Wheel Gun Wednesday : Taurus 942 : 8 Shot 22 Mag

Wheel Gun Wednesday : Taurus 942 : 8 Shot 22 Mag

It’s Wheel Gun Wednesday! And we’re finally taking a close look at the new 8 shot revolver by Taurus, the Taurus 942M

Your support is critical to our mission and channel. Please consider becoming a GFG patron. http://www.patreon.com/godfamilyandguns

Our website offers a link to submit prayer request.http://www.godfamilyandguns.org

History of Weapons

Car Classics Youtube Channel

God Family and Guns

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/godfamilyandguns/

1. Chris Perrien on November 20, 2022 at 9:44 pm

22 WMR is just not a short barrel pistol round. Sure it has more power and weight than a 22 LR , but it loses alot of its "magnum" load out of a short barrel. The difference between it and a 22 LR is not much in a shorty.
    22 WMR is a rifle round, to use it in a pistol wastes what it was designed for. Such WMR pistols’ are more novelty than anything , because they have 8 shots. But the extra size and weight to so means they are about as big or bigger as 38’s , while not having 38 size/weight / HP performance bullets.

8 shots seems nice, but usually SD is done with half or less.

2. Alexander Cardoza Sánchez on November 20, 2022 at 9:45 pm

I’m the proud owner of a Taurus 22magnum for ar least 23 years, carring it in different situations self defense, hunting, snakes reliver 🌄🙂 and many other things. Greetings from Costa Rica, Central América, I love your chanel.🙂👌🌄💪🙏👮✝️ 30 years of service, close to pension, costa rican coast gard.

3. SB 1960 on November 20, 2022 at 9:45 pm

22mag is priced as high as 9mm right now. Is it worth the trade off?

4. Aaron Larsen on November 20, 2022 at 9:45 pm

I think it’s a great choice. I think they could build a titanium frame, if you got the bucks. You would hardly feel it, in your pocket.

5. REDKLOCK RANCH on November 20, 2022 at 9:47 pm

I can’t find the Taurus 942 22mag anywhere in SA Texas… I can’t find it online. This gun is AWOL.

6. Angel B. on November 20, 2022 at 9:47 pm

It’s just a beautiful piece,$$ is right & Machine work looks like quality

7. commonconservative on November 20, 2022 at 9:47 pm

i think the dependability of rimfire depends on inadvertent jostling and rough handling and the rim primer coming loose, i think those noisy plastic clear containers is not good, it creates bad muscle memory habits

8. Charles Smith on November 20, 2022 at 9:49 pm

Love 22 magnum you got a good gun

9. _buconmob _ on November 20, 2022 at 9:51 pm

3:47 Heisenberg

10. Ryan Brawley on November 20, 2022 at 9:51 pm

So this will shoot both 22lr and 22 mag?

11. Alfred Torres on November 20, 2022 at 9:54 pm

Today I found one online🎉 waiting for years to find one..

12. DonTruman on November 20, 2022 at 9:55 pm

That is intriguing.
    I wasn’t sure what you were saying about the trigger. Are you saying it DOES allow you to feel when you get to a point just before the hammer falls, or that it doesn’t?
    Looking at the Taurus website I see they have 8 versions of it now, including a lighter 18 oz model. All have retail prices a bit over $400.

13. Miguel Palma on November 20, 2022 at 9:55 pm

I picked up a 2 inch 22lr for $317 a few weeks ago. And today ordered a 3inch .22mag. Kentucky gun co. Great price. Just have to check everyday til instock

14. Robert Rigby Jr on November 20, 2022 at 9:56 pm

okay Mr Mark, i like what you have said about the 942m and have found a used one at a pawnshop needless to say it came home with me and your right this is a nice 22 mag, thank you

15. JRS on November 20, 2022 at 10:01 pm

Prayer Request: Please pray for our 2A rights, the Economy, that we get the right people in office in the midterms and save America for our children and their future.

16. MotoknivesandgunsbyJT on November 20, 2022 at 10:02 pm

Can’t wait to pick up this gun that my dealer said just came I’m on my order. Please pray for my family as Satan has gotten a hold of them with constant fighting, bickering, swearing, no love. Thank you, God bless.

