Top 5 Antique Rifles

Top 5 Antique Rifles

“Top 5” Videos are for ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY and may contain satire. Bigfoot, aliens, and your daughter’s boyfriend are safe. “Top 5” subjects are meant to drive political commentary, may contain popular culture references, and offer a light-hearted means to demonstrate unique and interesting firearms to our viewers.
AMAZON Store: https://amzn.to/2H7Lq6Y
PATREON: https://www.patreon.com/iv8888
JOIN USCCA LEGAL SELF DEFENSE NETWORK: http://usccapartners.com/IV8888
CHECK OUT OUR MUSIC CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/c/Guitarsenal

In this video we discuss our top five picks for the best antique rifles. Stay tuned guys we have many more on the way.

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE!

Shirts & other Apparel:
Like us on Facebook:

Follow Us On Instagram:

AMAZON NOTICE: As an Amazon Associate, Iraqveteran8888 earns from qualifying purchases.

Copyright 2016, 88 Industries, LLC
DISCLAIMER: Our videos are strictly for documentary, educational, and entertainment purposes only. All shooting is performed on state-approved firing ranges under the supervision of trained professionals. Imitation or the use of any acts depicted in these videos is solely AT YOUR OWN RISK. All work on firearms should be carried out by a licensed individual and all state and federal rules apply to such. We (including YouTube) will not be held liable for any injury to yourself or damage to your firearms resulting from attempting anything shown in any of our videos. We do not endorse any specific product and this video is not an attempt to sell you a good or service. We are not a gun store and DO NOT sell or deal in firearms. Such a practice is heavily regulated and subject to applicable laws. We DO NOT sell parts, magazines, or firearms. We are not instructing our viewers on how to modify firearms, accessories or otherwise to change their basic legal function. These videos are free to watch and if anyone attempts to charge for this video notify us immediately. By viewing or flagging this video you are acknowledging the above.

Fair Use: In the rare instance we include someone else’s footage it is covered in Fair Use for Documentary and Educational purposes with the intention of driving commentary and allowing freedom of speech.

1. Stephen Kikon on August 21, 2022 at 8:08 pm

What shortcoming are they talking about the rifles…. They were the best in their time ..

2. crewnail on August 21, 2022 at 8:09 pm

I found my 43 Spanish rolling block on armslist, I had it shipped to my house. Found ammo from Aardvark in Florida. Just bought a bayonet for a Martini rifle at an estate sale.

3. pcasey37 on August 21, 2022 at 8:09 pm

An unmentioned factor driving the cost of the Trapdoor up is finding one that hasn’t been bubba’d at some point in its life is fairly difficult.

4. David Comer on August 21, 2022 at 8:09 pm

I know this is old thread, but I have a Beaumont, but not like the one you talked about. Mine is short, almost like a Carbine, with a metal curved butt plate. Date shows 1885. No impression on the side of the stock. Rough Shape though, missing the site.

5. Patrick Cortez on August 21, 2022 at 8:12 pm

What ever you do do not take the Dutch Beaumont bolt apart you will not get it put together.that is why my Dutch Beaumont is at the gunsmith to get the bolt back together.

6. THE WORLD WeLivein on August 21, 2022 at 8:12 pm

What guns can I own if a Californian under the Brady Bill??

7. Jordan Araujo on August 21, 2022 at 8:13 pm

Lol rolling blocks are like $3000 now.

8. August Halvorsen on August 21, 2022 at 8:15 pm

10:37

9. S A on August 21, 2022 at 8:16 pm

Best Gun Show!

10. Cathan Mc Cann on August 21, 2022 at 8:16 pm

Here in Ireland and the UK we can own all of these without a licence unless who have ammunition for it of course

11. IMPc on August 21, 2022 at 8:16 pm

Where is MOSIN NAGANT

12. Reid Alexander on August 21, 2022 at 8:21 pm

This is crazy how much these things have become to much to touch

13. HI Man Colections on August 21, 2022 at 8:23 pm

1898

14. Mason Haggerty on August 21, 2022 at 8:23 pm

I would’ve listed the Spanish mauser on this list. Same with the Argentine 1891and the Belgian 1889.

15. Michael McAmis on August 21, 2022 at 8:23 pm

Where are your Winchester highwalls

16. Tim Pole on August 21, 2022 at 8:29 pm

It’s now Jan 2 2022. Go to IMA and you can pretty much double the prices mentioned in this video. Damn.

17. Motorsport Home on August 21, 2022 at 8:30 pm

Great video. Thank you 🙏

18. southernil primative on August 21, 2022 at 8:30 pm

I got a remington rolling block rifle in 8mm lebel instead of the 7mm mauser I’ve had several of them in seven I love em

19. Hassan 🥀 on August 21, 2022 at 8:31 pm

I have a num 1 gun
    I sold this gun
    How much ?

20. Dragon800 on August 21, 2022 at 8:31 pm

4:55 most 1889’s take the 7.5×55 cartridge just fine. it’s true they cant take the pressure but they most certainly will chamber them more often than not.

21. mohamed 99 on August 21, 2022 at 8:33 pm

What is the name of the gun number three and thank you

22. Garrett D-T on August 21, 2022 at 8:34 pm

Where’s the Gatling gun?

23. Jamie Hess on August 21, 2022 at 8:35 pm

Nice guns, but… They’re hard to find, cost $400-700 each, chambered in obsolete and expensive ammo? Makes you wonder why 98% of Americans would rather buy an old pawn shop Marlin or Remington….

