

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/godfamilyandguns/

1. Ryan Heisler on November 20, 2022 at 9:44 pm

This gun is a Resident Evil Staple, I want this gun for home defense just for that fact alone. I am a huge RE fan 😁🧟‍♂️🧟

2. Mad Max on November 20, 2022 at 9:46 pm

I just bought a italian police trade in Baretta s, waiting on background check at this time taking about 1 1/2 – 3 weeks from what my FFL guy said.

3. Leo Agosto on November 20, 2022 at 9:47 pm

Tf

4. Big Kenny on November 20, 2022 at 9:47 pm

Some other semi- auto firearm manufacturers would do well in copying the almost perfect mag to chamber feeding for ammunition. It is almost impossible for a misfeed unless you use lead tipped or lead rounds.

5. Jamie Chmielewski on November 20, 2022 at 9:48 pm

The 93R is my unicorn and the top pf my wishlist

6. Stephen valastro on November 20, 2022 at 9:49 pm

Dude! pined eyes

7. Marcos Ramos on November 20, 2022 at 9:50 pm

I love the M9 but it needs a rail for a tactical attachments, and the safety needs to be relocated to the frame not the slide.

8. Rebel Jebb on November 20, 2022 at 9:51 pm

Lethal Weapon is why i bought mine, It’s one of mine i will never sell

9. Ben RandomJoe on November 20, 2022 at 9:53 pm

40% of this weapon can be fixed with paperclips, rubber bands, and toothpicks, allowing you to keep firing in an emergency. There are 5 additional ways to manipulate the gun to still fire single if any of the trigger system breaks.

10. Winston Churchhill on November 20, 2022 at 9:53 pm

I brought a beretta 92fs but I’m from the uk 🇬🇧 , so unfortunately we cannot own a pistol firearm,so the nearest I can get to it is a pellet pistol… lol 😂 !

11. The Mossottis on November 20, 2022 at 9:53 pm

Most military complaints about performance can be attributed not only to the cheap 3d party mags but also to their unwillingness/inability to maintain the guns with routine replacement parts, cleaning & care.

12. Kenneth Love on November 20, 2022 at 9:54 pm

Girsan version of Beretta 92 rocks!

13. Adrian Geary on November 20, 2022 at 9:54 pm

The girsan has a different slide and barrel lock up. They are not 100% intervhangable

14. Nephi Silver on November 20, 2022 at 9:57 pm

Do you own a lot of the guns that you showcase on your YouTube channel.. I just purchased two Beretta 92x and a 92 compact.. I was led to believe these guns were junk for a long time..I’m impressed with their accuracy and reliability..

15. Kenny Reilly on November 20, 2022 at 9:57 pm

It’s gonna be my first purchase after much homework.

16. Richy’s Out of Order Cigars on November 20, 2022 at 9:58 pm

Don’t use low quality mags , I can’t stress that enough . But in the service mags get abused beyond belief where any firearm will have issues . A lot of guys while I was in bought their own mags .

17. ProjecthuntanFish on November 20, 2022 at 10:00 pm

I carried an M9 in Desert Storm as my primary weapon (Tank crewman USMC)

18. Thomas Puma on November 20, 2022 at 10:01 pm

I wanted to get a new Taurus 92 but couldn’t find one ?

19. bruce peck on November 20, 2022 at 10:05 pm

Love the 92. Still wish I had one. Maybe now………

20. Massive PAW on November 20, 2022 at 10:10 pm

Beretta 92 is still my favorite sidearm

21. Sir Sir on November 20, 2022 at 10:10 pm

In the situation you run out of ammo it can used like a brick to beat on the target.

22. Incomudro on November 20, 2022 at 10:13 pm

It’s Martin Rigg’s gun.
    That’s the coolest part.

23. Babar Ali on November 20, 2022 at 10:13 pm

Just bought it yesterday clone version. Made in Pakistan.

24. John Doe on November 20, 2022 at 10:14 pm

Ah, the ever so famous gun shop Beretta and Taurus are one in the same myth once again. Beretta and Taurus are not affiliated in anyway. Taurus PT92s are and never were built on Beretta tooling or at a former Beretta factory in Brazil. It’s a cheap knockoff copy and that is that. If you own or have shot a real Beretta 92S, 92F, 92FS, M9 etc etc you would know this to be a tall story invented to sell the inferior Taurus knockoff copy to unsuspecting gullible buyers.

25. matt176 on November 20, 2022 at 10:14 pm

good

76% satisfied with the accuracy
    66% satisfied with range
    88% satisfied with rate of fire
    83% didn’t need repairs while at war

bad
    48% dissatisfied with it’s performance
    26% reported failures
    45% reported failures of the magazine
    46% where not confident with it
    26% desired heavier calibers

26. Mike Hughes on November 20, 2022 at 10:16 pm

Every M9 I saw fail in Iraq was dry and dirty. Lazy slobs ran to their computer or video games after missions and didn’t clean the nasty desert dirt off of them. Their mags never got emptied or cleaned for the length of their deployment. In their pouches the crap just packed into those mags. My 3 machine guns, rifle with 203, shotgun,and M9 could grab filthy rusty ammo and shoot it flawlessly. I loved shooting dirty ammo that they didn’t want in the armory. I got thousands of rounds to shoot because it was filthy and rusty. Never an issue. They would say " Hughes, do you want to get rid of this dirty ammo for us? I always said he’ll yeah. Even if it meant hours of cleanup on the machine guns.