17. James Morrison on November 20, 2022 at 10:02 pm

The 22 magnum is not an ideal self defense round, but I would not want to be on the receiving end of this little round.

18. Jazz Man on November 20, 2022 at 10:05 pm

Fine vid Mark! At half the weight and over twice the price Smith offers the 351 PD. You have to sacrifice one round as it’s a 7 shooter but man….11 ozs…..12 oz with 7 Rds loaded. Uber easy to shoot and I think what you’re shooting puts out something like 140 ft lbs……close to .38 special. Has the usual terrible double action found on rim fire revolvers but it stages very nicely all the same and single action is typical Smith….wonderful. Darn thing is made of unobtanium or some such which is how you get to 11 ozs but man….price. Thanks

19. Grey Ghost on November 20, 2022 at 10:10 pm

Every gun I see I want 🤣

20. Mike Dembek on November 20, 2022 at 10:11 pm

Great gun and pork pie!

21. Dennis the Menace on November 20, 2022 at 10:12 pm

Beautiful gun

22. Paul Nolan on November 20, 2022 at 10:14 pm

Let’s see it in .327 Federal mag and eight rounds.

23. greyballer1 on November 20, 2022 at 10:15 pm

Darn it! Thought I had all the guns I could.ever need…lol. not a revolver guy but have been carrying my taurus 605 a lot lately…thanks for the review!

24. Patrick Kealy on November 20, 2022 at 10:16 pm

Yeah and good luck trying to buy this great revolver.

25. SpankDeezNuggets on November 20, 2022 at 10:16 pm

I’d recommend Speer Gold-Dot ammo if you are carrying 22mag for self defense. It’s made for short barrels and expands very well at lower velocities. I have a 9" revolver in 22mag and those Gold-Dots just make cans of dog food explode at like 15 yards. They hit pretty hard for a rimfire. I don’t carry anything smaller than a 380 though. I use HSTs or extreme penetrators in my Ruger LCP Max.

26. Dylan Rich on November 20, 2022 at 10:16 pm

I used to have a sentinel hi standard mk IV it was a 9 shot 22 magnum snub nosed revolver. I picked it up off the street for 150 bucks when i was 19. I ended up re-selling it but now i deeply regret it after finding how rare that particular pistol is now.

27. GenTech Mike on November 20, 2022 at 10:17 pm

I want it!

28. AK-48 on November 20, 2022 at 10:18 pm

Not for pocket or purse CC.

29. Bob O on November 20, 2022 at 10:18 pm

The difference between a 22 Cal Long rifle pistol and a 22 Magnum pistol is not very much. The new LR bullets are almost the same from a 2" barrel which brings in the .223 caliber such as that used in the AR platform. Lets talk about the .223 cal first. Does everyone know that the .223 cal is the same diameter for the LR, Magnum and the AR 15? The ONLY difference between the 3 is speed in FPS. Given that the AR 15 platform was never designed as a KILL shot I think there are a lot of misconceptions about 22 Cal in general. The AR platform was designed to WOUND an enemy so his compadres or comrades would be tied up helping a wounded soldier. Think about it, an AR round fired in a home does not stop at the front door or any of the interior or exterior walls. With the FPS up there at 2500-3000 FPS you are shooting a bullet where you do not even know where it will stop. Personally, I think the AR is not a suitable weapon for self defense around the home (my opinion) and yes I have several other caliber pistols also. My point is I think you should use the least amount of force necessary. On to the LR vs mag. Are these the best killing round, NO. If you choose the magnum, have you considered where you will get the ammo if needed? The answer is no. If SHTF comes about, 22 mag will be very difficult to find so I think if you choose the mag you better buy up a bundle of bricks. 5-10,000 rounds minimum or consider using it as a club for backup. That brings us to the long rifle cartridge. The new ones are very close to the mag. without being eccentric like the PSD rounds but can be found easily, lighter and are far cheaper than larger calibers. Thats my opinion lets hear yours.