24. Drue Just on August 21, 2022 at 8:39 pm

I know this is a late comment, but a Finnish mosin nagant is a perfect antique if you can find one with a receiver made in the correct timeline

25. Manish manish on August 21, 2022 at 8:39 pm

9792643849 WhatsApp number code postal 315 katta pistolm

26. Dylan Harris on August 21, 2022 at 8:39 pm

I’m disappointed not seeing a Sharpe’s rifle, it was literally the 1st American sniper rifle and is also 1 of the most collectable guns

27. Dragon800 on August 21, 2022 at 8:39 pm

I love Swiss rifles the Vetterli 69/71 is my favorite

28. Stefan Sharak on August 21, 2022 at 8:39 pm

Antique pistols????????

29. Stephen Kikon on August 21, 2022 at 8:41 pm

30. Saturn Media on August 21, 2022 at 8:43 pm

8:12 I bought one under the impression that it was an old French Lebel rifle. got it for $159 out the door. Went home, looked up the stampings and found identical rifles and it turns out that it is a Dutch Beaumont! I am still confused on what the caliber is, I have seen a few different ones although Eric said that the caliber is 11×52 rimmed. Thing is, I measured the bore and I’m getting 11mm, I have seen people online talking about 11.3 mm and I’m not 100% sure what that is about. If anyone has ANY information on the rifle then please let me know! It is serial number 759 from 1876, and the butt plate says 1891, which I’m assuming is the conversion date since these were once just single shot rifles.

31. Stanley Browning on August 21, 2022 at 8:43 pm

Want top 10 made in USA rifles? Top 10 MADE IN USA handguns? Top 10 Made in USA Weapons?

32. Seth N. on August 21, 2022 at 8:43 pm

Beaumont-Vitalis are 4+1 actually…and mine is #307 so very close to yours eric

33. Wisconsin_Redneck13 on August 21, 2022 at 8:45 pm

there should be a company that remakes old guns, so say you have an og martini henry that’s to old to shoot, buy a new one and shoot that. and make different versions that were used by different countrys
    BTW anyone in 2019

34. vipex viper on August 21, 2022 at 8:46 pm

1898

35. jay lee on August 21, 2022 at 8:48 pm

I prefer the m1 garand or m1 grand

36. ethan harris on August 21, 2022 at 8:49 pm

@3:40…? Say what? Even Australia?

37. Hamm 603 on August 21, 2022 at 8:53 pm

The Peabody design made by Providence Tool co. is the ORIGINAL Martini. Swiss jerk named Martini didn’t mind patent infringement. The rifle won the military trial in late 1860’s but the Trapdoor was adopted even though it came in 3rd.
    Mine is a Massachusetts militia rifle in .43 Spanish with the rack tag. I also have a patent infringement Martini Henery. Peabody in .43 Spanish was much more accurate.

38. Jason Tindell on August 21, 2022 at 8:53 pm

God Bless everyone!!!! Jesus Loves you all very much!!!!

39. Dom Geise on August 21, 2022 at 8:55 pm

7:35 good 4 round repeater (in my "good kitty" voice) 😂😂😂

40. 11BangBang on August 21, 2022 at 8:56 pm

Is it just me or did the ATF just redefine what an antique gun is?

I had always heard and was always of the belief that if a gun was a muzzleloader, cap and ball revolver or if a gun was made before 1898 (and is not a machine gun) it was considered an antique and NFA rules don’t apply.

For instance if you bought an 1873 trapdoor in 45-70 it usually gets shipped straight to your door.

However when I looked this up on the ATFs website today this is what I found.

Firearms Verification

National Firearms Act Definitions

Antique Firearm

26 U.S.C. § 5845(G)
    "For the purposes of the National Firearms Act, the term “Antique Firearms” means any firearm

*NOT INTENDED OR REDESIGNED FOR USING RIM FIRE OR CONVENTIONAL CENTER FIRE IGNITION WITH FIXED AMMUNITION AND MANUFACTURED IN OR BEFORE 1898*
    (including any matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap or similar type of ignition system or replica thereof, whether actually manufactured before or after the year 1898) and also any firearm using fixed ammunition manufactured in or before 1898, for which ammunition is no longer manufactured in the United States and is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade."

So does this mean that since my 159 year old 1862 S&W Model 1 is chambered in 22 short and 22 short is still manufactured in the U.S and is available on the consumer market it’s now considered a modern Firearm and is no longer an antique?

41. gja 111075 on August 21, 2022 at 8:57 pm

Never trust anyone named Chad

42. Chuck Lucas on August 21, 2022 at 8:57 pm

I have a Springfield trap door that came from a church color guard in Oklahoma it was sighted in at 400 yards I look it up an it was used by the Oklahoma National Guard nice shooter easy to reload

43. The Great Tigorian Channel on August 21, 2022 at 8:58 pm

Hey, I cant seem to find your reloading series on the Martini-Henry cartridge. Where can I find that?

44. hashim bokhamseen on August 21, 2022 at 8:58 pm

Chad

45. migo on August 21, 2022 at 8:58 pm

C’mon just think of it, who the fvck will rob a bank with a fvcking flintlock

46. Kurt Van Duran on August 21, 2022 at 9:02 pm

Chavez wasn’t in power during the 1950’s

Good video btw

47. Tony Silva on August 21, 2022 at 9:03 pm

Mexico isn’t a South American country lol. It’s in the North American continent.

48. Patrick Cortez on August 21, 2022 at 9:04 pm

I have a British mk4 martini Henry and I have a Dutch Beaumont rifle and. French gras,rifles.

49. Big Foot on August 21, 2022 at 9:05 pm

Chad is staring me down.
    Cool it with the dominant eye contact chad.

50. K Walsemann on August 21, 2022 at 9:06 pm

Nepal cach bought in 2003!