What are the best shotgun chokes for skeet,sporting and game? Which constriction should I use?

What chokes should I be using and do chokes make a difference. Here George goes through the most common choke combinations and tells us what constriction is best for each shooting disciple whether thats English Skeet, English Sporting or Olympic trap. He also touches on steel.
Please do feel free to comment and we will do our best to help you.
Regards
The Premier Guns team,

1. Roger Miller on September 21, 2022 at 8:35 pm

5/8 x 5/8 no brainer for sporting .😉😉

2. MuskieZz on September 21, 2022 at 8:41 pm

i have a Fabarm and i always shoot Full choke and steel shot… also have a beretta semi auto and also use full choke on that.. always shooting 36gr mags #3 shot with both… beautiful patterns on water and very long range shots on goose and ducks..

3. Aeron Mw7ofs on September 21, 2022 at 8:42 pm

I don’t understand why the bigger manufacturers dont supply more chokes with new guns , 2 of each .

4. Bentley Fatheree on September 21, 2022 at 8:42 pm

Never change your choke unless you are shooting a rabbit. Sporting Clays.

5. buckshotaaa on September 21, 2022 at 8:52 pm

A very informative video for someone new into choke tubes. Pretty much gives all the information a new shooter needs regarding choke selection, well done George. Just a point about the choke gauge you mentioned, it will only tell you the difference between chokes, not the actual restriction which is determined by the internal dimension of the barrel in relation to the restriction at the muzzle. Those Muller chokes really look the business.

6. Graham Edwards on September 21, 2022 at 9:05 pm

That was a great little video, I’d never understood the fractions (5/8) that people occasionally referred to but now it makes sense.

7. Raj King on September 21, 2022 at 9:05 pm

Hi it is a great video. We appreciate your effort to eloborate about chokes. I have a Beretta 692 sporting. I would like to know which choke is preferred for lg rounds ?

8. Frank Bier on September 21, 2022 at 9:07 pm

I can’t understand what this guy is saying!

9. Roger Miller on September 21, 2022 at 9:11 pm

Great video. One of the best explanation’ s on chokes I have seen well done.

10. TheWalkingNoob on September 21, 2022 at 9:12 pm

I shoot skeet with steel (Gamebore, 9 24g) I use Cyl and Cyl choke because steel patterns tighter than lead – using Skeet and skeet with it is like using IC/IC and thus is to tight. You should do a video on steel pattern and how tight it is for the shot compared to lead.

11. Michael Lissow on September 21, 2022 at 9:12 pm

I prefer the Homer Simpson choke…very tight and constricting.

12. Tommy TwoGun on September 21, 2022 at 9:16 pm

As a beginner with an O/U double barrel 12 gauge, I should use skeet, improved cylinder, and light modified? The tightest that would be used would be modified for trap?

13. Mikael Isaksson on September 21, 2022 at 9:20 pm

Excellent video!
    I own a Beretta 686 Sporting adjustable and I shoot skeet with steel. Gamebore 7 24g. I’ve been told that never exceed 1/2 choke using steel. Is then 1/2 choke optimal for the upper boar and 1/4 for the lower bore?

14. Falah Aldoshan on September 21, 2022 at 9:27 pm

Is there any relation between weight of the shell and number of the choke, please ? You are great.

15. Clive Elias Suffield-Thompson on September 21, 2022 at 9:31 pm

Nice video. I usually go for 1/4 & 1/2 but have messed about with 3/4 & Full for a challenge. I just shoot on a normal clay range but it is nice to be informed on chokes now and then as I have x5 chokes with my two guns and a fixed choke side by side (Spanish) which is probably 1/4 & 1/2 but not checked as yet. Anyway, great vid guys. Keep up the good work!