30. MISTA MACK on November 20, 2022 at 10:18 pm

I wonder do they make these hammerlis

31. Grey Ghost on November 20, 2022 at 10:19 pm

Awesome. When one doesn’t fire, you have 7 more chances !
    JK 😉

32. kbkesq on November 20, 2022 at 10:19 pm

Sold for more than they’re worth? Someone didn’t learn Economics 101

33. Eric Freutel on November 20, 2022 at 10:21 pm

Great review many thanks❤

34. Andy Frost on November 20, 2022 at 10:22 pm

How about the trigger.?

35. Terry Goolsby on November 20, 2022 at 10:23 pm

Have a 3inch version and it’s great love revolvers. This is exceptional.

36. Silver Back on November 20, 2022 at 10:26 pm

The Taurus matte stainless is quite nice in my opinion. I want one of these .

37. Lacy Downing Jr on November 20, 2022 at 10:26 pm

I’ve been wanting to get my hands on this revolver as well. They are selling for way more than they were when they came to market.

38. Rob Ph on November 20, 2022 at 10:27 pm

I have the 3" version. Very, very accurate and easy to shoot, very reliable. I’m carrying it with the new Federal Punch .22 mag HP rounds. Incidentally, it fits perfectly in a open-top leather holster marketed by Charter Arms for its Bulldog 2.5". Only downside is that I have not yet found a speedloader for the gun.

39. Dave Abraham on November 20, 2022 at 10:29 pm

DONT BUY ONE.THEY ARE JUNK.OVE SEAS GARBAGE

40. googlechicken on November 20, 2022 at 10:30 pm

I have an lcr in 22 magnum that I find myself carrying more often than I thought, I have always carried a compact steel frame semi auto ( currently a CZ P01) and never had much of an issue as far as comfort. The lcr just disappears carrying appendix and has the benefit of being small enough to fit in a pocket if necessary. 22 mag is not an ideal defensive load but in situations that require deep concealment the trade off is worth it and with good shot placement will get the job done

41. Mark C. Aguilar on November 20, 2022 at 10:31 pm

👍🙏✝️22 mag.

42. Jeffy Bezos on November 20, 2022 at 10:32 pm

matte stainless is perfect on this thing

43. commonconservative on November 20, 2022 at 10:32 pm

does the hammer hesitation on double action happen perfectly on all cylinders? It looks like a very good accuracy improver , but i wonder what trouble might show up accidently on through the years of use?—> there should be a gunsmith’s terminology for that delay—>speaking of delay, what if you choose not to fire the round after the hammer is top dead center ready to fire?

44. Sergio Godines on November 20, 2022 at 10:37 pm

Enguatemalyaaymagnunsoiserjiogdines

45. Cheap Creep on November 20, 2022 at 10:38 pm

I didn’t know Taurus used to be owned by S&W.

46. Ryan Hale on November 20, 2022 at 10:39 pm

I have a Taurus like this in .22mag but with a 4In barrel. I agree with everything said here. It looks like a 357 but the heft makes it the most accurate gun I own. The .22mag comes screaming out of that barrel. Whenever I bring it with me to the range, I let folks shoot it if they want and everyone finds it to be the most fun gun they’ve shot that day I bought it used and it’s really well built, super reliable and was half the price of the Rutgers and s&w revolvers.

47. Robert Gimber on November 20, 2022 at 10:40 pm

I want one too ! I want one too ! BAD !!

48. Melvin Mayfield on November 20, 2022 at 10:42 pm

Peace & Blessings, Brother! 🙂 (Remember! NEVER trust the Soul, what don’t, trust-in-Revolvers! 🙂

49. Grey Ghost on November 20, 2022 at 10:42 pm

.22 for EDC ? I dunno about that. I think .380 is too light.

50. Jonathan Becker on November 20, 2022 at 10:43 pm

What’s the velocity of the 22 mag thru the 3 inch barrel? Does the velocity make this comparable to a larger caliber like a .38 or 9mm? Some of the numbers I saw were like 2,200 for a 30gr HP and like 1,700 for a 50 gr.
    But I don’t know if those are correct for such a short barrel.