27. Shawn Glass on November 20, 2022 at 10:18 pm

Beretta was right about the over pressure ammo causing the slide failure. It was equivalent to shooting .357 magnum through a handgun built for 9mm. That is why Beretta won the lawsuit against the military. The sad part is that, even though the Beretta M9 was not to blame for the slide failures, the reports are still to this day hurting Beretta’s reputation among the many people who do not know the details. Regardless, Beretta strengthened the slides to where they would handle the over-pressured ammunition and, at an average of over 17,000 rounds between failures in tests under U.S. military supervision and with randomly selected M9’s, the Beretta M9/92 is the most reliable handgun ever made.

28. Ryan Heisler on November 20, 2022 at 10:21 pm

My number 1 reason I bought a Beretta:

Resident Evil… my favorite video game series 🧟‍♂️ and it’s a beautifully crafted handgun.

29. Five Crosses on November 20, 2022 at 10:22 pm

Received a 92x compact for Christmas. It’s been my winter edc since. Love it.

30. Borborygmus on November 20, 2022 at 10:23 pm

# 11: Lee Van Cleef used a Beretta M9 during the final duel scene of The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

31. Lucy Miller on November 20, 2022 at 10:23 pm

Wow! Beretta helped start Taurus. I always figured Taurus for a decent gun manufacturer….

32. Big Kenny on November 20, 2022 at 10:24 pm

It is on the heavy side but this was designed to be a combat pistol that can carry 15 -30 rounds depending on magazine selection. I carry it with me all the time in a shoulder holster. It is very comfortable and easily concealed with a jacket or coat. I have upgraded it with some after market parts from Wilson Combat and it shoots even better. The mags pair with my kel-tec sub 2000
    (Yes my 30 round happy sticks too) This is like the American Express slogan…..Don’t leave home without it. Great firearm and worth every penny. only better pistol in this model is the one that shoots 3 round bursts, but that will probably be out of my price range. Great review. I learned some new things about my Italian made 92FS.

33. Jordan Joestar on November 20, 2022 at 10:27 pm

Fun fact: -‘During this testing period 42 M9 pistols were fired 210,000 rounds, with resultant reliability “almost 10 times better than the rate of reliability required by the U.S. Army in its current Modular Handgun System program. Half of the LAT reliability tests resulted in ‘perfect’ reliability scores with zero malfunctions in 15,000 rounds!”

1 malfunction at an average of nearly 20,000 rounds.

34. coffee and bread with jacques van zyl on November 20, 2022 at 10:28 pm

South Africa made the Z88

35. Benard Allison on November 20, 2022 at 10:28 pm

My neighbor told me how he got a safety gun for a reliable seller *kingcredit on wickr* now I got glock for him tnkz man

36. scott2228 on November 20, 2022 at 10:29 pm

Love my M9A4

37. Joshua B on November 20, 2022 at 10:30 pm

Girsan is garbage, I made the mistake of buying one being a novice, should’ve spent the extra money and bought a beretta! Still mad at myself.

38. Bora Yurtoren on November 20, 2022 at 10:32 pm

I am Turkish and I own a Yavuz 16 Defender (new name for the Compact version) There is no contract between Beretta and Girsan as far as my knowledge goes. I have been to their factory and talked to their officials, there was no mention of Beretta’s involvement or support in any way. They just reverse engineered the pistol, made some slight changes on it and came up with their own version. Very happy with mine by the way, never had any problems, works like a charm. One solid and very dependable gun to own.

39. Joel Scott on November 20, 2022 at 10:33 pm

Fun fact: I like Beretta, but all my friends are Glock fan boys and dismiss everything else.

40. Muhammad Usman on November 20, 2022 at 10:33 pm

I am from Pakistan.
    It is very popular hand gun in here.
    Massive clone perducing by local gun makers and these clone are very low cost nearly 100 bucks you can get one.
    Even Pakistan army making a clone for civilians. its named PK 09. Its almost as good as Italian model is butt 4 time cheaper then italian or us model.

41. ash dobbs on November 20, 2022 at 10:33 pm

something that I bet you didn’t know….I have one.

42. 33 13 on November 20, 2022 at 10:33 pm

Sergeant Martin Riggs AKA Mel Gibson carried the Beretta 92, in 1987 Lethal Weapon then came Bruce Willis in Die Hard in 88 , and so on,

43. dennyadkins21 on November 20, 2022 at 10:34 pm

I have a girsan regard mc. Its Amazing

44. Serggi on November 20, 2022 at 10:37 pm

Fuck god! Religions have caused way too many wars.

45. Tell D Truth on November 20, 2022 at 10:37 pm

“God” people are funny. Doesn’t make a bit of sense but people wear like a badge of honor. “Hey, I’m moral and righteous”. Love families and Beretta’s though, cause they actually exist!

46. Eric on November 20, 2022 at 10:38 pm

Interesting stuff. I have been a first time go on the Army M9 qualifying range every time as a Warrant Officer for the past 11 years with this issued weapon. I have always been happy with it, as well as my civilian owned Glock 23

47. The Real Hawkeye II on November 20, 2022 at 10:39 pm

It was featured in the Sopranos logo, and appeared in at least a couple of episodes. Tony dropped one in the snow that he happened to be carrying when the FBI showed up to arrest his associate. Later it was picked up by a sixteen year old boy, who was arrested for possession, who then fingered Tony Soprano as the one who dropped it in the snow.

48. Will William on November 20, 2022 at 10:39 pm

Have a 92S which I purchased to get more proficient in my navy seabee qualification. Just recently purchased a 92X full size and the double action trigger is fantastic. It has become my favorite range gun.

49. Ivan Badillo on November 20, 2022 at 10:40 pm

I’m surprised the girsan regard select 1 in not more popular.

50. Little_Blue_wagon on November 20, 2022 at 10:42 pm